Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine

ThomasGOAL

Retired Footballer
15 March 2003
France
Euro joy for Poland and Ukraine

Poland and Ukraine have been given the nod to host the 2012 European Championship.

Italy had seemed favourites to win the rights to host the competition, but Europe's governing body have opted to side with a joint bid from the two Eastern European nations.

Uefa president Michel Platini made the announcement at the City Hall in Cardiff, Wales on Wednesday.

The bid from Poland and Ukraine beat off competition from Italy and another joint bid from Croatia and Hungary.

Poland and Ukraine will stage matches in four venues apiece at the 2012 finals.

Gdansk, Poznan, Warsaw and Wroclaw are expected to host games in Poland, while Dnipropetrovsk, Donetsk, Kiev and Lvov are likely to be the host cities in

congrats to poland and ukraine. we didn't deserve euro 2012, in the end :(

8 votes for poland\ukraine, 4 votes for italy.

Thank GOD Italy didn't get it! With all the drama out there it would have been disgraceful if they did!

Congrats to Poland & Ukraine! :applause:

Thank GOD Italy didn't get it! With all the drama out there it would have been disgraceful if they did!

Did you know that Poland has huge problems with hooliganism and racism???? Probably much more than Italy...
And the two brothers who are leading Poland...do you know their views on things like homosexuality and abortion...
Do you know how much problem Ukraïn has...you should read the book about football in the East Bloc that has been published recently (can't remember the name of the book or the author, but i once started a villains thread in the football section of this forum - i mentioned the book in my first posting in that thread).

I hope the Polish and Ukrainian people real football fans enjoy the matches, but to be honest i smell troubles...this makes me think of the WC in 1978 in Argentina during the junta's regime...

PS: no hard feelings towards the Polish and Ukrainian people on this forum and 2012 is 5 years away...things could be much better by that time...but honestly i see Italy as a much more suitable country than those two...

Did you know that Poland has huge problems with hooliganism and racism???? Probably much more than Italy...
And the two brothers who are leading Poland...do you know their views on things like homosexuality and abortion...
Do you know how much problem Ukraïn has...you should read the book about football in the East Bloc that has been published recently (can't remember the name of the book or the author, but i once started a villains thread in the football section of this forum - i mentioned the book in my first posting in that thread).

I hope the Polish and Ukrainian people real football fans enjoy the matches, but to be honest i smell troubles...this makes me think of the WC in 1978 in Argentina during the junta's regime...

PS: no hard feelings towards the Polish and Ukrainian people on this forum and 2012 is 5 years away...things could be much better by that time...but honestly i see Italy as a much more suitable country than those two...

yeah, opposition to the killing of children before they are even born is a good enough reason not to let Poland have the EC:lmao:

I never said that Peter...
I was trying to make a reaction to El Diego's post.
The fact that Polish president and prime minister are against homosexuality and abortion obviously has nothing to do with football...
I was only using that to illustrate that they are very, very conservative...this could give problems during Euro 2012...for example in the way the police has to "maintain order" and that could be a reason to have doubts about Poland as hosts of a bigtournament with possible passion, drunk and disorderly and myabe hooliganism and extreme nationalism...i'm sure you can see my point????

I agree that the 2 brothers are trouble and source of laughter for Poland, and about hooligans and racism, its getting smaller, there is not as much of it as there used to be, of course if you go to 4-5 th league there are fights there and in first league sometimes, BUT EURO and the national team is diffrent, lots of people outside of poland say we have one of the best fans, they on;ly fight when their CLUB plays. So I think there should be no trouble, I know there was no trouble with fans on the WC 2006 and there were lots of polish people there since Germany is the neighbour of Poland.

I'm sure there wont be more trouble than on a diffrent Euro or WC

O'm only worried about building stadiums, roads, and stuff.
After Adam Małysz wins they were promising lots of new skijumping hills and ONE of them has just stopped building because of ground troble, I must say Polish people have trouble with building stuff, BUT on the other hand we have money and a time limit so we'll see

I hope you are right...and i hope you and your compatriots enjoy a fantastic tournament...

we did loose cause of our well known bad relationship with blatter (who expressed himself against italy as guest of euro 2012).
we did loose cause the man who represent us in uefa is the perfect representation of all the worsts aspects of italy (we kicked his ass out of italian federation, after calciopoli..... funny how uefa didn't do the same...:roll: ).
we did loose cause Surkis is a great diplomatic.
we did loose cause Lefkaritis (cyprus elector) had bad relationships with Johansson (who supported us for euro 2012).
we did loose cause we didn't vote for Platini months ago.
we did loose cause the electoral basis of platini was eastern europe.

we didn't loose coz of violent supporters, as poland situation, talking about supporters, is even worst.
we didn't loose coz of calciopoli, as poland is facing the same situation (just 2 weeks ago 2 polish teams were relegated for corruption).

i think that italy didn't deserve euro 2012, neither poland or ukraine, but nontheless somebody has to win, so hats off to poland and ukraine. we have nobody but us to blame for our loss.

this will be the chance to visit 2 of the few countries in europe i've never been before... and this will be a chance for me to visit the city that gave birth to the greatest man of the last century: Karol Woytila:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom