eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I wonder if they'll still charge for it like a paid DLC... And what about the leagues they have licenses for, some of those might run out? Will they just be removed then?

Either way, I hope it'll give them the time they need to bring in a new engine, and hopefully to also completely revamp the tactics system:PRAY:

That isn't but the Australian link is.
That does not mean anything! I talk about Twit, where looks like an official PES Twitter account in the first look but its not. Konami has not given any information about PS 2021 anyway. Of course, PES 2021 will use the old engine and maybe will be just PES 2020 with some update, every year its the same game with some update. Just they will never title they NEW or NEXT game like season update and to ask you 60 euros. Well, they can if they want it, but nobody will buy a new game then. And again any news out of Konami's official page or twitter is fake news for me.

This could even be good news for us.
As @MishkiN said, some of us have been asking them to do away with the yearly cycle and to concentrate on a more relaxed schedule for some time now.
This can be seen as an opportunity:
  • First of all, no one said they will charge for the update. Even if they decided to charge for the season update (a thing that I think they'll do), no one said they will charge full price for it.
    A DLC in the range of 10/15 € could still have its appeal: it's true that most likely patchmakers would do the same for free and with greater accuracy, but this also means that Konami should release something actually good in orer to be able to charge for it.
    Otherwise we'd all wait for the patchmakers.
  • This would allow them to fully concentrate on PES 2022 instead of splitting forces (because I expect them to be already working on building a next-gen game on a new engine anyway).
I'd welcome a 2020/21 season update with, say, new kits and transfers (+ of course promoted and relegated teams) should they decide to release it as a DLC and let us choose which season to use when playing friendlies/tournaments/ML.
It sounds like a sensible choice in a situation in which you'll have to do a huge effort on a next-gen console and don't have the workforce to keep developing also for the old-gen, but you don't want the "old-gen" folks to feel abandoned.

That does not mean anything! I talk about Twit, where looks like an official PES Twitter account in the first look but its not. Konami has not given any information about PS 2021 anyway. Of course, PES 2021 will use the old engine and maybe will be just PES 2020 with some update, every year its the same game with some update. Just they will never title they NEW or NEXT game like season update and to ask you 60 euros. Well, they can if they want it, but nobody will buy a new game then. And again any news out of Konami's official page or twitter is fake news for me.
I agree that the Twitter profile wasn't official; just pointing out that the news itself is pretty official based on the Australian link.

This could even be good news for us.
As @MishkiN said, some of us have been asking them to do away with the yearly cycle and to concentrate on a more relaxed schedule for some time now.
This can be seen as an opportunity:
  • First of all, no one said they will charge for the update. Even if they decided to charge for the season update (a thing that I think they'll do), no one said they will charge full price for it.
    A DLC in the range of 10/15 € could still have its appeal: it's true that most likely patchmakers would do the same for free and with greater accuracy, but this also means that Konami should release something actually good in orer to be able to charge for it.
    Otherwise we'd all wait for the patchmakers.
  • This would allow them to fully concentrate on PES 2022 instead of splitting forces (because I expect them to be already working on building a next-gen game on a new engine anyway).
I'd welcome a 2020/21 season update with, say, new kits and transfers (+ of course promoted and relegated teams) should they decide to release it as a DLC and let us choose which season to use when playing friendlies/tournaments/ML.
It sounds like a sensible choice in a situation in which you'll have to do a huge effort on a next-gen console and don't have the workforce to keep developing also for the old-gen, but you don't want the "old-gen" folks to feel abandoned.

If Konami decides to lock the pes 2020 servers, then everyone will buy the season update at full price, even if it has the old kits/transfers.
Season update refers to transfers and revised kits for team that Konami has licence.
Patchmakers provide full authenticity to the game.

I think that Konami is holding up, for a PES 2022 next-gen to be released on Ps5.
That does not mean that PES 2022 for pc will be also a next-gen title.
It is very likely to be another season update.

If Konami decides to lock the pes 2020 servers, then everyone will buy the season update at full price, even if it has the old kits/transfers.
Season update refers to transfers and revised kits for team that Konami has licence.
Patchmakers provide full authenticity to the game.

I think that Konami is holding up, for a PES 2022 next-gen to be released on Ps5.
That does not mean that PES 2022 for pc will be also a next-gen title.
It is very likely to be another season update.
First of all, servers are locked too fast usually. IE next August(2020) PES 2019 servers will go offline.

The digital version of the game is every year removed instantly by the time the new game drops in, IE September of 2019, pes2020 comes in e-shops, PES 2019 is removed in the next days from PS stores, Steam, Xbox store.

With the above i mean that KONAMI is already ultra aggresive against playing a previous title, this is not fresh news! Keep in mind that EA SPORTS , i think you can play with online support till FIFA 15 or 16 i think, even today.

Now except for all above , IF the next year is an update version, it is pretty sure that it will be HARD-LOCKED by the simple one method that is SOFT-LOCKED even this year. Let's say that next September the first version of "PES 2021" will be datapack 9.0. Whoever has not access to the new datapack-update, being paid or free, will not be able to login to PES servers to play. It will pop-up a message that "a more new version is required to log in to servers". It is pretty simple and happens even today, i do not see why it will not happen to someone that will stay with pes2020 dated version.

Imagine now, that you have gone backwards to DP 2.0 on pes2020 and you want to play online. It is impossible.

Last edited:
@slamzoze

If konami locks me out from a game i bought, that is a scam! I think that will burst a customers outrage.
I demand to have access to a game that i bought even for offline gaming with oudated rosters.

Ok, I can agree with that :D BUT twit was represented like a " FACT " and " NEWS" witch is .. not! So maybe for this twit the right description more to .. fake news?
Yeah, I also think that the tweet shouldn't talk about it like it was Official :(

@slamzoze

If konami locks me out from a game i bought, that is a scam! I think that will burst a customers outrage.
I demand to have access to a game that i bought even for offline gaming with oudated rosters.
If would be the worst Konami decision ever if this became reality :(

@slamzoze

I talked about online/servers. That's what you said.
Offline will be accessible always, (i hope) as we can now still play every PES up to 2015, by just being offline to PES servers. Speaking always about current generation PES games, PS4 and PC games associated with Steam (i exclude PES2014 as a past-gen PES).

I meant that, as you mentioned in one of your posts above, if the Online crowd want to play PES next year, they will have to force-upgrade,either we have brand new retail or legacy edition. But i repeat only the Online part is a slave of the new "version". The single player/offline people have nothing to worry about a lock-out.(i hope again) :)

Guys, now eFOOTBALL name makes sense.. there will be just Seasons Update from now, every year. The game will be Season Pass because they makes tons of money just from MyClub mode and microctransactions, so they do not need to make new game every year. Just will be
eFOOTBALL Season update 2021, 2022 and etc.

Guys, now eFOOTBALL name makes sense.. there will be just Seasons Update from now, every year. The game will be Season Pass because they makes tons of money just from MyClub mode and microctransactions, so they do not need to make new game every year. Just will be
eFOOTBALL Season update 2021, 2022 and etc.
I see the same for far or near future, but for sure there will need an other new full game, if they want to jump to new engine, Unreal Engine or whatever. From then and on it is easy to keep up with season updates, if that model meets with success.

I think that you can make fine tunes in gameplay with an update, but you cannot change core things like gameplay/engine just by an update, jumbo, mega, giga, tera or whatever sized.

Last edited:
hope this is true, because remember when ps3 came out. pes was trash for 4-5 years. So id rather them take their time and focus on pes 2022 and just update all data, teams, heaps more faces etc for pes 2021 with a couple tweaks

hope this is true, because remember when ps3 came out. pes was trash for 4-5 years.

PES 2012 and PES 2013 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than this clunky game. You can't fucking move your players because they added some weird ass delay in the animations. It feels like playing with a 30-40 skilled rating team in PES6.

The direction PES 2019/2020 have taken can end the series, for good.

PES always sound better than eFootball, I like PES name better as a branding, shorter name and easy to spell.

Making a last version as 2020 and then release a new season update looks bad for marketing anyway, because people will think is old anyway.
A reason not to release a new version is fact that this year is teh first year with game uncracked, then may want to keep it like that and full go to 2022.
1 year gap may lose 50% of its customers, so... it won't be just an update. I play only PES since 2005, and this year is the first year when I bought FIFA also because of a friend asked me to play with him. PES is hard to find in stores, always FIFA is on the shelves and marketing... and mostly play FIFA just for that, not for leagues and stuff, is just more popular. PES needs to be more popular, somehow.

My 2c.

I was unsure what to do with the new game expected, but if this happens I'd probably leave it till a proper PS5 version is released as I'm going to plunge for the new console straight away.

Think Last of us 2 and Ghosts of T will be my last PS4 games.

Was. Going for Cyberpunk, Assassin's and PES for PS5, but that may knock that on the head.

FD

So would you pay 10-30 bucks for new kits and database only?

Which community does for free and much better cause of authentic licenses etc.
Its a blackmail if they make you rebuy the same game just for the online features.

I see the same for far or near future, but for sure there will need an other new full game, if they want to jump to new engine, Unreal Engine or whatever. From then and on it is easy to keep up with season updates, if that model meets with success.

I think that you can make fine tunes in gameplay with an update, but you cannot change core things like gameplay/engine just by an update, jumbo, mega, giga, tera or whatever sized.

What makes you think so mate? I wish it's like you say as passing to an yearly subscription would probably be the nail on the coffin for me, but I guess there shouldn't be technical problems in deleting all the old files and installing you the ones with the supposed nw engine? Or is there something I'm overlooking?

New Konami ps5 game listed at amazon, can probably be PES21.

amazon.co.uk/2020-Dummy-ASIN-Konami-Game/dp/B089X2W84P/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=ps5+dummy&qid=1591809703&sr=8-4

What makes you think so mate? I wish it's like you say as passing to an yearly subscription would probably be the nail on the coffin for me, but I guess there shouldn't be technical problems in deleting all the old files and installing you the ones with the supposed nw engine? Or is there something I'm overlooking?
First of all it is the pes developers first who have set this status. I remember 2018 and 2017, when major bugs were reported like the EPL transfer bug in ML and the developers said that such things can not change in a simple data pack and in the new game is needed to be addressed. I assume that when you can't fix a simple bug in your game modes with an update, it seems impossible that you can change your engine. Am i wrong on this?

There are many things that make me believe this. I mean I have seen big updates, but an update that changes so many core things, like game engine etc, i assume would be more of 50% of the data.

I mean a simple update 2021 seems bearable, but if needed to change so many things, to copy-paste, to delete data from your hard drive, in digital terms i things is unstable process and in real life terms maybe it touches zones of illegal, if it deletes data, it technically deletes our property.

Then it is the alltime derby phisical VS digital. If you want to have a full package retail with new engines, new gameplay animation etc, you go to the full release in order to exploit both sales, physical/digital.

If you stay in the update formula, you may exclude those who would buy a disk to play offline (without internet connection, yes they are minority but they do exist), those who would rent the game from a DVD club, those who would buy the dvd-BR-disc as collectors.

I mean only for the transition in engines.

To place it better, if i were Konami and I was told the plan-focus, that in 2022 we change engine and the future target focus is still to keep MC players buying coins from Lite or full game, I would do the same; 2021update, 2022 full release with new engine and then some future plan with yearly updates or Lite & premium Lite versions.

Last edited:
New Konami ps5 game listed at amazon, can probably be PES21.

amazon.co.uk/2020-Dummy-ASIN-Konami-Game/dp/B089X2W84P/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=ps5+dummy&qid=1591809703&sr=8-4

It's most probably the new Silent Hill. I really think Pes 2021 will just be an update because of many reasons:

Covid19 and the difficulties coming from working at home (they had to close offices because several Konami employees had coronavirus), new gen transition when Konami has always struggled with Pes, new engine for next year so they think it's better to focus on that.

Back
Top Bottom