eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

I mean, you presenting mods and patches they made for free and made by other authors. And you are collecting money because of the monetized video with the work from the community modder for free.

This is for my choice a little bit of direspectfull because only the modder authors should be to donated or something for his work on graphics, scripts, 3d models or something.
And not money for a video.

But only this is my point of view.

I mean, you presenting mods and patches they made for free and made by other authors. And you are collecting money because of the monetized video with the work from the community modder for free.

This is for my choice a little bit of direspectfull because only the modder authors should be to donated or something for his work on graphics, scripts, 3d models or something.
And not money for a video.

But only this is my point of view.

I'm guessing you don't watch much YouTube then? It's not like he's selling the content, he's reviewing it and giving his own thoughts and opinions

Already well responded by @Badger Mushroom , but just to add a few extra words:

Fwiw, i really enjoyed the video above by @The_Knight (and several other videos by him). It is well put together, and that is no small effort in itself. As for the money comment, i think it is rather misplaced here. If a mod maker takes an issue with their mod shown in a monetized youtube video, then fair enough that modder can contact the video author and discuss it directly with them. I hope that does not happen though, because quality content is rare, and it takes work and discipline and a bit of talent too - to make something worth watching. If that work gets rewarded with a bit of ad revenue, then that‘s money well earned. (He even disabled the ads for the embed here, so really not much to complain about, is there?)

Ok if it's ok for you then I didnt say something about nothing. Sorry for offtopic. :YES::II

Hey guys, I ranked all the mods available here on PC. Enjoy the best version of PES!
Yet another great video man, I wish I was as skilled (and as patient) as you while doing this.
I usually collect the footage, start putting it together then there always comes a point in which I say "nah, not worth it" and discard everything. 😆

What gets monetized is not the mods here. It's the time and energy spent recording, putting the clips all together, putting his thoughts pen to paoer (no way one could improvise a video like this) and then recording them with such a good/professional sounding voice.
I mean, hearing the video commented with his voice alone is worth the price of watching a couple of ads. 😄
And as he pointed out... You won't get served ads if you watch it from here... So, it's basically 100% free for you both in terms of money and in terms of time spent watching commercials.

Is PES2021 worth a buy for someone who owns PES2020... or, now that enough time has passed, is it just a roster update (rather than a gameplay enhancement)?
Thanks!

Is PES2021 worth a buy for someone who owns PES2020... or, now that enough time has passed, is it just a roster update (rather than a gameplay enhancement)?
Thanks!
Some gameplay changes, better than 20, worth a buy if low price. Don't hope for huge improvements!

Is there anywhere I can find just plain, generic shitty badges? I'm making a completely custom league and teams from scratch and I hoped like on the older games there'd at least be a load of generic badges to choose from. The only option it brings up to is import but even then, I just want some shitty badges. Any ideas?

Thanks!

If you're playing offline, it ''feels'' different to last year in the way it plays, for the better. I only picked it up myself over the weekend for a tenner. As usual, it's not worth much more than that but it definitely plays better than 2020.

Reactions: #71
I recreated the upcoming last 16 of The Champions League using The VirtuaRed Patch, @Lewpop's & @Holland's gameplay mods, and special thanks to @Hawke for granting me early access to The Finale 21 Istanbul ball. If it wasn't for these patches and the experience on the PC, I can't imagine playing this as much as I have - This was a lot of fun to make!

While The Champions League may suffer setbacks & reschedules in the real world, We recreate all 8, 1st leg fixtures of the last 16 stage, With PES 2021!

I recreated the upcoming last 16 of The Champions League using The VirtuaRed Patch, @Lewpop's & @Holland's gameplay mods, and special thanks to @Hawke for granting me early access to The Finale 21 Istanbul ball. If it wasn't for these patches and the experience on the PC, I can't imagine playing this as much as I have - This was a lot of fun to make!

While The Champions League may suffer setbacks & reschedules in the real world, We recreate all 8, 1st leg fixtures of the last 16 stage, With PES 2021!

Cool stuff Marlon as always.

I haven’t touched pes 2021 for months until the other day. I was wondering if any modders have found a way to mod the tactics at all?

For me, the biggest issue with this game is the tactical rigidity. I was thinking, for example if we could remove the limit of midfielders in the formation screen then we could almost place our whole lineup as various kinds of midfielders which would create a more compact, compressed field.

I feel players wouldn’t be continuously running (as far) to their set ‘marker’ on the pitch. It could (and probably would) create some other issues but could be worth a try. Player roles are far too rigid in the behaviour and positioning of the players.

@Anth James I think one of the hopes for Holland's gameplay was to tighten the midfield battle, compressing the space between the two defensive lines. You can try that; I haven't played it enough to fully tell the difference, though.

@Anth James I think one of the hopes for Holland's gameplay was to tighten the midfield battle, compressing the space between the two defensive lines. You can try that; I haven't played it enough to fully tell the difference, though.
I’ve given some of the latest gameplay mods a try, some help a little in various ways, but in my experience with modern pes nothing has properly been able to override the tactical focus. The best way so far to improve is via tactical settings. @Matt10 posted a video which has some great suggestions and I've been playing with that in the last few days.

I'm looking at to build on these suggestions via man marking. This seems to be the only way to actually get players to move into areas of the pitch you want them. My thinking is to try using it's rigidity against itself - which can work but can also create more issues so it's seeing if there's a sweetspot. Can’t say I’m confident but I'll come back with some results...

Last edited:
I’ve given some of the latest gameplay mods a try, some help a little in various ways, but in my experience with modern pes nothing has properly been able to override the tactical focus. The best way so far to improve is via tactical settings. @Matt10 posted a video which has some great suggestions and I've been playing with that in the last few days.

I'm looking at to build on these suggestions via man marking. This seems to be the only way to actually get players to move into areas of the pitch you want them. My thinking is to try using it's rigidity against itself - which can work but can also create more issues so it's seeing if there's a sweetspot. Can’t say I’m confident but I'll come back with some results...
After doing some tests, the man marking option can be great in moments, but it breaks down too easily.

For example, the best way to get your defenders to actually sit AND STAY higher up the pitch is to have them man mark the CMs from the other team. It isn't logical obviously - but it does get them to a better position on the field. Unfortunately it presents its own problems at times which is why it isn't really a solution. They don't just mark the CMs all the time, it generally means they just sit higher, the problem is they're not really focused on other threats and that's where it breaks down.

Another problem area is the runs of the strikers. They just make too many long and direct runs and this prompts the AI to always play the long ball over the top. Having your striker man-mark the opposition striker for example can be quite good in moments because it properly gets them down the field and more into midfield. The benefit of this is when they inevitably make that run forward, they have longer to run, so it takes a little bit of the directness out of the play. The problem is they're just a little too deep sometimes - and they're ultimately still making that crazy run.

From my perspective what I see is the rigidness creates two big problems - and they're linked to tactics/player role.

1. AI defence sitting too deep (the usual suggestions don't fix this - I've tried).
2. Strikers sitting too high (and making way too many long, direct runs).

I really feel the best chance of fixing this is to have a mod which lets us create our own formations without the position restrictions. If you could play your striker as an AM and your CBs as DMFs I suspect you'd see a properly condensed pitch with more resistance and most importantly better/more realistic behaviour. We have mods for everything else, surely this has to be acheiveable!?

Last edited:
It's strange how the entire opposition team reacts to your movement instantly. If you just stand still with the ball the opposition will pretty much stand still too. As soon as you move forward a little the whole team backs off, backs off, backs off right until the edge of their box and then they'll hold shape. I wish that 'settling point' could be much higher. I think a misconception we all have is that the lines need to be compressed, and while I think that is true to a point it's more the retreating of the whole team which is the real problem. Less movement is needed all around. Strip it back.

It's strange how the entire opposition team reacts to your movement instantly. If you just stand still with the ball the opposition will pretty much stand still too. As soon as you move forward a little the whole team backs off, backs off, backs off right until the edge of their box and then they'll hold shape. I wish that 'settling point' could be much higher. I think a misconception we all have is that the lines need to be compressed, and while I think that is true to a point it's more the retreating of the whole team which is the real problem. Less movement is needed all around. Strip it back.
Yeah I came to realise something similar a while back as well, the defensive team shape is influenced by so many things and is almost entirely reactive. Massive adjustments to the base team shape even in the dt18 don't actually result in much actual change, and you can actually define that setting point that you referred to. The problem is that there's just too much overlap with other parameters, there are whole sections of team-based and player-based settings for both marking and covering which all seem to take precedence over the base team shape settings. This, also in combination with Tactics, Advanced Tactics, attack levels and so on. It really is a mess :LOL:

Yeah I came to realise something similar a while back as well, the defensive team shape is influenced by so many things and is almost entirely reactive. Massive adjustments to the base team shape even in the dt18 don't actually result in much actual change, and you can actually define that setting point that you referred to. The problem is that there's just too much overlap with other parameters, there are whole sections of team-based and player-based settings for both marking and covering which all seem to take precedence over the base team shape settings. This, also in combination with Tactics, Advanced Tactics, attack levels and so on. It really is a mess :LOL:
It’s such a strange one, and you’re spot on - it’s a mess. By adding more and more they’ve actually created a more basic game in lots of ways. In terms of variety, AI behaviour, etc.

Do you know if lots of those options you mentioned can be ‘turned off’? On the FIFA files you could set things to 0 sometimes to get rid of them.

@Lewpop did you try to mod the modeMatchup section of the match_constant.bin?
The following is the structure of this section:
//gk_entry Address 13296 (17 12608)
nan //playerPosNo
32 //playerPosTable
nan //restartPosNo
176 //restartPosTable
0 //padding
0 //padding
0 //padding

//playerPosTable//
270.0 //enemyAngle
10.0 //enemyDist
90.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
200.0 //enemyAngle
10.0 //enemyDist
90.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
340.0 //enemyAngle
10.0 //enemyDist
90.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
270.0 //enemyAngle
25.0 //enemyDist
90.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
200.0 //enemyAngle
25.0 //enemyDist
90.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
340.0 //enemyAngle
25.0 //enemyDist
90.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
270.0 //enemyAngle
5.0 //enemyDist
270.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
240.0 //enemyAngle
5.0 //enemyDist
270.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
300.0 //enemyAngle
5.0 //enemyDist
270.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist
If you see there three groups of values and in each one you find values of enemyDist (i presume is the distance.from kicker dist, the player with the ball). Values of enemyDist go from 10 then 25 then 5 in groups of three. What you can try is to reduce these values (e.g. fro 10 to 7 from 25 to 15 and leave value 5 as it is. Dunno if that could be a solution. Who knows? But you can try. Good luck my friend!

It’s such a strange one, and you’re spot on - it’s a mess. By adding more and more they’ve actually created a more basic game in lots of ways. In terms of variety, AI behaviour, etc.

Do you know if lots of those options you mentioned can be ‘turned off’? On the FIFA files you could set things to 0 sometimes to get rid of them.
Would have to experiment a lot more but it's a good shout to be honest.
@Lewpop did you try to mod the modeMatchup section of the match_constant.bin?
The following is the structure of this section:
//gk_entry Address 13296 (17 12608)
nan //playerPosNo
32 //playerPosTable
nan //restartPosNo
176 //restartPosTable
0 //padding
0 //padding
0 //padding

//playerPosTable//
270.0 //enemyAngle
10.0 //enemyDist
90.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
200.0 //enemyAngle
10.0 //enemyDist
90.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
340.0 //enemyAngle
10.0 //enemyDist
90.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
270.0 //enemyAngle
25.0 //enemyDist
90.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
200.0 //enemyAngle
25.0 //enemyDist
90.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
340.0 //enemyAngle
25.0 //enemyDist
90.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
270.0 //enemyAngle
5.0 //enemyDist
270.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
240.0 //enemyAngle
5.0 //enemyDist
270.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist

//playerPosTable//
300.0 //enemyAngle
5.0 //enemyDist
270.0 //kickerAngle
3.0 //kickerDist
If you see there three groups of values and in each one you find values of enemyDist (i presume is the distance.from kicker dist, the player with the ball). Values of enemyDist go from 10 then 25 then 5 in groups of three. What you can try is to reduce these values (e.g. fro 10 to 7 from 25 to 15 and leave value 5 as it is. Dunno if that could be a solution. Who knows? But you can try. Good luck my friend!
Interesting, I have tried playing with the values in modeMatchup before but never found any positive effect. I will give it another shot, thanks for the suggestion!

Transfers are added each Thursday through live update, this week they should bring them up to date till 5th-6th February from what I've seen on the pesmaster site.

I rrad this, also:
Update (18/02/2021)

We have applied a patch during the 18/02 maintenance that should improve the following Team Play Lobby issues:

・Unable to start a match properly
・Unable to complete a match properly

As an apology for this issue, we have sent 30,000 GP to all users that have completed the myClub tutorial by 18/02 02:00 (UTC).

We apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused.

Original Post (12/02/2021)

We noted the following issues in the Team Play Lobby:

・Unable to start a match properly
・Unable to complete a match properly

The cause of the issue is currently being investigated.
We apologise sincerely for any inconvenience caused.

Back
Top Bottom