Everybody's Golf World Tour (PS3)

Re: Everybodys Golf- PS3

Dunno if anyone has seen this, but looks like the PAL version is moving closer...

2232945111_c597de35d3.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/01/31/hot-shots-update-advanced-shot-mode/

Has made me want to dig out my JAP version and have a go tonight!

Will Minna no Golf work in an unmodded PS3?

Yep, its region free.

Even the online works (and its frigging ace! The lobby system is the best in any game ever!).

Had some great games back in the summer against some of the AVF lads.

I've just got Tiger Woods (07) though, so that will take my golfing time at the moment...

If you wanna know anything about 'Minna' though, then just ask!

Yes mate, I'm going to take the plunge. Last time they dicked us around and this situation has a similar feeling.

I'll still be buying the UK version when it comes out, but I can't play the PS2 courses any longer. I know them better than my own garden!

Think I may follow suit T Butcher (the new Scotland coach!)- excuse my ignorance but where do I get the Jap version from? Presumably around the £40 mark?

Cheers

Neil

The new mode sounds good - 4 players on the course at once. 1 shot at a time (like offline multiplayer), but the rest of the players can walk around the course/chat etc in realtime.

Might be quite unique!

Its a great taster for the main game, must have played about 10 games! Getting to grips with the new shot method as well. Cracking stuff :applause: Can't wait for the game now, this demo just makes the wait even worse!

tbh- I'm a bit disappointed with it. The graphics dont seem to be any better than the PS2 game. Admittedly I only have a standard def tv, which is probably the reason why.

Tried the new swing a couple of times but went back to the normal method afte a couple of duff shots.

Played the Demo and I actually quite like this! its very simplistic and easy on the eyes. I think the graphics DO look better than the PS2 version....

are you playing on a high def tv?

are you playing on a high def tv?
Yep I am mate which if you werent using a HDTV it would explain why it doesnt look much better if at all than the PS2 version.....

The game is simplistic yet fun, Even the missus could play this. She isnt a serious gamer and this sort of game would be good for her as she has to sit and watch me play FIFA on the 360 all the time!

Yep I am mate which if you werent using a HDTV it would explain why it doesnt look much better if at all than the PS2 version.....

The game is simplistic yet fun, Even the missus could play this. She isnt a serious gamer and this sort of game would be good for her as she has to sit and watch me play FIFA on the 360 all the time!

My missus got well into Minna 5 - and she hates golf and not that keen on gaming!

The music and caddies were doing my head in on the demo - literally firing up MnG5 now so I'll see how it compares.

Ok - first of all without the music, this is 100 times better!

Secondly, the graphics are slightly better on the actual game (although I might be talking out of my arris...) but I don't think the course chosen is great for showing it off. All a bit hazy so that might be the problem.

Haven't had a chance to do much really (bit of a struggle to decipher the Japanese) but what I've seen I'm really enjoying. The par 5 3rd is your first chance to drive to another fairway, it's a good test though - lot's of risk and reward.

Very promising.

Last edited:

I'd be interested to hear what the online is like/what's the format etc. cheers

I'll try, although I'm usually fumbling around wildly. I need to have a look at the Jap translations.

From what I can make out, the 1P game is set up like the PSP version. You have various challenges to unlock clubs, balls, characters.

Can't get online - I get so far, then a black screen with white text. No back button option or anything. I have to press the PS button and quit.

My connection is ok though - can get to the PS Store etc without any problems.

Any ideas?

Online you can choose a character apparence (additional costume or accesories are unlocked with tournament win, special shot successfull, great shot (albatros, hole in one, etc..) , then you have 6-7 floor to chooose, each with approx 10 lobby in them. Each lobby can have up to 99 person if I remember right. Then each lobby have different type of tournament in them, last time I played the jp game, you could only join tournament from your lobby. There's tournament with different option like big hole, only with a character, 9 hole 18 hole, etc... Also you can create your own tournament but those arent ranked if I remmber right. In the one you create you can be up to 8 player and you can see the other player playing in that mode. Kidna need a keyboard to interact with people in this game. Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom