Evo-Web's Twitter Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuny

-
11 December 2007
Hello!
How are you?

I wanted to know why is the Evo Web's Twitter account not being used at all?.
I see PES-Universe and many other Websites use it regularly and they get so much attention, not only from the community in general, but also from the PES staff as well.

It's a great tool to get more people involved. When there's a nice debate going on, the link could be posted there. Or to show-off great mods made by the community.
Or, now that there's a great weekly Podcast by Chris, it could be promoted there.

I don't know it seems like it's being wasted off really.
We're such a great community and social media is a powerful too nowadays.

Hope this doesn't bother anyone. It's not my intention to criticise whoever has the login credentials or whoever has registered the account. Just a simple suggestion.

Thank you.

It never really gained any traction at all when we've introduced it. Plus, we're all pretty busy irl, so we'd probably need some new blood to take care of that, especially when trying to include mods related stuff. However, it's not off the table, maybe we can work something out to make use of it in a more proper way than we have until now. There's no doubt about it that it can still be a nice addition to our community.

It is kind of weird that other sites get much more attention, when Evo-Web has always been the biggest and best site, with the best content and highest level of contributions, in both quality and quantity.
@Chuny is right about this. Guys on other sites getting invited to PES events etc. (Good guys with great content, it must be said) but nobody is doing it at the level of the guys on here.
Evo-web is the original and best, with the best content creators. It's about time that was recognised!

Guys on other sites getting invited to PES events etc. (Good guys with great content, it must be said) but nobody is doing it at the level of the guys on here.
Evo-web is the original and best, with the best content creators. It's about time that was recognised
We all know the reason why Evo-Web is not being invited.
Evo-Web is a bit like Wildlings in Game of Thrones. Its nice to have them, you can learn a lot from them, they can save your ass if needed to, but everyone is scared of them and no one is able to control them.. :LOL:
Ironically - thats the main reason that makes this site so unique and important. There's no sugar coating here, just raw truth.
At the same time - a lot of people here are working their bollox off to make Pes (and Fifa) better and better. It is a shame indeed, that they are not being recognised.

We all know the reason why Evo-Web is not being invited.
Evo-Web is a bit like Wildlings in Game of Thrones. Its nice to have them, you can learn a lot from them, they can save your ass if needed to, but everyone is scared of them and no one is able to control them.. :LOL:
Ironically - thats the main reason that makes this site so unique and important. There's no sugar coating here, just raw truth.
At the same time - a lot of people here are working their bollox off to make Pes (and Fifa) better and better. It is a shame indeed, that they are not being recognised.
:LOL: That's probably fairly accurate. Loving the Wildlings reference! That being said, at least one of the guys I know (who was invited to Old Trafford for a PES2020 press day) has been fairly critical (constuctive criticism) of PES in the last few years. I definitely think they are benifiting from using twitter and other social media.
This guy is a great kitmaker, like really good and seems like a genuinely nice guy too but there are guys equally as good on here and guys coming up with content that NOBODY else is capable of.
There are people on this site that should be working for Konami, not being ignored by them!

@Chuny - in this day and age, if you're not tweeting or (more importantly IMO) streaming regularly enough to amass a big following, as well as maintaining a YouTube channel... Then you're nothing as far as gaming powerhouses are concerned (I include Konami in that). Doubly so if you allow critique!

The fact of the matter is that if we're not pouring hours of our personal lives into this stuff, we're not influencers (beyond the "hardcore" guys this forum represents who publishers don't really care about any more, we don't represent microtransaction money). If you're not influencing people, you're not important. It's all about marketing.

We've got a great team here at Evo-Web and we all dedicate hours of our lives to the moderation of the site. I've been here for 16 years and I'm on here for 2-3 hours a day, moderating and "creating content" (yuck) through posts. I'm also working an extra 2-3 hours a night at the minute on recording podcasts, and editing them together.

Sadly, this doesn't leave much time for any additional content generation (be it tweets, streams, whatever) - let alone, you know, spending time with the pissed-off girlfriend watching Love Island in the corner on her own!

Also - for me, you have to go all-in with these things (including Twitter) and post stuff every day, or at least a few times a week, or people forget you exist. So you can't just dedicate a bit of time to it - you have to go all-in, and we just haven't got the time.

Maybe in the future something will change - but personally my focus for the time being is the podcasts, and maybe a review of PES 2020 (we more than likely won't be getting review code but I'll ask as always).

@Chuny - in this day and age, if you're not tweeting or (more importantly IMO) streaming regularly enough to amass a big following, as well as maintaining a YouTube channel... Then you're nothing as far as gaming powerhouses are concerned (I include Konami in that). Doubly so if you allow critique!

The fact of the matter is that if we're not pouring hours of our personal lives into this stuff, we're not influencers (beyond the "hardcore" guys this forum represents who publishers don't really care about any more, we don't represent microtransaction money). If you're not influencing people, you're not important. It's all about marketing.

We've got a great team here at Evo-Web and we all dedicate hours of our lives to the moderation of the site. I've been here for 16 years and I'm on here for 2-3 hours a day, moderating and "creating content" (yuck) through posts. I'm also working an extra 2-3 hours a night at the minute on recording podcasts, and editing them together.

Sadly, this doesn't leave much time for any additional content generation (be it tweets, streams, whatever) - let alone, you know, spending time with the pissed-off girlfriend watching Love Island in the corner on her own!

Also - for me, you have to go all-in with these things (including Twitter) and post stuff every day, or at least a few times a week, or people forget you exist. So you can't just dedicate a bit of time to it - you have to go all-in, and we just haven't got the time.

Maybe in the future something will change - but personally my focus for the time being is the podcasts, and maybe a review of PES 2020 (we more than likely won't be getting review code but I'll ask as always).

I'm right there with you on all this Chris, I agree.
But -and acknowledging this is not an obligation any of you MUST fulfil- there are currently 12 Staff Members. I only know some of you because of either our conversations or your moderation posts. But most of the people within that group are more or less unknown to us all. I know this might earn me a few enemies around here, which is definitely not what I want (I don't even know these guys, they are probably all wonderful people for all I know). What I'm trying to say is: Why does it have to be just you Chris that does all the heavy lifting around here?. I'm sure at least 3 or 4 of out of the 12 could do something for Evo-Web.

Each of these 4 people could split their tasks evenly.
I think if each one wrote 2 or 3 Tweets, took the time to reply to people (when needed), create some eye-catching imagery or "content" from time to time to enforce the appeal of these tweets, that'd be enough. And again, these 3 or 4 very simple tasks would be devided between 4 people. And it doesn't necessarily have to be EVERYDAY. Which means, that out of the 7 days of the week you can have a blank between each day.

Monday - A Tweets.
Tuesday- nothing.
Wednesday - B Tweets.
Thrusday - nothing.
Friday - C Tweets.
Saturday - D Tweets.
Sunday - nothing.

And it doesn't even have to be like... a "do or die" thing. It's not like you guys are getting paid for any of this, I know it.
It could just be an extra thing. Specially for those that aren't very active here yet they still have some sort of "status" (whatever that means on an Internet forum). Otherwise, maybe they should step down and leave new people, fresh blood that wants to take Evo-Web to the next step.

FYI: It ain't me. I'm not oferring myself.

Just my 2 cents.

Most of them staff members aren't even around here anymore for a looooong time, so any list that's flying around here is heavily outdated. It's Chris, Hawke, superleeds, Mart and myself, nobody else, Chris being the only one who even remotely cares about/uses Twitter. So there's that. We're a bunch of old fucks yelling at clouds.

What about having the 'share to social media' buttons that xenforo have built in? That way anytime a mod/admin sees some good content worth sharing, just click the twitter button and it will automatically publish it to the evo-web twitter. Then we could just ask everyone on here to follow the account and like/retweet stuff.

Can you unban Zeeimeister and Geeeerd?. It's been a while. I think they learnt their lesson.

You already requested that last year and I gave you a clear answer on it which still stands today. Nice try, though! :)

Anyway, thread's closed for now. Will reopen once there's any news from our side regarding Twitter and its implementation tezzad mentioned, if possible. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom