Evoweb Gameplay Lab, FIFA 20 (Frostbite FIFAs?)

Guys, I won't say too much about it, but give this a try! For me, easily the most sim experience I've had with FIFA 20 to this point. As I always say, it isn't perfect, it will continue to be improved as we learn more about the editor and files, but give it a go and see what you think.

Project files included as well as a slightly adjusted OS V3 sliders, settings to use/locale.ini lines to add in. I would describe it as much more solid than the last few attempts. I'm finding it positionally to be better (possibly some big fixes in there), lots of midfield and hard to break teams down. It's nowhere near as 'slidey' as the last piece of **** I uploaded the other day and pass error is subtle but there.

Sim gameplay mod 1.0 -
https://mega.nz/file/dQNyVQyZ#wzFA-SixiZ54k1JhLm14mS5H-KgQ86Yy5JYvIMNpU5U
I enjoyed the gameplay a lot! thanks mate :)

Some gameplay footage from the latest mod. Download link in the description. Camera is GFX Mod.

I have tested this for just one game yesterday, and it IS the real deal so far... As I have mentioned here, I wasn't convinced by previous tests, but this one ticks almost all boxes: physics, speed, build-up... the overall feel is pretty solid!

Hopefully constructive feedback: "Almost" because I'm still not happy with fouls and pressing (which I'm working on on my own), and because some pass errors feel a bit "unnatural": low angle passes are often really under-hit. I think those kind of passes should lack a bit of power/speed and be less accurate, instead of being accurate but really really short. I'm not sure if I worded this in an understandable way...

On a final note, I can't stress enough the importance of the Acceleration slider: you have it at 50-51 (and speed at 48-52), which probably helps with fouls and aggressiveness, because you are giving a a physical advantage to the CPU, and that's correct. But I really encourage you all to try lower acceleration values, like 47-48: you will see player animations never seen otherwise, and a much more "think before doing" feel for the cpu or "caught by surprise and trying to catch up" feel for you sometimes. Also, the "slidey" feeling of the players when controlling the ball disappears... which is a great plus.
Make sure you still give the advantage to the CPU: slowing the game down, numbs them down, to the point where their pass error values in Frosty should be adjusted...

I strongly recommend 6ons1's FREE Turfs and Camera Mods instead. You can find examples and download links in the videos below. The guys who made them are even helping testing the gamplay mods here in this very same thread:

and

I have tested this for just one game yesterday, and it IS the real deal so far... As I have mentioned here, I wasn't convinced by previous tests, but this one ticks almost all boxes: physics, speed, build-up... the overall feel is pretty solid!

Hopefully constructive feedback: "Almost" because I'm still not happy with fouls and pressing (which I'm working on on my own), and because some pass errors feel a bit "unnatural": low angle passes are often really under-hit. I think those kind of passes should lack a bit of power/speed and be less accurate, instead of being accurate but really really short. I'm not sure if I worded this in an understandable way...

On a final note, I can't stress enough the importance of the Acceleration slider: you have it at 50-51 (and speed at 48-52), which probably helps with fouls and aggressiveness, because you are giving a a physical advantage to the CPU, and that's correct. But I really encourage you all to try lower acceleration values, like 47-48: you will see player animations never seen otherwise, and a much more "think before doing" feel for the cpu or "caught by surprise and trying to catch up" feel for you sometimes. Also, the "slidey" feeling of the players when controlling the ball disappears... which is a great plus.
Make sure you still give the advantage to the CPU: slowing the game down, numbs them down, to the point where their pass error values in Frosty should be adjusted...

PS: GFX... Doesn't the guy have his own Gameplay Mod? I'm sure he is following this thread VERY clo$ely....
I strongly recommend 6ons1's FREE Turfs and Camera Mods instead. You can find examples and download links in the videos below. The guys who made them are even helping testing the gamplay mods here in this very same thread:

and
Glad to hear you're enjoying this one! I'm pretty happy with how it's come together. If you want to look at the low angle passing, you could set the Pass Quality Vs Angle Scalar (or something to that effect, it's in the kickpass gp files) back to default values. I actually don't mind it, but see if that works for you.

Yeah I use both the turf and Camreal mod as well (they're fantastic), I just switch between it and the GFX mod as I like to mix up the look and feel of different games. I haven’t tried his gameplay mod, just the camera/lighting.

Last edited:
Some gameplay footage from the latest mod. Download link in the description. Camera is GFX Mod.
Gameplay is great! Dude, but do you know which parameter is responsible for 360 dribble moves? Just want to decrease it, i like when player moving a little bit slower

Gameplay is great! Dude, but do you know which parameter is responsible for 360 dribble moves? Just want to decrease it, i like when player moving a little bit slower

Try with sliders first: Acceleration at 48, First Touch Control at 100. And see if you notice the difference.

There are some values to decrease CPU flare skills, but never really needed to touch them...

Thanks man! I think you might find something in gp_actor and then gp_actor_movement, but I'm not 100% sure on the dribble moves.

Try with sliders first: Acceleration at 48, First Touch Control at 100. And see if you notice the difference.

There are some values to decrease CPU flare skills, but never really needed to touch them...

I sat for hours trying to set up dribbling in the game, in locale.ini and in frosty editor, but it can be done in the game itself, with sliders. God damn. I just did't know that the first touch slider works like this. Thank you very much)))

I sat for hours trying to set up dribbling in the game, in locale.ini and in frosty editor, but it can be done in the game itself, with sliders. God damn. I just did't know that the first touch slider works like this. Thank you very much)))

You are welcome, and let me know how it plays for you with those 2 sliders

I stopped playing fifa 20 some months ago due to frustration basically with 1. Horrible defender awareness, 2. Lack of fouls, 3. Nerfed headers on goal making crossing futile. Have you guys been able to fix any of these? I might install fifa 20 again if so

Guys, I won't say too much about it, but give this a try! For me, easily the most sim experience I've had with FIFA 20 to this point. As I always say, it isn't perfect, it will continue to be improved as we learn more about the editor and files, but give it a go and see what you think.

Project files included as well as a slightly adjusted OS V3 sliders, settings to use/locale.ini lines to add in. I would describe it as much more solid than the last few attempts. I'm finding it positionally to be better (possibly some big fixes in there), lots of midfield and hard to break teams down. It's nowhere near as 'slidey' as the last piece of **** I uploaded the other day and pass error is subtle but there.

Sim gameplay mod 1.0 -
This is fantastic.

My best experience on FIFA 20 by a million miles. Best mod I've played so far. As others have said, the differences between teams is what I like most.

I'd achieved something similar before by widening the difference in player speed via Frosty Editor (changing the "normal" speed sprint min and max values), but it resulted in really silly scores (Arsenal beating Bournemouth 8-0 and the like), because the faster team could so easily outsprint the other. I couldn't get the balance right.

Out of interest, have you altered these values at all? I'm just thinking, if not, a tweak to these might help widen the difficulty gap between good and bad teams even further (which I love, personally).

But yeah - it's fantastic. Great pace (on normal), build-up is required. Great work.

My only issues are probably not going to be solved very easily...

#1: The lack of fouls (without just turning super-aggression on and making it go crazy)

#2: The pass accuracy stats are still super high at the end of games (for the user and AI - maybe semi passing would help here)

#3: The AI does crazy things a little too often, like passing the ball (or walking the ball) out of play

#4: The AI is so conservative in its attacking that, sometimes, they will create a clear shooting opportunity and pass to a teammate in a worse position instead

But before this mod, I would have been able to list a HELL of a lot more gameplay issues... So bravo, big-time!

I stopped playing fifa 20 some months ago due to frustration basically with 1. Horrible defender awareness, 2. Lack of fouls, 3. Nerfed headers on goal making crossing futile. Have you guys been able to fix any of these? I might install fifa 20 again if so
Definitely looked at all 3 - defensive awareness has been a huge thing on this thread!

Fouls are a bit of a mixed bag. I find I have more than default with the mods, (sometimes up to 10 a game, other games will be your usual 1 or 2) - but they can definitely be improved more still. Headers - yes. This was something that bugged me too and you should find them easier. If you watch the gameplay video I posted yesterday I scored a header around the 30 min mark of the match I think. If you try it and there's still not enough, I can point you in the direction of how to adjust them more. Defensive awareness has been a massive one for all involved on here. Lots of little fixes and a couple of big ones in there with regards to this. Give it a go and see how you like it, but I'm confident there's much more awareness now.

Last edited:
This is fantastic.

My best experience on FIFA 20 by a million miles. Best mod I've played so far. As others have said, the differences between teams is what I like most.

I'd achieved something similar before by widening the difference in player speed via Frosty Editor (changing the "normal" speed sprint min and max values), but it resulted in really silly scores (Arsenal beating Bournemouth 8-0 and the like), because the faster team could so easily outsprint the other. I couldn't get the balance right.

Out of interest, have you altered these values at all? I'm just thinking, if not, a tweak to these might help widen the difficulty gap between good and bad teams even further (which I love, personally).

But yeah - it's fantastic. Great pace (on normal), build-up is required. Great work.

My only issues are probably not going to be solved very easily...

#1: The lack of fouls (without just turning super-aggression on and making it go crazy)

#2: The pass accuracy stats are still super high at the end of games (for the user and AI - maybe semi passing would help here)

#3: The AI does crazy things a little too often, like passing the ball (or walking the ball) out of play

#4: The AI is so conservative in its attacking that, sometimes, they will create a clear shooting opportunity and pass to a teammate in a worse position instead

But before this mod, I would have been able to list a HELL of a lot more gameplay issues... So bravo, big-time!
Great to hear Chris!

I haven't touched normal sprint speeds or any of those values so you could probably try it and see if it improves this further. Let me know if you do and what values work best.

1: Fouls - definitely can be improved further. I just wrote on previous post how they're a mixed bag for me. Some games I have quite a few, others not many. I think part of it has to do with how we all play the game too. In general though, I think the ref does blow his whistle more than default, but definitely something which can be worked on.

2. Pass accuracy stats I'm actually not finding too bad. The mod I posted the first time around I was having very realistic numbers - but in game it was leading to far too many stupid mistakes. This time in general the stats are a touch higher than before (for the most part) but I think the games play out better. I also think this has to do with tactics. I find if you really go after a team and press (or direct attack a lot) your numbers will be lower and it can impact the opposition numbers too because the game can become more end to end with riskier passes being played. I'll have to give semi passing a go actually and see how that plays out!

3. The AI can be a little unaware of that touchline still can't they haha. Pass error is where this comes into play. So what I've done is really try to even out the difficulty of passes to add a level of depth to the accuracy vs mistakes. If you go too low with error, you get few mistakes during a match and it increases overall speed and directness of the AI. I'm not sure if there is a value relating to the areas of the pitch (that would be great). So what happens now is you'll get more contextual error but occasionally when they're close to the line because it's a fine margin they can not be aware of it sometimes (I'd imagine it would happen more with lower rated teams too). I'm finding it's not happening all that often for me anymore and I don't even mind it occasionally, but you could look at the left and right scalar in kick error and lower them a little (also miss rate v difficulty in pass error and you could play with those values - but all of these error values could change up the general flow of game quite a bit).

Edit: I forgot to add, a massive part of the differences between the teams is coming from the pass error. So many of the files seem to interrelate with each other (impacting speed, AI directness, even physics sometimes). Error too low and I fear the differences will become less between teams.

4. I haven't actually noticed this one, but possibly looking at kickshot and shot decision I think will help!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! @papinho81 and this thread really got me curious about the possibilities. I'd never modded anything until this, but seeing the flexibility the editor provides got me determined!

Last edited:
Definitely looked at all 3 - defensive awareness has been a huge thing on this thread!

Fouls are a bit of a mixed bag. I find I have more than default with the mods, (sometimes up to 10 a game, other games will be your usual 1 or 2) - but they can definitely be improved more still. Headers - yes. This was something that bugged me too and you should find them easier. If you watch the gameplay video I posted yesterday I scored a header around the 30 min mark of the match I think. If you try it and there's still not enough, I can point you in the direction of how to adjust them more. Defensive awareness has been a massive one for all involved on here. Lots of little fixes and a couple of big ones in there with regards to this. Give it a go and see how you like it, but I'm confident there's much more awareness now.

Thank you for replying. It all sounds very promising. Best of luck to all of you trying to make this game playable.

Sim gameplay mod 1.0 -
This has 100% made FIFA 20 playable, and enjoyable, for me.

Just playing with the Worldwide Football mod (which adds a Road to Euro 2020 mode) - and look at what Harry Kane got away with!!!

I just updated the link on the original post as I just miscalculated like variable 5 or something in one of the behaviours. If you do re-download, it's just Part 1 of the mod and you probably won't even notice the difference. I just noticed I had the wrong number in there and it was bugging me. It's very minor so probably don't need to even bother.

Also, I might have a tiny update in the next day or so just to increase defensive awareness a touch more. I just want to get the right values before I post. Some of the 'Look At Behaviours' really impact the awareness and I think a slight improvement will improve things further.

Last edited:
I just updated the link on the original post as I just miscalculated like variable 5 or something in one of the behaviours. If you do re-download, it's just Part 1 of the mod and you probably won't even notice the difference. I just noticed I had the wrong number in there and it was bugging me. It's very minor so probably don't need to even bother.

Also, I might have a tiny update in the next day or so just to increase defensive awareness a touch more. I just want to get the right values before I post. Some of the 'Look At Behaviours' really impact the awareness and I think a slight improvement will improve things further.

Would you mind telling us a bit more on this?

Would you mind telling us a bit more on this?
For sure. It's pretty much what we were talking about the other day. So I could be wrong, but I'm pretty confident the gp_playerbehavior and then lookatbehavior is impacting the awareness of the players looking for targets to mark (or for the ball etc). I think 'LookAroundIntervalRelaxed and Urgent is impacting how often they scan for danger. I think 'relaxed' is when they're essentially 'switched off'. By lowering those values they become aware more of what is going on around them because they keep checking. If the intervals are too big (as they are on default) they just sit there essentially and let players run off them.

What I think is happening as a general concept too is the game is designed for only 1 player to be marking someone. So as soon as the AI recognises that their target has switched to a different player they will stop marking them and look for someone else (or just sit there - again like default). MinTimeElapsedSinceLookatTargetChange is also something which helps a lot and makes up part of the balance, as it allows the AI to search more quickly for a new target. If this is too low though I think it can make them jump from target to target and abandon their man.

If you have them too aware of the ball then they aren't aware of targets too, so it's just finding the right balance with it all. The balance is getting them aware, but not to over commit to targets blindly and leave too many gaps around them.

Last edited:
For sure. It's pretty much what we were talking about the other day. So I could be wrong, but I'm pretty confident the gp_playerbehavior and then lookatbehavior is impacting the awareness of the players looking for targets to mark (or for the ball etc). I think 'LookAroundIntervalRelaxed and Urgent is impacting how often they scan for danger. I think 'relaxed' is when they're essentially 'switched off'. By lowering those values they become aware more of what is going on around them because they keep checking. If the intervals are too big (as they are on default) they just sit there essentially and let players run off them.

What I think is happening as a general concept too is the game is designed for only 1 player to be marking someone. So as soon as the AI recognises that their target has switched to a different player they will stop marking them and look for someone else (or just sit there - again like default).
MinTimeElapsedSinceLookatTargetChange is also something which helps a lot and makes up part of the balance, as it allows the AI to search more quickly for a new target. If this is too low though I think it can make them jump from target to target and abandon their man.

If you have them too aware of the ball then they aren't aware of targets too, so it's just finding the right balance with it all. The balance is getting them aware, but not to over commit to targets blindly and leave too many gaps around them.

Thank you for taking the time to break this through!

Your analysis of the marking design is spot on (bold part) and you have put it in extremely well.

It is nice to know we can do something with those lookatbehavior variables. It something that really annoyed me, how they switch off when their man is not their man anymore. I can't wait to give the relax and others variables a try.

Thank you for taking the time to break this through!

Your analysis of the marking design is spot on (bold part) and you have put it in extremely well.

It is nice to know we can do something with those lookatbehavior variables. It something that really annoyed me, how they switch off when their man is not their man anymore. I can't wait to give the relax and others variables a try.
No worries. Yeah I’m feeling much better about the prospect of 21 knowing we can correct (or at least improve) lots of the issues. Hopefully we can discover more too.

With regards to the 1 person marking, it’s why we’ll see a midfielder just standing there looking at a fight for possession just a couple of steps away from the action sometimes. I think for the most part it’s much better now but I’d like to be able to eliminate this completely. Possibly lowering some of ‘looking at ball’ files could help, but it’ll need to be the correct balance to not force defenders away from marking the correct space.

Last edited:
This has 100% made FIFA 20 playable, and enjoyable, for me.

Just playing with the Worldwide Football mod (which adds a Road to Euro 2020 mode) - and look at what Harry Kane got away with!!!

I have that mod too, very well done!

Did you use any sliders? I couldn't find the ones suggested by Nonoloko himself...

I use the sliders that @Anth James recommends seeing as Nonoloko's patch isn't gameplay-related! (Although I tweak them slightly for shorter halves, e.g. run frequency to 35.)

Thanks, Nonoloko uses super-slow sliders, and your video seemed to show the same general speed feel...

Since Anthony uses close to default speed/acceleration sliders, I was a bit surprised to see that... I guess you are playing on Gameplay Speed: Slow?

Thanks, Nonoloko uses super-slow sliders, and your video seemed to show the same general speed feel...

Since Anthony uses close to default speed/acceleration sliders, I was a bit surprised to see that... I guess you are playing on Gameplay Speed: Slow?
I'm not actually, that clip is on normal (and funnily enough, it felt a little fast to me)!

Wow... then I guess it's video rendering making it look slower than it actually is... I mean, look at that nice curled slow cross...
I swear there are bugs in the game that affect speed all the time.

Example - I was expecting that game, against England, to be much faster than my previous games against worse opposition. It wasn't.

Until... I took that clip. When I paused and unpaused the game, I SWEAR it was faster afterwards. Suddenly Sterling was just whizzing down the wings when I was blocking him off before.

That's on top of the fact that some games, when you quit and restart them, feel like they change speed each time.

All that being said... I'd prefer to play on acceleration of 49 for human and AI (or lower), which affects how "skatey" the game is. It helps MASSIVELY in that regard. But the drawback is that it makes one-on-ones against defenders very difficult to win.

Back
Top Bottom