Eredivisie Thread

Re: Eredivisie Thread - AZ Champions!

lol every country has its reasons I guess. :p

But that means Dick is leaving Zenit, Gerd? Cuz I don't think he can do both or can he?

Yes, it seems Dick is leaving Zenith.
Zenith don't understand because he will earn much less over here...Advocaat simply wants to be closer to home, but is fed up with Holland (the commotion after substituting Robben in the EC 5 years ago).

it's being a great match between Feyenoord and Ajax so far. I'd definitely recommend you to watch the second half.

Lol never seen this thread. :P

Good match between Feyenoord and Ajax. Guidetti is a beast.

yeah, City seems to have hit the jackpot with him so far but I'm afraid he'll never make it there in Premier League knowing the case with City's player preferences.

Yeah, I agree. Twente actually signed him last summer, but City immmediately bought his conract back because Guidetti decided he didn't want to play at Twente. Shame for Twente, but atleast they have Luuk De Jong who scored a hat-trick today.

nemeth_rkc4.jpg

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xo...nlo-29-01-2012_sport?start=4#from=embediframe

Nemeth did alright. It was an important win for RKC, since RKC and VVV are both relegation contenders.

Yeah, great and shocking win by RKC. :)

Groningen at home are almost unbeatable, and RKC hasn't had a good record away from home, so it was a suprising win.

To bad that at the end of the season Németh will have to go back to Olympiacos :( Dutch league is much better place for young players and it seems like he could fit in very quickly and also its a good stepping stone for youngsters and i already can imagine him in Feyenord, Utrecht, Twente, Ajax or in PSV. He is a world class talent just a bit old after those many injuries over the years but he still can be a very decent striker.

OMG what a total idiot player on Feyenoor - RKC :O
Feyenoord awarded by a penalty, they player scored and took of his shirt under his celebrations while he already had one yellow card :D omg he is total nuts , he was sent off right away

Yep, shame for Guidetti and Feyenoord because he will miss PSV-away now.
Last year PSV - Feyenoord was 10-1.

He is very good, I hope he joins AZ Alkmaar in the summer. :)
Quite the character aswell. ;)

He's a decent striker, but I'm not sure if he's Bundesliga material. He is more like 2. Bundesliga level tbh.

i'm going to amsterdam this summer, what football related stuff would be nice to do while there? also, any good shirt shops? don't mind driving a bit either, going by car :)

I've been on an Amsterdam ArenA tour and it was pretty cool, the museum was nice. I found that there is a special walk in stadium tour, no need for reservations. It's about an hour and the guide can explain in English too.

I've also heard that Ajax Experience is cool, not exactly sure what it is but I think it's some kind of museum. It isn't near the stadium though, it's in the city centre. Here's a site you might want to chec out about it: http://english.ajax.nl/Ajax-Experience/Preview.htm

Ajax will have their first public training on June the 27th, although that might be a bit early.

The other club nearby is AZ in Alkmaar, about an hour away from Amsterdam.
They'll play a couple of teams for pre-season.. These are the teams they'll play against:

14 July: AZ - Istanbulspor (Undecided)
20 July: AZ - MVV Maastricht (Tuitjenhorn, not very far from Alkmaar)
25 July: AZ - Genclerbirgli (Hoorn, also not very far from Alkmaar)
28 July: AZ - Real Mallorca (Home stadium, the match is part of the AZ Fanday, that is why the tickets are free, but I think you need to be associated with the fanclub)
5 August: AZ - Fortuna Düsseldorf (Undecided)

The Eredivisie starts the 11th of August, and Ajax and AZ will play eachother in Amsterdam the first fixture. But I think it will be very difficult to get tickets, because you need a special club-cart to purchase tickets.

If you need more information about Dutch clubs tell me. ;)

i'll do that. just booked my hotel, pretty much in the centre, so getting around there won't be a problem.

scheduled the stay from 26.8. to 1.9. :)

Back
Top Bottom