eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Interesting that this championship will have 17 teams this year, and I don't remember Konami having this format in-game.
Also, I don't know why nobody mentioned that in the new Efootball channel there is a 9 20 in the banner, supposedly a launch date for PES 2022 (or Efootball 2022, or Efootball PES 2022)
It is strange cause PES usually do not follow such radical changes imidiatelly.

Also strange that they update Liga Chilena mid gameseason. As far as I remember, they updated Brazilian Leagues last year, but Argentina and Chilena leagues usually stay as they are for the game cycle.

Now more questions are around. Will the teams vanish?? move to others Latin America? Just degenerate to generic teams? Also if just become degenerated like Hobro, Extremadura, Wigan, their players, will stay? Will move to free agents, or will it be a hard erasure, like Palermo and Beershot last year?

Just wanna say, been playing classic teams i.e Italy, Brazil thanks to PESUNIVERSE option file.

Very enjoyable, the teams, maybe because the players stats are so high play so well and enjoyable to play against. Even seen some things like control etc I've not seen before.

Brazil wants to ban lootboxes

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-04-06-brazil-launches-inquiry-to-ban-loot-boxes

The inquiry targets companies that sell loot boxes, including Activision, EA, Konami, Nintendo, Riot Games, Ubisoft, Tencent, and Valve. Mobile games publisher Garena is also involved, with Brazilian publication The Enemy reporting that the firm has been asked to suspend its loot box sales until further notice.

Should a ban be approved, Brazil is considering introducing fines for companies selling loot boxes, up to BRL $4 million (around $706,000) daily.

This will be huge for Pes and Fifa in Brazil, in particular for Pes since Brazil is the country where Pes sells the most.

Well, banned loot boxes do not exclude microtransactions completely, right? Even if those get banned (as they rightfully should), focus might shift to selling "boxes with 100% guaranteed content" (wouldn't know the proper cool name for this concept). With X-folds increased price, of course - "Buy a guaranteed Uber-Messi card for 100$" ... popping few times a year as an offer.

It would hardly take a full year to redesign it like that :)

Unfortunately, Genie is out of the bottle.

So the Wolf and the Hunter are both fed, and the Sheep are still getting sheared. Business as usual. :JAY:

Well, banned loot boxes do not exclude microtransactions completely, right? Even if those get banned (as they rightfully should), focus might shift to selling "boxes with 100% guaranteed content" (wouldn't know the proper cool name for this concept). With X-folds increased price, of course - "Buy a guaranteed Uber-Messi card for 100$" ... popping few times a year as an offer.

Well, there is one country that already banned lootboxes, Belgium. If i remember correctly Konami reacted this way: Belgium Pes players cannot buy coins, they can still spin the ball to obtain players but it's all done with the ingame coins, so Belgium players aren't spending real money on the game.

This was their statement when Belgium decided to ban lootboxes
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2019/eu/it/page/important-notice_belgium

It was a quick reaction, but Belgium is a very small market for Pes. If Brazil really banned lootboxes Konami would be forced to take drastic decisions because a huge chunk of their earnings will vanish.

I dare say they will have to really focus on really improving the game to make it much more desirable. I know, it's a dream, but let me dream.

Quick question on today's update before I will play later on, is there an option to update rosters again? And if, do I have to tick these boxes or will it crash the option file? Probably a dumb question but I will never be able to remember it...

A new Update File (Data Pack 5.00 & Patch 1.05.00) was released on 08/04/2021.
See below for details.

■ Updates and Additions
・ New season data for BRASILEIRÃO ASSAÍ 2021 and BRASILEIRÃO SÉRIE B 2021 (Brazil) implemented.
・ New season data for Liga Profesional de Fútbol (Argentina) implemented.
・ New season data for Campeonato PlanVital (Chile) implemented.
・ Team names, strips and emblems for several teams from Liga BetPlay DIMAYOR (Colombia) changed.
・ Updated names for players in several national teams.
・ Updated club team names.
・ New/updated club team strips.
・ Updated club team emblems.
・ Updated national team strips.
・ New/updated face models.
・ New/updated player portraits.
・ New manager portraits.
・ Updated player names.
・ Updated stadium data.
・ New boot models.
・ New ball designs.
・ Updated cinematics and animations.
・ New/updated commentary data
AND!!!!!!!
■ Global Improvements
A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.

Im on pc version, and there is definitely improved gameplay (see my post in pc thread), and thats considering the fact ive been exclusively using Hollands terrific mods since dlc4.0 (which are awesome if u haven't tried and the latest vers are pretty much script free and very demo like). But im really liking this fresh new konami 1.5.0.0exe.. Seeing improvements in ball physics etc.. Dribbling (ball closer to the messis of the world). Had Dybala take me on twice in a game.. Not messi im afraid.. still doesnt dribble as much as id like when playing against him.. he passes almost immediately and at least shoots on first site of goal.. which i guess is good. But still a decent improvement from the early stuff ive seen.

Any feedback in the console side??

Last edited:
Im on pc version, and there is definitely improved gameplay (see my post in pc thread), and thats considering the fact ive been exclusively using Hollands terrific mods since dlc4.0 (which are awesome if u haven't tried and the latest vers are pretty much script free and very demo like). But im really liking this fresh new konami 1.5.0.0exe.. Seeing improvements in ball physics etc.. Dribbling (ball closer to the messis of the world). Had a dibala take me in twice in a game.. Not messi im afraid. But still a decent improvement from the early stuff ive seen.

It's hard to say there's differences because people say placebo and they might be right . Example the one game I played this morning I saw two things I haven't seen before , my player did a stumble then kind of lost his footing and fell over and the AI (arsenal forward) hit this first time turning volley. Now I only play 11 min games maybe at best two games a day so there's every chance I haven't seen it before whereas someone playing 7 or 8 games everyday on longer periods might have.

I did enjoy my game today AI felt varied , I had a few fouls and scored a nice manual goal so all's good

Will give it a go at some point.

It dumbfounds me that - up to press - there hasn't been any official announcement on social media. Their comms (or lack of) makes me despair.

That wouldn't be perfect, better no pay-to-win content at all but I think it would be far, far better than now.

You'd remove the exploitation of gambling, the little dopamine rush as the flashy animation reveals the contents of your pack, chasing the losses of a string of crap ones etc...

Without all this flashy and psychologically manipulative nonsense to obfuscate the real price of the player you want (pack cost * probability), would there really be many people who would drop the same hundreds/thousands it takes in one purchase? I really don't think so, at least nowhere near to the same extent and profitability of their current gambling model.

You'd still get "whales" like millionaires who can spend whatever they like on that kind of thing, but children and people living paycheck to paycheck who drop a few quid here and there each session... Nope, and maybe don't even have enough in their account for it anyway, yet over months/years can still add up to thousands.

There probably will be some redesigns to find loopholes and offer lootboxes in disguise though... Like Pokemon Go's egg hatching mechanic;
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-bad-example-of-its-loot-box-style-incubators

This kind of thing could be reskinned to a football academy, where it produces a regen once every day, or every 10 matches or so... Or if you pay one comes through instantly, maybe with a "battle pass" style membership system to accelerate the player production to 12 hours or every 5 games with purchases to upgrade your training ground and coaches to get better regens etc...

Maybe without the appeal of using real players it wouldn't catch on, but this kind of thing seems like a way for them to carry on offering pay-to-win microtransaction online football games after a lootbox ban. Hopefully any regulations will be strong enough that they don't have easy loopholes.

Least it's only 1.2gb and not 50gb everytime you fancy a game of Multiplayer on COD.

I am in the minority that I actually love this game, I'm 37 and it's probably in my top 3 PES games of all time. I hope not much has changed and given the fact its 1.2gb I can't see it. Just installing now.

39 and same here. Dribbling and shifting body weight is excellent in the new update, ditto ball physics.

Just found out the new Brazilian clubs don't show up in my ML, so I don't have to worry about editing, thank the lord!!

My 1st game with new update is away to Real Madrid, so maybe I'll gauge a better opinion when I have more than 23% possession 😂😂

Playing tonight. Ajax v roma. Anyone want to explain what this is all about lol.. Over 300 games played and today I saw a player put his fingers up to his mouth to smell them??

I can't upload the video as its mp4 however I've kept it as it was so random lol

Im on pc version, and there is definitely improved gameplay (see my post in pc thread), and thats considering the fact ive been exclusively using Hollands terrific mods since dlc4.0 (which are awesome if u haven't tried and the latest vers are pretty much script free and very demo like). But im really liking this fresh new konami 1.5.0.0exe.. Seeing improvements in ball physics etc.. Dribbling (ball closer to the messis of the world). Had Dybala take me on twice in a game.. Not messi im afraid.. still doesnt dribble as much as id like when playing against him.. he passes almost immediately and at least shoots on first site of goal.. which i guess is good. But still a decent improvement from the early stuff ive seen.

i have not tried the new DLC (and probably wont), but playing against CPU Messi is really so disappointing, always gets rid of the Ball as fast as possible, and even worse it is a flashy backheel pass a lot of times

i have not tried the new DLC (and probably wont), but playing against CPU Messi is really so disappointing, always gets rid of the Ball as fast as possible, and even worse it is a flashy backheel pass a lot of times
Maybe try it , against Seville the AI attackers seemed to have much more flair . I don't recall the AI dribbling around two players before but seen them take on my defenders more now and then shoot. Long shots also seem more now . Really decent update

Maybe try it , against Seville the AI attackers seemed to have much more flair . I don't recall the AI dribbling around two players before but seen them take on my defenders more now and then shoot. Long shots also seem more now . Really decent update

Totally agree regarding Messi... only played a few games so far, but yeah.. he still passes (even if they are good passes) too soon.... and never really dribbles and takes players on like in real life. He does take shots as soon as the chance presents, which is good, but the dribbling is something that needs to change.

Been playing Hollands mods for some time, and with all the awesomeness it has, including the ai being way more patient and not being so damn direct all the time, the biggest issue is how all the players of the AI generally pass too soon.. never holding the ball long enough. I think to make this pes2021 so much more realistic, 2 things need to happen : 1. Ai players need to be holding the ball much longer before passing, and 2. the few good dribblers need to be taking you on, regardless of where they are on the field... As you never really see a good dribbler mid pitch, taking on my defenders.. they all pass it off too quickly and try best they can to get it close to goal, before shooting. Increased dribbling and holding the ball would certainly revolutionize this game :)

I will say Konami, with this new exe, and Holland (made a new version for this 1.5.0.0 build), have definitely incrementally increased the variation and patience of the ai attack, to a much better spot then where it was a few months ago.... so it is improving. Now.. i have to play again.. maybe against Seville to see what happens.

Btw Hitanuk, what level you playing at??? Im on superstar... and seeing only few players cutting in a shooting (must be on the attributes card), but havnt played Legend for a while.. wonder if this improves it with the new build.

Last edited:
Playing tonight. Ajax v roma. Anyone want to explain what this is all about lol.. Over 300 games played and today I saw a player put his fingers up to his mouth to smell them??

I can't upload the video as its mp4 however I've kept it as it was so random lol
Do you mean that cutscene after a match where players are talking to each other while covering their mouths with their hands?

Totally agree regarding Messi... only played a few games so far, but yeah.. he still passes (even if they are good passes) too soon.... and never really dribbles and takes players on like in real life. He does take shots as soon as the chance presents, which is good, but the dribbling is something that needs to change.

Been playing Hollands mods for some time, and with all the awesomeness it has, including the ai being way more patient and not being so damn direct all the time, the biggest issue is how all the players of the AI generally pass too soon.. never holding the ball long enough. I think to make this pes2021 so much more realistic, is 1. players holding the ball much longer before passing, and 2. the few good dribblers really taking you on, regardless of where they are on the field... you never really see a good dribbler mid pitch, taking on my defenders.. they all pass it off too quickly and try best they can to get it close to goal, before shooting. Increased dribbling and holding the ball would certainly revolutionize this game :)

I will say Konami, with this new exe, and Holland (made a new version for this 1.5.0.0 build), have definitely incrementally increased the variation and patience of the ai attack, to a much better spot then where it was a few months ago.... so it is improving. Now.. i have to play again.. maybe against Seville to see what happens.

Btw Hitanuk, what level you playing at??? Im on superstar... and seeing only few players cutting in a shooting (must be on the attributes card), but havnt played Legend for a while.. wonder if this improves it with the new build.
Top player, Fuma since new patch. I was on SS with a mix of manual shoot and PA1 but TP manual seems the sweet spot for me

They've deffo tweaked a few things. Seen some different animations, couple of totally different goals and seems a bit easier to beat a man now, which is nice.

Good update, nothing - touch wood - seems to have been ruined by it. Usually these updates add one thing and take away 2 others!!

Back
Top Bottom