Evo-Web: The Early Years...

A

Adonis

Hey everyone,

Its just gone 2:29am as I start writing this.

Ive been sorting out my itunes for hours and just though Id check out evo-web. After a quick post I noticed the 'member joined' date on my profile...Oct 2001...Holy Shit! Thats years ago! Thats 5 years 3 months ago!

A bit stunned I started thinking back to when this all started, you know...Evo-Web. The people who were here, the members, what I was doing in my life and my experiences with everyone.

What Im trying to do here to get people to post there fondest memories on this page, and their take on the years gone by spend going through this amazing forum.

I dunno how else to present my take on 5 years, but I'll try my best to snippet each piece:

1) Being one of the first members of Evo-Web along side Mart and Cwright. After responding to an email request trying to find contributors to this place I became a reviewer and Mod. Being in awe of the main chief back then called Alex(?). Young genius who made this place, but regrettedly we never got on.

2) With this new found power managed to blag Konami PR to send me a copy of the firt PES on PS2. Got it 3 weeks before release. Supposed to do an exclusive review for the site but 'overplayed' the game. Review done for the release day instead :p

3) Lost mod ability after pulling a dissapearing act. Not my fault, fam problems :(

4) I went through this faze of trying to promote the site. I created flyers and poster that I put in Game, and even tried to create a magazine. I remember starting a thread asking people whether they wanted it to be on nice paper making it more expensive, or crappy paper making it cheap. Jeeeeeeeez!

5) Heres the important part: started meeting people on here that I started to respect and listen to.

I remember when ClassicD had his own PES/WE news site, and Larsson was always in avatar (nice to see it back). Classic always knew his stuff and schooled a lot of us.

I remember when ThomasGoal came on here with news before anyone else. Still does :)

I remember how PLF used to be before his modding days. How he had Tristan in his avatar.

I remember how I first met Jack Bauer. Those days were probably the most memorable experiences Ive had on here. We became very good friends, back when he was a keen modder and had a different user name. Its unfortunate we're not as close as we used to be, but I still smile when I read his posts on here.

I remember when Kel used to make kits on here. We had Cigman making faces too.

I remember when Hutch did all those drawings of people. really cool stuff.

To this day CWright has been a gentlman everytime I chat to him. For that I thank you.

There plenty more guys on here that Ive met but really cant remember their usernames. I love you all :d

Im sure what Ive written looks like a mess as Im now shattered, but I just wanted to share with you guys my experiences on this wonderful forum. Im gonna add to this now again when I remember some more stuff.

But please, anyone feel free to contribute and post their experiences.

Ahhh yes, those were the days. I remember talking to you about a visit to Old Trafford, and you (extremely generously) sending me those miniature footballer figurines that still decorate my television... Late-night chats about you playing football for your country and about me and my ex who I was still head-over-heels for... Talking about making our own magazines and the like as well. I still want to be a games reviewer, but it's incredibly hard to get into the business. There seems to be enough games reviewers in the world!

My fondest memories are Hutch's pictures, Classic's regular postings, ThomasGOAL's one-liners, PGR nights, and the rush-hour time of year (when a new PES was released and flocks of new members joined posting questions like "can I play PS2 games on my PSX" and "how do I get the patch onto my PlayStation"). The caption competition was also a laugh.

Fondest memories...

Me being an absolute spacker when I signed up. Taking everyone too seriously and just basically needing a punch.

Me thinking my shit MS Paint drawings were good.

Zico.

Cal-neva, joostebrood and gunnerglory bumming each other then taking their shit covered penises and having each other lick it off despite not being half as funny as they thought they were.

The thread- 'Ever Wondered'.

Being mates with Noted and MarkD on MSN back in the day. Don't speak to either of them anymore but they were good times.

ThomasGOAL, I love ThomasGOAL.

Saving Jack Bauer's relationship and completely over reacting over having to GO AND BUY A POSTCARD AND A STAMP, my goodness I've grown up.

Look how shit everything is now as well. I blame the strict moderation of the site personally. I can't actually believe Alucard got banned for that thread which was his own personal opinion. Yes, it was moronic and full of shit, but to ban someone for that is bordering on Nazi.

I agree with Hutch. This forum used to be much better. Not that I'd know ;)

if only PGR nights would start again.....ah well....(I never did them, only have the game now....)

I remember Spark, and his great kits, and of course Kel

haven't really been on this site long enough to savour any memorable moments

What I remember most was the great patches available in the early days. I think it was because of the editing that Evo-Web really got the popularity.

I think Rh4ps0dy was the first one with WE 5. Remember somebody post something in Gamefaqs. Thats where I heard about Evo Web.

There were some more great patches by Wendetta for WE6 as well. Then I left playing WE for a while, and was back last year :)

I remember ninjabreakz, I wonder what happened to him.

So do I, heard he met an ugly hispanic chick who told him to return under her gay uncle's nick. I'd do anything to find out who that could be. Guess it's just an urban legend after all...

I think Rh4ps0dy was the first one with WE 5.
I'd forgotten all about that name until you typed that! The times I typed "Rh4ps0dy" into search engines to look for more of his stuff...

I'd do anything to find out who that could be.
If I told you his new alias, would you please ban the guy? :mryellow:

Last edited:
I remember ninjabreakz, I wonder what happened to him.

You seem obsessed with him Dom! Did you send each other naked pictures? Fair play, that ninjabreaks bloke made some impact on this place, I would love to meet him!

The Evo-Web clique! Back with a vengence!

Dom & Milanista, a question: You both love ITALIAN football yes? You both hate English football, yes? Then why have you both been posting on this forum since time began?

This is an English football forum then, is it?

There was me thinking it was a computer-game based forum (with it's own gay community spearheaded by this guy who likes to show off his balls). No wonder I've never fit in. :eh:

Oh man you guys are the best! All these memories keeping coming back. especially Ninjabreakz and Rh4ps0dy. He was an editing god.

Ahhh yes, those were the days. I remember talking to you about a visit to Old Trafford, and you (extremely generously) sending me those miniature footballer figurines that still decorate my television... Late-night chats about you playing football for your country and about me and my ex who I was still head-over-heels for... Talking about making our own magazines and the like as well. I still want to be a games reviewer, but it's incredibly hard to get into the business. There seems to be enough games reviewers in the world!

My fondest memories are Hutch's pictures, Classic's regular postings, ThomasGOAL's one-liners, PGR nights, and the rush-hour time of year (when a new PES was released and flocks of new members joined posting questions like "can I play PS2 games on my PSX" and "how do I get the patch onto my PlayStation"). The caption competition was also a laugh.

Mate you brought those memories rushing back :)

Happy to know you still find use for those figurines, got loads more where they came from ;) I think a lot of us have been there for you during your GF situations, you're just a lady magnet :D

And yes that caption thread was amazingly funny. Especially that old chinese guy with loads of snaps from his holidays :lol:

Especially that old chinese guy with loads of snaps from his holidays :lol:

HOLY SHIT I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT BASTARD.
What did we name him Jack? It was something massively stereotypical of a chinese man like WONG or something. FIND THAT SITE.

It was indeed Wong. Did he not close his webspace?

I really want to see them again now... I swear, seriously, I will not die happy until I see one photo of Wong and his many bitches one more time.

I had forgot Zico :shock: , he was a bot. :mrgreen:

My remembers of Evo-Web including some strange discussions where ever were gunnerglory, many and many letters from PLF's posts, an impressive avatar of Zidane wearing Superman's clothes of ThomasGOAL and smango's arguments.

(Obviously from my first account signed in 2003)

Last edited:
I will post more of these later, I just logged into my angelfire account from back in the day and I have a GOLDMINE of SHIT.

Back
Top Bottom