eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I would say the AI is better than 2020 demo as are your player movements. Also seems more pas and shot error/variation for both player and AI
I was watching @Isslander stream last night, playing as Iceland in the Euros, and it did look like the AI was a little more interested in trying new things.

Until he played Russia and Portugal (i.e. teams rated much more highly than his). Then, they just needed 2-3 passes to get to the box. Passing forward in straight lines, CB to CM, CM to CF, with zero resistance.

It's like the AI "fakes" having to build up the play with worse teams - but when ratings dictate that you need to lose, it's like you're not even there. You could see (and funnily enough, Isslander said it out loud as I was thinking it) when the AI is about to score - the speed of their play goes up and suddenly they don't even need to take a touch any more, every pass is a perfect first-time pass and your defenders give a wide berth to the opposition players.

Saying that, he was playing on Superstar - so maybe Top Player doesn't resort to that bullshit... Anyone with the game, what do you play on?

Alright, Konami. I know you said it was the same game. I am not here to complain about that. But would it kill you to have some penalties in this game? As in, call a foul in the box? I am sure, and I am being completely serious now, that I could fix that stupid ass bollocks garbage in five minutes if you gave me the code for the game. Because I would only have to call up the search function, and find the line that specifically states that penalties should only be called on the AI for straight up literal murders. Are you reading this Konami? If it is too hard, watch this video:

FIX THIS TRAVESTY

I was watching @Isslander stream last night, playing as Iceland in the Euros, and it did look like the AI was a little more interested in trying new things.

Until he played Russia and Portugal (i.e. teams rated much more highly than his). Then, they just needed 2-3 passes to get to the box. Passing forward in straight lines, CB to CM, CM to CF, with zero resistance.

It's like the AI "fakes" having to build up the play with worse teams - but when ratings dictate that you need to lose, it's like you're not even there. You could see (and funnily enough, Isslander said it out loud as I was thinking it) when the AI is about to score - the speed of their play goes up and suddenly they don't even need to take a touch any more, every pass is a perfect first-time pass and your defenders give a wide berth to the opposition players.

Saying that, he was playing on Superstar - so maybe Top Player doesn't resort to that bullshit... Anyone with the game, what do you play on?

I am pretty sure I played on Top Player last night. Thank you for all the input on the chat, it was fun to see.

But seriously, who do I write to about this penalty thing. The Prime Minister of Japan?

Hey @Isslander i had a quick view last night as well. :TU:

One thought: when we say “fix this and that Konami” aren’t we a little late?! Old engine and code ain’t gonna get fixed because all horses are on UE for 2022 now.

So in my head, they start totally fresh! Nothing to be fixed yet! And i sure can think of them screwing something up for the first version but still... I have high hopes for a totally new PES. :)

Hey @Isslander i had a quick view last night as well. :TU:

One thought: when we say “fix this and that Konami” aren’t we a little late?! Old engine and code ain’t gonna get fixed because all horses are on UE for 2022 now.

So in my head, they start totally fresh! Nothing to be fixed yet! And i sure can think of them screwing something up for the first version but still... I have high hopes for a totally new PES. :)

It's just so easy to fix! Just have the same thing apply in the box as the rest of the pitch! There! Done! That push would have been called every time mid-pitch.

I won that game 3-1 but Holy Mother of Jezebel. It's just so dumb! I can't get over it!

It's just so easy to fix! Just have the same thing apply in the box as the rest of the pitch! There! Done! That push would have been called every time mid-pitch.

This is one of my biggest bug bears, why isn't it consistent?? I'm hoping the change of engine will mean the physics and reactions are much improved.

I won that game 3-1 but Holy Mother of Jezebel. It's just so dumb! I can't get over it!
i know mate, i know. i would not put a dime on them fixing this with patches! this bad stuff is in the game for so long now...
and trust me, i had those 100% foul situations too. ^^ sad it is!

Guys, does anyone else have a problem with Club edition?
I got Manchester united, but i did not get lineup, also no Messi or any of those preorder bonuses, only, UTD kit and theme + coins.

:LOL:
You see, if you play the game before breakfast - there is no changes.
Changes can be seen between 10:40 and 12:15, then there is no changes till 7pm. After that its Fluid as a Bird.

Honestly - i have to say Thank you all for keeping me entertained during nightshift. Last few pages were epic! :LOL:

So which year of 3 year cycle are we in now? Or did it change into a circle now? :LOL:

"Fluid as a bird" 🤣

Love it.

Superstar full manual at the moment with occasional adv shooting .. there's definitely more shot error even on superstar , I've seen two scuff shots with hardly no power and a few wide and ballooned over and wide .. there's more miss placed passes or seems to be and for user as an example I tried to square it but was facing the wrong way and the pass was miles short , I assume to body position. For me personally I was going back to 19 a lot for the AI but this seems as good, just wished it looked as good

Don't bother with PES 2021 if you can option file PES 2020, but if you're coming in fresh, PES 2021 is a decent shout at a decent price.
several other users said the same and i do agree!

anyway... updated roosters may be worth spending the money for some. maybe someone is willing to pay for the small gameplay adjustments made...

for me personally it is the rosters and the gameplay adjustments plus hope for an option file! :D but i am not the norm i guess! :LOL:

Last edited:

I agree the cpu ai has been a little more creative at times in the exhibitions I've played so far. I'm on manual and the cpu on Professional seems a bit tougher than 2020, but not sure if that's just me.

I agree the cpu ai has been a little more creative at times in the exhibitions I've played so far. I'm on manual and the cpu on Professional seems a bit tougher than 2020, but not sure if that's just me.
i got slaughtered by ManUnited last night (can i say it!?) 0:7! :COAT:
i felt this too, you are not alone. the AI seems a bit stronger (and creative (i always play professional)). even schalke did manage to score one against me! ;)
edit: only played exhibiton matches!

Last edited:
several other users said the same and i do agree!

anyway... updated roosters may be worth spending the money for some. maybe someone is willing to pay for the small gameplay adjustments made...

for me personally it is the roosters and the gameplay adjustments plus hope for an option file! :D but i am not the norm i guess! :LOL:

Mate, Where are these roosters you speak of? Can we use them instead of dog heads this year?!

tenor.gif

So first of all - i dont think that "anyone is here to ruin others fun".
Altho it might look like this here and there and I do think we could try to be more...gentle.

However - No matter how you enjoy it - try to refrain from statements like
- the game is perfect
- the king is back
- this is what we have been waiting for since ps2 days
- dream land
- Salma Hayek on the pitch

This is what triggers responses from "less happy" people and it makes opinion of "more happy people" less credible.
Simple as that.

We all know that issues are there and there is still a lot of work they need to do for Pes22.
Nonetheless - Pes20 with few changes to make it playable is, honestly, more than we could hope for, so there is that, and its great to see that some people believe that Konami achieved it.

Little advice for all those on the fence.
Take a deep breath, walk away, play something else for a while. Come back here at the end of October - see if the game is still the same after October patch, see if people are still reasonably happy. By that time game will probably be 50% off, which will be around 10quid. Even if you play half a ML season - you'll defo get your money back. And it will save you being pissed off at yourself if you think the game is still shite. Thats what i'll do.

Just a quick question for online seasons players; I noticed that your defenders react slower to counter attacks from the opponent then they did in 2020. Seems that something with the marking is off (less tight on certain key positions on the field). They drop holes between the center back and the left back, but what's worse is that they are often slower when running back than the attacker that is running with the ball. Even when you try to select the right defender your often to late to close the gaps or try to catch up the running player. In addition, you will encounter many players with all the assist options at the maximum level, so that you get ping pong counters against you that cannot / hardly be defended. It yielded an absurd number of goals against, which I never got to deal with in that way in 2020. Not complaining, they where all decent/good players, but I just noticed it pretty quickly. Are there more players here who have noticed this? Tonight I'm going to work on my line-up and tactics to see if it improves a thing or two.
It's online scripting. And it's BS. One game you win 5 nil next you lose 5 nil. No consistency in results like would be if it went on a user's talent alone

to the people who are upset at others trying to "ruin their fun" with the game, just remember, it's not just about a video game that isn't fun for some.
I think there's more to it than that, it's about a company that is more than capable of producing an exciting, innovative football game, but that seem to be more concerned with catering to milking the online mircotransaction market.
A lot of frustration with how we're just consumers to be exploited as opposed to fans of a game that the devs want to excite is in these comments, it really isn't about trying to make people who are having fun feel bad.

Just played an hour of this new Pes2021 SU on PC.

First with cons (-) :

After some time in free training mode, its clear r2 finesse on full manual shooting didnt get a fix (still broken im afraid) :

But im happy to report im at least seeing more variety (particularly with shot error) in full manual shooting mode - so im gonna stick with FUMA.

Another con is the fact that skill training mode still doesnt allow you to change camera views. Similarly i cannot believe you still cant watch replays in your ingame camera view. I was kinda optimistic that simple fixes like these could/would get the fix for this season update.

+
Biggest n most noticeable changes (positive) would be player response on ball including player switching while defending. With an obvious increase to response, surprisingly konami managed to slow game down. Response increases generally increase speed of game... Not with this game though. Also the weightiness of players n ball is better.. Reminds me of demo.

Went back to try modded Pes2020 on pc (no gameplay mods.. Just latest dp) , n it feels so sluggish in comparison.

So... Absolutely cannot wait for juce's sider to work on Pes2021 and unlock the modding power of this great community. Im already missing the tight kits, Hawke's balls, Endo's turf, Nesa's camera angle mod, not to mention the amazing variety of top notch stadiums that were created for pes 2020.

I'll tell you whats definitely improved.
No one mentioned it, but I can see it without even playing it. And I think everyone will agree.
The replay flashy logo thingy!
This purple yoke last year was diabolical! :LOL:
Agreed. Even with that dreaded "e" it looks much better. Is it worth buying the update for though?
You know what, it actually might be. That purple thing was an abomination.

I'll tell you whats definitely improved.
No one mentioned it, but I can see it without even playing it. And I think everyone will agree.
The replay flashy logo thingy!
This purple yoke last year was diabolical! :LOL:
I'm pumped up Marty!
Which club edition will you get mate?
Let me know (like on ICQ)

Back
Top Bottom