EVO 360 doubters Try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

supertom

I've got FIFA and PES on 360, and earlier I was really edging towards FIFA after playing it. I've been on FIFA all day and have enjoyed it. In fact thoughts of trading in EVO crossed my mind. HOWEVER, all thoughts of EVO being slow and lacklustre were vanquished when I popped it back in to play, right after FIFA. I was amazed to find my game improved immediately.

Firstly it didn't seem slow. In comparison the PS2 one, yes it looks slow, but compared to FIFA, it's only slightly slower than that, and you begin to also appreciate the pace of it is more realistic than PS2.

Secondly everything felt easier to perform because the control's are more intuitive, the AI better and with far more depth in gameplay. Suddenly players are making runs without you holding a button down, and 1-2's come off as easy as pie. Passing quicker, crisper and shooting more intuitive. I had struggled so far to really get going on ML, but my first post fifa game was a 3-0 win.

Suddenly my PES is looking a lot better, and the depth is evident. Indeed the main gripe, being the pace, is now looking less of a problem. Quick players will outstrip defenders as always. The game is more rewarding.

I like FIFA and I'll play it a lot, because of the licences and because this one actually has a learning curve unlike previous instalments, but I'm guessing that a week down the line, Pro Evo will have had more gametime.

Bir random here, but if you want to know how little control you actually have over players on pes6 then try this:

Go into training with any team and stay on free training, and make it so you get corners when you miss.

Now play the training without using any directions, just use the shooting, passing etc buttons,. See how many crackers you score. :D

exactly the same experience here....PES grows after playing FIFA

:)

...but if only they would have used the PS2 AI (I have the feeling your team mates do better runs in the CG release)

Exactly the opposite experience here. PES is 1mph passes that the CPU can intercept and your team-mates stand still, when receiving passes and when they should be running into a good position (not straight into a crowd of defenders), it is piss-poor. FIFA 07's (next-gen) passing, movement and player runs are spot-on, it makes PES feel like the CPU is deciding everything for you, where each pass should go so it can intercept them and where each shot should go (which it is).

But each to his own.

Hmm. got Fifa befoe, its good but for some reason feels a little bit scripted dunno why compared to the demo. The CPUs crosses go to the cpu all the time and on a few occasions my crosses have gone right to the man, but in the demo it didnt feel like it did.

Doesnt seem to be too much movement from my men either unless you have to do that manually.

Dissapointed in the keeper kits they look rough!

Good game though but not as blown away as i thought i might be.

Secondly everything felt easier to perform because the control's are more intuitive

Or is it because your not used to the control? I understand what your saying as i was probably feeling the same in the beginning, but now, after 4 days of playing the game (fifa) (atleast 2 hour sessions per day) im finally starting to click with the controls in moments and it feels great. But still its only moments as im still getting used to analog and the controls. Next week, or the week after ill probably finally have it nailed. And then i think it will blow pes out of the water with passing and shooting freedom. As for the AI, i dont have any problems, i look for the runs and then use them when i can.

I'm gonna pick up FIFA tomorrow, gonna trade in some games so i dont feel like I'm taking too much of a risk.... the last 2 have been getting better, different kind of game to before but if I get it and its JUST AS SHITE! I'll kill you Jack Bauer... Kill you to death maaaan! With Sticks!! Not even CTU can help you! :p

ripkord said:
I'm gonna pick up FIFA tomorrow, gonna trade in some games so i dont feel like I'm taking too much of a risk.... the last 2 have been getting better, different kind of game to before but if I get it and its JUST AS SHITE! I'll kill you Jack Bauer... Kill you to death maaaan! With Sticks!! Not even CTU can help you! :p
Hey, don't shoot the messenger! ;)

just won my first ranked online game, beat bayern munich 2-1 at anfield, bellamy scoring on a breakawayt in the last minute!

its tough near the end of games when your players become leggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom