eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Ps5 here with digital pes21. Complete silent, faster first loading screen and faster game loading before matches. Also it seems slower in match and ps5 controller more responsive! Overall better experience!!!
Funny that as i bumped it up to plus 1 speed on ps5 the other day and forgot about it.
I really hope they do something special with the haptic feedback like pushing and pulling - astro is great showing off the controller.

How is ML in PES 2021? 19 was so bad and didn’t buy 20
I dont really remember ML in 19. But there is definitly not much difference. A few more cut scenes, which i just cancel anyway. They say they will change it a lot for pes 2022, but they said thay before

Skipping through cut scenes is quicker and from menu to match feels a lot quicker , the purple loading wheel is hardly there now , press X and it just jumps to.match , same for subs you can skip the visuals much quicker

Just tested it with both PS4 and PS5, and have to admit you are right. Obviously a wrong first impression Friday night.

Just played 2 games with Mexico in the gold Cup. 2 pens, 2 games in a row! Never ever seen that been playing since 98. Can't remember the last time this happened. Maybe poorer teams like Jamaica and Costa Rica make more mistakes in the box.

I dont really remember ML in 19. But there is definitly not much difference. A few more cut scenes, which i just cancel anyway. They say they will change it a lot for pes 2022, but they said thay before
It is more about scripting then cutscenes. In pes 2019 scripting was so heavy.

Just played 2 games with Mexico in the gold Cup. 2 pens, 2 games in a row! Never ever seen that been playing since 98. Can't remember the last time this happened. Maybe poorer teams like Jamaica and Costa Rica make more mistakes in the box.
What level of difficulty ?

General question, has anyone tried in edit mode the squad numbers bigger than #99 that the game allows. Iirc 100~999 (which sucks imo)

Has the rule changed? Cause I checked Wikipedia and the rules say only numbers between #1~99 are still allowed.

Whats peoples toughts on Riola and Ibra going after FIFA. I think Bale was also saying he never signed up to FIFApro. Do you think this will cause as much issues as Khan did back in the day. I think it may have been a precusor to PES losing the fake Bundesliga

This is usually why shooting is bad and rigid in all recent PES games, especially in contrast to the other ge. It is 50% limited trajectories and 50% supermen GKs.
Man if they need to rework some kind of balance between keepers and shots..

Between the trajectories and the awful superman saves, I've never felt less satisfaction in shooting than in 19-20 (judging from the videos I've seen, in 21 nothing significant changed as well).

What level is this ?
I don't know cause it is not my video, but I imidiatelly sympathized, cause I meet the same situation on most shots on Superstar and on most longshots on TopPlayer.

At least on 2020 and 2021 I asume, there is a "positive", that GK parrys the ball, while in previous versions it was more absurd as GK used to catch the ball after sky-jumping and land on his feet.

But on Master league on SS, no matter the GK stats you face, this is a usual Sunday afternoon save.

One of the best things about manual shooting is how much it reduces that nonsense. It's really hit home how shit assisted shooting is. With it there's basically a zone half a metre within and two metres outside the left and right hand post, and the keeper can get a hand to anything.

I'm not one of those manual-fixes-everything guys, but it makes it bearable for me.

This is usually why shooting is bad and rigid in all recent PES games, especially in contrast to the other game. It is 50% limited trajectories and 50% supermen GKs.
It feels as if the shot and the goalie animation are tied to each other. You take a certain shot and the goalie's jump, parries and catch are all tied to it while in older pes, goalies reactions were independent of the shot.

This is one of the best footy games in years and I'm still really enjoying it. So much better than 20 playing exhibition matches. The CPU has so much more variety which is a Godsend to us single players. The passing is so fluid and intuitive, and it has always been top notch in midfield, but they have definitely sorted out the AI issues from my experience and I've been a massive critic of the game these last few years.

This is usually why shooting is bad and rigid in all recent PES games, especially in contrast to the other game. It is 50% limited trajectories and 50% supermen GKs.
This sums up in a few seconds why I hate this game. Been missing having a football game to play and was thinking I might try playing 2020 again, but this video immediately put me off doing that.

It's only worth taking shots in positions/angles you know the game allows goals from, so you end up just grinding out chances the game will let you score and refusing to even shoot in slightly sub-optimal situations. As that play was developing, I didn't even consider shooting as a realistic option. If I was playing online co-op or team play and took that shot, my teammates would all be like "wtf is he doing wasting the ball". The game trains you to think the only path to a goal is lobbing it over to the left winger and crossing/cutting back. It's such a chore playing the game in a formulaic way like that.

It might be a challenge to win at high difficulties or online, but it's not an enjoyable football experience. It feels so pointless when nothing emergent/unexpected happens and you win 2-0 from 2 goals that feel identical to hundreds of others you have scored. Win a league title scoring 80 of these boring goals. Sign more ML players to score more of these identical boring goals (but maybe run a bit faster). The more I think about it, the more absolutely nothing in this game sounds appealing to try playing, it would be a total waste of my time.

This sums up in a few seconds why I hate this game. Been missing having a football game to play and was thinking I might try playing 2020 again, but this video immediately put me off doing that.

It's only worth taking shots in positions/angles you know the game allows goals from, so you end up just grinding out chances the game will let you score and refusing to even shoot in slightly sub-optimal situations. As that play was developing, I didn't even consider shooting as a realistic option. If I was playing online co-op or team play and took that shot, my teammates would all be like "wtf is he doing wasting the ball". The game trains you to think the only path to a goal is lobbing it over to the left winger and crossing/cutting back. It's such a chore playing the game in a formulaic way like that.

It might be a challenge to win at high difficulties or online, but it's not an enjoyable football experience. It feels so pointless when nothing emergent/unexpected happens and you win 2-0 from 2 goals that feel identical to hundreds of others you have scored. Win a league title scoring 80 of these boring goals. Sign more ML players to score more of these identical boring goals (but maybe run a bit faster). The more I think about it, the more absolutely nothing in this game sounds appealing to try playing, it would be a total waste of my time.
What is most disgusting about this game which requires multiple fixes you take a look on twitter official accounts and they only care about myclub and coins and nothing more, this attitude stinks trying to take max profit of a poor game which is having same errors from last edition

Last edited:

I really felt that bro,
I have been struggling to force myself to enjoy this game but you wrote exactly what my feelings are.

Somehow i feel liberated from this burden and looking forward to play other games now. Some of the i downloaded months ago and ive never tried once.
Resident evil 7, ghosts of tsushima, cuphead, etc

Don’t know if anyone has mentioned it but just want to raise one for Diego. 🍺... I’m too young to have seen him live or at his peak, but obviously I’ve seen enough highlights and stories to know what a god he was. I can only imagine something like a coked up prime Leo Messi, taking GBH every weekend (one obituary I read led me to his infamous game against Bilbao with a mass brawl) and still single handedly (no pun intended) winning world cups and serie A titles. What a player.

3 days of mourning announced in Argentina and rightly so. He will never be forgotten. ✌️

Don’t know if anyone has mentioned it but just want to raise one for Diego. 🍺... I’m too young to have seen him live or at his peak, but obviously I’ve seen enough highlights and stories to know what a god he was. I can only imagine something like a coked up prime Leo Messi, taking GBH every weekend (one obituary I read led me to his infamous game against Bilbao with a mass brawl) and still single handedly (no pun intended) winning world cups and serie A titles. What a player.

3 days of mourning announced in Argentina and rightly so. He will never be forgotten. ✌
Yes as an 39 year old Englishman sitting here in my number 10 Maradona Argentina shirt.. I completely agree.. Anyone that follows Serie A and knows what he did for Napoli will understand why is revered as the greatest player to play the game. Not perfect by all means but the greatest never are. RIP

Attachments

• IMG_20201126_181632.jpg
    IMG_20201126_181632.jpg
    672.8 KB · Views: 21
It feels as if the shot and the goalie animation are tied to each other. You take a certain shot and the goalie's jump, parries and catch are all tied to it while in older pes, goalies reactions were independent of the shot.
Yeah. It’s also noticeable when the keepers arms going into a weird animation sometimes, away from the ball! ...or though body parts... a shame, when you are hitting replay mode a couple of times per match like I do.

It not only feels like that, it is like that. The whole game is based around animation pairs. Basically, when you take a shot, the game first decides the outcome (goal / no goal), and then it chooses a fitting goalkeeper animation coupled with a shot trajectory to match that animation.

Back
Top Bottom