eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question on FUMA settings,
The power gauge changes to Orange when on Full manual controls.
a.) Do you both have to have the power gauge "ON" to see the orange power gauge?
b.) Can you use this as a check to see if an opponent player is actually using FUMA settings?
c.) Will it show on replays?

Basically starting a online mini tournament with friends...but just want a way of checking FUMA Settings are used.

Thx for reply.

Great job as always Matt. Recently I am experimenting playing in lower difficulties in FIFA to humanize the AI. Its really nice to see them make mistakes. However I never thought about doing it in PES given there are no sliders....
I might give this a try but I haven't even installed it on my console and seems its a lot of work to get to that compromise (in my case learning FUMA)... But again, great video.
As to what PES needs in 2022? Its missing that old feeling. I downloaded the demo for PES21 and its just felt dull (same as '20 ; although I enjoyed '19 which seems most people hated). Scoring/shooting is dull, AI the same, etc... and of course get rid of the damn scripting which is the #1 offender.
What do you mean by "the demo for PES21"?

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question on FUMA settings,
The power gauge changes to Orange when on Full manual controls.
a.) Do you both have to have the power gauge "ON" to see the orange power gauge?
b.) Can you use this as a check to see if an opponent player is actually using FUMA settings?
c.) Will it show on replays?

Basically starting a online mini tournament with friends...but just want a way of checking FUMA Settings are used.

Thx for reply.
A. Yes
B. Yes
C. No

Haven't been reading the forums for a while, tried to search but couldn't find anything on this. The live broadcast camera angle is finally fixed on console? It used to cut to a weird angle when approaching the corners but now I doesn't. I'm playing the PS4 version on PS5 for reference. Genuinely sorry if this is old news.

Edit: Just realised this was a new feature in like 2020... Have been messing about with custom angles and managed to lose track of the "standard ones". Just goes to show that sometimes things are fine just the way they are 😊

Last edited:
One thing I'm noticing, well more remembering given how long it's been since I last played this game somewhat regularly, is how passive and static my teammate AI is until I increase my team's mentality to attacking. It's like they wake up then. Of course I'm rather apprehensive to do that, imo, the AI struggles a lot when either team is playing attacking. If I do stick with it, I guess it's just something I'll have to accept.

How do you curl the shot on advanced shooting out side the Box coz all my shots are either off target or too weak and easy for goal keeper to save, yet inside the box ground finesse shots are a destructive weapon on advanced shooting!!

Hello guys. Last night I tried some suggestion's @Matt10 made about playing the game on normal difficulty which is not usual for me becouse I play pes for my whole life, every new game I begin with proffesional and end up in top player as most balanced difficulty for me and full manual. As I said last night played few games on normal difficulty and some doors opened for me, players somehow look more contextual in ball touches, passing and most evident shooting! I see more variety in the gameplay on normal and and varity in shooting is much bigger than top player! Can someone try this and confirm it's not only me? Now the negative part, cpu looks much more human than top player, also ball physycs during passing is better on normal but it's not difficult to beat cpu, you can run along touchline and never get caught, also during some counter attacks I can easily replicate Son's goal of the season with run through all pitch.
Proffesional seems like golden middle between these two, ai is little harder but not challenging like top player, especially if you play against top teams. I guess Proffesional is best balance for master league too.

Thank you for this mate. Got to be better than just leaving it to the wLl

Thank you for this mate. Got to be better than randomly leaving it for the wall/goalie to deal with. Even if I never save them, if it helps minutely it's still better.
How do you curl the shot on advanced shooting out side the Box coz all my shots are either off target or too weak and easy for goal keeper to save, yet inside the box ground finesse shots are a destructive weapon on advanced shooting!!
Interesting as I wasn't aware this could be done but it's similar to advanced through pass. I always thought shots were locked on in advanced but they aren't . You have to kind of rotate during the animation and the target moves causing bend/variation .ive turned target display on in training to see how it works

Since PES 2008 I found Professional is best to play against as far as balanced game play. Easier and you're playing against a sleeping cpu, harder and you'll get all sorts of cheating and scripting.
That's what I'm leaning towards in my test save. All my matches on regular have been bloodbaths

When i am finding one level too easy but the next one too hard, i find playing your home matches on easier and away ones on harder, helps to get the feeling of home advantage. Not a perfect solution, but better than sticking to one level.

Forgot to post this, but somehow I'm playing, and enjoying, PES 2021. Of course, need a graphics overhaul on the PC, but for the most part the things I've tried can be applied to consoles as well.

Thanks for these settings as always Matt.

I've tried today using these exact settings with one slight addition -

I'm not using any CF or SS position. My thinking is to try and avoid those crazy long, direct runs which seem to stretch the defensive line out. Any CF or SS I'm moving to either LWF or RWF (or both if there's two strikers). It also reduces the AI playing that long ball straight to the striker. It can still happen, it's just not as often.

I'm finding even as LWF or RWF they still end up in central spaces often, but they drift here a little more naturally instead of just bombing straight through the middle of the park as soon as their team regains the ball - which then results in the defensive line reacting and creating a huge gap.

Note: If you're playing with just 1 striker, I've found turn fluid formations on and have that striker play as a LWF with the ball and a RWF without the ball and that keeps them fairly central.

Early tests, I'll keep playing with it and see how it goes.

eFootball PES 2021 Screenshot 2021.02.21 - 14.13.03.15.jpg

Last edited:
Something i miss that i think would make scoring and create chances more fun, is if the make s button for volleyshots. Now sometimes when i wanna header they try a bicycle kick and sometimes when i wanna volley they head it. So for example if the ball is in the air and u hold L1 and shot he will wait for it to try a volley instead of meet it and head it.

Everybody picks overpowered Bayern on Online divisions... It’s incredible how we don’t have filters for team level yet. Do we need to wait for a new engine for such an easy feature? lol

I've had a couple of games on regular , manual pass and adv through ball and shooting . The AI doesn't seem all that different , by that it's not really noticeable like fifa where you can dribble around multiple defenders. Keepers are also still decent . I think the way konami approaches difficulty is by making the AI more direct and ruthless but at the same time during the game make your players donkeys. I'm going to try a tournament on regular and see what happens when it matters

My take on lower dificulty levels is that usually I end up dominating every match, not necessarily winning all of them, but dominating, wich takes away the feeling of "pressure" on harder matches or against better teams. Playing on SS, PA0 feels great most ot the time, until the moment CPU has a boost and everything goes against me. Seriously, on some matches, If there were birds flying over the pitch, they would only shit on my players heads while CPU players would be clean even if the birds were shiting with their eyes closed.

My take on lower dificulty levels is that usually I end up dominating every match, not necessarily winning all of them, but dominating, wich takes away the feeling of "pressure" on harder matches or against better teams. Playing on SS, PA0 feels great most ot the time, until the moment CPU has a boost and everything goes against me. Seriously, on some matches, If there were birds flying over the pitch, they would only shit on my players heads while CPU players would be clean even if the birds were shiting with their eyes closed.
My feelings exactly , my 1st game in super cup final or whatever it's called as Liverpool ..I had a lot of possession but only won 1 nil with a late goal. The AI did have chances though and it wasn't like I peppered the goal . It felt less end to end too. Only issue is overtime it will get too easy

My feelings exactly , my 1st game in super cup final or whatever it's called as Liverpool ..I had a lot of possession but only won 1 nil with a late goal. The AI did have chances though and it wasn't like I peppered the goal . It felt less end to end too. Only issue is overtime it will get too easy

Speaking of overtime, since I started playing 2017, in all the years I have played 2017-2021 I have not had a match go to overtime let alone even sniffed a penalty shootout.

The last penalty shootout I played was in PES 2009. Last to Spain in the Euros in a BAL save. Good memories.

The last few sessions I've had, I've been trying to find solutions for a few issues I have with the way my team performs; stopping my CMs from constantly closing down wingers, improving the fluidity of my attack/getting more goal threat from my wingers, improving positioning and tempo at which matches are played.

First was dropping the difficulty (initially to regular, but now professional) and implementing the tactics page suggestions (to hopefully keep teams better positioned) that @Matt10 mentioned. That was an ok start. That has helped with the tempo a bit (AI is a less gung ho from the off). I've started having the CMs 'man mark' the oppositon CMs in front of them (something else Matt10 suggested for 2020). That's helped keep them central instead of having them constantly closing down wide players. I'm not entirely sold on doing the same with my wide players because I don't like the idea of having too many players 'man mark'. I might give the FBs a try tho.

@Anth James mentioned earlier using WFs instead of CFs. It was something I tried in 2020, but ditched when I ditched the game altogether. It did give me promising results back then and did so again tonight; my wide men (specifically future PM Rashford) actually showed more goal threat. The other thing that has been crucial has been wing rotation. Rashford (LWF) starts outside then moves inside. Bruno (AMC) will drift out wide, drop deep, and make runs into the box. Pogba (CM) will do the same but less frequently as he's positioned deeper. The only thing I'm not a fan of is how frequently my FBs end up centrally. I might try maintain formation and see if that keeps them on the flanks. But overall it looked more fluid and the behaved more like I'd expect them to.

Last 2 matches I played on professional -2 game speed (another tempo related decision).

Went to Leicester and won 4-1. Capitalized on defensive mistakes and, surprisingly, Greenwood winning a penalty via a dive:

This is the first time I have been a beneficiary of a dive. Heck I have only ever seen one dive that didn't result in a yellow card.

Played Burnley at home and smashed them 5-0 (I wish they lost every match 5-0 tbf).

This game can produce some really good football at times:

Would've been damn near the perfect goal if Pogba scores there.

This session was full of surprises because look at what AI Hazard went and did all by himself:

I love when I don't have to do any of the work.

Lastly, as (almost) always full match highlights for anyone interested.

Question is whether not the difficulty increases against better teams. If it does, then great there's potential here. If not, I might try top player against. But I am not keen on that because I think the AI plays dreadful on top player and above. Especially in fixed cursor.

I haven't touched PES in years. Still have a copy of 2017 in my closet, is it worth it to buy 2021 for offline play vs AI?

just had the tightest game in terms of space i think i have ever had - all i did was as liverpool turn off attacking fullbacks, and in attacking adv formations selected defensive and made my DMF (fabinho) not join the attack - he just sat in front of the back 4 all game and there was no space to ping it into the CF like the AI likes to do given chance - really enjoyed the game to be fair and on 1 nil with a sublime chip from an over the top advanced through ball

have been scoring a whole bunch of really nice goals against 800 rated assisted bots on online divisions... while playing FUMA, might come around to post them. When this game is working, the attacking part is amazing.

Question to everyone/anyone that has ever created an OF.
How do you create an exported TED file in PS4 but with emblems and kits?
I created a team with custom kits, but when I export, it only exports the team.ted, without the kit images in USB file.
Inwant my export to be like the OF we import in game, have TED file, emblem, kits, so I can reimport it as full package.

Question to everyone/anyone that has ever created an OF.
How do you create an exported TED file in PS4 but with emblems and kits?
I created a team with custom kits, but when I export, it only exports the team.ted, without the kit images in USB file.
Inwant my export to be like the OF we import in game, have TED file, emblem, kits, so I can reimport it as full package.

I believe you can't do that in PS4.
You have to export TED files in PS4 and then modify them on PC with the corresponding files (flags, emblems, coach pics, etc..).
Even PC game exports ted files only (no other files).

Another interesting testing about TS and how it dictates ML. Nothing new to be honest, thats how it goes after PES 2016...
of course nothing new for us who play every iteration of pes every year. every fresh start of ML there are struglles and when you win 2-3 matches in a row team spirit goes around 90 with right players selected. this seems somehow realistic to me to be honest. I hate scripting when lower rated striker with speed around 70 outrun my cb's or when he is capable to protect the ball versus stronger players. for the first situation I described I realized that when I made substituon around 70-80th minute I can take advantage of using attacker with full stamina and outrun tired strikers of the cpu. scripting is pain when you realise that cpu somehow block you from selecting the right player while defending or cpu actually switch to another defender. but to be honest this is very rare, even on begining of ML. team spirit is somehow realistic and I quess there is no other way for them to implement it on current gen becouse of limitations, for me is also pain to play with slugish players on the pitch even if ther form arrow is good. also realised that after 2-3 shots on goal players become more active. I play on full manual, top player, maybe higher difficulties have more scripting in them but I find that more arcadish and don't play it.

Since I'm messing about, I figured I'd thrown on an option file. What I've always done is add the MLS and then add Mexican sides to the other Latin American teams section. Looks like I can't do that anymore because I don't see the option to choose what team data replaces which team you want. Am I missing something? Because that would be a ridiculous thing to remove.
Maybe there is a workaround that can solve this issue. If you use @SiuMing online "Teditor" programme, which seems pretty simple, i think you can change the destination team of the .ted.
If you pick to apply squad edits, edited/created players, etc, it will possibly be a big mess, but for the emblem and kits only, i think it can work. Never tested until now though...

Back
Top Bottom