eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

For me who has PES19, PES21 is much more than normal upgrade, it's huge upgrade, different a game. I like it :) Game looks great max at 1440p on my gtx1660Ti. Gameplay is on other world compare to Fifa20.

This is why i have not bought it. Because even if they had tweaked the gameplay, its still the same game and comical to charge a single penny for it. i shall be voting with my wallet and skipping this gen

That's the reason it's £24.99 though.

Personally I'll pick up the digital version in the Xmas sales, it won't take long to drop in price.

i heard that the first version aint working flawlessly. do you know anything about this?! i dont need a super duper OF, but something to start with, a solid base!
Sorry pal, no idea, not even have PES2021. I assume retry to download the link? Guys possibly will upload fixed parts..

Are there already some opinions of PES21 PC version vs 2020 with IPM team gameplay patch (final)? Those little gameplay tweaks are still sth that this gameplay does not have?

I'm aware that @Holland and @SmichiW will inspect the new exe/dt18 etc, and @Holland already mentioned that some of the aspects like ball physic is something new compared to their gameplay patch, but maybe there are already some of u who can share your thoughts on this comparison?

I find if weird that there are people trying to ruin the fun for everyone else.

There are many that are enjoying it, maybe it's because of lower expectations, who knows, but many are indeed enjoying it.

I'm not going to buy it and i don't think few tweaks here and there are enough to buy the game, videos are not convincing me, yet i don't feel the need to have a dig at everyone else enjoying it. It's a bit of a dick move, to be honest.

There are many that are enjoying it, maybe it's because of lower expectations, who knows, but many are indeed enjoying it.

I'm not going to buy it and i don't think few tweaks here and there are enough to buy the game, videos are not convincing me, yet i don't feel the need to have a dig at everyone else enjoying it. It's a bit of a dick move, to be honest.

Yeah funny development really. It's fine to be sceptical.. I am. But it's fantastic for the people who can enjoy.
Actually that is the reason that when I'm actually buys PES these days I'm always make sure to stay away from places like this. There is so many things pointed out that will destroy the feeling.

Filippo-Inzaghi,

Perhaps this will clarify why we should also take the people who complain seriously. They are right in certain ways. To give an example: If we look at football under Manchester City's Guardiola purely objectively, we agree that it is fun to watch, good positional play, nicely designed attacks from which to score, technically well taken care of. The turning point, however, is that Guardiola allows his defenders/defending line to play too high in crucial games, when at charge at Bayern and now Man. City, causing the opposition countering them away; You never win the Champions league, despite your beautiful game. Is it wrong to point this out?

A bug or flaw in PES or in real football is a bug, no matter how good the game is ...

To quote myself (and yes I'm enjoying the game):

''I noticed that your defenders react slower to counter attacks from the opponent then they did in 2020. Seems that something with the marking is off (less tight on certain key positions on the field). They drop holes between the center back and the left back, but what's worse is that they are often slower when running back than the attacker that is running with the ball. Even when you try to select the right defender your often to late to close the gaps or try to catch up the running player. In addition, you will encounter many players with all the assist options at the maximum level, so that you get ping pong counters against you that cannot / hardly be defended. It yielded an absurd number of goals against, which I never got to deal with in that way in 2020. Not complaining, they where all decent/good players, but I just noticed it pretty quickly. Are there more players here who have noticed this? Tonight I'm going to work on my line-up and tactics to see if it improves a thing or two''.

Those are gamechanging moments, you need to point those things out for everyone (and PES development team) because It can be gamebreaking while still having fun.

Last edited:
So i dont get it? Again the first patch messed up the AI? It doesnt drilbble at me on PC at all. Or is it only the PS4 version that does that? :LMAO:
All the strikers just turn and shoot whenever they get the ball.

@Chris Davies left a comment yesterday I guess (can’t find it anymore) that described it well and I have to agree on!
My expectations are the same as Chris,s! I want more. Much more from a football game in 2020. But I can overlook some flaws he just can’t. All good.
for some its a dealbreaker, for some its not. and trust me, some of the flaws drive me mad sometimes... ;)

It’s still fair to point out good and bad. And necessary! How we do it, how often we do it... that might be a problem.

but i think, in the end it’s “better” to name the good stuff that comes up (in new ways all the time) more often than we repeat the same flaws over and over again. They are in. We know.

same time "i knew" some of those flaws woundt be fixed as its in the core of the game (old engine carrying over from the past). i was and am still sure that with 2022 we will loose some shackles that were holding down the evolution of the game. think positive here for PES2022! :D

Last edited:
Hi
Been away a while and just seen 2021 is just an update? What happened if you didn't buy PES20? Do you just buy 2021 or do you have to buy 2020 first?
Thanks

Filippo-Inzaghi,

Perhaps this will clarify why we should also take the people who complain seriously. They are right in certain ways. To give an example: If we look at football under Manchester City's Guardiola purely objectively, we agree that it is fun to watch, good positional play, nicely designed attacks from which to score, technically well taken care of. The turning point, however, is that Guardiola allows his defenders/defending line to play too high in crucial games, when at charge at Bayern and now Man. City, causing the opposition countering them away; You never win the Champions league, despite your beautiful game. Is it wrong to point this out?

A bug or flaw in PES or in real football is a bug, no matter how good the game is ...

To quote myself (and yes I'm enjoying the game):

''I noticed that your defenders react slower to counter attacks from the opponent then they did in 2020. Seems that something with the marking is off (less tight on certain key positions on the field). They drop holes between the center back and the left back, but what's worse is that they are often slower when running back than the attacker that is running with the ball. Even when you try to select the right defender your often to late to close the gaps or try to catch up the running player. In addition, you will encounter many players with all the assist options at the maximum level, so that you get ping pong counters against you that cannot / hardly be defended. It yielded an absurd number of goals against, which I never got to deal with in that way in 2020. Not complaining, they where all decent/good players, but I just noticed it pretty quickly. Are there more players here who have noticed this? Tonight I'm going to work on my line-up and tactics to see if it improves a thing or two''.

Those are gamechanging moments, you need to point those things out for everyone (and PES development team) because It can be gamebreaking while still having fun.

It's very important. But i am only saying that for me enjoying a game - as it is in the end.. A game. Then it won't help me reading different negative point outs all the time.

Therefore i'm often using Evo-Web before buying, for getting a realistic feeling of what people are seeing, feeling etc. Then i can make a decision to buy or not. After that i don't like to be in a position where i keep on seeing things in here i don't like. That shouldn't be why i quit the game. It should come from myself.

Maybe it's a individual thing, but for me it's something that changes my experience with a game. But it doesn't change that i like reflected thoughts - both positive and negative.

$22 at cdkey. Downloading now. I hope I will like it!

Edit: Anyone who thinks there are no noticeable differences from this 2021 to 2020 should consult a doctor ASAP.

Edit 2:
Pros:
Keeper new animations, nicer, and less super human saves
Play animations in general are smoother and more life like than 2020
Ball physics are tighter and more realistic
CPU players (top player) make more mistakes than 2020, both in passing and in tactics
FOULS are finally called reasonably, in my first game I had 3 fouls against me and 12 against CPU (Roma vs Arsenal)
Shooting is more varied
Headers are now more effective
Reaction and response is superior to 2020

Cons:
Spent $22 (barely gets a half decent dinner for 1 person)

People can not understand that it is an update for 2020 and ask hell no why is this the exact same game? lol

Enjoying the thing so far!
I got it for 17 on the same website lol

So I started playing Online Divisions on PA0/Adv shooting (so sue med FUMA- players…;) )/Adv through balls and I gotta say it's really good. Paired with other PA0- players of course.

There is still problems with players not reacting to their surroundings etc but due to improved responsiveness and Right stick dribbling being a tad bit better the overall experience is a step up from PES 2020.

It's not perfect by any means and frustrating as hell from time to time but if you're looking for some sort of enjoyment Online this is the way to go.
I played online and most the bs issues are still there
Only positive was I was able to dribble with players like bernado Silva, messi sterling, salah etc

MY DAY 0 IMPRESSIONS:

PES2021 is a better game in several objective and subjective ways. Did they fix everything wrong with PES 2020? LOL NO.

WHAT'S BETTER:

So what did they fix?
  • Keeper exits are a lot smarter, less reckless and more effective. Keepers are generally better shot stoppers.
  • Manual Finesse shots are now doable. Haven't scored but it's Day 0.
  • The pace of play is a lot more measured and steady.
  • Players do a better job avoiding sliding tackles, even if the ball clips the player, making for less interruptions
  • Free Kicks are slightly more challenging. I scored two on Day 0 but should have scored 5 at least.
  • The game is more responsive, even more so on full manual.
WHAT'S DIFFERENT (not better or worse):
  • The ball feels a lot weightier.
  • First touch is a lot heavier, done with less control
  • It's a lot easier to strip the ball off a player now, this works both ways making for less hold up play and a more exciting play.
WHAT'S STILL BROKEN:
  • The referee is still broken. Clear collisions that have nothing to do with the ball go unnoticed. I got to the ball first, the defender kicked me instead of the ball, unnoticed. Crap like that.
  • The players will still abruptly stop or change their direction once a pass is made into their running path, ruining the play.
WHAT'S WORSE:
  • Penalties. The referee will purposefully NOT award a foul when it's in the box. I'm talking about the elbow in the face which is an automatic yellow card in PES. If it happens in the box, there is code in place that makes the referee NOT call it. This was fixed in Datapack 6.0 last year, then reversed in Datapack 8.0.
Working on a video this weekend!
Yes!!
Reading your comment ain’t as relaxing as listening to your voice! Can’t wait! :TU:

So i dont get it? Again the first patch messed up the AI? It doesnt drilbble at me on PC at all. Or is it only the PS4 version that does that? :LMAO:
All the strikers just turn and shoot whenever they get the ball.
Yeah, I haven‘t had the chance to play the PC 21 edition before Day 1 Patch was released so can‘t say if it ruined the game or not. However, I watched a couple of videos (prior to my purchase) and most of the guys stated the gameplay slightly improved (e.g. responsiveness, finesse dribbling more fluid etc.) which I didn‘t expect as Konami announced the gameplay will be 99,9% the same. In the end I was motivated to get me the latest version even though I wanted to stay with 2020 and wait for the 2022 version before that. What can I say? I personally can‘t confirm any kind of ‚significant‘ improvement in gameplay after 8-10 games on superstar and/or top player. The only thing I noticed that the passing is a bit more inaccurate as before but this may just my observation. With that being said, I‘m not disappointed or so as I didn‘t expect anything right from the beginning but hoped to confirm the minor changes reported earlier by some YT‘ers...:(.

Anyone with the same experience?

Yeah funny development really. It's fine to be sceptical.. I am. But it's fantastic for the people who can enjoy.
Actually that is the reason that when I'm actually buys PES these days I'm always make sure to stay away from places like this. There is so many things pointed out that will destroy the feeling.

Well I kinda agree, but to me the truth stays in between. I think it's important to respect the ones who enjoy the game but at the same time it's also important to be honest in what doesn't work since many people comes here searching for reasons to buy the game or not to buy it.

I spent 25 quid on it and feel I’m entitled to giving my feedback even if it is negative.

the game Isn’t far better than PES 2020 from a gameplay standpoint at all. Anyone saying this is either experiencing the ‘new game placebo buzz effect’ or they’re simply trying to convince others to buy it which is quite simply - weird.

im going to play a lot of master league today and come back with my thoughts because that’s the mode most here at Evo web buy PES for I guess.

I spent 25 quid on it and feel I’m entitled to giving my feedback even if it is negative.

the game Isn’t far better than PES 2020 from a gameplay standpoint at all. Anyone saying this is either experiencing the ‘new game placebo buzz effect’ or they’re simply trying to convince others to buy it which is quite simply - weird.

im going to play a lot of master league today and come back with my thoughts because that’s the mode most here at Evo web buy PES for I guess.

I am very interested in your experience with the game and Master League.

Also, 3:06... When KONAMI realizes ('cause they probably don't even know) that you can do that with Messi (finesse dribble in the opponent's box), they will patch the game to somehow prevent it, once they realize all of it's online (cancerous) community is playing with Barça, and will hear some of the community's (mostly the people that complain about everyone playing with Barça) outcries.

I mean, the company never improves the game, period. They tweak it based on their most potential (fans of myclub and online BS) customers opinions and complaints.

The best way to prevent this would be either or both:

A) Charge extra money for the online portion of the game, pretty much like companies charge for DLC packs. This would be valid for every game out there that has a single-player, and a multi-player portion, by the way. Sure, it would raise some controversy... But I guess it would benefit in the long run.

B) Make online play to be mandatorily full manual (advanced shooting at least, and full manual passing). That way, player stats ratings wouldn't play a major factor, and the game would be based on skill only (sure, player speed would still make a difference, but not like single-player...)

The way they do it today, is the total opposite of B). You gotta totally switch to full manual for the single-player portion not to feel robotic as hell, while the multiplayer portion of the game gets all the attention from the devs.

This initial "frenzy" is nothing new. It happened the exact same way with PES 19 and PES 20. Both demos and first releases played in a somehow satisfactory/enjoyable way, until KONAMI started dishing out its awful updates.

Still incredibly hard for me to see what i'm getting.. PES 20 demo level? Then it's actually good.

Desperate times as FIFA looks like a good package but without gameplay that can make you happy. PES seems to have moments for some in here.

I don't own FIFA 19 or PES 2020
I would say the AI is better than 2020 demo as are your player movements. Also seems more pas and shot error/variation for both player and AI

Back
Top Bottom