eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Don’t know if anyone has mentioned it but just want to raise one for Diego. 🍺... I’m too young to have seen him live or at his peak, but obviously I’ve seen enough highlights and stories to know what a god he was. I can only imagine something like a coked up prime Leo Messi, taking GBH every weekend (one obituary I read led me to his infamous game against Bilbao with a mass brawl) and still single handedly (no pun intended) winning world cups and serie A titles. What a player.

3 days of mourning announced in Argentina and rightly so. He will never be forgotten. ✌
The greatest ever, just logged in back to show my appreciation and respect.
Once there was a placard where it was written 'we do not give a damn what you did with your life, but we give a damn and love what you did with ours.' Thank you Diego, when I learnt his demise i was shocked, still can't believe. Tears came out from my eyes literally. My father is s huge fan, i can't convey this message to him. Lost so many legends this year, what a damn year. R.I.P. DIEGO ARMANDO MARADONA. 🙏🙏🙏

Yes as an 39 year old Englishman sitting here in my number 10 Maradona Argentina shirt.. I completely agree.. Anyone that follows Serie A and knows what he did for Napoli will understand why is revered as the greatest player to play the game. Not perfect by all means but the greatest never are. RIP
Fantastic

This is usually why shooting is bad and rigid in all recent PES games, especially in contrast to the other game. It is 50% limited trajectories and 50% supermen GKs.
tenor.gif

Mentioned in the retro topic, went back to 2012. Its much much much harder to create shooting chances and to score from them even with the likes of Ronaldo. And its not because keepers are that great but because shooting is effected by so many aspects most of the shots are scuffed, going over, going wide...and not to mention you have to create those shooting chances which is against more difficult, you think twice who you want to shoot with and which foot to use. And even then the keeper can make a save and thats a wow what the hell PES moment. New PES is vell balanced but it's coding in terms of gameplay comes off as a game created in the 80's, 90's very plain and rigid, same thing happens all the time. (Not to mention AI has way more attacking patterns and skilled players dribble at you succesfully, its all unpredictable). Thus new PES is boring and annoying as this is the year 2020 and an 9 years old game beats it by miles in gameplay. Probably online was more fun too.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Mentioned in the retro topic, went back to 2012. Its much much much harder to create shooting chances and to score from them even with the likes of Ronaldo. And its not because keepers are that great but because shooting is effected by so many aspects most of the shots are scuffed, going over, going wide...and not to mention you have to create those shooting chances which is against more difficult, you think twice who you want to shoot with and which foot to use. And even then the keeper can make a save and thats a wow what the hell PES moment. New PES is vell balanced but it's coding in terms of gameplay comes off as a game created in the 80's, 90's very plain and rigid, same thing happens all the time. (Not to mention AI has way more attacking patterns and skilled players dribble at you succesfully, its all unpredictable). Thus new PES is boring and annoying as this is the year 2020 and an 9 years old game beats it by miles in gameplay. Probably online was more fun too.

What I would give for 2012 being brought back with up-to-date graphics and 360 degree dribbling.

Don’t know if anyone has mentioned it but just want to raise one for Diego. 🍺... I’m too young to have seen him live or at his peak, but obviously I’ve seen enough highlights and stories to know what a god he was. I can only imagine something like a coked up prime Leo Messi, taking GBH every weekend (one obituary I read led me to his infamous game against Bilbao with a mass brawl) and still single handedly (no pun intended) winning world cups and serie A titles. What a player.

3 days of mourning announced in Argentina and rightly so. He will never be forgotten. ✌

Cocaine is nowerdays dope. So when Maradonna plays today he will be suspended.
Today the sport is much faster then back in the days of Maradonna. You cant compare Messi with Maradonna.

I think a Maradonna today won't be that good as Maradonna in his time. When you see the goal he makes against England, the dribble past six players, this shall not happen today in top competition.

konami has took the scripting in this game too far, and there is no difference between scripting and real life matchfixing as Konami financially benefits from rigging eFootball games.

Just curious, does anyone know how much some of the accuracy skill cards affect accuracy on top of player attributes? Im talking about skills like heading, chip shot control, long range drive and long range shooting, pin point crossing etc (I know some skill card like weighted and low lofted pass have affects that even high attribute doesn't replicate). But if your player is already elite, say 95+ rating in relevant player attribute (heading, jumping, lofted pass, finishing, kicking power, curl, etc), is the skill card for these giving that much of a boost?

Just curious, does anyone know how much some of the accuracy skill cards affect accuracy on top of player attributes? Im talking about skills like heading, chip shot control, long range drive and long range shooting, pin point crossing etc (I know some skill card like weighted and low lofted pass have affects that even high attribute doesn't replicate). But if your player is already elite, say 95+ rating in relevant player attribute (heading, jumping, lofted pass, finishing, kicking power, curl, etc), is the skill card for these giving that much of a boost?

Due to scripting and handicapping, I don’t know what is more meaningless in a PvP game: through pass player skill, pinpoint crossing player skill, gamesmanship player skill, having 99 in all Goalkeeper attributes, having 99 in both passing statistics(as passing is too automated & contextual), or having 99 offensive awareness.

And speaking of passes, whenever a regular triangle pass contextually lofts in the air, it means the pass is 100% scripted & it’ll be advantageous/disadvantageous for you/against you. It’ll always lead to something really positive or it’ll mean you will lose possession unfairly. Nothing in-between.

Are those issues from 2020, finally fixed in 2021?
(Both the No-Fouls and the false-collision fouls)
If not, are they at least any better?

Does anyone experience stuttering on tue Xbox Series? E.g. when you kick a long Ball, you can see it's ghost shadows. Players movement is also a little bit blurry. I have the Series S, playing on a Samsung 55MU7009 through a Denon AVR 250 BT, HDR is enabled. I tried to connect the Series S directly to the TV. Other games (BF1, Forza Horizon 4, Unravel) run well, but Long Dark was also stuttering when turning up an down. Anyone else with same issues?

I just can't keep forcing myself to like this game. Some things are great and definitely on the right track but I find myself making excuses for things I really shouldn't. Back to FIFA 16 until PES2022 comes out for the XBox Series X. Hopefully Konami will get their act together because 2021 isn't too far off being one of the best in the series but the things that annoy/frustrate me are just too much.

Last edited:
If you play league mode, do the younger players improve like they do in master league? Any ideas for a team to choose with lots of youngsters? Preferably 2nd Division..
Thanks

This is usually why shooting is bad and rigid in all recent PES games, especially in contrast to the other game. It is 50% limited trajectories and 50% supermen GKs.

I don't remember if it was Spoony or The Midnight Kid that have said that keepers are better this year and not in a unrealistic way. Well, I have to desagree with that. Superman saves are back this year. It's almost impossible to score from long rangers even on manual shooting. I'm not saying mid range shot with R2. Theres so many ways to beat the goalie in real life, laces shot, outside foot shot, dip above the goalie, bending the shot around the goalie, low shot bubbling in the low corner etc etc.

Shooting in this game rigid, repetitive and predictable this year indeed. It's like sports games in general are made by people that never actually play the game ever in their lives these days. I have tried NBA 2k recently. Dude, wtf they have done to that game?

(Yes I know that I already said that many times for many years.)

New patch out, not sure what it fixes.

I haven't played in a while due to family commitments but it felt slower and against Arsenal on TP as Liverpool i got 3 freekicks within the first 10 mins on the clock - only played for about 7 mins though so next game might be completely different

New patch out, not sure what it fixes.

I haven't played in a while due to family commitments but it felt slower and against Arsenal on TP as Liverpool i got 3 freekicks within the first 10 mins on the clock - only played for about 7 mins though so next game might be completely different
when i started the PS5 this morning to download the other games NG patch (wich wasnt available here in GER) i downloaded the PES update instead.
couldnt manage to play a match before work so all testing will be done tonight.

when i started the PS5 this morning to download the other games NG patch (wich wasnt available here in GER) i downloaded the PES update instead.
Fifa 21 next gen is released in ps5, I hear people are playing, hope you get the update soon. Right now the defense is atrocious no challenge from cpu a.i. If possible please check how pes 21 plays in ps5 and the graphics too. Thanks 😊

... i downloaded the PES update instead.

I see it has the dreaded " A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience. " message attached to it.

The game is so fragile in terms of how easily it can slip from being really enjoyable to utterly unbearable that I daren't download this. The DP2 patch is pretty good imo and brought significant improvements over the vanilla and release day patch versions, albeit with a caveat that you still have to overlook numerous glaring issues to be able to enjoy those elements of the gameplay that are really good. But I cannot go back to vanilla, which I found to be a mostly bad gaming experience.

I find it impossible to trust anyone's opinion anymore as it is such a highly personal thing and the game can vary so much from the sublime to the ridiculous, both from match to match and even within a single match. There is a very clear requirement to give users the ability to choose which patch they want to run, or at least the option to roll-back to previous version.

I see it has the dreaded " A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience. " message attached to it.

The game is so fragile in terms of how easily it can slip from being really enjoyable to utterly unbearable that I daren't download this. The DP2 patch is pretty good imo and brought significant improvements over the vanilla and release day patched versions, albeit with a large caveat that you still have to overlook numerous glaring issues to be able to enjoy those elements of the gameplay that are really good. But I cannot go back to vanilla, which I found to be a mostly bad gaming experience.

I find it impossible to trust anyone's opinion anymore as it is such a highly personal thing and the game can vary so much from the sublime to the ridiculous, both from match to match and even within a single match. There is a very clear requirement to give users the ability to choose which patch they want to run.
...and i was reading: "...to choose which patch they want to ruin the game!" :LOL:
not that far off the truth though... ;) i get you!

i left that downloading before work 53 gig

Back
Top Bottom