eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I read comments about people conceding goals on FKs against ai but i rarely do.
What i do is select a player from the wall and time the jump to the same moment the ball is kicked. It blocks probably 19 out of 20 fks receive whether against ai or online.

Usually if i get scored on fks because i was distracted or because they make a freak shot to the keepers post or under the wall.. but either is very rare.

Same honestly. Most times they'd just smash it into the wall.

It's easy to defend free kicks. Just hit circle (or is it square? whatever button makes your wall jump) as soon as the CPU player's foot connects with ball, a split second before he strikes it. You wall will jump and 99% of the time and block the shot.

It's easy to defend free kicks. Just hit circle (or is it square? whatever button makes your wall jump) as soon as the CPU player's foot connects with ball, a split second before he strikes it. You wall will jump and 99% of the time and block the shot.
Im aware of that but I’m trying to find other ways to defend free kicks. but that’s just my nature... I want to know more.

have you guys scrored a free kick underneath the wall in 2021?

currently I’m working on my daisy cutters. Just lovely it’s in, and they can look so pretty! :LOVE:

So you move him and let go again...?

Inspired by the community, I had some awesome manual saves with a goal keeper! it’s a broken system though!,

Yep, I just position him and let go and then concentrate on making the wall jump. I still concede some, Specially those “scripted” ones where Cpu has to score, but not as much as I used to.

Finally took the plunge and bought the game today and I have to say although it still has a few ai issues from pes20, the subtle gameplay changes definitely are an improvement this year. Ai feel more creative, dribbling in the box is increasing the likelihood of penalties being awarded and ai looks a little more aggressive. I just hope they improve on this and don’t revert to the dull gameplay that plagued Pes 20 at the end of it’s life cycle.

Finally took the plunge and bought the game today and I have to say although it still has a few ai issues from pes20, the subtle gameplay changes definitely are an improvement this year. Ai feel more creative, dribbling in the box is increasing the likelihood of penalties being awarded and ai looks a little more aggressive. I just hope they improve on this and don’t revert to the dull gameplay that plagued Pes 20 at the end of it’s life cycle.
If you play ML on superstar forget penalties. Yesterday I had that “elbow on the face” foul inside the box. Ususally that leeds to a yellow card 100% of the times, but inside the box it was simply ignored. Don’t know about other dificulties but on SS I’m pretty sure that penalties are coded to be ignored, unless it’s against CPU. Another theory is that TS also has some influence. This game behaves like an RPG and some things feel almost like they’re locked until you reach certain conditions on you career mode and team
Chemistry.

If you play ML on superstar forget penalties. Yesterday I had that “elbow on the face” foul inside the box. Ususally that leeds to a yellow card 100% of the times, but inside the box it was simply ignored. Don’t know about other dificulties but on SS I’m pretty sure that penalties are coded to be ignored, unless it’s against CPU. Another theory is that TS also has some influence. This game behaves like an RPG and some things feel almost like they’re locked until you reach certain conditions on you career mode and team
Chemistry.
I’m still seeing the odd clear penalty not being give but in the first 10 games I spectated (cpu v cpu) i’ve seen 3 pens awarded, granted these weren’t in ML but we’re on high difficulty settings.

Last edited:
I’m still seeing the odd clear penalty not being give but in the first 10 games I spectated (cpu v cpu) i’ve seen 3 pens awarded, granted these weren’t in ML but we’re on high difficulty settings.
ML blurs everything that is good and fair in exhibition/league mode out.
Can't really compare those modes Vs ML.
I played exactly the same team in ML and League mode on Pes 19,everything that felt good and fluid disappeared when playing ML.

Yes and I get penalties for the Cpu as well, with no hesitation from tue referees. But a penalty for my team is something that never seems to happen. There’s a huge misconception from the developers, who think that the best way to make a game harder, is to punish your team for nothing, and benefict the cpu for everything.
The fact that ML is another world is simply wrong, and the derby matches are an abomination, where the cpu always plays better than you no matter how strong your team is or how much better has grown throughout the last seasons. Dificulty levels together with Team Spirit destroy the best of this game, and Konami blindly keeps doing the same mistake, wasting a chance to have the best football game year after year. The fact that Exhibition is a prefered mode than anything else by the community is a big proof, and why Konami keeps the ML mode untouched on that regard is out of my understanding. It’s like assuming “Yeah we could be way better with some easy fixes, but meh, we just don’t care”.

The PES 2021 release window positive buzz has definitely disappeared from here it seems. PES 2020 felt great at first (to me) but quickly got very boring, PES 2021 is no different. It's not just the bland AI, it's the lack of content and depth within Master League. There's nothing to do. Playing the same exhibition matches over and over with friends was great when I was young and in Uni. But times have changed and Konami haven't evolved with the times.

I honestly don't think football gaming has been in a worse state than it currently is for the single player. We usually had a good FIFA to keep us going, or when FIFA was crap we'd have a good PES to keep us going. Now we have neither.

The PES 2021 release window positive buzz has definitely disappeared from here it seems. PES 2020 felt great at first (to me) but quickly got very boring, PES 2021 is no different. It's not just the bland AI, it's the lack of content and depth within Master League. There's nothing to do. Playing the same exhibition matches over and over with friends was great when I was young and in Uni. But times have changed and Konami haven't evolved with the times.

I honestly don't think football gaming has been in a worse state than it currently is for the single player. We usually had a good FIFA to keep us going, or when FIFA was crap we'd have a good PES to keep us going. Now we have neither.
I don't write about it everyday but I'm still loving my Liverpool league , fuma now it's clicked a bit

Yeah I'm having great fun in my Milan ML with my brother tbh. Had some thrashings from Fiorentina and Torino but they were well deserved. Well I felt Pandev was OP but once in every 15 games is alright.

Yesterday I had that “elbow on the face” foul inside the box. Ususally that leeds to a yellow card 100% of the times, but inside the box it was simply ignored.
This also happens on PC, and I also believe that the ref is a little biased at times (see below):
On the other hand, all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others apparently: I got a penalty against because Marquinhos stumbled into Golovin while I was controlling Ander Herrera, yet I didn't get awarded anything when Cavani got elbowed in the face exactly in the middle of the box with the ref watching.

pardon my french, but the sheer stupidity of the average pes player is just unbelievable. so i'm playing online quick match with Vejle BK (2* team from denmark) against Juventus. you might think the other guy may try to play some football with a 5* team against vejle, but it doesn't matter. he just mindlessly spams long balls forward from every position and even uses the kick-off bug.

sometimes i think all those players are just robots because pretty much everybody does the same thing all the time. how can this be fun?

anyways, it feels good to beat such a clown with manual passes! :))

pardon my french, but the sheer stupidity of the average pes player is just unbelievable. so i'm playing online quick match with Vejle BK (2* team from denmark) against Juventus. you might think the other guy may try to play some football with a 5* team against vejle, but it doesn't matter. he just mindlessly spams long balls forward from every position and even uses the kick-off bug.

sometimes i think all those players are just robots because pretty much everybody does the same thing all the time. how can this be fun?

My thoughts exactly. The only explanation I have is that the average age of the online player is about 9-12 years old. (Judging by the messages I receive after I’ve made his rumminegge salah and van basten trio chase 5 defenders for 3 solid minutes- brings me an unprecedented amount of joy

shame? Zero.)

Either that or we’re talking about a serious and unfortunately large proportion of the player base being proper morons. With kebab juices running down their fingers as they spam salah down the wing, hoping for a “cut-back-tap-in”
(Which I cant say or write without hearing that odd Scottish/Italian/PESEP voice)
the way people play pes now Online absolutely Pings/stinks/reeks Of FIFA.
I remember going to a buddies once and I was like

“..not really mate I prefer to play pes, I just think it’s more realistic and feels more like football to me, the pace of the game you know? The weight of it... but Sure, I’ll give you a game.You mind if u change the buttons? Yh square for shoot please, sweet...”

He literally(and I only use that word properly) just ran down the wing for 90 mins whenever he had the ball
😃👍

We were about 23 at the time.

kicked him out of the band. Never saw him again.

May I just add that I only play that way after my opponent has shown himself to be a complete dosser or a dwad. Which takes on average about 3 and a half seconds.

U guys get this ? I get disconnected but my internet is fine. It’s just the game kicking me out and I get a loss. Usually happens when I’m winning so it’s very annoying

Attachments

• 19684649-224F-4411-A7A6-84899F2B2FC3.jpeg
    19684649-224F-4411-A7A6-84899F2B2FC3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:

What camera settings do you use?

Back
Top Bottom