• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing sub-forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.
  • Site maintenance info: We got rid of the "Patches and Option Files" area and moved all threads from 2020 to their corresponding subs in the Editing area. Let me know if you're missing a thread or face any other issues related to this move. /Tom

england v scotland

W

wee_rab

As i am shure u have all seen that walter smith has asked for the scotland v england games to come back. Or a football 4 nations when there is no world cup or euro champ. I think it would be good what do u think

Vannizzlefashizzal

TWENTYTIMES!!!!
31 October 2002
wee_rab said:
As i am shure u have all seen that walter smith has asked for the scotland v england games to come back. Or a football 4 nations when there is no world cup or euro champ. I think it would be good what do u think
nah its a daft idea, it didnt even work when they had it, the only games people watched we're the england V scotland the other attendances were often shite.

L

loz

And who's it going to benefit? I cant see any of the home teams getting any use out of playing each other at 100mph, all the home nations need to play opposition that are going to improve them at an international level.

crayon

Champions League
23 October 2004
Japan
Liverpool FC
Can't see much point. Although it is good from an emotional standpoint, there's no point facing the same opponents all the time.

biker_jim_uk

International
24 November 2003
Man City
actually Scotland have been half decent last few times they played England. In the 2000 playoff they outplayed England for 178 mins over the 2 games and were done by 2 Scholes goals from just about England's only 2 shots

Vannizzlefashizzal

TWENTYTIMES!!!!
31 October 2002
biker_jim_uk said:
actually Scotland have been half decent last few times they played England. In the 2000 playoff they outplayed England for 178 mins over the 2 games and were done by 2 Scholes goals from just about England's only 2 shots
that must be worse from a supporters perspective, why play good against an overated england team then struggle against some country with a population of about 200....

Top Bottom