Elite Dangerous: PC December 16th

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
Strange there isn't a thread! So it was available as an early access alpha/beta (at a very expensive price IMO). It is finally retail December 16th.

Anyone been on the alpha/beta? Or like me waiting until retail because of some of the issues with a lack of communication regarding singleplayer/campaign etc?

Watched a couple of videos this week that definitely whetted my appetite:

YouTube - 'Elite: Dangerous' Beta v3.03 - Interceptor (Flight Assist Off)
YouTube - Elite: Dangerous - Long Play - Wandering the Galaxy (60fps Test)

This is a must buy for me loved the original on the Spectrum, and will purchase when it comes out.

I don't think it has it's own thread as a lot of people probably didn't play the original.

I really wanted to wait to buy retail when it was released but just couldn't resist! Bought the beta access yesterday for 60 Euros which got me in in time for the gamma release yesterday, it's tough especially considering I haven't played a space sim for many years but it's very enjoyable! Using my DS4 controller as the extra buttons come in handy combined with DS4windows which lets you set up macros and various keyboard combos which is great.

Coming to Mac and Xbone, then PS4 (timed exclusive for the Xbone), doesn't seem to be a game that really screams "console audience" but hopefully it'll shift enough for them to finish the PC version ;)

Is this thread still active?! i am playing this again after the latest update on PS4!
It’s some fun! Huge, time consuming, but a lot of fun!
I added the Guardians of the Galaxy OST to my Spotify playlist on PS4!
Nothing better then starting from an space station with „hooked on a feeling“ over the stereo! :)

trailer for the lastest update:

and that new lighting model... awesome!!

Last edited:
I keep thinking about going back to it on PC but then think about how much a chore it is to set up all the commands on my DS4 controller so never do!

I keep thinking about going back to it on PC but then think about how much a chore it is to set up all the commands on my DS4 controller so never do!
See. I do this while playing. Started tuning my setup over the course of the game. Few hours in and you’ll have it all set up.
I am a freshman but it I have a buddy in voice chat who guides me sometimes. He‘s playing for some time now and knows a lot of stuff I don’t. Helps a lot.

It’s such a huge game and it is so beautiful! And there Is no stress or hectic (if I don’t want to). I can take my time with everything. Really like that.

I think the main thing that put me off last time I played (when it first came out) was that there's no endgame or anything, you just earn money, improve your ship, earn money, get a new ship, earn money improve that ship, ad infinitum, once that realisation hit me it just ruined the enjoyment! No idea if that's improved now with the various DLC?

Sure, that’s all part of the game. And there Is no „ending“, right. But what about exploring, trading, fighting, mining.... there are several games in one here, imo.

Then there are the fraction stories. I really like to read a lot ingame and with some imagination it’s a lovely „universe“!

I could not find the time to test that.
Doing some huge hooping towards some water planets for exploration. But I’ll look into mining on surfaces next.
I need more credits for a bigger ship (my third one). Then I’m good for s while exploring, maybe taking passengers somewhere, trading goods.
I might even get me a fighter ship one day because the battles (in asteroid fields for example) look awesome!

Haven't played it for ages, basically for the same reason I posted 2 years ago, keep meaning to come back to it though, just wish combat was free and not the weird combat mini game type thing they forced into it.

Back
Top Bottom