eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

$22 at cdkey. Downloading now. I hope I will like it!

Edit: Anyone who thinks there are no noticeable differences from this 2021 to 2020 should consult a doctor ASAP.

Edit 2:
Pros:
Keeper new animations, nicer, and less super human saves
Play animations in general are smoother and more life like than 2020
Ball physics are tighter and more realistic
CPU players (top player) make more mistakes than 2020, both in passing and in tactics
FOULS are finally called reasonably, in my first game I had 3 fouls against me and 12 against CPU (Roma vs Arsenal)
Shooting is more varied
Headers are now more effective
Reaction and response is superior to 2020

Cons:
Spent $22 (barely gets a half decent dinner for 1 person)

People can not understand that it is an update for 2020 and ask hell no why is this the exact same game? lol

Enjoying the thing so far!

Last edited:
So I started playing Online Divisions on PA0/Adv shooting (so sue med FUMA- players…;) )/Adv through balls and I gotta say it's really good. Paired with other PA0- players of course.

There is still problems with players not reacting to their surroundings etc but due to improved responsiveness and Right stick dribbling being a tad bit better the overall experience is a step up from PES 2020.

It's not perfect by any means and frustrating as hell from time to time but if you're looking for some sort of enjoyment Online this is the way to go.

The way other players react and not just the player your controlling is great . For example in 20 if I use the dummy move ball through legs only the player that let the ball go through his legs would respond . Any other plater would ignore the ball even if they were closer. Not now I dummied it with firminho and Salah reacted so quick to win the ball

Is anyone noticing any positional changes? Less defensive retreating/less adherence to tactics? Haven’t seen this come up.

...I guess this is a silly question:D

Last edited:
+1 some new animations make the job either (I've noticed a new corner kick animation (?) ), but it's definitely something we should get throughout PES 2020 updates period when KONAMI had plenty of time and tones of feedback regardings these points you have mentioned above and they should implement it way, way earlier either not waiting the whole year to make just a few improvements over the gameplay which we, users have been reporting about for the entire year. It is a polished PES 2020 but I would say it's not worth £20 at all. Especially if you play on PC where you could get a PES 2020 gameplay really successfully tweaked by the modders who also managed to make the game more responsive than it originally came in first place systematically working on crucial points of gameplay to make it more playable.

I think it won't take long to get sider and other mods compatible with 2021, so I'll stay with PES 2021 as I bought it already. But it also depends on DP 1.0, which may fuck the game up again and this is what we need to be prepared for, unfortunately.

If this is what KONAMI could make of the current generation - fine. I should be ok to play this game for another year, but if they will make 3 steps backwards again in 2022, I don't think that players will give them another chance again to keep polishing the same product for next 4,5 years implementing 2 minor changes each year.So now this could be the most important period for KONAMI while they work on PES 2022. This is their final exam next September (probably) so let's them work on something special and I hope that the time they've dedicated to work on new engine will fully pay off next year as well. I hope they've learnt a lesson and know now what's the players' expectation and needs are.

The worse thing is that there is no alternative for PES this year again. It was always there for years, years, but it's been demolished by microtransaction shit. I was pushing myself to start playing FIFA for 6,7 times for last 11 months but I can't stand it for longer than 10 minutes. But let's be more positive - PES 2021 seems to be even more enjoyable game and I reeeeaaallly hope KONAMI won't be that stupid to brush aside a mass of fans they have gathered for last 2 years showing them that they finally started heading a good way in recent years implementing the game that has very courageously been compared to PES 6 by some of us in previous threads.

Enjoy the game guys!
if i had 2020 on PC (and i tried; only the hassle with the system aint worth my time), i wouldnt even look out for a new version. modders and option file creators did a fantastic job with last years version, imo. better gfx, better atmophere, better gameplay than the original konami version.

$22 at cdkey. Downloading now. I hope I will like it!

Edit: Anyone who thinks there are no noticeable differences from this 2021 to 2020 should consult a doctor ASAP.

Edit 2:
Pros:
Keeper new animations, nicer, and less super human saves
Play animations in general are smoother and more life like than 2020
Ball physics are tighter and more realistic
CPU players (top player) make more mistakes than 2020, both in passing and in tactics
FOULS are finally called reasonably, in my first game I had 3 fouls against me and 12 against CPU (Roma vs Arsenal)
Shooting is more varied
Headers are now more effective
Reaction and response is superior to 2020

Cons:
Spent $22 (barely gets a half decent dinner for 1 person)

People can not understand that it is an update for 2020 and ask hell no why is this the exact same game? lol

Enjoying the thing so far!

Everyone who doesnt see the differences didnt play 2020 enough.

- dribbling way better and more responsive
- headers stronger (yay!)
- more openness on attacks / defensive holes
- slightly imrpved shooting and keepers
- some new animations (passing, headers)
- collisons improved

Not placebo, just 30 years of football games experience. Im pleaseantly surprised. I liked 2020 and Im happy that this is a better version of it.
- i'd say, dribling is a bit better. "way better" would give me the freedom and finger relaxing controls back we had before. but yeah, it is noticably better (but not as good as it could be).
- yes, same here, a bit better, imo (nothing ground breaking). did not have to much of a problem with them before. only last night i had a nice one by Lewangoalski when i played one match in 2020 vanilla in between the 2021 testing matches.
- as the whole game "flows" a bit better too, yes... i saw positive stuff here but still... aint really a huge step up, imo.
- i felt that too and i liked it. shots are a bit slower, shots from afar look more realistic (speed and tractory wise), shots get blocked by the defense differently (they slow down but are not fully blocked) wich leads me to the collions that are part of that i guess. manual finesse with R2 seems to not have that huge curve in it, the corridor is a bit smaller.
- i like the new collisions. minor tweak but when the opponent fouls you, your legs dont get stuck and come to a full stop but slide around the opponents body a bit. its more like it is in irl. you dont get stuck 100%, you slide and grind on or at each other.... this leads to you getting away with the ball even after a tackle (not get stuck in stumble animation too). like that. same time you can draw as many fouls as before... maybe a bit more.
- keepers have a few new animations in and i liked them. slower side dive for some balls for example, not that floaty. the grabing and throwing animations seemed polished as they stich together better now.
- got a penalty and a straight red for the opponent in my second match! Lewa hammered that one beautiful against the crossbar! :LOL: never mind... ^^
how did i get the pen? well, it was kinda weird. i was next to the opponent and wanted to get around him to have a finesse shot into the long corner. both bodies touched when i hit R2+shot button and the foul animation played. my player got down, ref blew whistle, a pen!
it all did not feel 100% right... as if the foul in the pen area wa given because i hit shot on that exact moment. like it was triggered by that.
will have an eye on that... i want to just get rumbled down by the opponent and get a pen without me pressing a button at that moment. hope oyu understand me! :CONFUSE: lets see if thats working out in the future.

i do agree with some other posts here too. there is improvement in some parts of the game and i very welcome them all.
only i can really not recommend it to anyone that did not like 2020. you wont find anything thats groundbreaking new or polished so hard it shines like new!
the few tweaks with dribbling, collisions and shots (plus other minor tweaks) thats what is awaiting you. nothing more, nothing less.
each to his own, but some reviews are over the top in my eyes. maybe its because i dont have konami stocks in my portfolio. ;) i dont know.

what you make of my words is up to you as well. i can only be as honest as i ever was!

finally: the review @Chris Davies posted here: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/efootball-pes-2021-discussion-thread-all-formats.83069/post-3583580 (verdict starts around 9:50min!)
i dont agree with everything said in this video, as i can find joy in shooting and such... but the verdict at the end is what i totally agree on!
it is not the mayor overhaul some users make it sound like. i like everyone for their view on things and opinions... but really... this is just a baby step! little polish here and there.

2021 will replace my 2020 vanilla i guess... but i need more time on the ball. Part of that as well is the hi her for an option file.
Wish there was one for PS4 so I could start an ML, cut my PS4 from the internet and have a couple of matches.

Let’s see what future updates will do to the game. Hope it’s not the 2020 DP Road they are going once again...

another finally ;) : i guess i got a special edition myself: PES 2021 - the bit edition ;)

edit2: what has our @The_Knight to say i wonder! really would like to hear your impressions mate!
btw: scored a beautiful manual finesse shot with müller from outside the box and had to think of you. will post later.

edit3: comparing it directly to the 2020 vanilla: the vanilla plays a tiny bit faster (2021 plays a tad slower than 2020) and feels a bit snappier to me due to that. the faster dribbling with RS in 2021 seems to conquer that lost speed a bit. so its a tad slower on the pitch but more responsive with RS dribbling. if that makes sense! :D

Last edited:
There were changes this morning, but this afternoon there are no changes.
:LOL:
You see, if you play the game before breakfast - there is no changes.
Changes can be seen between 10:40 and 12:15, then there is no changes till 7pm. After that its Fluid as a Bird.

Honestly - i have to say Thank you all for keeping me entertained during nightshift. Last few pages were epic! :LOL:

So which year of 3 year cycle are we in now? Or did it change into a circle now? :LOL:

I think the best way to describe the update is that it feels like the game I was expecting after last years demo. This doesn't necessarily paint Konami in a good light, it's taken a year & an extra £24 (from myself) for them to release something they were capable of producing 12 months ago.

Is it worth the price? No, probably not

Am I enjoying playing it? Most definitely but i do feel a bit cheated.

I now sit here content but at the same time terrified they'll mess it up in upcoming patches & data packs. There's nothing mind-blowing about the games improvements or the game in general but it's just so much more fun to play. Subtle tweaks that could surely have been implemented in to PES 2020. It's a cash grab but I do understand they need to make money.

Wouldn't it be nice if they just left it alone for the whole year & concentrated on PES 2022.

Last edited:
:LOL:
You see, if you play the game before breakfast - there is no changes.
Changes can be seen between 10:40 and 12:15, then there is no changes till 7pm. After that its Fluid as a Bird.

Honestly - i have to say Thank you all for keeping me entertained during nightshift. Last few pages were epic! :LOL:

So which year of 3 year cycle are we in now? Or did it change into a circle now? :LOL:

I'm kinda worried konami will see the reactions and release the exact same gameplay for 22.
I can picture them having cocktails by the swimming pool, one of them popping inside to change a variable from 20.5 to 19.9281 and then hitting the upload button, announcing the end of another 4 year circle and the return of the king!

MY DAY 0 IMPRESSIONS:

PES2021 is a better game in several objective and subjective ways. Did they fix everything wrong with PES 2020? LOL NO.

WHAT'S BETTER:

So what did they fix?
  • Keeper exits are a lot smarter, less reckless and more effective. Keepers are generally better shot stoppers.
  • Manual Finesse shots are now doable. Haven't scored but it's Day 0.
  • The pace of play is a lot more measured and steady.
  • Players do a better job avoiding sliding tackles, even if the ball clips the player, making for less interruptions
  • Free Kicks are slightly more challenging. I scored two on Day 0 but should have scored 5 at least.
  • The game is more responsive, even more so on full manual.
WHAT'S DIFFERENT (not better or worse):
  • The ball feels a lot weightier.
  • First touch is a lot heavier, done with less control
  • It's a lot easier to strip the ball off a player now, this works both ways making for less hold up play and a more exciting play.
WHAT'S STILL BROKEN:
  • The referee is still broken. Clear collisions that have nothing to do with the ball go unnoticed. I got to the ball first, the defender kicked me instead of the ball, unnoticed. Crap like that.
  • The players will still abruptly stop or change their direction once a pass is made into their running path, ruining the play.
WHAT'S WORSE:
  • Penalties. The referee will purposefully NOT award a foul when it's in the box. I'm talking about the elbow in the face which is an automatic yellow card in PES. If it happens in the box, there is code in place that makes the referee NOT call it. This was fixed in Datapack 6.0 last year, then reversed in Datapack 8.0.
Working on a video this weekend!

I now sit here content but at the same time terrified they'll mess it it up in upcoming patches & data packs. There's nothing mind-blowing about the games improvements or the game in general but it's just so much more fun to play. Subtle tweaks that could surely have been implemented in to PES 2020. It's a cash grab but I do understand they need to make money.

Wouldn't it be nice if they just left it alone for the whole year & concentrated on PES 2022.

Amen, stop tinkering with it now. It's a ok game atm, 6,5/10 or something like that. Just leave it. I don't know who I'am talking to but whatever...

Last edited:
terrified they'll mess it it up in upcoming patches & data packs
This right here is my biggest concern. a lot of the things people are happy with, that dribbling is better, it's easier to go past players, that you can out pace defenders, refs calling fouls , were things they removed after people complained about them last year. So, we will see what the first data pack brings.

This right here is my biggest concern. a lot of the things people are happy with, that dribbling is better, it's easier to go past players, that you can out pace defenders, refs calling fouls , were things they removed after people complained about them last year. So, we will see what the first data pack brings.
I have turned off automatic updates. Once a patch comes out and everyone will say it's safe to update, I will update as well.

Hi everyone, I have one question for PES 21 Club Edition. Did you guys that purchase the Club Edition get Full Squad bonus for myClub just like the preview on the website? Because mine wasn't. Only the Iconic Moment, kit and etc except the full squad that I got.

Just a quick question for online seasons players; I noticed that your defenders react slower to counter attacks from the opponent then they did in 2020. Seems that something with the marking is off (less tight on certain key positions on the field). They drop holes between the center back and the left back, but what's worse is that they are often slower when running back than the attacker that is running with the ball. Even when you try to select the right defender your often to late to close the gaps or try to catch up the running player. In addition, you will encounter many players with all the assist options at the maximum level, so that you get ping pong counters against you that cannot / hardly be defended. It yielded an absurd number of goals against, which I never got to deal with in that way in 2020. Not complaining, they where all decent/good players, but I just noticed it pretty quickly. Are there more players here who have noticed this? Tonight I'm going to work on my line-up and tactics to see if it improves a thing or two.

Last edited:
I think the best way to describe the update is that it feels like the game I was expecting after last years demo. This doesn't necessarily paint Konami in a good light, it's taken a year & an extra £24 (from myself) for them to release something they were capable of producing 12 months ago.

Is it worth the price? No, probably not

Am I enjoying playing it? Most definitely but i do feel a bit cheated.

I now sit here content but at the same time terrified they'll mess it up in upcoming patches & data packs. There's nothing mind-blowing about the games improvements or the game in general but it's just so much more fun to play. Subtle tweaks that could surely have been implemented in to PES 2020. It's a cash grab but I do understand they need to make money.

This is why i have not bought it. Because even if they had tweaked the gameplay, its still the same game and comical to charge a single penny for it. i shall be voting with my wallet and skipping this gen

Still incredibly hard for me to see what i'm getting.. PES 20 demo level? Then it's actually good.

Desperate times as FIFA looks like a good package but without gameplay that can make you happy. PES seems to have moments for some in here.

I don't own FIFA 19 or PES 2020

So, I only play offline and I have to pay more? So where's my 20% for owning 2020?
The offer seems to be over, but you could have bought a special edition anyway without ever entering myClub.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/eu/en/ps4/topic/game-wepes2020-23109

eFootball PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE releases on September 15th! If you played either eFootball PES 2020 or eFootball PES 2020 LITE, you can get 20% off by pre-ordering a Club Edition (digital version) now.

Back
Top Bottom