eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Question for all 2021 players. Have they fixed the No foul issue after Trap Feint?

I explain, in PES2020 after the first DataPacks it was never called a foul against the AI.
The move is, you pass to your player, while ready to receive the ball, you press only R2, your player let's the ball pass through his legs, your CPU opponent who thought you would stop the ball, boy tackles you like rugby, dropping you to the ground without any foul at all.

Is this a foul in PES2021??? cause in 2020 it is almost 9/10 times no foul, and it defies the purpose of changed R2 controls theme.

Question for all 2021 players. Have they fixed the No foul issue after Trap Feint?

I explain, in PES2020 after the first DataPacks it was never called a foul against the AI.
The move is, you pass to your player, while ready to receive the ball, you press only R2, your player let's the ball pass through his legs, your CPU opponent who thought you would stop the ball, boy tackles you like rugby, dropping you to the ground without any foul at all.

Is this a foul in PES2021??? cause in 2020 it is almost 9/10 times no foul, and it defies the purpose of changed R2 controls theme.

Still no free-kick in 2021 for that situation and still most other fouls by cpu are not called. Indeed, numerous occasions where the cpu will foul you but the free-kick is given to cpu, eg. cpu comes in to tackle your guy from behind and kicks your guy in the calf, game decides you got your leg in the way of his foot, so foul called against you. The refereeing is so poor that i genuinely want an option to turn it off altogether, as they're clearly not gonna fix it.

This game needs you to play 0 pass assistance and manual shooting to be enjoying.

I agree, just bought the game yesterday played exhibition matches 15 minutes full manual on regular and pro difficulty and I love it.. The animations, gameplay, and the overall flow of the game is really smooth. Referees are not as bad as what some people have written here. I think also that playing on higher difficulty levels will make the cpu play more direct and repetitive so the highest I would go is professional. Can't wait to start a master league and let the TS and scripting ruin the game for me.

I´m now with a TS of 85 and things get more fluid, and the scripting now seems to help me bit rather than punish for mistakes I didn´t commit. FUMA makes this more interesting and sometimes things like this can happen:

I don't care what anyone says, I'm really enjoying this game and having experienced with the attack/defence levels through the game, the matches have become even more alive.

I have to say though I do play exhibition only, not ML. Some of the games and action I'm seeing is bloody superb. Playing manual shooting, passing and advanced through ball really opens the game up. heres some fantastic goals I've scored recently.

I play on professional too as it has a more organic feel than the higher tiers. Look at this Pandev volley!

In regards to attack/defence levels. Are you referring to manually changing the att/defence depending on the score, or something else?

yes mate. I have been playing but not touching it during the game and sometimes the game was a bit flat in exhibition mode. I've started pushing my team forward and back during matches and it seems to open up the game somewhat, forcing the AI to adapt more and play a bit differently. I have periods where i will push men forward and sometimes the ai is pushing forward to which creates a condensed midfield. One of my biggest problems was the massive gaps across the field where players would rigidly stick to their formation. Use the double tap of up and down on dpad to initate the levels.

I only play 10 minute matches though so i guess they are more like highlight reels. its not perfect but its enjoyable.

I don't care what anyone says, I'm really enjoying this game and having experienced with the attack/defence levels through the game, the matches have become even more alive.

I have to say though I do play exhibition only, not ML. Some of the games and action I'm seeing is bloody superb. Playing manual shooting, passing and advanced through ball really opens the game up. heres some fantastic goals I've scored recently.

I play on professional too as it has a more organic feel than the higher tiers. Look at this Pandev volley!

Pes has always (not 20 though) played really good on League/exhibition mode.
I thought that would save last year's game,only going league instead of ML.
But nope.
Glad it's working this year.
Imagine if they'd removed TS from ML?
Then we'd have this gameplay instead of the script mess that is ML

I swore myself not to buy the update as I really hated PES 2020. I stayed strong till afternoon of release day, then bought it digital. :NO:
Surprisingly I'm really enjoying it so far. I don't know wether it's placebo or not (probably it is) but I see lots of improvements to 2020. Currently I am playing a test master league with Arsenal and so far I don't see to much scripting. I really didn't expect it, but for me the "one more game" feeling is back. Of course PES 2021 is far, far from perfect, but at the moment I can overlook the flaws and just enjoy it for what it is. (The terrible state of the other game could be one reason for this though.)
Now I really hope Konami doesn't fuck things up with the update on 22nd, then I can start my real ML in Serie A or B.

Good stuff @Antoine , convinced me to take the plunge and purchase 2021. Quick question, you playing on -1 speed?

No mate default. You don't need to slow it imho, its a good speed out of the box, plus you get variations with grass length, dryness, wetness etc with the ball anyway.

I really disliked Pes 20 after the patches and loved the demo, this is like the demo but well better, more responsive and polished. it ain perfect but what game is and Fifa is terrible this year.

Some top tips if playing in exhibition mode

- Turn off live updates and play with the option file teams
- I put a sprinkling of abilities with some of the lower teams, giving certain players long range shooting and other traits etc to spice things up. Not every player has things like long range shooting ticked and i believe there should be more of it as it varies the play.
- Have a play with fluid formations for A.I teams you feel play a little flat out of the box. Not every team does play flat out of the box, for example Olympiakos play a nice varied game, crossing, through balls, long range shooting etc.
- With some of your top keepers, i reduced the GK clearance stat. For example Alisson has it in the mid 90s, the stat allows the keepers to parry the ball far away from goal but it looks unrealistic as stuff in the 90s can send the ball out of play for throw ins sometimes, so reduce it to 70-80 so it spills within the 18 yard box and behind the goal.
- I play on pitch side camera which is a nice view set to 0, 0, 7
- If you are on ps4 hit me up on Dm and ill send you an option file.

And thats it. Its a really nice game.

I swore myself not to buy the update as I really hated PES 2020. I stayed strong till afternoon of release day, then bought it digital. :NO:
Surprisingly I'm really enjoying it so far. I don't know wether it's placebo or not (probably it is) but I see lots of improvements to 2020. Currently I am playing a test master league with Arsenal and so far I don't see to much scripting. I really didn't expect it, but for me the "one more game" feeling is back. Of course PES 2021 is far, far from perfect, but at the moment I can overlook the flaws and just enjoy it for what it is. (The terrible state of the other game could be one reason for this though.)
Now I really hope Konami doesn't fuck things up with the update on 22nd, then I can start my real ML in Serie A or B.

Its not placebo, it really plays well. Whether it will after the next patch remains to be seen but i will be turning off my internet to the ps4 until i hear the feedback!

It's good to read that people are enjoying this game, I'm going to give it a miss though.
Having both Milan and Inter plus San Siro taken out of the game,despite a Serie A licence (yeah I know exclusives etc) killed it for me.

Between FIFA and Pes there's no real Serie A,which is insane, especially since neither one seems to care much about it!
(Fake Milan/Inter and fake Juve/Roma on FIFA)
Shame on both!

has anyone tried the difference with manual controls when you have either adv through ball or basic through ball activated? i am talking for normal passing and shooting - on advanced it seems much more looser and more difficult. All my superstar wins have been with basic through ball and when i switched back to adv ive really struggled scoring. Last night night i was 1 nil down against southampton with 10 mins to go and switched back to basic and on my first attack i scored with a cross and a bullet header.

i suppose my question is does each control method slightly change the physics of the ball - kind of like PA3 does compared to PA1. Does Adv through ball change affect all manual controls and make it slightly more manual

Drama baby...! :)

it was my 3rd penalty in 2021. this time i was just moving the LS slightly.

the current 2nd season standings. to our surprise we defeated ManCity 2:1!
c6b5befe-d803-4c5e-a853jc6.png

My word this game is frustrating online. Matchmaking is really slow even without any restrictions. I never played online before and have played a couple dozen matches now. But there's absolutely no fun in it at all. I try to play as lesser teams, but it's hopeless as long as I'm up against Juventus, Bayern, Barcelona etc. But the most annoying thing of all is that every player I've come up against plays as if they're Klopp's Liverpool on steroids. It's no use trying to build up if the game will reward the relentless press eventually and it's so easy to just through ball and sprint when your players are much faster and stronger. I'll admit that part of this is just me not being very good at the game and only used to playing against the AI for the most part. But still I feel as though there is much more scripting online, even in my favour at times.

My players are so damn rigid in this game, the only time they move is to run offside or run back the way from the pass, skipped PES 20 but thought hey they had over year to perfect it and for £20 can't go wrong.

Not asking for help btw know its just horrible programming that can't be fixed, only complaining.

Effect the speed and spin of the ball.

You can play long grass and dry and it really holds up. Or short and wet for a faster game. You can always have normal too for the conditions. I enjoy normal conditions with random height grass

I play long and dry and it still feels as fast as short and normal or even wet. That's why I asked.

Back
Top Bottom