eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Thanks dude...Are you able to compete passing moves/plays that you cannot do on PA1, as in more free?

There's just no comparison. It feels like the game has come to life. And it really doesn't take that long for manual passing to feel natural - much more natural than computer guided passing.

Advanced through balls are amazing too. Takes ages to get used to the system (you press the button and a circle appears on the pitch, you move the circle to where you want to put the ball and then let go of the button) but once you get the hang of it you'll never go back. With a good passer you can totally break the artificial "straight lines" of the game and start curling short chipped passes in-between defenders etc., Things you just can't do in PA1.

Also, the rest of your team respond to manual passes and advanced through balls - for example, if you see a player running down the wing and you want him to come inside to receive a pass, on PA1 you can't do it. He'll just keep running in a straight line and that's where your pass will go, wherever you try to put it. His predetermined running pattern is more powerful than your input. On manual / advanced through ball, you can play the ball in his direction but slightly infield and slightly short, and he will change his run to come and get it. Suddenly the whole pitch opens up.

Just when you start to enjoy the game, scripting kicks in. After a winning streak, I ended up tie 3-3, 4-4, 1-1 and 2-2. And all of the matches CPU scored 4+ more goals after 85th min. And my defenders just stops

For me. Playing manual passing, personally just think constantly how to pass the ball not sure if you guys feel the same. Pressure to get the pass right.

It seems to take out the enjoyment out of it for me, because I'm constantly thinking of how to perform the pass. Doesn't help my friends play pa1.

You definitely will at first but once you get the hang of it, it'll just come natural. When I first tried to learn fuma I played on regular only, even then I lost most of the games. The problem people find when starting to play manual is that their mind set is still to play game as how they would on PA1, I would say don't pass the ball to where your team mate is positioned, but just place the ball to anywhere you want and let the AI move your team mate toward your pass. But if you already tried and can't enjoy it then whats the point, just do what you enjoy.

Wow amazing (monster) patch, Game is really in good shape and most issues were ironed out.

Wrong call never a foul
Was inside the area and ruled outside, No penalties allowed in this game I guess

VS Superstar difficulty...Amazing AI running away from the ball carrier (me)

Last edited:
Can't see clearly enough to see if it was a foul or not as sometime when you zoom in you can see why it's given , it was outside though so wasn't a pen .
The AI running off looks poor , I don't see this at all on legendary and haven't seen it much on superstar to be fair , what passing assistance are you playing if any and also wonder if deep defensive line is set for the team

There's just no comparison. It feels like the game has come to life. And it really doesn't take that long for manual passing to feel natural - much more natural than computer guided passing.

Advanced through balls are amazing too. Takes ages to get used to the system (you press the button and a circle appears on the pitch, you move the circle to where you want to put the ball and then let go of the button) but once you get the hang of it you'll never go back. With a good passer you can totally break the artificial "straight lines" of the game and start curling short chipped passes in-between defenders etc., Things you just can't do in PA1.

Also, the rest of your team respond to manual passes and advanced through balls - for example, if you see a player running down the wing and you want him to come inside to receive a pass, on PA1 you can't do it. He'll just keep running in a straight line and that's where your pass will go, wherever you try to put it. His predetermined running pattern is more powerful than your input. On manual / advanced through ball, you can play the ball in his direction but slightly infield and slightly short, and he will change his run to come and get it. Suddenly the whole pitch opens up.
Thank you for the informative reply and the tips. As it happens, last night I played Ajax away with Liverpool. On normal difficulty.

No lie, I got beat both times. On normal! Lol.

I was using the algorithm mentioned above so not sure if that was it, more than likely it was manual passing as usually I'd smash Ajax away especially with Liverpool.

I have no issue losing to the ai, I just get frustrated with basic passes going wrong when in the final 3rd.against a human I wouldn't risk manual yet as we do a Verses mode.

Yeah I recently tried playing FUMA and it's so much better, it feels more like real football, much more rewarding. Tried playing with Barca against Sevilla yesterday on Professional FUMA (15 min halves) and won 1-0, defending is too easy for me on professional so I'll try playing on Top player, but overall, it takes time to get used to but it's so much better in the long run.

I've recently converted to FUMA and it's a much better game for me. I'm playing on SS and have really got to grips with passing, I love how you can just pop the ball into space on shot passes and they don't go direct to the man, means you can pick the ball up in some new areas and I still feel there is some individuality there. I can't go back now.

I've recently converted to FUMA and it's a much better game for me. I'm playing on SS and have really got to grips with passing, I love how you can just pop the ball into space on shot passes and they don't go direct to the man, means you can pick the ball up in some new areas and I still feel there is some individuality there. I can't go back now.
same for advanced through ball, get to grips with that and its another layer on top - frustrating to begin with but once you get one right thats it , no going back to basic

So, has anyone tried out the new patch?? Any significant changes or is the gameplay pretty much the same?
one game this morning before work to test it - saw no real noticeable differences, certainly nothing spoiling it - manual passing the same - to be fair had a really enjoyable game in my league - still not scored against legendary though FUMA - getting agonizingly close though :)

i need more patch impressions! :D

Doing iconic moments when they don't have the licenses for the kits and stadium these moments happened in just looks stupid. I thought they had Arsenal fully licensed yet just put on an 'iconic moment jersey'

Amateur hour again in the Konami marketing department :APPLAUD:

VS Superstar difficulty...Amazing AI running away from the ball carrier (me)

The run is actually nice, but look at the CB's at the end of the run. It kind of highlights what the CB's do a lot of the time in this game. They just defend imaginary positions instead of playing the attacker.

Back
Top Bottom