Evoweb Gameplay Lab, FIFA 20 (Frostbite FIFAs?)

Have a look at this post: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/page-20#post-3588244

Just a few posts above. Watch the video, and if you like what you see, you will find the download link to my eSim Football mod in the video description.

By the way, I will probably release an update to that same mod in the next few days, then stop modding.
Holy shit dude. That looks awesome. Im gonna try it. However im still wondering if we can do anything about the players animations/movements speed. Thank you man

Holy shit dude. That looks awesome. Im gonna try it. However im still wondering if we can do anything about the players animations/movements speed. Thank you man

Let me know what you think about that version.

Maybe you will like my next and last version better, but I'm afraid that animations can't be changed via mods (I have already slowed them down as much as I could in my mod). Speed can be edited, and I have done that to the limit of Frosty. Slower than my mod, you will have to use sliders, or the gameplay will "break". Slowing the speed and pass speed in the sliders does have a slowing effect on kicking animations.

Last edited:

Maybe you will like my next and last version better, but I'm afraid that animations can't be changed via mods. Speed can be edited, and I have done that to the limit of Frosty. Slower than my mod, you will have to use sliders, or the gameplay will "break".
I was checking your latest mod - eSim football 1.0 over Youtube.
I downloaded the two files from the link. Can you tell me how to apply the mods?

I was checking your latest mod - eSim football 1.0 over Youtube.
I downloaded the two files from the link. Can you tell me how to apply the mods?

For the locale.ini: copy the file, go to your FIFA20 folder, then Data folder, paste (replace).
For the FBmod: open Frosty Manager, Import Mod, select my FBmod, Apply Mod, Launch.

Maybe you will like my next and last version better, but I'm afraid that animations can't be changed via mods (I have already slowed them down as much as I could in my mod). Speed can be edited, and I have done that to the limit of Frosty. Slower than my mod, you will have to use sliders, or the gameplay will "break". Slowing the speed and pass speed in the sliders does have a slowing effect on kicking animations.

Thanks for the reply. I will try as soon as possible and get back at you. Thank you for your work. You're awesome!
tenor.gif

Modding Fifa 21 Trial. Just Because.
For those curious, it's very very hard to spot actual changes. I'm sure there are differences but most values are almost exactly the same. At least for the subset of files that I can test. For example the jockey values? They are a carbon copy of the values used by EA post-patch in fifa 20 when they nerfed jockey. Same for the ball physics stuff that you can see in this clip (The "def" value is the fifa 20 default value, and these are also the default values in 21). Some files need some changes to work and other files may be missing in 21. Not sure at all. Just a quick & dirty test.

Last edited:
Modding Fifa 21 Trial. Just Because.
For those curious, it's very very hard to spot actual changes. I'm sure there are differences but most values are almost exactly the same. At least for the subset of files that I can test. For example the jockey values? They are a carbon copy of the values used by EA post-patch in fifa 20 when they nerfed jockey. Same for the ball physics stuff that you can see in this clip (The "def" value is the fifa 20 default value, and these are also the default values in 21). Some files need some changes to work and other files may be missing in 21. Not sure at all. Just a quick & dirty test.

So Cheat Engine had to be "rebuilt"? Cool to see it works and that the process is going to be the same. Porting any mod or making new one should be as easy as for 20, as soon as an editor becomes available.

Or can one use Cheat Engine to load set parameters?

So Cheat Engine had to be "rebuilt"? Cool to see it works and that the process is going to be the same. Porting any mod or making new one should be as easy as for 20, as soon as an editor becomes available.

Or can one use Cheat Engine to load set parameters?

Basically if a file exists in both fifa 20 & 21 and the file structure is the same, then the same CE script works just fine in both fifa 20 & 21 and you can see the values/make changes on the fly. That is all. For everything else, frosty is needed.

Basically if a file exists in both fifa 20 & 21 and the file structure is the same, then the same CE script works just fine in both fifa 20 & 21 and you can see the values/make changes on the fly. That is all. For everything else, frosty is needed.

Sorry for phrasing it in a bad way... What I meant to ask is:

Can I open CE and change parameters, then SAVE them, then APPLY them everytime I run CE?

This would basically mean being able to apply a Gameplay mod to FIFA 21 right now...

I'm not sure my question is clearer now... Sorry!

Sorry for phrasing it in a bad way... What I meant to ask is:

Can I open CE and change parameters, then SAVE them, then APPLY them everytime I run CE?

This would basically mean being able to apply a Gameplay mod to FIFA 21 right now...

I'm not sure my question is clearer now... Sorry!

Nah, as it stands no. It's mostly a curiosity thing. To see what certain values are and even tinker with them and test changes.

It's not impossible to do what you're saying, nothing is impossible, but the CE script would have to be significantly re-worked/extended to work that way. And even then waiting for frosty would probably be a much better way to actually make mods that everyone can use.

Anybody still interested?

This is probably going to be the last pre-FIFA 21 version, so I decided to release it with a cool name... :-P as "eSIM Football 1.0"

I still work on it basically every day, but I will now only release a next version when I feel considerable changes or progress have been made in one or few gameplay aspects.

I am still tweaking speed, acceleration and ball physics, but will also try to tackle goalkeepers, penalties, free kicks and long shots in the future.

One noticeable bug: sometimes the referee will let it go after a foul, only to call the foul 10 seconds later.

I will only switch to FIFA 21 if I can do the same kind of editing to gameplay, and I will probably "port" it in that case. Until then I will keep working on the FIFA 20 version.

Special thanks to @6ons1 for the help, the support, the feedback and for the video recording of the gameplay, which you can see below.

Download link in the video description.
Hello man, seems fantastic and hope this comes to FIFA 21 as well, but one thing: how do you install this exactly?

Anybody still interested?

This is probably going to be the last pre-FIFA 21 version, so I decided to release it with a cool name... :-P as "eSIM Football 1.0"

I still work on it basically every day, but I will now only release a next version when I feel considerable changes or progress have been made in one or few gameplay aspects.

I am still tweaking speed, acceleration and ball physics, but will also try to tackle goalkeepers, penalties, free kicks and long shots in the future.

One noticeable bug: sometimes the referee will let it go after a foul, only to call the foul 10 seconds later.

I will only switch to FIFA 21 if I can do the same kind of editing to gameplay, and I will probably "port" it in that case. Until then I will keep working on the FIFA 20 version.

Special thanks to @6ons1 for the help, the support, the feedback and for the video recording of the gameplay, which you can see below.

Download link in the video description.

You use Realism Mod by Fifer as well seen the kits of new season and turf?

The eSim mod really saves FIFA 20, as well with the live broadcast cam of Paul2k4, it really is a completely different gameplay

@tufkar84 I hope you can port the eSim gameplay to FIFA 21 as well, it is in your plans?

I'm glad to hear that, and next version coming out next week is going to be even better!

Paul does not make camera mods, the one you used is by @6ons1

Regarding FIFA21, it is not moddable yet, and I won't touch it until it will be. If and when it will be possible to edit licenses and gameplay, I will consider buying it, and if I do, I will definitely port the mod.
If I end up not buying it, I might help anybody willing to mod FIFA21 by sharing key strings and values.

I'm glad to hear that, and next version coming out next week is going to be even better!

Regarding FIFA21, it is not moddable yet, and I won't touch it until it will be. If and when it will be possible to edit licenses and gameplay, I will consider buying it, and if I do, I will definitely port the mod.
If I end up not buying it, I might help anybody willing to mod FIFA21 by sharing key strings and values.
Is there anyway i can get the liga nos kits extracted from fifa 21?

glad to hear you guys are still working on fifa 20. i've been slowly making my way through this thread—so many interesting insights to digest. i've had some success using different bits that have been posted here. my personal favourite is the 'perception' tweak from @papinho81. however, the problem i've been finding still is that the game is just to easy. it's so easy to score that doing so doesn't feel that satisfying / fun. it's far too easy to create space and 'get in behind' the AI

basically, i want to make it so hard to score that doing so requires real effort / ingenuity / skill. i think the problem with other people's mods is that we all prefer different things, play the game different ways, and so what one person finds challenging / rewarding isn't the same to another. that said, your recent mod did make it much harder to score, but the CPU struggled too. it also felt like my players were 'nerfed' a bit

ideally i want to keep my players' abilities untouched (default sliders, etc.) and make the CPU better. i've actually resorted to Ultimate difficulty which is unrealistic but provides a real challenge. to compensate for the CPU's outrageous ability to score on this setting i've set their shot error to 100, shot speed to 0, and my GK ability to 100. they still manage to score though! most importantly, they defend really well, and it is very difficult to score.

i thought i'd cracked it! but then in my fourth game (after drawing 2 and losing 1 with Morecambe in League 2) i won easily, 4-0. the CPU had turned into Zombies again.

i'm going to have another go tonight with some of @paulv2k4's locale.ini edits to try and disable 'adaptive difficulty', which i think (/ hope!) is the cause

glad to hear you guys are still working on fifa 20. i've been slowly making my way through this thread—so many interesting insights to digest. i've had some success using different bits that have been posted here. my personal favourite is the 'perception' tweak from @papinho81. however, the problem i've been finding still is that the game is just to easy. it's so easy to score that doing so doesn't feel that satisfying / fun. it's far too easy to create space and 'get in behind' the AI

basically, i want to make it so hard to score that doing so requires real effort / ingenuity / skill. i think the problem with other people's mods is that we all prefer different things, play the game different ways, and so what one person finds challenging / rewarding isn't the same to another. that said, your recent mod did make it much harder to score, but the CPU struggled too. it also felt like my players were 'nerfed' a bit

ideally i want to keep my players' abilities untouched (default sliders, etc.) and make the CPU better. i've actually resorted to Ultimate difficulty which is unrealistic but provides a real challenge. to compensate for the CPU's outrageous ability to score on this setting i've set their shot error to 100, shot speed to 0, and my GK ability to 100. they still manage to score though! most importantly, they defend really well, and it is very difficult to score.

i thought i'd cracked it! but then in my fourth game (after drawing 2 and losing 1 with Morecambe in League 2) i won easily, 4-0. the CPU had turned into Zombies again.

i'm going to have another go tonight with some of @paulv2k4's locale.ini edits to try and disable 'adaptive difficulty', which i think (/ hope!) is the cause

Making it hard to score is actually pretty easy editing any gameplay fbproject.

You can achieve the desired result in many ways, but the easiest way is to actually raise Marking Importance value, and lower Defender loses Attacker rate and Defender loses Attacker time. I can't share exact values right now, but these values alone makes it so that defenders NEVER give your attacker a break.

Making it hard to score is actually pretty easy editing any gameplay fbproject.

You can achieve the desired result in many ways, but the easiest way is to actually raise Marking Importance value, and lower Defender loses Attacker rate and Defender loses Attacker time. I can't share exact values right now, but these values alone makes it so that defenders NEVER give your attacker a break.
ok well that sounds promising! i'll look for the relevant files in Frosty tonight—thanks

to elaborate on my above post—and i've seen it discussed here—the problem is the CPU's passivity. sometimes it is so easy to dribble past them, they just don't seem interested in tackling / getting the ball. also, sometimes a skill move seems to 'stun' them—or they just literally move out of the way

a related issue is when dribbling in behind with a winger, the CPU wing back or CB won't really bother chasing back. or they'll run until they're level with you and then start jogging again letting you get away

i've gone through entire thread and know this issue has been discussed before, but my understanding was that it had not yet been resolved completely

Last edited:
My latest mod includes Papinho's perception trick. Try it as a standalone and see if you like it.

I use no tricks, but there is indeed a command in Frosty that "delays" the defender's reaction when the attacker performs a trick.

My recommendation in the previous post will definitely help with passive defenders.

I will try to post an updated mod that addresses these issues. But the truth is that I am not playing FIFA much these days

End of October, and end of the line for me and FIFA20. So I publish my latest update to the Gameplay Mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/38xc5jozxi67sq5/eSim_Football_Gameplay_Mod_2.0.zip/file

It includes the fbmod, the locale.ini and recommended sliders.

You can use it with default sliders, but my recommended sliders are meant to give gameplay a slower tempo and more spacing, and will probably suit PES players more.

Enjoy and let me have your comments!

Last edited:
End of October, and end of the line for me and FIFA20. So I publish my latest update to the Gameplay Mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/38xc5jozxi67sq5/eSim_Football_Gameplay_Mod_2.0.zip/file

It includes the fbmod, the locale.ini and recommended sliders.

You can use with default sliders, but my recommend sliders are meant to give gameplay a slower tempo and more spacing, and will probably suit PES players more.

Enjoy and let me have your comments!
thanks for all your hard work tufkar and for helping me specifically. it is much appreciated

i've actually almost given up on 'frostbite fifa' and i'm now in the process of trying to update fifa 16!

that said, i think i'll fire up fifa 20 tonight and give your latest mod a spin :)

thanks!

Too bad I'm having stuttering with v2.0, checked my graphic settings, but it should be ok which it isn't ingame. However I liked both versions, so will go back to V1 instead

Too bad I'm having stuttering with v2.0, checked my graphic settings, but it should be ok which it isn't ingame. However I liked both versions, so will go back to V1 instead

My gameplay mods did not touch any graphical aspect of the game, so any stuttering must be due to other mods or random conditions.

I'm so late to the party but this thread is exactly what I've been looking for for a while. Didn't think I would find it on evoweb. Great stuff.

edit: in case anyone is looking, paul's mod has been working for a while on FIFA 21 and allows GP edits.

Back
Top Bottom