English Football - Starting to doubt Mourinho's achievements

Status
Not open for further replies.
beachryan said:
From what I've seen of Portugese football they have a very effective tactic against English sides:

Act, play act, whine, cheat, dive, and hope for a lucky goal. The EPL teams just don't know how to deal with it.

Club team football maybe, mainly because many players from your teams cost as much as many starting 11's from the Portuguese sides.

National teams, we just beat you because we're better.

I don't like Mauras. Too many words, not enough information. You sound like a blabbering junk on acid. No one understands you, no one wants to. You're the living example of what emptiness can do to a man. You're nothing. Sorry.

If you are unable to cope with the ideas why bother to reply only to admit that? Better off to some pub, have a pint and forget about these lammer intelectuals trying to discuss things with so much "text" in between! :)

PS - We already realised your a sad racist on your previous remark, why bother showing us other limitations of your intelect? Still haven't figured out how you go unpunished after your previous remark about portuguese in these forums.

fd1972uk said:
Ahh right, now I get you...........in other words you mean Mourinho's a dick. :lmao:

FD

Lol not exacly :). He becomes a bit of a dick sometimes (one famous one was in his last year in Portugal, when he came to play Sporting CP and after a lucky 1-1 draw was so angry to have been outplayed instead of overdominating that he shreaded a Sporting CP shirt ton which a Sporting cp staff member was trying to get some autographs...

but other than that I admire him, I think he is a true great in his area.

The fact is that I truly don't understand this attitude of english teams in europe... specially because the recent past against portuguese teams is loaded with examples of how english clubs dearly pay the arrogant approach...

Benitez really deserved taking even more than 1, unfortunately that was impossible because it was such a poor mach that that was really the sole change in 90m for either teams.

Mauras said:
If you are unable to cope with the ideas why bother to reply only to admit that? Better off to some pub, have a pint and forget about these lammer intelectuals trying to discuss things with so much "text" in between! :)

PS - We already realised your a sad racist on your previous remark, why bother showing us other limitations of your intelect? Still haven't figured out how you go unpunished after your previous remark about portuguese in these forums.

'Limitations of my intelect'? If you want to play the "intellect" one, at least spell the word right dude!

I don't see how anyone can make conclusions just from a couple of games. I also can't see how anyone can simplify the meaning of football down to the fact that a team beating another fully justifies them being better.

I'll be the first to say that last season, AC Milan were by far the better team in the final. But we had the passion and drive at the end - and that won it for us. Even now, I wouldn't say that the current Liverpool side is better than Milan's - but its getting there ;)

Also, you have to look at the background details. We have played an extraordinary amount of games and we couldn't afford to risk losing our best player to injury (Gerrard had a knee problem). Sissoko had to be substituted early due to a horrendous tackle thus affecting our game plan. Benfica are also having off field problems so maybe the Champions league was something they were thriving upon to ease the other issues. Also, we're doing ok in the league and domestic cups unlike Benfica and had our minds on that. Its also especially difficult to retain a European cup having won in it in the fashion we did last year :D.

I'm not going to use these as excuses but what I will say is that football ain't so simple - especially in a game of such importance.

Football is much more than some random stats collated over the years. Form doesn't always count - look at Arsenal-Real for example.

I'll have to admit that I'm not Mourinho's biggest fan - but thats because of the rivalry with Chelsea. Other than that, I rate him a lot. Contrary to belief, its not easy having a multi million pound team. There are the pressures and expectations, and I think Mourinho has handled it well. Its also difficult to maintain a team's hunger when they are winning so regularly. Also, the way that he fits in and improves players (i.e. Joe Cole) is highly commendable.

Although they lost yesterday, Mourinho has shown his brilliant tactics and motivations skills in nearly getting a result from a nearly impossible feat. 10 men against arguably the best team in Europe + Ronaldhino ain't easy. Sure, he constantly moans and sometimes his teams can be boring to watch - but he gets the job done and there is no hiding his talent.

I rate Rafa higher tho :p

Last edited:
joostebrood said:
I don't like Mauras. Too many words, not enough information. You sound like a blabbering junk on acid. No one understands you, no one wants to. You're the living example of what emptiness can do to a man. You're nothing. Sorry.

I'd say that's a good definition for "Sporting fan". Trust me. :)

joostebrood said:
'Limitations of my intelect'? If you want to play the "intellect" one, at least spell the word right dude!

The intelect is not expressed by how we correctly express in a foreign language. I can see you got my point, I'm sure you cannot express any valid point in any other language than english, and even in english it's obvious that you recently can only express sad thoughs and flintstone remarks :). That last part is a about "intelect", the first part is more about "culture and education levels".

Airjoca:
deixa de ser parvo. Estes gajos dizem mal dos portugueses e tu ainda perdes tempo com essas palhaçadas sobre Sporting e benfica? isto já ultrapassou isso.

rockykabir said:
I don't see how anyone can make conclusions just from a couple of games. I also can't see how anyone can simplify the meaning of football down to the fact that a team beating another fully justifies them being better.

I'll be the first to say that last season, AC Milan were by far the better team in the final. But we had the passion and drive at the end - and that won it for us. Even now, I wouldn't say that the current Liverpool side is better than Milan's - but its getting there ;)

Also, you have to look at the background details. We have played an extraordinary amount of games and we couldn't afford to risk losing our best player to injury (Gerrard had a knee problem). Sissoko had to be substituted early due to a horrendous tackle thus affecting our game plan. Benfica are also having off field problems so maybe the Champions league was something they were thriving upon to ease the other issues. Also, we're doing ok in the league and domestic cups unlike Benfica and had our minds on that. Its also especially difficult to retain a European cup having won in it in the fashion we did last year :D.

I'm not going to use these as excuses but what I will say is that football ain't so simple - especially in a game of such importance.

Football is much more than some random stats collated over the years. Form doesn't always count - look at Arsenal-Real for example.

I'll have to admit that I'm not Mourinho's biggest fan - but thats because of the rivalry with Chelsea. Other than that, I rate him a lot. Contrary to belief, its not easy having a multi million pound team. There are the pressures and expectations, and I think Mourinho has handled it well. Its also difficult to maintain a team's hunger when they are winning so regularly. Also, the way that he fits in and improves players (i.e. Joe Cole) is highly commendable.

Although they lost yesterday, Mourinho has shown his brilliant tactics and motivations skills in nearly getting a result from a nearly impossible feat. 10 men against arguably the best team in Europe + Ronaldhino ain't easy. Sure, he constantly moans and sometimes his teams can be boring to watch - but he gets the job done and there is no hiding his talent.

I rate Rafa higher tho :p

great post mate:applause: :applause:

rockykabir said:
Also, you have to look at the background details. We have played an extraordinary amount of games and we couldn't afford to risk losing our best player to injury (Gerrard had a knee problem).

That's what I don't understand.

What's more important at this point for Liverp? You are completely out of the title challenge and surely FA isn't more important than CL, both in financial and sporting terms.

If Benitez couldn't afford risking Gerard why the hell did he play him in the final minutes of the game? Wasn't that also risky? On the other hand why launch a Fowler recently arrived when he had other well routined options, Crouch for aerial style (the one he played) and Cisse for quick counters (which he played in the end). It was obvious that fowler is still looking for a place in the tactics and Morientes showed dispair several times on the lack of playing connectivity between the 2.

Putting it simple: BLUFFitez thought it was going to be simple, just like "sir" Alex though in 2004 against Porto and just like he thought once again against Benfica...

English teams deliver the best spectacle in EPL but boy are you guys (managers, ofiicials, players) arrogant when facing european teams...

beachryan said:
From what I've seen of Portugese football they have a very effective tactic against English sides:

Act, play act, whine, cheat, dive, and hope for a lucky goal. The EPL teams just don't know how to deal with it.

Which proves Mauras' point, namely that the English teams are tactically not very mature (Chelsea proved that yesterday against Barcelona by the way)...

Of course Portugal has proven in both matches against Greece that they are tactically very, very mature...but that's off-topic i guess...

Of course we want to do well in the ECL...but I've see it being something which you can never guarantee. Whether anyone wants to deny it or not, a little luck is required for you to win it as well as having an amazing team. You can't advise the directors in a board meeting to rely on luck all the time ;)

A real sign of progress is the league. Or course we aren't gonna win it, but a strong finish will be a clear indication of our improvement. A FA Cup is a cup we can realistically win to help morale at the end of the season.

Gerrard had an injury which Benitez rightfully didn't want to risk. He played at the end so that he can give us a little hope of getting a result with the reduced luck of getting injured. As I have also mentioned, Sissoko going out early was a huge blow as he has been playing well for us this season. We would love nothing better than to win the ECL again - but sometimes you gotta accept that luck ain't gonna favour you all the time. Anyway, lets put things into perspective - it is only the first leg. Lets see what happens to us in Anfield ;)

I wouldn't get started on our forwards as it is even a mystery to us all as to why they can't score considering our dominance in the midfield. That is worth another thread altogether - but its something I know Benitez is gonna solve.

Benitez is an excellent manager. For anyone to doubt his risky decisions should take a look at the tactics he has used over the past few seasons. I also don't understand why you are questioning SAF's title...he's got the badge from the Queen and all to prove it :p ;)

rockykabir said:
Of course we want to do well in the ECL...but I've see it being something which you can never guarantee. Whether anyone wants to deny it or not, a little luck is required for you to win it as well as having an amazing team. You can't advise the directors in a board meeting to rely on luck all the time ;)

A real sign of progress is the league. Or course we aren't gonna win it, but a strong finish will be a clear indication of our improvement. A FA Cup is a cup we can realistically win to help morale at the end of the season.

Gerrard had an injury which Benitez rightfully didn't want to risk. He played at the end so that he can give us a little hope of getting a result with the reduced luck of getting injured. As I have also mentioned, Sissoko going out early was a huge blow as he has been playing well for us this season. We would love nothing better than to win the ECL again - but sometimes you gotta accept that luck ain't gonna favour you all the time. Anyway, lets put things into perspective - it is only the first leg. Lets see what happens to us in Anfield ;)

I wouldn't get started on our forwards as it is even a mystery to us all as to why they can't score considering our dominance in the midfield. That is worth another thread altogether - but its something I know Benitez is gonna solve.

Benitez is an excellent manager. For anyone to doubt his risky decisions should take a look at the tactics he has used over the past few seasons. I also don't understand why you are questioning SAF's title...he's got the badge from the Queen and all to prove it :p ;)

it's not worth trying to argue

as far as mauras is concerned all english teams have no respect for portugese teams and end up getting beat because of it

as far as i can tell he has no understanding of the game, he doesn't understand that teams are capable of raising their game and going by his logic juventus, chelsea & milan had no respect for us last season, greece had no respect for portugal in 2004 and you could say the same of any upset in football

the only true measure of any team is their performances in a league, cup football has always been littered with upsets but it hasn't got anything to do with disrespect (most of the time anyway) fact is shit happens, teams don't perform for whatever reason, have no luck or decisions go against them

Sorry guys but...

Mauras, eles podem ser arrogantes, mas tu ao usares o Benfica como escudo só o estás a humilhar, quem ler o que escreves pensa que o Benfica é um clube das destritais e o Sporting é campeão do mundo.

Mauras said:
The intelect is not expressed by how we correctly express in a foreign language. I can see you got my point, I'm sure you cannot express any valid point in any other language than english, and even in english it's obvious that you recently can only express sad thoughs and flintstone remarks :). That last part is a about "intelect", the first part is more about "culture and education levels".

Airjoca:
deixa de ser parvo. Estes gajos dizem mal dos portugueses e tu ainda perdes tempo com essas palhaçadas sobre Sporting e benfica? isto já ultrapassou isso.

Like I said before, a blabbering junk on acid. I don't like you.
You didn't even see my first post in this thread wasn't even serious, but yet you call me a racist. You're wrong here Mauras, very wrong. I'd go as far as saying I've never seen a man do something wrong the way you just did. I actually woke up today crying.

Sorry guys,

Mauras, quando quiseres defender o futebol Português, não chames patético ao campeão nacional, como já te vi fazer muitas vezes neste fórum. E estas threads de "a minha pila é maior que a tua" nunca vão a lado nenhum...

Joost, daar dit item blijkbaar toch een soort toren van Babel is geworden waarom niet wat Nederlands...twee dagen verder vind ik de Live CD van Eels grote klasse...hij was in New York duidelijk beter in vorm dan in Brussel (niet dat het daar slecht was)...Weet je wat ik ook een dijk van een plaat vind: de nieuwe van Thé Lau...GVD die man is goed...

Hou je haaks...

Ik heb goede dingen gehoord over die plaat, ik zal hem eens gaan beluisteren.
Eels is waanzinnig, ik heb de cd in de auto vaak op. Schitterende melancholie.

Sorry guys...............

'See that Jose Mourinho character, if a bumped intae him in the street I'd gie it "Hol, Jose your a pure fud, your are ya dobber", then I'd stick the heid oan em and then I'd finish it aff wae a swerve boot tae the baws. And see when he's lying there pure screamin and aw that I'd say "Jose, gie's a gobble".

FD

A wee beet scottish in this thread FD...i once read Glue and Trainspotting in Scottish...took me 50 pages to get used to it and then i managed...but i'm afraid i don't understand much of what you write...sounds rather violent i must say.

:mrgreen: LOL.............you should watch a comedy sketch program called Chewin the Fat, that'd have you understanding our banter. :mrgreen:

FD

fd1972uk said:
Sorry guys...............

'See that Jose Mourinho character, if a bumped intae him in the street I'd gie it "Hol, Jose your a pure fud, your are ya dobber", then I'd stick the heid oan em and then I'd finish it aff wae a swerve boot tae the baws. And see when he's lying there pure screamin and aw that I'd say "Jose, gie's a gobble".

FD

This may be the only time I laugh with you at something you say instead of at you :P or FD ya bawbag that hing ya just said was pure magic man yur no always a totall rocket;)

LOCK THIS THREAD PLEASE! It is crap. Also guys, please remember this is Evoweb.co.uk - not a Portugese foorball forum.

I didn' read the entire thread.
He lost his FIRST game home (in 50) and people start to doubt mourinho's achievements. Dominating the EPL says something.

ninja, just because it's evoweb doesn't mean we can't discuss PT footie. Although the thread is not the correct one.

Last edited:
joostebrood said:
Mauras, I want to challenge you to a mudfight. You and I, both naked, covered in oil.

:D
so that was the plan behind all this agressivity towards me! :)

Cloud1863 said:
This may be the only time I laugh with you at something you say instead of at you :P or FD ya bawbag that hing ya just said was pure magic man yur no always a totall rocket;)

:mrgreen: ;)

FD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom