eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

Hey mates,

im trying to get 4k to work, but cant seem to get it. Im running PES 2020, but technically, i understand its the same as 2021. When i run settings.exe, there is just no option for anything higher than 1920x1080. I know that i can set it in Geforce Experience, but i dont want to use that, it just messes with my graphics settings of all games installed and i dont like it. Any ideas?

Hey Scriptonami, ah sorry Konami, thanks for the awesome scripting!

It makes no difference which team is the opponent. In every Match you play against Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, M'bappé, De Bryune and so on. And no, I don't play FUT ah (what was the name of the same crap made by you?) sorry I forgot.
I only playing ~ 9 games in friendly, cups and leagues mode Singelplayer for sure. And yea...

Thanks for nothing Konami! 🖕:FAIL:

Hey mates,

im trying to get 4k to work, but cant seem to get it. Im running PES 2020, but technically, i understand its the same as 2021. When i run settings.exe, there is just no option for anything higher than 1920x1080. I know that i can set it in Geforce Experience, but i dont want to use that, it just messes with my graphics settings of all games installed and i dont like it. Any ideas?
You need to change your desktop resolution to 3840x2160 then when you go into PES Settings.exe your resolution should appear.

Then change you desktop resolution back to what ever you had it as before & as long as you don't open your Settings.exe again, it should save your 4K resolution for you.

The settings.exe is flawed and even bugged. When you reopen it, it resets your display resolution & sound settings.

Hey Scriptonami, ah sorry Konami, thanks for the awesome scripting!

It makes no difference which team is the opponent. In every Match you play against Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, M'bappé, De Bryune and so on. And no, I don't play FUT ah (what was the name of the same crap made by you?) sorry I forgot.
I only playing ~ 9 games in friendly, cups and leagues mode Singelplayer for sure. And yea...

Thanks for nothing Konami! 🖕:FAIL:
Charles, good lad, whatever happened, i wanna know...

Where did you get that icon from?

:LOL:

Good god its been since PES2017 since I played football on PC - I just got 2021 2 days ago - first time ive launched a controller with PES (any footy game) since then - glad to be back to this, so many good mods and visually things are up to scratch - cant wait for the new engine next year - hello to any regulars or modders that remember last time I was here (I made pitch mods for 2017 among other things way back when).

Glad I took a break as now PES gap was worth the wait.

That should you know guys. :COOL::PP Look in the Smilies and scroll down. :)

My only problem is the referee rarely calling any foul. Tired of playing vs juventus to make it look realistic...
:LMAO:

Today I play a match with @Holland 's new Project GP in League mode PSG vs OM. And the CPU had 6 fouls and 3 yellow cards. In 11 Minutes playtime.

It's maybe not perfect because it could be more called fouls, but better then vanilla. :) You could try it.

I cant seem to see that ref is being that bad so far - but I am playing on -1 / -2 - I wonder if detection has more of a chance to trigger and detect on slower speeds than say 0 + ?

I cant seem to see that ref is being that bad so far - but I am playing on -1 / -2 - I wonder if detection has more of a chance to trigger and detect on slower speeds than say 0 + ?
So when you do this trap feint with R2 to the CPU, you are awarded with free kick?
(footage is from PES2020 but happens to me the same on PES2021 LITE)

They are CLEARLY. TED files, mainly for PS4. You import the Ted and they overwrite the EU and World classics.

From that spot I am not sure how they would behave, if you RELEASE Them cause the ML option for hidden/classic players is set to Off by default, and being a hidden value since PES2020.

So did NT do much tests. Just created a fake classic team over some fake clubs in PAS league and added them there, to be sure they will appear in ML.

Basically I did some console tricks when added hem, by exporting an AFC CL club Ted file, to my second ps4 account, imported them there and imported it to my main account. With this way I had both the default classics and the MC ones.

The philosophy is same with returning removed players by smutcheon tool. You just change the player ID to the one needed, go inside game, edit mode/player edit, and revert player to default, in this way he drains from the ID and reverts to what player the ID dictates.

But this is mostly a console trick. I can't tell anything on how this would react with the editing staff you have on PC.

What I can only confess is that I have those legends original in my console, while us in consoles have million less editing possibilities, with stats and gameplan miniface, all "offcial".

PD: for mantis modding, just Google "mantis modding".

Check in the attached screen Vieria, Screenshot taken by my video by my PS4. Since I can do in a console, I assume it is much more simple on PC.

Hi mate. Do you know how to edit the face & hair of Legends "official"? I can't find the ID folder of them. Thank you so much.

P/s: I'm playing on PC

Hi mate. Do you know how to edit the face & hair of Legends "official"? I can't find the ID folder of them. Thank you so much.

P/s: I'm playing on PC
Τhis is a PC editing related question. I can't help you unfortunatelly. AFAIK, the official hairstyle and facescans cannot be edited. You can only replace them with a face scan of yours.

But i am not sure, a PC guy here can reply to your question, better than me.

Reactions: hgk
Τhis is a PC editing related question. I can't help you unfortunatelly. AFAIK, the official hairstyle and facescans cannot be edited. You can only replace them with a face scan of yours.

But i am not sure, a PC guy here can reply to your question, better than me.

thanks for your reply. Maybe I'll make the new legends by myself :D:D

WARNING: Rant coming.

It's hopeless. I fell hopeless. There is no future for football games especially PES. There's no future for at least three reasons:

a) there's no money to be made from offline;
b) the developers are control freaks; and
c) the developers have no shame about cheating.

a) is reasonably self-explanatory* but just to expand on b) and c).

(b) You know you have a problem when you can't change the name of the Danish team OB so that you can create Bodø/Glimt (sure I could go to one of the other teams whose name I can change but I don't feel like it). Or you can't change a player's hair cut. Or do any of the complete inane things a person might like to with their own game for no reason other than they feel like it. If there's that level of ridiculous control off the pitch, off-the-line, effecting nobody but the player, what level of control freakery happens on the pitch?

And before people talk about licences, it's not about licences. There's no licence that requires Konami to prevent people from giving someone a different hair cut. It's a decision made by control freaks.

As to (c), it seems cheating is now such an accepted part of development that each year one of the main new developments offline is a new cheat. Like last year they decided to prevent players from doing passing headers. If you do a pass header they freeze the other players to prevent you getting the ball. For years now, the developers have had no shame in having a completely biased referee. And they've almost revelled in it like a sibling would. The CPU almost doubles down in its aggression just to prove that the ref is not on your side. A simple tackle, becomes an assault, for no reason other than to rub it in your face. The next minute you're penalised for a standing tackle where you clearly win the ball.

Take something as simple as a goal kick. The developers think it's acceptable to freeze your players to prevent them closing down. This is such a lazy thing to do. An alternative could simply be that the CPU takes a quick goal kick off the screen. That too would be cheating but it would also be realistic and wouldn't physically interfere with a user's ability to control his players.

In fact I don't have an issue with the cheating. I don't think it's possible to develop a competitive CPU on higher levels without cheating. I win most of my games despite all of the cheating. But once you decide to cheat then it should allow your creative juices to flow. Rather than the CPU defenders constantly having to go through the back of my players to win the ball, the CPU players can miraculously end up in front of the ball. iIt's still a cheat, but it doesn't involve changing the laws of physics (at least obviously).

Rather than undermining passing headers, the CPU could just be better at winning headers and stop giving the ball away so easily. The fouls thing is silly because actually it would be more challenging if the CPU was constantly disrupting your play with cynical free kicks. No need to change the laws of the game.

If you want to cheat. Cheat properly. But just give us back our freedom. We should be able to edit anything we like, any time we want, any way we like. In fact that could be a tagline for the next game. Forget about licences, just let us have our freedom back.

It's 2021 and PES and the other one really are poor excuses for football games. In 2021 there's a football game on the market without any penalties (my solution to this is to go back and look at the replays and award myself penalties (in my head of course) but the rule is I cannot change the result (just the scoreline).

* My imaginary solution to this is we move to a subscription model where the developer has an incentive to keep the game engaging offline for as long as possible. Also I would not be opposed to having real money change hands in the Master League. Anything to give some motivation to develop a half decent career mode.

** My actual solution is to use FM to simulate seasons and to only play games in Exhibition Mode.

Last edited:
Ok now that I've got that off my chest, can anyone explain to me how I can stop my full backs running infield when I have my team set up to play wide, maintain formation, and have my full backs as wide as possible in the formation???

It seems to mostly happen when the script is trying to make the game harder. Every time I try and go down the side my FB either stands back or runs inside and it kills my attacks. So I try the other side and so on and so forth. In those situations is there anything I can do to just make them stay wide?

** My actual solution is to use FM to simulate seasons and to only play games in Exhibition Mode.

I find that interesting.
I think that it newer PES games, the only way to play without a scripted outcome of the match is to play for PvP a Quick Match online and for PvE I start a exhibition offline match with two controllers then I put the one controller into the Coach mode.

How do you exactly do the Football Manager season simulation ? Is there a way to just enter results for a match ?
I have never played FM but I do own the 2016 version.

Funny face of Hulk in miniature

hulk.jpg

During Exhibition, my game crashes at half time unless I reinstall the game. Started happening a couple of weeks ago.

During Exhibition, my game crashes at half time unless I reinstall the game. Started happening a couple of weeks ago.
And? Thanks for this post sound very interesting. :D

Sorry, but if you want help, you should feed us with more information. Like: what for system specs from your PC, which Mods/patches do you use, GPU driver up to date, which screen (and resolution) and so on...

So, we can maybe help you. :)

Half time crashes are caused by tunnel & entrance mods. Search in editing area for that because I know its been answered & fixed many times

Edit - it can also be the scoreboard You use, try disabling scoreboard for that game and see if You can continue without crash.

Last edited:
And? Thanks for this post sound very interesting. :D

Sorry, but if you want help, you should feed us with more information. Like: what for system specs from your PC, which Mods/patches do you use, GPU driver up to date, which screen (and resolution) and so on...

So, we can maybe help you. :)

I have a Intel Core i7 10750H 2.6 GHz GTX 1660Ti. I have Scoreboard server, Stadium server, Ref Kit Server, Entrance, Entrance Fix Tournament anth_tunnel, Ball server and trophy server installed. I also have Vanilla Deluxe graphics mod installed. GPU driver is on 461.09. Reupdated yesterday. My screen runs at 1920x1080 at 144 Hz

I have a Intel Core i7 10750H 2.6 GHz GTX 1660Ti. I have Scoreboard server, Stadium server, Ref Kit Server, Entrance, Entrance Fix Tournament anth_tunnel, Ball server and trophy server installed. I also have Vanilla Deluxe graphics mod installed. GPU driver is on 461.09. Reupdated yesterday. My screen runs at 1920x1080 at 144 Hz
Thanks for telling us this.
So did you have with other games crashes? It could be the power saving mode.

If not, make a ; befor every Sider module/Server in your Sider ini so you can try play a friendly match by checking one by one to find the error wich Server or Module made the crash.

Maybe the post from @superleeds1 number 476 help also and its possible that an outdated module like a scoreboard or entrance/tunnel made the crash.

Half time crashes are caused by tunnel & entrance mods. Search in editing area for that because I know its been answered & fixed many times

Edit - it can also be the scoreboard You use, try disabling scoreboard for that game and see if You can continue without crash.

Yes, it could be the scoreboards. This did not start happening until I started using the new 2021 FA Cup scoreboards from Spursfan18

Yes, it could be the scoreboards. This did not start happening until I started using the new 2021 FA Cup scoreboards from Spursfan18

Seems to just be a FA Cup scoreboard issue. I have tried multiple scoreboards, every one of them crashes my game. My Premier League scoreboards and others run just fine

Back
Top Bottom