13178652_1339543526070059_2628976721956687217_n.jpg

13243842_1339546052736473_602653365502697286_o.jpg

13239148_1339550902735988_6988340336309186324_n.jpg

13220688_1339543936070018_2552117337058540077_o.jpg

13254706_1339543682736710_4799103471080601019_o.jpg

13240736_1339544259403319_5535312112103867344_n.jpg

13235535_1339543582736720_5670773151993752718_o.jpg

13198500_1339543939403351_7997403546495388952_o.jpg

Leicester looked pretty good yesterday, I don't think they're going to fade like they 'should'.

Defensively solid and play conservatively. Then when they need to score, they can:
1. Hit it long to the really fast guy part one - Vardy
2. Hit it long to the really fast guy part two - Musa
3. Have giant men in corners
4. Have giant men in long throws - which feels new to me from them

Basically, they've taken the annoyingly effective British methods of scoring goals, stuck em all in one team and can defend with 9 men the rest of the time. It's brilliant.

a little bit off topic but i want to ask why there is a word proper in the almost each round of the fa cups matches....
such as First Round Proper , Second Round Proper etc....
what is the meaning?

Basically means the start of the competition.

Before the 'First Round Proper' there are around 6 rounds where amateur clubs try to qualify.

1.Liverpool losing at home was unexpected 'shocking ,but welcoming'
2. Mutd can only throw their hands up...they scored all goals and edge it, to share the spoils. Well done to Rooney. I won`t be alive to see this tally over thrown.
3. MCvsSpurs best match of the day..it had it all! Sterling pushed from the back to throw him off was brilliant.I remember Ashavin pushed same way not given then either. For me MC were robbed (penalty for MC n red card for walker)
Spurs are a beast of a unit! The Poch effect is real.
MC has KDB \0/ Sane\0/ GJesus- what a debut \0/ Toure was flawless today!
4.Chelsea will wank their way to the title -_-

Chelsea simply are the best team.
As a Spurs fan i totally agree that City were robbed by the ref.
On the other hand, if City's defense would be like Spurs' defense, they would have won that match and the one against Everton, no matter referee errors...

I don't understand this team (with al ltheir money) doesn't buy decent defenders and a half decent goalkeeper...

Reportedly because his distribution is better than Hart's, jonney...
With the defense City has, i think you need more of a good shot stopper than a GK with good distribution.
It's all good and well to buy young promising players like Sané and Gabriël Jesus, but i think they would be much better off with a couple of decent defenders and a better dmf.

Bravo hasn't made any real bloopers, but many of the goals conceded most keepers save a percentage. They're saves after the fact you think 'decent save, expected'. He's obviously been a very good GK so I'm guessing at his age his spring has just gone a bit. He's small so if his spring goes it's basically like having a kid in net - which is what it has been like. His distribution - not just the technique of the pass but the body shape, composure, choice of pass etc. is very good still but it alone isn't enough. Hopefully we can use Hart to do a deal with Milan for Donnarumma or maybe give Gunn a chance next season, he has been brought up through the academy to play out from the back, he's also a decent GK from what I've seen.

I think we would have signed fullbacks in the summer had it not been for the Sane and Jesus signings but those 2 were probably deemed too high in potential to pass up on now and risk losing to another club in the summer. It has been reported here numerous times that we actually wanted Sane next summer, not last, but got him now to keep him out of an inevitable move to Bayern. His recent performances back the club up imo, he looks like he could become absolutely unplayable - in a Gareth Bale type way.

Maybe we'd be alongside Chelsea right now had we sacrificed those signings for defenders but in the long run we''d probably be left kicking ourselves as Sane and Jesus rip europe apart for Bayern and Real respectively.

I think our biggest problem this season has been our finishing anyway. Bar Spurs and Liverpool away, every game we have dropped points in we should have won comfortably. We're not talking about lots of half chances being missed, we're talking blatant chances. Part of why we get jittery defensively is because we fail to demotivate the opposition and with every chance missed we start thinking 'it's happening again', demotivating ourselves, despite monumental domination.

A statistical rep of just how wasteful we have been.

C37DJDRXAAEAQ1g.jpg

Backline isn't good enough, but we should be better off pointswise despite that.

"Hart to do a deal with Milan for Donnarumma "
Do you think ac milan's decision makers are that dumb............

Donnarumma will have only a year left on his deal in the summer, if nothing is agreed before then.
For where Milan are these days, Hart is more than good enough for them if Donnarumma isn't there. Milan haven't benefited from their cheating just yet

Cheating? Explain, please...
In the past we've had heroïc discussions when i said that Hart wasn't a top draw gk...you never agreed with me.

Well, he's certainly better than the GK's City currently have.

Having spent a crazy amount of money, City have a very unbalanced squad.
It's good to buy the Sané's and the Jesusses of this world, but you will not win silverware without a decent defense (and City need at least 4 defenders and a GK). And players like that (and KDB, Aguëro and others) will not stay at a club that doesn't win silverware...

The latest messing around with the coefficients, for 1 example.

Hart was a top drawer GK

We haven't lost a player yet. The squad is unbalanced but then the rebuild isn't done.

Last edited:
Ranieri sacked by Leicester
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39070927

Had no feelings towards LCFC but now hope they get relegated. His accomplishment deserves more than 25 PL games. Would they have sacked him if they had beaten Sevilla last night? A 2-1 loss wasn't a bad result.

He should have a statue outside the ground. How can they do that now after sacking him?

I fancied Leicester to make the Champions League final,just the way they were unfancied for the Premier title.They were set up nicely with Vardys away goal to scrape through to next round.
They will fail terribly now.This has got to hit the team badly.
What a foolish decision.

I have much sympathy for Ranieri. A very nice man.
But i think the Leicester board made the almost perfect decision (almost, because it comes late).
I follow 3 or 4 podcasts about English football and all of them have the same story about Leicester: Ranieri has completely lost the dressing room.

And when that happens it's the end for the manager, always...and rightly so.

One can't fire a squad of players...so the only sensible solution is to sack the manager.

I feel for Ranieri, but it was the right decision. I'm pretty sure that in a not so distant future, Ranieri himself will say that this was then only sensible solution.

Will it help? I'm not sure, but they have to try something to stop the rot.

I hope they stay up. I would like to see Palace, Sinderland and Boro go down.

Sunderland: because that club is flirting with relegation for years now. On top of that i just heard that the players went to New York for a week and that at the same time the club will sack lots of people who are working for them...that is shocking (listen to yesterday's Football Weekly).

Palace: i have nothing against that club, but Allardyce is a fraud and i t would be nice to see him go down...certaéinly after all the stick Hull got for appointing a foreign manager who does a great job. (Lots of English football fans have a superiority complex that is totally unjustified, also look at some reactions after Gent went through against Spurs...i'm a Spurs fan and i'm disappointed, but Gent is not a weak team and the Jupiler League is a better competition than most English think...we have 3 teams in the last 16 in the Euro League...give Belgian Clubs the budget of SPurs and they win the Euro League).

Boro: for years i wanted them to go up, but what do they add to the Premier league? Nothing, they are an utterly boring team.

I hope both Swansea and Hull stay up.

Funny how Liverpool became one of the most fearsome teams after all those years. On top MU seem to catch that flu Liverpool had for years.
They still never seem to keep a clean sheet, though - and Salah is no longer the player he was. I'd love to see Liverpool win the league, but I can't see it for as long as Man City are around.

They still never seem to keep a clean sheet, though - and Salah is no longer the player he was. I'd love to see Liverpool win the league, but I can't see it for as long as Man City are around.

What, two goals against Arsenal not enough for you? Yeah one was a pen but did you see the other goal? Salah is still the player he was, the opposition are just guarding him a little better now. And although Adrian is rarely at fault for the goals (as prone as he seems to be to making mistakes at the moment) I think the injury of Alison might have something to do with not keeping a clean sheet. Liverpool have still won 12 Prem games in a row, I wouldn't care if they conceded 3 each game, as long as they scored 4.

Whoever changed the rule about the ball striking the ref deserves to be shot in the head. What an exceptionally stupid rule change.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom