• Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing discussion forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.

Evo-Web Allstars: The FIFA Club Thread

R

Rob92

Played 2 player PES last night and its shit, stick to Fifa 11 :)
:LOL:

And Fifa 11 isn't shit with it's cheap goals/tactics and repetitiveness?

I've played the FIFA 11 demo with some mates, it was the same old fast pressure-fest with ping-pong passing and identical goals (finesse & chip 90% of the time). At least now some assisted shots go wide, but as multiplayer football games go, it was fucking awful.

I've not had a chance to play my mates at the PES demo yet, but I seriously doubt it could be worse than that, and even against the AI you get loads of variation in goals and get the feeling defence and attack is fairly balanced (first time since PES5)...

You're entitled to your opinion though.

StuartCulli

College Dropout
25 July 2006
Newcastle United
:LOL:

And Fifa 11 isn't shit with it's cheap goals/tactics and repetitiveness?

I've played the FIFA 11 demo with some mates, it was the same old fast pressure-fest with ping-pong passing and identical goals (finesse & chip 90% of the time). At least now some assisted shots go wide, but as multiplayer football games go, it was fucking awful.

I've not had a chance to play my mates at the PES demo yet, but I seriously doubt it could be worse than that, and even against the AI you get loads of variation in goals and get the feeling defence and attack is fairly balanced (first time since PES5)...

You're entitled to your opinion though.
:LOL: You really are turning into a keyboard-warrior.

R

Rob92

Not after playing it last night

PES just had nothing about it and was very very boring to play
I can see how PES wouldn't be that fun multiplayer, some matches can be frustrating and have hardly any action because it tries to simulate football.

Most of my mates probably won't like PES because of this too.

:LOL: You really are turning into a keyboard-warrior.
Hypocrite.

You have a go at others for being off-topic, and then come up with a pointless post like that.

R

Rob92

That's what forums are for, to express opinions.

And there's a difference between a depressing opinion and a considered one... Just because I don't waste my money on every football game going does not mean my reasons are "depressing".

Last edited by a moderator:

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
i agree totaly with rob. fifa 11 is soo much like 10. i dont think i will spend £40 for fifa 10 again.

PES requires you to think before bashing the X/A button none stop like in fifa 11. Most of my mates dont mind that as well either.

PES also has the best tactical system and player likeness then fifa will ever have and this to me is vital in 1v1 games against people online because half of the fun in football is in tactics/formations.

If you have the right tactics you could beat even the best player in PES online world. If PES had 10v10 i would not even think twice of buying fifa 11.

andythom77

"He deserves a kicking"
15 September 2008
Home of the Parmo
Boro
i agree totaly with rob. fifa 11 is soo much like 10. i dont think i will spend £40 for fifa 10 again.

PES requires you to think before bashing the X/A button none stop like in fifa 11. Most of my mates dont mind that as well either.

PES also has the best tactical system and player likeness then fifa will ever have and this to me is vital in 1v1 games against people online because half of the fun in football is in tactics/formations.

If you have the right tactics you could beat even the best player in PES online world. If PES had 10v10 i would not even think twice of buying fifa 11.
sorry, but i don't agree with you at all there.

it's just as easy to ping pong pass in PES as it is in FIFA.

R

Rob92

sorry, but i don't agree with you at all there.

it's just as easy to ping pong pass in PES as it is in FIFA.
You have to be kidding?

Look at this (klashman's video):

YouTube - FIFA 11 demo NEW FEATURE!

Yeah, I know you can't come to conclusions from one video, but I scored many goals almost identical to this in the short time I played the demo on assisted.

On the PES demo I've scored 3 or 4 goals that came from "ping-pong passing", all with Barcelona, with Xavi and Iniesta involved in all of them... With lesser teams the poorer first touches and passing error makes ping pong passing much more difficult...

R

Rob92

No... I didn't say that.

With Barcelona it is possible, which is totally acceptable as they should be able to pass the ball about quickly and accurately because they have very good technical players, but even then it's nowhere near as easy as FIFA.

I've played the PES demo a lot, scored loads of goals and only 3 or 4 have really been from a "ping pong" build-up, yet in less than 10 games on the FIFA demo, I had scored loads of them, even with Leverkusen and Lyon, with strikers who aren't really that skilled playing perfect one-twos and stuff, ridiculous.

PU6HY

Cymru Am Byth
30 April 2002
Cardiff
Cardiff City
No... I didn't say that.

With Barcelona it is possible, which is totally acceptable as they should be able to pass the ball about quickly and accurately because they have very good technical players, but even then it's nowhere near as easy as FIFA.

I've played the PES demo a lot, scored loads of goals and only 3 or 4 have really been from a "ping pong" build-up, yet in less than 10 games on the FIFA demo, I had scored loads of them, even with Leverkusen and Lyon, with strikers who aren't really that skilled playing perfect one-twos and stuff, ridiculous.

So far, to me, I find it much easier passing the ball around in PES than manual FIFA. I swear manual is dumbed down a bit in 11 but it is less pingpongy than PES. Assisted, yeah it's easy to knock around but only ******s (or kids) play on assisted anyway. Luckily there will be the seperate section for manual players (I bloody hope there will be loads of people in there!) so it shouldn't be an issue.

You get a little more time on the ball in PES but it just doesn't feel right at all. FIFA just feels better to me on the time I've spent with both demos so far.

JM has said elsewhere to compare default settings v default settings. Why would I do that when I have no intention of playing on default settings? Pointless exercise.

Good effort for PES but still lacking imo. I'm a thinking man's footballer and passing is what counts to me and I just prefer FIFA's feel. PES is way to jerky for my liking and I just get annoyed at the way the ball moves.

R

Rob92

You might not use assisted, but you will definitely have to play against it if you play Clubs as there is no controls filter...

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
So far, to me, I find it much easier passing the ball around in PES than manual FIFA. I swear manual is dumbed down a bit in 11 but it is less pingpongy than PES. Assisted, yeah it's easy to knock around but only ******s (or kids) play on assisted anyway. Luckily there will be the seperate section for manual players (I bloody hope there will be loads of people in there!) so it shouldn't be an issue.

You get a little more time on the ball in PES but it just doesn't feel right at all. FIFA just feels better to me on the time I've spent with both demos so far.

JM has said elsewhere to compare default settings v default settings. Why would I do that when I have no intention of playing on default settings? Pointless exercise.

Good effort for PES but still lacking imo. I'm a thinking man's footballer and passing is what counts to me and I just prefer FIFA's feel. PES is way to jerky for my liking and I just get annoyed at the way the ball moves.
Mate as said in avf, i dont think its fair to compare manual controls to PES'S default controls. IMO its like comparing apple to oranges. Why dont you stick manual passing on X in PES and compare the two like for like then?

You do know you can do passing manually at least in PES. try that, you may like it

You might not use assisted, but you will definitely have to play against it if you play Clubs as there is no controls filter...
And has Rob said what you going to do in clubs mate? SJ you was one of the first to vent your frustrations in playing against assisted ping pong clubs so if their truly is NO filtering in clubs then expect the same shit for another 12 months.

Last edited:

PU6HY

Cymru Am Byth
30 April 2002
Cardiff
Cardiff City
I know there is manual passing in PES J. I'm hoping clubs will be ok with less ping ponging if the devs are to be believed. I could even handle clubs more if some of the expoits are gone. Time will tell though but I won't be switching to PES this year after my demo play so far as it's still an inferior game IMO.

Top Bottom