English Football - Starting to doubt Mourinho's achievements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joost I will not comment anymore your racist posts and your fucking arrogancy. Lamers like you, would be banned!

@ninja. I thought Portuguese was you 2nd language! :shock: :lmao:

sorry for the incovenience of remembering this issue but I had to update the "it's all a big coincidente" stat:

2000-2006
CL - Porto knocks Manchester out
CL - Benfica knocks Manchester out
CL - Benfica knocks Liverpool out
UEFA - Sporting knocks Newcastle out
UEFA - Sporting knocks Middlesborough out
Portugal beats England in Euro 2000 and Euro 2004 (in fact the last time england won against us in a competition was in... 1966 since we also had britbut for breakfast in WC 1986)
[/quote]

My veredict?
As much as I love to follow EPL my conclusion and only be one of two:

A) Portuguese clubs are incredible teams hidden on a anonymous league
OR
B) EPL teams are a bunch of overrated institutions that play spectacularly against eachother but that are 80% marketing and 20% real quality soccer.

Guess what the rational option is.

Congrats to Benfica for silencing the "european champions", well deserved overall result against a team with maybe a double budget, when compaired. Funny to see portuguese fans claiming for Arsenal as a "lucky draw". It really says all about how low english clubs are regarder over here.

English club? Easy win ;)

;)

Congrats. One more for the bag of "lets spank the hell out of BritCom.

cup winners cups

england 8 portugal 1

uefa cups

england 10 portugal 1

champions cup

england 10 portugal 4

world cup

england 1 portugal 0

see a pattern?

Pelintra said:
Joost I will not comment anymore your racist posts and your fucking arrogancy. Lamers like you, would be banned!

@ninja. I thought Portuguese was you 2nd language! :shock: :lmao:

This is horrifying to say the least. This 18 year old kid comes on to call me a racist? I've been a member of this site since 1987 and you come here dissing it out to the old and respected? How dare you kid! If I was your father I'd have spanked your bum-bum. I'd have put off your trousers and smacked my warm sweaty hands on your behind over and over again.

Wanna get an easy game? Draw with the english it's just the same. :)

Mauras has a point when he says that English teams are tactically immature, but once again he has selective memory...first he forgets about the way he and other Portugese people on this forum moaned after a tactically superior Greece won twice against a tactically very immature Portugese team and now he forgets to mention the fact that not only Liverpool went out, but also Chelsea...oh and what's the nationality of Chelsea's coach ??? oops Portugese...

But on the other hand i share Mauras' feelings that most English people tend to overrate their league, teams and national team...

Gerd,

You won't catch me saying Benfica's wins were quality wins. In fact in my opinion the only quality game benfica had with english teams this year was the away group stage game at Old Trafford, were Benfica started well and Manchester also did well on the second half.
The home game with Manchester was one of the worst games I've seen in CL (although Benfica couldn't do better, not only because they haven't been playing that well this season as also they were playing almost a complete reserve tem) but it even got worst in the home game with Liverpool, that one a true "gem" from both teams, with the goal as sole goal ocasion in 90m.
In this game Benfica was very lucky and from what some benfica friends told me (I didn't watch the full game) Benfica scored 2 out of 3 ocasions they had so I give you the "GREECE" theory all along, you're right.

My point isn't that these wins have been top quality, although I consider Porto's win against Manchester 2 years ago an excellent display (in the home game Porto could have scored a couple more goals and decide the round) and Sporting wins last year agains Newcastle and Middlesborough with "fat" results were also nice ones, although these 2 teams cannot be compared with Liverpool or Manchester (or can they? Saw newcastle kick chelsea out of FACup last year and Middles smash Chelsea 3-0 this season, when did Liverpool and Manchester did that in such style since Mourinho arrived?).
My point is that english clubs face european oposion with lack of care and respect, specially when those clubs come from "inferior" leagues. The lack of attention managers like Benitez or Alex Ferguson payed to the oposition style, tactics and players is the true example of that arrogance, which they payed dearly.

joostebrood said:
This is horrifying to say the least. This 18 year old kid comes on to call me a racist? I've been a member of this site since 1987 and you come here dissing it out to the old and respected? How dare you kid! If I was your father I'd have spanked your bum-bum. I'd have put off your trousers and smacked my warm sweaty hands on your behind over and over again.

But you're not my father, so STFU!

Stop writing bullshit all around, you look like 40 years old virgin looking for pussy. As I said before, you're a fucking racist and a dutch freak.

How does it feel your envy agaisnt Portuguese people?

050805_17.jpg

FD

Pelintra said:
But you're not my father, so STFU!

Stop writing bullshit all around, you look like 40 years old virgin looking for pussy. As I said before, you're a fucking racist and a dutch freak.

How does it feel your envy agaisnt Portuguese people?

I like the part where you say that I'm a racist and a Dutch freak. That really hit the nail there. I also love your agression. It's pure and I can see you're not frustrated at all, you're an 18 year old kid ready to conquer the world and all I want to say is: go get 'em son!

Joostebrood: C'mon, please stop hiding behind your internet-ego allready. All u ever seem to do is spitting out utter nonsense which does not contribute to anything, in any way. As a fellow dutchy im starting to feel a little bit ashamed to be honest.

Mauras: Dont let these guys get to you. U took the effort of starting a healty discussion, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yea well i dont wanna sound like Ghandi here but this forum could use some of its solidarity back. I remember it used to be here?

A healthy discussion? oh you mean sayin our english teams are crap and that we are easy to beat? Call that healthy? I call it stupid!

DJ

Yes, i call that healty. And you know why? Because he has a certain view on things and took the effort to explain us why he has this view.

If u dont agree then dont mingle in the discussion. What you are doing i call easily provoced.

djdavedoc said:
A healthy discussion? oh you mean sayin our english teams are crap and that we are easy to beat? Call that healthy? I call it stupid!

That was not the point. The point was that English teams become easy to beat due to their arrogant approach toward continental soccer. The fact that EPL games are so "interesting" and teams have so much money doesn't necessarely mean that english clubs are that good. A lot of marketing all around it. EPL teams don't have the sucess they should have in Europe when we face EPL as one of the top 3 leagues in Europe.

PESV said:
Joostebrood: C'mon, please stop hiding behind your internet-ego allready. All u ever seem to do is spitting out utter nonsense which does not contribute to anything, in any way. As a fellow dutchy im starting to feel a little bit ashamed to be honest.

Mauras: Dont let these guys get to you. U took the effort of starting a healty discussion, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yea well i dont wanna sound like Ghandi here but this forum could use some of its solidarity back. I remember it used to be here?

Dude, if there's one thing I don't ghave it's an alter-ego. I'm sorry, but it's just too funny to make fun of people who take this whole thing actually very serious. I also think it's strange you feel ashamed, so my next question would be: did you have a happy childhood?

I agree with PESV. I believe that all Dutchmen are racist, it makes me ashamed to be English.

Last edited:
Mauras said:
sorry for the incovenience of remembering this issue but I had to update the "it's all a big coincidente" stat:

2000-2006
CL - Porto knocks Manchester out
CL - Benfica knocks Manchester out
CL - Benfica knocks Liverpool out
UEFA - Sporting knocks Newcastle out
UEFA - Sporting knocks Middlesborough out
Portugal beats England in Euro 2000 and Euro 2004 (in fact the last time england won against us in a competition was in... 1966 since we also had britbut for breakfast in WC 1986)

My veredict?
As much as I love to follow EPL my conclusion and only be one of two:

A) Portuguese clubs are incredible teams hidden on a anonymous league
OR
B) EPL teams are a bunch of overrated institutions that play spectacularly against eachother but that are 80% marketing and 20% real quality soccer.

Guess what the rational option is.

Congrats to Benfica for silencing the "european champions", well deserved overall result against a team with maybe a double budget, when compaired. Funny to see portuguese fans claiming for Arsenal as a "lucky draw". It really says all about how low english clubs are regarder over here.

English club? Easy win ;)

Or maybe instead of your two posible conclusions, maybe its just because Portugese football has a style that counters the English style easily. That doesnt make them better. For example, Chelsea have lost a few times in the league so far but that doesnt mean those teams are better than Chelsea.
If Portugese teams can beat English teams then fair enough, but we can argue that English teams can beat many more others teams compared to the Portugese, which explains why we've been more successful in the history.

ok youre fine joostebrood, i did some better reading and i see now u didnt deliberately provoced the portoguese, allthough u could of guessed the reaction.

I just tried to shake u awake a little. U are a long time member on this forum and it seemed u started to think u can get away with anything.

Ive had a happy childhood yes, thankyou. Maybe thats why i dont really get why people would start dissing eachother on a internet forum. That and the fact that i recently been seeing alot of bob ross videos.

joostebrood said:
I like the part where you say that I'm a racist and a Dutch freak. That really hit the nail there. I also love your agression. It's pure and I can see you're not frustrated at all, you're an 18 year old kid ready to conquer the world and all I want to say is: go get 'em son!

Get a blow job your stupid 15 years old kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom