Eurogoals

Professor Nutmeg

ML Fanatic
3 July 2002
Master League
Anyone a fan of the great program that is Eurogoals? I know some of you are. ;)

Anyway, yesterday's episode was fantastic :shock: some real stunners, notably Valencia's David Villa scoring from the halfway line, Roudet's (Nice) stunning strike and for me, Cziommer's goal for Roda JC was pretty good too. There were a good few more decent ones, but these stuck out for me.

Last edited:
The legend that is Eurogoals has been one of the great constants throughout my adolescent and adult life mate!

Do you remember quite a few years ago they used to show the Turkish league and sometimes the top game from Greece too.

Dave Farrah and that other chap (Tim Caple is it?) are pure class and seem to have a footballing knowledge that shows the parochial Motson a thing or two.

The only thing I wish, is that it was a bit longer and featured a few more Bundesliga games as La Liga & Serie A highlights can be picked up on Sky & Bravo.

db

Yeah, i'm also a big fan of this show too. Started watching it back in 2003. Not sure when it started though.

And yeah, Tim Caple is a very good commentator, nice to listen too.

Also they used to show the top games in Austria too.

i am just wondering why they never pick any bundesliga or serie a (at least i think so from what i saw) goals for goal of the week? something do to with copyright whatsoever? i only saw portuguese, spain and dutch goals there...

Im not sure OPM, but they do seem to have a deal with Lazio to show their game highlights most weeks.

Also have you noticed that on occasions the goal of the week contender hasnt been shown in the actual show e.g. some anonymous muppet at RBC bangs one in from 40 yards!

db

OPM, they do normally show Bundesliga (they did this week and normally when i watch it).

The commenatry is quality, you just know he's doing it in one go as he views it. I agree with you Db, i wish they'd show every game in the leagues they're showing.

Every now and then they do show some smaller league or cup games. I've seen French and Greek cup games. I'm sure i've seen the Greek league before too.

Quality programming though. Gratuitous goal action :mrgreen:

Professor Nutmeg said:
Anyone a fan of the great program that is Eurogoals? I know some of you are. ;)

Anyway, yesterday's episode was fantastic :shock: some real stunners, notably Valencia's David Villa scoring from the halfway line, Roudet's (Nice) stunning strike and for me, Cziommer's goal for Roda JC was pretty good too. There were a good few more decent ones, but these stuck out for me.

You forget this one :
http://rapidshare.de/files/12740520/Zidane_-_Real_vs_Espagnol.mpg.html

I catch it now and then, not as much as I'd like.

I'm a big fan of Gazzetta Football Italia on Bravo, which used to be on Channel 4. I watch that every week, James Richardson has some very sharp satire. ;)

I love that program too, but it pains me to see Mr Richardson sitting in the Pantheon square (Piazza della Rotonda) sunshine or Piazza Navona, which were both a minute or two walk from where i used to live in Rome :(

Last edited:
joostebrood said:
I watch this program at times. It's good, the Dutch commentary is terrible though.

I think that statement goes for all Eurosports commentary. I can't believe how they can get away with it - I've heard better in PES :roll:

I always miss this when I'm at uni (no satellite), do you know whether anyone uploads them?

OPM said:
did they show last weeks bayern match on eurogoals? missed it!

dont think the programme was on at all last week mate, because of the olympics :(

Bob_Skeleton_3.jpg

db

I love Eurogoals ;). I only picked up on it last season, and I often forgot about it some weeks and missed it, but this season I've been able to Sky Plus+ it and now watch it every week. Essential viewing.

denirobob said:
dont think the programme was on at all last week mate, because of the olympics :(

ahhh crap nothing against olympics but damn they could really have kept this in program for those 2 weeks :(

I don't think it was on last week, was it? It's on right now... however I'm at work and I've missed it :(

It's repeated at 9am tomorrow though. Must remember to set it recording...

Back
Top Bottom