English football quality - Remember this thread?

bradley1886 said:
Way to stick up for Utd players...:thumbup:

So you think rooney's stamp on carvalho was intentional? And do you think the abuse and death threats towards ronaldo and his family were justified because he protested against a foul committed by a england player? Had it been any other player for a different team besides United I would have said the same thing and defended that player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course Rooney's stamp on carvalho was intentional alucard! How the hell can anyone still argue about that?! I understand it minutes after the game, but after all this time?! It's so funny to see denial :).

On the rest I agree with you.

Mauras said:
great, exacly what I think about english soccer.
I hate diving. I foamed from my mouth everytime Ronaldo dived in the WC.
But the thing is that the english fans exagerate on the quantity, influence and negative weight of "cheating". On the other hand I see english lads reacting to "cheating" in a much more violent way than they react to murder-like actions by ben tatcher or roney on carvalho on the WC.

It beats me.
cause portugese players dive a hell of alot more then english players violently foul there opponents... i mean you have to be kidding me about this argument, what has the portugese, italian, brazilian, argentinian, FA done about diving? or for that matter FIFA? nothing... what has man city done about thatcher

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=377109&cc=5901

exactly, did rooney not get a red card and a three match ban? what happend to the diving players of the country above, well one country won the world cup...... so if a player dives does a club review the video tape and ban that player? HELL NO... does an english club review video of a violent play by one of its players and ban them for a game or more? well apparently yes... thatcher didnt cheat, and you know why???!?!!?!??!?
cause he is BANNEND, he didnt get away with it... the diving cheats who dont get banned, are exaclty that, CHEATS. cause they do get away with breaking the spirit of the beautiful game..... no one punishes them, and no governing body seems to care if they fall around the pitch like a sniper shot them... thus they keep doing it, but acts like rooneys and ben thatchers are ISOLATED incidents, BECAUSE governing bodies CRACK down on those fouls... its called a deterent rule or law, so please spare me with your bullshit argument, its has too many holes in it...

Last edited:
I thought this thread needed a bump after yesterday's results.
I'm not gonna say much cuz the ENGLISH teams did all the talking for me. :lol:

Just popping into the thread to point out the results from yesterday. Must be a fluke though, given the general domination of English teams by Portugese ones...cough...

Just popping into the thread to point out the results from yesterday. Must be a fluke though, given the general domination of English teams by Portugese ones...cough...

RuneEdge said:

Don't you mean to say your PORTUGUESE player did all the playing for you?

RuneEdge said:

*High fives* :applause:

hey man, i think these posts are mostly for the arrogant mauras... oh yeah and last time i checked, saha and heinze arent portuguese.... ronaldo is but even his own countrymen booed him...

SPiTFiRE, MAURAS, airjoca and mIGUEL. -> Commit suicide

It's really a hummilation losing with a team like Man Utd. :s

Potato Waffle said:
Frio para fora do Miguel. Deixa para fazer o amor?

Your portuguese is class man, like this man:
ugly-kid-fat-boys-stupid-looking.jpg

Last edited:
csaunders said:
hey man, i think these posts are mostly for the arrogant mauras... oh yeah and last time i checked, saha and heinze arent portuguese.... ronaldo is but even his own countrymen booed him...

They ain't English either... ;):)

airjoca said:
They ain't English either... ;):)
wow bro, you used the word ain't, that came across really intresting to me. That is a southern united states word, i know i will post the word arse and shite around here, but hats off to you, for using a great word in amerian slang, i like that :)
makes me feel like im in an america football forum for a second

Erm, okay well linguistics aside, bottom line is that this thread took a lot of trouble to point out England CLUB teams failing against Portugese clubs recently (though it ignored general trends, such as United's record of 1 loss in 5 against benfica, but we'll forget that) and so on a day when two English clubs beat two Portugese clubs, you've gotta expect a quick reply. In much the same way as if Benfica and Porto had won, people would be on here slating English sides. Just the way it goes.

Oh and I hardly think Ronaldo won us that match. For some odd reason as a winger he was absolutely determined to run from the right side of the pitch to the left, about 10 feet outside the penalty area. He might have gotten there too if those 8 players he tried to take on weren't in the way. I wonder what was so interesting over on the left? Maybe that's what Rooney was trying to figure out too...

Ronaldo made diagonal runs from the wing to the middle. I do that all the time in PES. And Ronaldo won you the match because he was the one playing with heart and intensity, the others followed.

And he's Portuguese, so i gotta praise him ;)

I can’t believe the two results over the Portuguese teams, unbelievable. Well sarcastic as it may have been it was only intended for one man, the part time Portuguese member of this forum. I also see the human joke of a footballer managed to score a goal to add this round of CL shocks. Add this to the fact it was a quality goal and one half of a brace, makes the situation even more unbelievable.

Last edited:
Cloud1863 said:
I can’t believe the two results over the Portuguese teams, unbelievable. Well sarcastic as it may have been it was only intended for one man, the part time Portugal member of this forum. I also see the human joke of a footballer managed to score a goal to add this round of CL shocks. Add this to the fact it was a quality goal and one half of a brace, makes the situation even more unbelievable.
who would that be?

And still Mauras is right....English teams are underachieving considering the fact that teams like Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal are amonst the richest sports clubs in the world...English teams should win the CL every year...i've said this countless times...most people who have revived this thread are not objective...

To say that isn’t exactly the case, the thread in itself is not objective. Sure it is easy to say that English teams should be winning the CL every year but that isn’t football. How many favourites win the World Cup? Maura’s' point has not had any true constructive criticism other than to take a stab at the Premiership and the fans around it. He has anything in his direction due IMO, weather it be constructive or not, the first is more preferred.

Back
Top Bottom