Evoweb Gameplay Lab, FIFA 20 (Frostbite FIFAs?)

So I reinstalled FIFA 20 yesterday after a long time. Played with no mods and noticed the AI defensive awareness seems to be much better. Did EA fix this? After that I installed Anth's mod and had fun games although not enough to really tell what was different. I just want to be sure that I am applying the mod correctly. You need to import and apply all 3 files correct? I have the "Worldwide Football Mod" as well. Should the gameplay mod be at the top or bottom of the list of applied mods? Thanks for the help.

If you want to make sure the mod is applied, add it at the end of your list. Priority in case of conflict goes from the bottom to the top.
The Sim mod comes with strings you need to add at the bottom of your locale.ini and a slider set based on OS community set.

IMO you should immediately see the difference.

Last edited:
If you want to make sure the mod is applied, add it at the end of your list. Priority in case of conflict goes from the bottom to the top.
The Sim mod comes with strings you need to add at the bottom of your locale.ini and a slider set based on OS community set.

IMO you should immediately see the difference.
Yeah I did all that. I'm sure I just need to play more to notice. Fouls are better and defensive awareness seems much better as well.
The "worldwide football mod" also has changes to the locale.ini but I don't think they would create a conflict with these proposed strings.

Would you mind checking my locale.ini to make sure I didn't mess it up? Thanks for your help

Attachments

• locale.txt
    18.8 KB · Views: 11
Yeah I did all that. I'm sure I just need to play more to notice. Fouls are better and defensive awareness seems much better as well.
The "worldwide football mod" also has changes to the locale.ini but I don't think they would create a conflict with these proposed strings.

Would you mind checking my locale.ini to make sure I didn't mess it up? Thanks for your help
It looks fine to me, all the gameplay related lines are from @Anth James.

Yeah looks fine to me! If you're noticing defensive awareness/marking fixes then I'd say it's working. The pace of the overall game should feel a little more balanced too.

Has anyone looked much at tactical weight and marking importance? They seem to be interrelated, and my theory is numbers 5 onwards are for deeper positions on the pitch and this would explain why marking outweighs tactics in those areas. I’m thinking upping marking importance a little for the first lot of numbers might engage the midfield a little higher up the pitch. I’m not sure how effective it will be though, as it will most probably introduce different problems in different situations..

Has anyone looked much at tactical weight and marking importance? They seem to be interrelated, and my theory is numbers 5 onwards are for deeper positions on the pitch and this would explain why marking outweighs tactics in those areas. I’m thinking upping marking importance a little for the first lot of numbers might engage the midfield a little higher up the pitch. I’m not sure how effective it will be though, as it will most probably introduce different problems in different situations..
I did some testing on this ones but nothing extensive. What I noticed is with low tactic weights and untouched marking weights, you have more time on your half on the ball but it is hard to find open passes. Players get a bit too much out of position if I remember.

I was thinking it could actually be the other way around. Values bellow point 3 being the own side. If you think how marking works in fifa, it tends to put players out of position, because marking is pure man marking. Tactics weight might tell the players, hey, your spot dude. With low tactic one things I noticed is the two cb were often marking the same attacker letting the other attacker completely free at the penalty spot.

Also the low pressure tactic files have Y to 0 for the points above 3. They have the same X values, 0, 0.125, 25, ect...

Hey guys, I have an update for the Sim Mod I posted a few weeks ago. I'm really happy with this and with 21 around the corner I probably won't be adjusting much from here.

The aim of this mod has always been to learn Frosty Editor and I found trying to create a gameplay I was happy with helped me learn some of EA's decisions in their programming (there's still lots to learn).

The overall concept of the Sim Mod has been to create a more realistic experience and I hope you find that here. I won't go into all of the adjustments but happy to help you make adjustments or answer questions on files, changes from default etc. I've made so many changes across the board, but in general, you should definitely find far better defensive awareness and marking compared to the default game, improved ball physics, better positioning, a defensive line which doesn't retreat like it used to, AI shooting from distance more, some more fouls, ability to play longer balls further (instead of falling short a lot of the time) more contextual errors as well as a more realistic pace (in terms of animations, ball speed, shot speed etc). It also includes lots of the fixes from the thread, people such as @papinho81, @Chris Davies and @manmachine worked on like the jokey adjustment, offside etc which have been hugely helpful to the gameplay.

In terms of this update, it's more compact and realistic in terms of positioning than before and I've worked on creating more of a difference between the good and bad teams/players (represented in passing ability and athleticism). There's other changes as well such as GK (you should find it easier to finish 'easy' chances - I've always found it far too difficult to put away these chances on FIFA) plus other small changes here and there. It might not be to everyone's taste and it can be tricky to create chances, but I think that's a far better option to what we had from default.

I've included the project files as well as the mod files, slider settings and some lines to add to locale.ini. In Frosty Mod Manager load them up 1,2,3 with 3 at the bottom of the list.There's a couple of changes to the locale.ini compared to the last mod too. In regards to slider settings I use @Matt10 OS V3 as my base with a couple of slight adjusments. These are great but I should say that sometimes the reason I haven't set some values back to default is purely because I've always played with these and they have been my reference point to mod from, so that's why I recommend you use them the way they're represented and not just on 50. If you’re playing shorter halves, adjustments to run frequency or full backs should help but I know @Chris Davies has a slider set he is working on also for shorter halves for the mod too. In regards to other settings (such as manual controls, even difficulty level etc), I've found this game is extremely touchy in terms of balance. So as I said last time, I can only account for how it plays on the settings I've suggested in the doc included in the download. Little things like ball speed for example can be impacted by manual controls, and acceleration can impact fouls, etc. Obviously play how you like, but you might have different experiences with it than what I can say I've had and honestly getting a balance in one difficulty level or control scheme is hard enough, let alone finding 4 haha.

Oh and I've also included the Emotion Engine Off and Match Intensity Off to add in as well. This should (I repeat should) help with scripting and weirdness in CM. I've found it helps, but I can't say 10000% for sure - Use it you like, if not it won't impact your general gameplay.

Hope you all enjoy it, I'm not precious about it, I just like the idea of being able to mod a football game with this much customisation. Any feedback is welcome and hopefully Frosty doesn't take too long to be available for 21 - looks like we'll need it!

Sim Gameplay 2.0 - https://mega.nz/file/UVFCVaDC#NVSAUvXfX_Ek2DPre6iu6IIgeCiwPiq0ybM2etT19M4

Last edited:
List of availables mods (WIP):

ThematicAuthorProject file download postKeywords
Anti Cheat@Anth Jameshttps://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3548254Anti Script; Anti CPU boost
Ball physics@Anth Jameshttps://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3549953v1; Freer ball physics; Slower driven pass; Increased field friction
Ball physics@Anth Jameshttps://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3551395v2; Freer ball physics; Slower driven pass; Increased field friction; Heavier ball; Impredictable shots; More header variations
Database edits@6ons1https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3549436Lower stats; Closer to woman style gameplay, Realism
Defending@manmachinehttps://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3548619Quicker and smarter reaction of defender in 1vs1 situations; Shorter content and secondary content distances
Defending@papinho81https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3534771Walk speed; Harder to dribble past; Quicker closing down; Advantage bug
Fouls@Anth Jameshttps://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3551395More fouls; More dives; More penalties, WIP
General@papinho81https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3545341Don't play it, this is shit!
Passing error@Anth Jameshttps://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3559424Better long ball error and more natural ground pass error
Perception AI@papinho81https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3541376Increase the overall player awareness; Higher match intensity
Positioning offside@papinho81https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3546806Higher lines; Less and shorter covering runs from the defenders
Are they all compatible together ?

No, mods that use same files will have conflicts and the file of the lower mod on the list will have the priority. But I think most mods in that list do not share files. You can check that in frosty mod manager.
ah ok but why are some files fb projects and some are fbmods ?

ah ok but why are some files fb projects and some are fbmods ?

Fbmods are ready to load into frosty mod manager. Even if frosty tels you they might be out of date they will work like intended.
fbprojects are mendatory in this thread, because it allows anyone sharing his edits and not a magical black box, so that anyone can have a look at it, then further tweak them to their liking. Also because every one might be playing a different version of the game (different patch) we asked the modders to release a project files so anyone can make it compatible with its own game version with frosty editor (by loading the project then exporting a fbmod to load into frosty). But I am 99.99% positive that gameplay fbmods files are cross game version compatible.

This ball physics is really nice. The ball rolls like in real professional match with short and wet turf.

Here some really interesting matches in full manual with Paulv2k4 4 alpha 7 + Evo-web mods (Perception-Jockey-Drivenpass speed 20) + Custom Squads + POSSESION_TOUCH=2
View attachment 48356
I would need more foults in midfield. I'll keep testing...
hey man could you say what exactly you used for this videos ? looks really cool

It's in the quoted text already:

Paulv2k4 4 alpha 7 + Evo-web mods (Perception-Jockey-Drivenpass speed 20) + Custom Squads + POSSESION_TOUCH=2
yea but what does Perception-Jockey-Drivenpass speed 20 and POSSESION_TOUCH=2 mean ?

yea but what does Perception-Jockey-Drivenpass speed 20 and POSSESION_TOUCH=2 mean ?
There's a description on page 1 which explains most of the mods and what they do individually. Otherwise if you have a read through the thread it'll start to make more sense.

what do match intensity and emotion engine do?
It seems to give boosts or reductions to AI. There might be benefits to it, but since turning it off I haven’t felt anything is missing, and I feel CM just feels a little more balanced. I would find in CM your team can just become a little stretched for no real reason, players leaving their positions a little more than they would under normal circumstances, something I just couldn’t quite put my finger on. I’m not 1000% sure it’s gone for sure but it seems to be better.

It seems to give boosts or reductions to AI. There might be benefits to it, but since turning it off I haven’t felt anything is missing, and I feel CM just feels a little more balanced. I would find in CM your team can just become a little stretched for no real reason, players leaving their positions a little more than they would under normal circumstances, something I just couldn’t quite put my finger on. I’m not 1000% sure it’s gone for sure but it seems to be better.
thanks
are these and perception mod the same and what mods do u use together?
i am kinda new to this

thanks
are these and perception mod the same and what mods do u use together?
i am kinda new to this
The idea for the thread has always been to learn what the files on frosty editor do so we can get a better grasp of it. There’s so many files in there which we need to learn and @papinho81 had the great idea we help each other as we learn. The mods you see listed are some of our discoveries as we go. Sometimes we speculate on what one particular file does and we send through the thread so we can all test. There’s a little description next to each one on what they do ( or at least suspect they do).

The Sim Mod I released pretty much just came about from spending lots of time using frosty editor and I ended up trying to put a full gameplay mod together as part of my process for learning. Up to you if you’re curious to try some of the smaller adjustments to compliment your game or if you want to try the full gameplay mod which is a bigger change to the gameplay (it’s made up of some of the mods in the list plus other changes).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom