Everybody's Golf World Tour (PS3)

neil

League 2
30 April 2006
Does anyone know whether the PS2 game "Everybodys Golf" can be played online via a PS3??

I know it's not the most common game but I think it's excellent and would really appreciate it if someone would let me know. :)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Everybodys Golf- PS3

[Yes] it can.

There's a list of European backwards compatible games (CLICK HERE) and if it's on there then it should work online. It has a rating of 2/3 though, meaning that it has minor issues.

thanks Jack.

Yes, I've seen the compatability list but am wondering whether the minor issues may include the online function.

El Diego- supporting Man U like everyone else- yawn.

I don't think there's any online issues because I'm sure I've heard mates mention playing it online on a PS3, but I'm not 100%. Are there many games with online issues? And surely if it did have any they couldn't get away with saying that's a "minor issue" - online is a big thing for gamers.

yeah you're probably right but I'm not sure as I havent bought a PS3 yet. Never got round to hooking up my PS2 online.

Any chance of getting Kim Bauer's phone no?

Yeah sure, it's 07796if I had it I would keep it all for myself51. :)

Come on guys- someone must have played this game online on a PS3?? would be appreciated if someone could let me know.

thanks

I'm planning on buying a PS3, purely for Everybody's Golf (sad but true!). I'm going to wait till Xmas/January and then have a US colleague of mine buy one over there as they're only £250 (according to Amazon, anyway) but buy the UK version of the game as Hot Shots won't be out for a while in the US.

Is this a good plan? The games are all apparently region free, but are there any PAL/NTSC issues I need to be aware of? Any bumps in the road I haven't forseen?

@ Neil, whether or not you can play online via a PS3 I don't know, but after hundreds of visits to the EG PS2 lobby, there is never a soul to play against so I would give up on that avenue.

everybody's golf is the only reason i need to buy a ps3 - i still play it on my psp, even to this day and i imported it from japan on release day...

easily the best golf series out there, imho...

everybody's golf is the only reason i need to buy a ps3 - i still play it on my psp, even to this day and i imported it from japan on release day...

easily the best golf series out there, imho...

Get a ps3 then instead of that crappy cupboard your after ;)

Yes - the PS3 version is only out in Japan so far, but there are lot's of people online already who imported it from over there. The PAL version comes out in the next couple of months I believe.

The PS2 version has online, but I'm the only soul that ever appears there!

Minna no golf 5 can be played online with a pal ps3.

Don't like the new swing system, you have more power if you choose it, not very useful with medium caracter, useless with top caracter...

How do you mean? Do you have unlimited power ups or is there some button that adds more power?

A 40GB PS3 is coming out soon for £300 so I might just nourish that instead.

How do you mean? Do you have unlimited power ups or is there some button that adds more power?

you have to choose your swing system, the normal one and the new one.

for example with the same top caracter:

if you choose normal swing system / last level big air club --> 293 max power
if you choose new swing system / last level big air club --> 300 max power

The game work like the psp version for caracter xp, more you use a caracter better he is. ( 14 lvl max , if i remember right )

Like all other version you have limited power-up in game, more your caracter have xp, more he have power up.

The last power-up is for club, you must win club for all caracter class( if you win BIG AIR for medium caracter, you don t have it for top caracter )

Each club have power-up ( BIG AIR lvl 1 --> BIG AIR lvl 2 )

If you win a ball, you can use it with all caracter class.

You can use EASY mode, push START on the EVENT screen.

Heard a lot of people raving about this game. Might pick it up when it's released in English.

you have to choose your swing system, the normal one and the new one.

Cheers Hubneo - just seen a demo of that alternative swing set up. The putting looks lame.

I think I'll be sticking to the original swing. You can't beat a classic!

Snoop - even if you don't like Golf, you would very likely enjoy this. It's a little bit oddball, but a great game. Comes out here in November hopefully.

When I had my PSP Everybodys Golf was all I played on it! The PS2 version is good as well but I cannot wait to get this for PS3 (when I get a PS3!)

When I had my PSP Everybodys Golf was all I played on it! The PS2 version is good as well but I cannot wait to get this for PS3 (when I get a PS3!)

I'm in the same boat - I'm not shelling out for a PS3 until I see Everybody's Golf on the shelves.

Not a great deal of info on the internet which is a little worrying. If there is no sign of it in January (it is scheduled for November, not that that is a reliable indicator) then I may buy Minna no Golf instead. What I don't get is that it's massive in Japan but they've got a cruddy little website for Europe, and no news on it at all.

Lame.

Hey guys,

Not been on Evoweb for ages- pleased to see that there is now some interest in this, sure to be excellent, game.

Pro Evo, Everybodys Golf & GTA- the only games I care about!!!

Hoping to pick up my PS3 at last on Wed- I can wait for the games- not going to be another price cut for a long time now so may as well jump on the bandwagon right away!!!!!

Agree about the new swing system- dont like the sound of it- I can foresake a few extra yards to stick to what I know!

Not a great deal of info on the internet which is a little worrying. If there is no sign of it in January (it is scheduled for November, not that that is a reliable indicator) then I may buy Minna no Golf instead. What I don't get is that it's massive in Japan but they've got a cruddy little website for Europe, and no news on it at all.

Lame.

the game doesn't sell too well in europe, cos all the mugs here buy tiger woods when they SHOULD be buying this!

everybody's golf is the greatest golfing game there has ever been...

A few websites have a release date of 30 November, but not a sniff on the official Sony site.

Same old story....

after month of playing, for me:
MNG 4 > MNG 5 > MNG PSP

MNG 5 - :
- just 6 course, last course sux
- new swing system ?!? 75% to 100% power ?!?, impact too easy
- putting with new swing system ?!?
- old swing system too easy, less than psp but too easy
- Caracter ?!? too serious...
- Less fun than other MNG
- New dev team < MNG 3/4 dev team...
- alising...
- AI CPU caracter lag in VS like in old version
- No course for long range caracter

MNG 5 JAP 90% finish, on Pioneer PDP 427XD.

Back
Top Bottom