eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (PC)

Why are set pieces so screwed in this game? I feel like they swapped the difficulties for free kicks and penalties. I can score two free kick goals in a match (which I already did in my current ML) and then go and miss two penalties in another match (also happened in my current ML).

I think I'll try to watch some video to help with penalties because I can save them fine, but scoring them is another thing entirely.

EDIT: Apparently the problem is that I was using a keyboard, and penalties on the keyboard are apparently almost impossible. I'm gonna be honest: I don't like playing on the controller, I'm used to keyboard, I can play just about anything on my keyboard, so I found an old controller here, plugged it in and I'm just gonna use it for penalties.

Last edited:
Apparently, the referee in the game doesn't think this ball went out.
qgGaOMx.png

Hi guys, wondered if I can get some help, please?

I am usually a PS5/PS4 player so please excuse the noob question.

I have decided to give PES 2021 a try for the PC via my Shadow PC - specs here for Boost https://shadow.tech/specs/

It plays GTA V perfectly but PES 2021 is quite stutterery. Any ideas how I can fix it for smooth gameplay?

Thanks!

Hi guys, wondered if I can get some help, please?

I am usually a PS5/PS4 player so please excuse the noob question.

I have decided to give PES 2021 a try for the PC via my Shadow PC - specs here for Boost https://shadow.tech/specs/

It plays GTA V perfectly but PES 2021 is quite stutterery. Any ideas how I can fix it for smooth gameplay?

Thanks!

You have a good PC. Run PES from SSD, or defrag the HDD PES is installed on

Why are set pieces so screwed in this game? I feel like they swapped the difficulties for free kicks and penalties. I can score two free kick goals in a match (which I already did in my current ML) and then go and miss two penalties in another match (also happened in my current ML).

I think I'll try to watch some video to help with penalties because I can save them fine, but scoring them is another thing entirely.

EDIT: Apparently the problem is that I was using a keyboard, and penalties on the keyboard are apparently almost impossible. I'm gonna be honest: I don't like playing on the controller, I'm used to keyboard, I can play just about anything on my keyboard, so I found an old controller here, plugged it in and I'm just gonna use it for penalties.
I find it hilarious that free kicks are so broken that you could score them with a keyboard.

You could probably plug in a steering wheel and still score with out even trying.

I find it hilarious that free kicks are so broken that you could score them with a keyboard.

You could probably plug in a steering wheel and still score with out even trying.
Since I play on the keyboard, that doesn't bother me. Having my keeper get beaten in every free kick, though, is very infuriating, so now in all defensive free kicks where there's a high chance of direct shot, I use a tip I saw somewhere: I press L1 + R3 to change the cursor to the keeper and either defend the free kick manually or just adjust the keeper's position.

Since I play on the keyboard, that doesn't bother me. Having my keeper get beaten in every free kick, though, is very infuriating, so now in all defensive free kicks where there's a high chance of direct shot, I use a tip I saw somewhere: I press L1 + R3 to change the cursor to the keeper and either defend the free kick manually or just adjust the keeper's position.
Yeah thhsts true too, as I say, The free kicks are unbalanced & heavily biased towards the taker. I've found even moving my keeper like you mentioned doesn't always stop them either.

There's something about keepers just coordinating with strikes from set pieces in the Fox engine. They've always been very commonly scored since 2015 but on 20/21 it's pretty excessive to the point it just bums you out when it happens. Like when your neighbour starts playing loud music at bedtime. Might be good music even but the lack of principle of it deflates you & even makes you angry.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, i'm looking for a way to make players not retire or turn all players age to lowest so they don't retire early, there are more than 25k players so normal editing players age will take forever so mass age edit would be great, i don't know is there anything like that or close to that.

Thanks. Its running from ssd but still a really bad stuttering mess. Any ideas how to fix? It's a decent spec, with a GTX 1080 card.
1080 is fine for this game, not VERY great. Especially if you play on 1440p (and 144Hz).
Reinstall (or update your nvidia drivers) and update your Microsoft C++ packages (reinstall). Try setting the Vsync for the game to Enable 2 if 1 is already selected. If not fixing the stutter then reinstall Windows. If all that doesn't help you might have RAM or overheat issues.

still enjoying the game

EE3YTp-kXJFx3linE0ys1_z0n_3tHzYGIgfg5WKybwVqWF1DnrulVaFLeaEdTDl_gF4NoS0jXf3J7Ot9etGbs8ATkqyxB4sT4hfeXIuqQcpFWtm9buo-7fO2HmjGzz_akeyH7t3qKIRuYiFhUpd9Z_rFDWuRr0Dvl7uiFMfREdnXJ-uyjGX6Uu8Jm5r0s6AMWq5FKvTe_1bw3QAkKTMNqoxEbQw_FNSs8-K5lftsi09V6NFeao40AbmDl1hU-R-TbYIyH0cBGqt3mikZHw_VWZd6li_FoWrRVeEES_rtdw7SFtMWfOzK2cNDEfSwUYkSV5cPaZgfi2lJ6STLO7nfSuwYNpuzFwrR4Q-ox-gjKaMxbvAw4h8QYQYYLy1l2zMoe6hoh91Q1U3opulgCz_TBKgA0gCYIZCMhXMvUijemAkkjRbc1Mi2cjIQccPIqcgap8W3A5HDTWKiqpzgJtXtc6mpcZwVuMbUSSq8xV7QZQXPayvaNjU85Bdi_xY2EABw-Ne0KmD5x0l6f5AdvYi43NUQPiOBQ6ZhYVhU-v3xnZLSVv-6E6f_LFXLob3DD8ETvER5C_lrMjMYrOHPIhCZBySio088FXs2-ZABzvVpflRBf_ss0k4rPL6snl9VCz9NWGwkNryHabrhTD8yH_E25KG8Kl0MusOPYQ7uMH5L7cw15rER26sPBMHcQJpPruIzfWUe114WRPbEUXcViIjtP5c=w1280-h720-no
There's no denying, graphically, I think it's the best football game ever made.

At least - it is when the community gets hold of it. Every damn time.

I hate how we rely on our best and brightest to make the game look so good - and that we pay £60 for half a product. But also... Thank God for all the work they do.

I wasn't sure about sharing this because it's not even relevant to anything, but there you go.

Weird shit I do to make PES 21 look better to me while playing:

1. Lower resolution - For example, my monitor is 1366x768 but I play at 720p, why? Because I hate how sharp the vanilla game looks, also less definition can mask a bit the flaws in the game regarding animations and physics. The downside is certainly the interface, for example, the tactics menu, it took me a while to get used to blurry images and etc.

2. 30 fps - I really dig that whole talk about it looking a bit more like cinematic, or in this case, more like what I watch on TV.

3. Camera settings - This one is not really weird, but I actually like to zoom out, it works a bit like the "less definition" thing and it's also more playable.

4. Hiding most of the screen gadgets - I always hide radar and nameplates, but sometimes I go as far as to hide the power bar and even the cursor, of course, it makes it a bit less playable, but it looks better.

5. Always, ALWAYS white/plain balls - I don't want none of them weird-colored balls, I always go for ones like the La Liga one or stuff from the ball-server that looks good to me.

This is PES 2017 with a few tactical adjustments -
Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 Screenshot 2021.03.23 - 20.51.59.03.jpg

and this is PES 2021 with the exact same tactical adjustments -
eFootball PES 2021 Screenshot 2021.03.23 - 21.17.37.25.jpg

back to 2017 -

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 Screenshot 2021.03.23 - 20.55.26.36.jpg

and back to 2021 -
eFootball PES 2021 Screenshot 2021.03.23 - 21.17.27.79.jpg

I know you can't tell heaps from still images but look at the way 2017 shuts out the passing lanes so much better than 2021. The defence on 2021 gets so boring because it just always sits in behind the ball creating a wall - every.single.time.

Look at the radar for team shape. The width is far better, the attacking options are far better. Playing both right after each other it's so clear that the 2017 AI is following so many less commands as well.

@Anth James Yes the player positioning and team shape is a fiasco since 2019. I don't know what the hell they did but it isn't football.

It also leads to unnatural build ups for goals. How often on this game do you see the "magic pass" all the way from a centre-back directly to the strikers feet which bypasses this ungodly gap in midfield which as you say leaves him taking on a wall of defenders, Only to turn left or right and still squeeze in a casual strike low & hard because the game won't allow your defenders to move from their virtual podium to give the striker a head start?

Paolo Guerrero was very technical, but didn't score
09fnC2YjNeztWqIHXwSXCjT0Gdf0wQVdcD_30Cyb3JWg33psae1VEzRQhfkomixtYBc9tJdldfionAoUyHTGeSSCYAFbW5MHIwYCm7YyvJqeA8lMxhmHq-cvAXlRMMgjIWFAh_XSrVIUZeyOjvfHTWHCdPNS0KCM4WgeD0yBFrGzNXaH2MaJlzpMwu1xSIF6fzvHIAeXhtNIrEUjrArFR0GiLCGEHtB2F6GXHqLCSYfT8SeA3GxKHxDUGvNZEO2j1SjP0UmE_-uWSWKGhpOjN3rz4d98pQvx1IGfxFyMxC_y5eNFJETOr7gdKCYM20yvoHMdqc2_u9I_22F3lF2G2yM6qMrmEyKBGBndudCftlN1Fb6BDPmbVadq9D1anC3SiIPvNe2GWMn_sC5CpL7gLZ9vtrmgYETtWXvZdlIeWe4jQhhSQtwGixmhA_XOAgOv5PoDkR3rFc4RTcDOIzX2QIrIA-OTOcSA1P7LMIOdnMVir4djq5o3FtOBijgmq9qSUiqsHVvJUwIiAPmE00GJaWrkXA27aGeoO4UH0_O1QCmax0Ju0sAlSHW9gbyYUzfait8mOm9HvqaygNjYMhzav9XckG-OfZ7Agm9TiX1aaqbToDwxWR62VqWNsliossO7WBweNePaOnvZh7KlFjSlKKti9je0ul23M35EYUrf89QKsrHLMKe-7acOvsFTqKiSP20D0lksUpQPhLHS6tfVhNw=w1080-h720-no
:DOH:

just like to play Brasileirao :EMB:

Hi ! In my first season in master league, my game crashes after a semi-final FaCup match (Southampton(player) vs Fulham (com)). I've tried playing the game or skipping it, same thing happens : after the table results , bam return to desktop.

The problem didn't occur in the others FaCup matchs, but happened in a Premier League match against Fulham (once again), skipping the match resolved the problem that time.

What might be the origin ? A bug with Fulham team ?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

I got a new laptop. So obviously I grabbed PES 2021 and it's gorgeous in 60fps. Currently installing a massive patch. Forgot how much I miss playing PES on PC. It's legit been 7 years since the last time I did.

Hi ! In my first season in master league, my game crashes after a semi-final FaCup match (Southampton(player) vs Fulham (com)). I've tried playing the game or skipping it, same thing happens : after the table results , bam return to desktop.

The problem didn't occur in the others FaCup matchs, but happened in a Premier League match against Fulham (once again), skipping the match resolved the problem that time.

What might be the origin ? A bug with Fulham team ?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

i think this has got something to do with the 'dummy' players bug. my master league also crashes? anyone have a fix for this?

I need to ask now. What is it about this game that almost every game feels different ?

In master league one game can feel good, i can do dribbles, adjust fast, change players and everything just runs smooth. I exit the game, and the next time I load it up it feels like my players got like the heaviest boots of all time. I can't dribble at all, the ball feels so heavy, etc. It's not a question about team spirit or day form, since it happens so often and its with 95 spirit its good, 95 its very bad etc.

I tried different vsync setup, resolution, nvidia settings, launch options. Its so annoying. I am really enjoying the game when it runs smooth, but I end up spending so much time trying to figure out whats going on.

I need to ask now. What is it about this game that almost every game feels different ?

In master league one game can feel good, i can do dribbles, adjust fast, change players and everything just runs smooth. I exit the game, and the next time I load it up it feels like my players got like the heaviest boots of all time. I can't dribble at all, the ball feels so heavy, etc. It's not a question about team spirit or day form, since it happens so often and its with 95 spirit its good, 95 its very bad etc.

I tried different vsync setup, resolution, nvidia settings, launch options. Its so annoying. I am really enjoying the game when it runs smooth, but I end up spending so much time trying to figure out whats going on.
Sounds like the Script Is Yours Game. But no problem mate. @incas36 can help with his gameplay mod. Search him with his thread on the editing Pes2021 subforum.

Back
Top Bottom