Everybody's Golf online tournies - Every Wednesday, 9pm

And Sarah's had the same problem I'm afraid, the router went into overdrive, she sends her apologies.

Lame! Just happened to me too! First time ever, and just as I was starting to play well too! Must be a bad night in computerland....

Yeh my connection went after the 5th or 6th hole on the 2nd round. First time its ever happened to me too :(

Mine too...:( It might be best if some else hosts next week as I would hate of that to have been my fault!

What did everyone think of the handicap experiment?

Here are the scores, I have also put down the proper scores w\o hc applied.

Okinawa 18 holes reg tee

With HC

aerisblue -20 (glad I don't have to play him again!)
reezellthia - 17
Clockender - 12
PS_FreNZee -10
TB Fan -8
Neil -7
Damo -4

Without HC

aerisblue -20
reezellthia - 17
Clockender - 10
PS_FreNZee -9
TB Fan -6
Neil -6
Damo +2

Good game guys, enjoyed it after I got my head around what was going on!!

:LOL: That was funny at the start of the match I was waiting for TB to start the game as he set up up the room, I was commenting "Let's go" and "Do it!". I then realised that in fact I was somehow the room owner and it was up to me to start the game! :lmao:

Sorry TB....

Clock, it was my fault mate. I set up a room, then thought maybe someone else had set one up so I left to see if there were any others. When I came back everyone was waiting! No idea how you got the room though!!?? Also, I only had Clock down as a friend so I couldn't lock the other guys out. I'll update that tonight.

In terms of handicaps, the auto option is a bit bizarre, they just give you a load of shots at the beginning. I think it might be best to play with that option off in future, and apply our own handicaps after each round. What do you think?

That way we can give everyone a more accurate h/c I think.

I'm also thinking of switching to the Advanced shot method. Does anyone of us use it already?

Still, really enjoyed that last night - even if it was total carnage at the start!!!

I think that the handicap system in game is a bit rubbish so using our own one would be better, if you don't mind woring them out of course ;)

I use the advanced shot method and find it easy once you get to know it. I can't use the traditional shot method!! This is the first Everybody's Golf game I've owned so just jumped straight into it on advanced shots.

With regards to the friends list, you can just set a game up as owner's permission. This means that we have to knock on the "door" and then you either let us in or not. My friends list is full at the moment so will have a play with it and add you when I'm next online, TB.

As much as I would like to use a handicap do you not think that adding a manual one on would just confuse matters? I am all for trying it though next week.

I use traditional method, stuck in my ways I guess. I have played EG initially on PSP, then PS2, and now PS3. In fact I am now playing EG2 on PSP, which is excellent BTW. I plan to play the whole PS3 game again using advanced when I have completed it using traditional. I am now 1 tournament away from the last level.

As much as I would like to use a handicap do you not think that adding a manual one on would just confuse matters? I am all for trying it though next week.

I thought it would improve Matchplay, but thinking about it, that's probably auto as well. I need to spend some time on this and see what is possible.

:COAT:

Hi Guys,

TB- you could have locked other out by restricting to to permission only. Funny how the only 2 strangers whipped us all I thought!

I'm not a fan of the handicap system at all. In principle, I agree that it makes it a more level playing field but the scores just seem to be mental. Someone was about -7 after the first hole!!! I'm blaming that for my woeful performance as my motivation just died!! (I did tell you all that I was just lucky last week though- everything was just homing in on the pin that night!)

As for game 2 last night, yeah Clock I noticed that you were hosting and hadn't realised- I was having a laugh about that!

Weird how the 3 of you got disconnected at once. (annoying as I'd actually form a little form from nowhere and was enjoying the game!). It was left with just me and Damo so we both just quit. Oh well, see you next week I hope.

Cheers guys

Neil (BIGMAC999)

I think that the handicap system in game is a bit rubbish so using our own one would be better, if you don't mind woring them out of course ;)

With regards to the friends list, you can just set a game up as owner's permission. This means that we have to knock on the "door" and then you either let us in or not. My friends list is full at the moment so will have a play with it and add you when I'm next online, TB.

Agree that using our own handicap syatem would be better but, as Clock says, would be a pain to administer. tbh, I'm not fussed about winning etc, just a good laugh. It's only PES that makes my blood boil when I lose (prob due to the lag!)

Agree about the owner's permission as I said above- sorry hadn't read your message PS-Frenzee.

Cheers

Neil

Agree that using our own handicap syatem would be better but, as Clock says, would be a pain to administer. tbh, I'm not fussed about winning etc, just a good laugh. It's only PES that makes my blood boil when I lose (prob due to the lag!)

Agree about the owner's permission as I said above- sorry hadn't read your message PS-Frenzee.

Cheers

Neil

I don't know spend all that time writing it and you don't even read it, lol ;))

I agree with what you're saying, Neil about the winning etc. I'm only there to play golf for a laugh with some mates, not bothered by who wins or loses it's all about the game.

Well I'm only in it for the money....

Were there any other game modes that I ballsed up last night? Got a feeling I picked a different game mode to usual (or am I talking rubbish?)

Incidentally, I'm not here next Wednesday.

That time of year already!? :((

I always miss the football in June, but by August I don't want it to come back!

I'm not about on Wednesday either (and if I did turn up I would be a dribbling mess!).

Sorry guys, I cannot make the first game this Wednesday for obvious reasons but SHOULD be able to make the 2nd round if you have one...

Ah, Steve McLaren extracting his revenge on English football!!

Back on the handicapping chat, how about if the better players are restricted to using amateur characters. Far easier to administer as the scoring will always be correct.

you didn't miss anything, mate. I was in the lobby from 8:55 until 9:20 and no one else turned up so I left, feeling all lonely :))

That's a shame (considering we had 8 last week). No matter, we will try again next Wednesday. I'm going to have a proper go at the advanced shot system on Saturday and hopefully unveil it online next Wednesday!

Well add me if your up for one next Wednesday. Not been playing it much but it would be better online than off.

Is there any way I can get it on this action?

Well add me if your up for one next Wednesday. Not been playing it much but it would be better online than off.

Of course chaps, we meet every Wednesday at 9pm on Floor 8 Lobby 5. Hope to see you there next Wednesday!

Add me on as a friend in PSN as this makes things a bit easier. my PSN is : Clockender

Nice to have some new blood! Clock has done all the intros - we're just doing strokeplay at the moment but we're planning some sort of matchplay comp when we have a settled number of players.

Not been playing it much but it would be better online than off.

The offline is ridiculously long - don't think I've done any of the top-level tournaments. Is it worth it? I guess I'm missing a few golf balls and clubs but is there anything else?

Nice to have some new blood! Clock has done all the intros - we're just doing strokeplay at the moment but we're planning some sort of matchplay comp when we have a settled number of players.

The offline is ridiculously long - don't think I've done any of the top-level tournaments. Is it worth it? I guess I'm missing a few golf balls and clubs but is there anything else?

Just more clubs\balls etc.

I am 5 tournies away from completion!

I have completed the single player, spoiler below:

You don't get anything too exciting for completing the single player, nothing that will make it more enjoyable online or if you play through single player again it's just a message saying congratulations

I have completed the single player, spoiler below:

You don't get anything too exciting for completing the single player, nothing that will make it more enjoyable online or if you play through single player again it's just a message saying congratulations

Ok mate thats fine, just want to be able to say that I have completed it, I can then attack the online part properly.

Back
Top Bottom