eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

From the way Konami is managing PES, I have the slight impression that PES 2022 will only have aesthetic changes, just like Fifa when It changes to Frostbite Engine. There will be no changes to the Master League, stats representation or CPU AI.

Konami is kind of following the same track of EA. Its about cutting costs at the maximum and delivering what the majority wants. My Club players, loot boxes and all the kind of online shia..

Hi guys, long time lurker here. Trying to convince myself to buy the season update on xbox one.

I edited kits and tactics on 2020, can this option file be carried on to 2021 or will I have to start again with editing. It sucks being an xbox pes player

If I can do this it may tip me over the edge to buying it. Would be the first pes I didnt buy since pes 2010 tbf 😅

Hi guys, long time lurker here. Trying to convince myself to buy the season update on xbox one.

I edited kits and tactics on 2020, can this option file be carried on to 2021 or will I have to start again with editing. It sucks being an xbox pes player

If I can do this it may tip me over the edge to buying it. Would be the first pes I didnt buy since pes 2010 tbf 😅

no I’m afraid not 😫. I had to do everything again too.
Sucks is an understatement

no I’m afraid not 😫. I had to do everything again too.
Sucks is an understatement

Ah man that's a nightmare. I'll probably hold on for a bit then and see what the other game offers. Its a shame because it sounds like the update has sorted some of my biggest gripes with it too

Ah man that's a nightmare. I'll probably hold on for a bit then and see what the other game offers. Its a shame because it sounds like the update has sorted some of my biggest gripes with it too

I know mate. Such a drag
I was holding off for the same reason but then a Konami Jesus showed up on the forums about a week before release and he was hard to ignore. He said he had seen the light. That the future could be that which you make of it not what the gods of scripture have laid out. That manual prayers had been answered.
And for 22 quid I thought

fudge it 🤷‍♂️

Guys, what difficulty are you playing on? I'm playing TP but may notch it up to SS as its far too easy even away to the big guns.

I know mate. Such a drag
I was holding off for the same reason but then a Konami Jesus showed up on the forums about a week before release and he was hard to ignore. He said he had seen the light. That the future could be that which you make of it not what the gods of scripture have laid out. That manual prayers had been answered.

fudge it 🤷‍♂️
Luckily konami-Jesus is banned now!

I know mate. Such a drag

fudge it 🤷‍♂️
Hahahaha Konami Jesus was very hard to ignore tbf. I almost got sucked in.

I wouldnt mind chucking 20 quid at it but I dont then want to chuck another 50 at another football game in a couple of weeks. Most years I end up with both, but with pes just being a slight update I'm not sure I can justify it. I'm reading the forum daily looking for an excuse to just download it though 😄

Reactions: Tom
He is a video of the AI superstar mode , all adv tactics are off , tactics set in simple mode to possession but then I have moved the players around to match the real formations found on another website

The usual bs at the end with the free kick lol.

Game looked good though!

You enjoying?
Lol that was bullshit but that's superstar and to be fair first time since release I've conceded a late goal like that ...I personally think it's great out of the box and better setting up a few tactics , about an hour's investment in time for prem league tactics editing. ..looking forward to playing it silently on the ps5 though ..my pro sounds like it's going to take off before kick off ☺️

Pardon my words...I feel this one is stupid, really stupid changes from konami. In PES 2017 you can just press 🔺 + Left Stick, and it's much easier to control the GK. Now, eventhough i press R3+L1, I barely save any freekicks from AI, not to mention its overpowered + High level precission AI freekicks. The funny thing is, saving AI penalty is much more easier than freekick ! :BLINK:

I wish i could met the person who changed this settings so i could punch him in the face.

Pardon my words...I feel this one is stupid, really stupid changes from konami. In PES 2017 you can just press 🔺 + Left Stick, and it's much easier to control the GK. Now, eventhough i press R3+L1, I barely save any freekicks from AI, not to mention its overpowered + High level precission AI freekicks. The funny thing is, saving AI penalty is much more easier than freekick ! :BLINK:

I wish i could met the person who changed this settings so i could punch him in the face.
Pardon me dude, i do not design the control mappings!! :P :P
In more serious news, the GK AI in freekicks is nerfer a lot since 2017, it is more "manual" now. IIRC pre2017 you had just to press :triangle: and your GK was moving automatically somewhere, towards the wall either towards the ball. Now you have to place him like a pawn.

One possible problem for me, and i lost a Club World Cup final due to this in PES2020, is when the CPU has a free kick in a spot that your GK is outside the camera view. I lost that final 0-1, due to a freekick from 35+m, where i tried to position my GK , based on the radar!!

Pardon me dude, i do not design the control mappings!! :P :P
In more serious news, the GK AI in freekicks is nerfer a lot since 2017, it is more "manual" now. IIRC pre2017 you had just to press :triangle: and your GK was moving automatically somewhere, towards the wall either towards the ball. Now you have to place him like a pawn.

One possible problem for me, and i lost a Club World Cup final due to this in PES2020, is when the CPU has a free kick in a spot that your GK is outside the camera view. I lost that final 0-1, due to a freekick from 35+m, where i tried to position my GK , based on the radar!!
the other thing is moving too early ive seen the AI switch tothe other side when i tried to anticipate too soon

Lol that was bullshit but that's superstar and to be fair first time since release I've conceded a late goal like that ...I personally think it's great out of the box and better setting up a few tactics , about an hour's investment in time for prem league tactics editing. ..looking forward to playing it silently on the ps5 though ..my pro sounds like it's going to take off before kick off ☺

Nice man, do you just follow real life team formations?

the other thing is moving too early ive seen the AI switch tothe other side when i tried to anticipate too soon
Noticed it too (at least in PES 2020) . And they do it so obvious and so shamelessly, with a "Juninho Pernambucano" convinience, that i tend to move GK just as close to the center as possible.

I read comments about people conceding goals on FKs against ai but i rarely do.
What i do is select a player from the wall and time the jump to the same moment the ball is kicked. It blocks probably 19 out of 20 fks receive whether against ai or online.

Usually if i get scored on fks because i was distracted or because they make a freak shot to the keepers post or under the wall.. but either is very rare.

Well nudged the difficulty up to SS. Althletico are a beast with Suarez and Costa absolutely smashed me 4 0 whilst I was Madrid. Good challenege tho.

I read comments about people conceding goals on FKs against ai but i rarely do.
What i do is select a player from the wall and time the jump to the same moment the ball is kicked. It blocks probably 19 out of 20 fks receive whether against ai or online.

Usually if i get scored on fks because i was distracted or because they make a freak shot to the keepers post or under the wall.. but either is very rare.
Against AI, just select the GK and leave a side completely open. Then, when the player is running to hit the ball, go to the open side to make a easy save.
This method you mentioned works well online when your opponent only uses sidespin. If you use the bottom diagonal, the ball goes slower but higher and with more spin. It's more difficult to block.

Against AI, just select the GK and leave a side completely open. Then, when the player is running to hit the ball, go to the open side to make a easy save.
This method you mentioned works well online when your opponent only uses sidespin. If you use the bottom diagonal, the ball goes slower but higher and with more spin. It's more difficult to block.

finally someone said it 🙄👍

Back
Top Bottom