Evoweb Gameplay Lab, FIFA 20 (Frostbite FIFAs?)

played a couple of games today . the game is a lot better with these mods, enjoying it. shame that cant get the camera as far out on some stadiums, play at most of the prem grounds and can zoom right out, cant when playing with leeds, hopefully will be able to when elland road comes to the game next week.

I never played FIFA 21 but I played FIFA and PES for sooo long time.
My comments watching the videos

PROS
Good flow of the game
Good pace of the game
Players seems more "natural" on the field
Fantastic camera and realistic visuals
Good compactness

CONS
Sometimes the CPU seems to use high passes even when not necessary.
CPU AI aggressivness (big one). Do they actually challenge the ball ? (I don't play the game so I ask)

cheers
Thanks mate for your quick review. Yes, EA increased high passes ratio this year. I'm trying to edit them.
Now I was trying to rise CPU aggressiveness and fouls.

I tested reducing Ball Control in Squads DB to 50% and the result is awesome.
played a couple of games today . the game is a lot better with these mods, enjoying it. shame that cant get the camera as far out on some stadiums, play at most of the prem grounds and can zoom right out, cant when playing with leeds, hopefully will be able to when elland road comes to the game next week.
I'm glad you enjoy the Mods. That is my goal.

There are some stadiums with low zoom/height range by defautl, that can be edited (widen) easily. Tell me the list of stadiums you saw have this issue.

Great to know.
I’m going to install the game when we will have solid graphic mods for kits and team names ect and definitive gp mods .

I forgot to post it here...:PRAY:

The green pitch which EA deleted. A game changer for Career Mode...
hello, pls can you tell me how you play without chants volume? how you disable ? because when i disable inside game i cant here the ball voise and players?
can you help me pls?

I forgot to post it here...:PRAY:

The green pitch which EA deleted. A game changer for Career Mode...
Hi, I am a little bit late to the Party. I just reinstalled Fifa 20 yesterday after playing some weeks PES 2021. Than Fifa 17, 18, 19, and yeah now I will give Fifa 20 a new try. I didn´t bought Fifa 21 after I tested it in early Access Phase via Origin. Was to bad for me to purchase it. Anyway one of the reasons for my next Fifa 20 Episode is your modding work. I see the beautiful Pitch which is missing hard in Fifa 19. And also I see this GP here on YT and was amazed. I didn´t realized that also the Fifa community is working at Evo Web. ;-)
Maybe the train is driven away with this thread because most playing Fifa 21 I guess, but wanna just say your Teams GP is a very welcome one! Much more realistic than EA ever wanted it to be. Thanks for the work on that and that fresh green looking Pitch.
Last question: Do your work continues in Fifa 21?? Maybe that could be a reason to buy the game finally. Forgot to mention your Broadcast cam is awesome too.
Cheers

View attachment 42854

Welcome to the Evoweb Gameplay Lab thread!

Gameplay work released by the lab members:

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3532073

Cheat Engine table to test variables on the fly:
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/evoweb-gameplay-lab-fifa-20-frostbite-fifas.82886/post-3532074

Why this thread:

The goal of this thread is to encourage PC FIFA players to share their knowledge and discoveries about FIFA20 gameplay modding.
(Others Frostbite FIFAs knowledge might be also relevant?)

If you have ever used Frosty Editor to have a look at possibly relevant gameplay files you might have been, like me, amazed and at the same time overwhelmed about the number of those files and the quantity of variables each file contains.
There are files that control the physics (ball, air, net, pitch, ect...), the actors movements (even facial ones), the referee strictness, the CPU AI difficulty, the error/success of all types of actions (pass, dribble, tackle, shot, ect..), players positioning (marking, covering, ect...), ect... It is just crazy!

There is surely in there the ingredients that can help making this game leaning toward a more simulation gameplay. But a one man life (ok...year) is not enough to explore all this. So let's join our forces in this exploration process. Let's take the opposite direction of the current FIFA modding trend and let's happily share knowledge between each others, without any other goal than helping each others and trying to make this game to better fit each one taste.

The idea is not to make a new gameplay patch but really to share explorations and their outcomes, so anyone can come here and use the information to build his own gameplay mod. If you want a finished product ready to put in your game, well this thread is not really for you.

Bellow you can find a suggestion for the format of the exploration feedback to try keeping things organised and easing the use of the search function.
I might try to list the most impact full findings at some point if the thread goes somewhere.

I hope we will be many to join the gameplay LAB and to share our discoveries! Let's make this FIFA good if not great!

Format of the feedback:

- File Name (ie: gp_physics_physics_runtime)
- Variable 1 Name (ie: BallDensity), Default value=n (ie: 1), Tried value(s)=n1,n2,... (ie: 0.001, 100)
- Observations: some text describing what changed. (ie: With low value (0.001) the ball flight into the sky after the kick off pass and never landed back)
-Variable 2 Name, Default value=n, Tried value(s)=n1,n2,...
- Observations: blablabla...

- File Name (ie: locale.ini)
- Variable 1 Name, Default value=n Tried value(s)=n1,n2,...
- Observations: some text describing what changed.
-Variable 2 Name, Default value=n, Tried value(s)=n1,n2,...
- Observations: blablabla...

PS: Sliders... I think sliders won't affect the direction of an outcome (ie: increase or decrease error), if anything it might only affect the strength of the outcome (ie: a lot of error or a bit of error). So just use your favourite sliders during the exploration process.
Hi Papinho, very nice thread! I know I am a little bit late to the Party ( Fifa 21 is long ago released ( I still avoid buying it and playin it )), but your investigations looking in depth and very interesting. Yesterday I reinstalled Fifa 20 after a long weeks Session of PES 2021. But I am that kind of ESoccer Player that can´t let his Fingers from both game Series. I guess this is the same for you and any participants here at EVO Web Fifa thread. I played today 2 matches with this GP and it was very welcome as it´s feels ways smoother and not so heavy scripted like Vanilla. I really like it. Doin some more matches these days to test further on. I don´t actually know if this thread is transformed into a Fifa 21 Thread but for me it´s a golden success to discovered it. Uusually I use Fidel Doctor + FAES Gameplay but now I am able to consider both Gp´s.
I didn´t try the cheat Engine for the on the fly changes, but I will now. Nice move to create such a one.
Happy modding!
Cheers

Hi mate!

Really appreciated your words.

Yeap, I go on with FIFA21. Too many mods to make yet.

Check my YT channel to watch other mods, like eSIM gameplay mod, with @tufkar84 collaboration.

If you have any doubt, let me know.

Hi mate!

Really appreciated your words.

Yeap, I go on with FIFA21. Too many mods to make yet.

Check my YT channel to watch other mods, like eSIM gameplay mod, with @tufkar84 collaboration.

If you have any doubt, let me know.
Great news, Mate. I will watch your YT Channel and your Postings. What Fifa 21 most needs is someone who take care about the Gameplay. Also nice to see more than 1 People work on such an Project. Good for improvement and feedback. Also my congrats to @tufkar84 for the GP.
cu

Guys, I won't say too much about it, but give this a try! For me, easily the most sim experience I've had with FIFA 20 to this point. As I always say, it isn't perfect, it will continue to be improved as we learn more about the editor and files, but give it a go and see what you think.

Project files included as well as a slightly adjusted OS V3 sliders, settings to use/locale.ini lines to add in. I would describe it as much more solid than the last few attempts. I'm finding it positionally to be better (possibly some big fixes in there), lots of midfield and hard to break teams down. It's nowhere near as 'slidey' as the last piece of **** I uploaded the other day and pass error is subtle but there.

Sim gameplay mod 1.0 -
https://mega.nz/file/MEc3gIyA#xOqGx7fmriqWZ488OmjQ6BzudWLatAK21Jiv-w_nvvI
Tested it yesterday. A pain to discover your guys thread not earlier. :D
I wonder about the compact midfield from the AI. First I thought it´s a bug and I can easily work through the box but than the AI done a good job to avoid that. Must test more but great success to see something complete behaviour change of the AI. Today I will test Version 2. Curious

Tested it yesterday. A pain to discover your guys thread not earlier. :D
I wonder about the compact midfield from the AI. First I thought it´s a bug and I can easily work through the box but than the AI done a good job to avoid that. Must test more but great success to see something complete behaviour change of the AI. Today I will test Version 2. Curious
Great to see you've come across some of these. It was certainly a big effort trying to figure out these files. I was very focused on it for a while but ultimately became frustrated with some core elements of the gameplay and let it go. I was all ready to go for 21, but the 1v1 feature was even worse and I couldn't handle it!

Great to see you've come across some of these. It was certainly a big effort trying to figure out these files. I was very focused on it for a while but ultimately became frustrated with some core elements of the gameplay and let it go. I was all ready to go for 21, but the 1v1 feature was even worse and I couldn't handle it!
Don´t worry, you did a great job, Anth! Features like the 1v1 is another scripted so hard the EXE thing, that many modders bite their teeth out on it. Its always the same, first with a new fresh Idea of GP modders the gp feels different and become like from ghost hands back in some areas to EA scripted shit.
Anyway, good to hear some guys working on Fifa 21 GP. It´s maybe finally a decision that I buy the game.
Yesterday I tested the next GP from you. I installed the Ball 2.0 and the pass fbmods. I started in 2. Bundesliga with Paderborn and I lost my first League match 2:3 against Heidenheim with the 2.0 SIm Gp mod. Like I mentioned I changed to the other 2 mods and I lost 0:5 against St. Pauli. Both on Legendary. Usually I played on Ultimative because I didn´t loose that much games on Legendary. This shows me your GP was in the right direction. :D
I don´t care if I lost 2 games or maybe more in a season on Legendary. The main factor is I "can" lost. That´s more worth for me.
The AI dribbling was very good that I often run into the empty space and the Attacker pass me easy. That is something I must learn new. Maybe you mean that with you couldn´t handle the 1v1 accurate. Feels a little bit to easy for the AI to dribble me out of course. But these are things the Vanilla gp never ever presented... an successfull AI dribbling. Needs a bit fine tuning. But I like that the AI is focused to score goals directly and don´t do fancy things instead of using their chances in front of goal.
I will mix the gp modis from Post 2 for more variation, maybe I find me sweep spot.
Yeah it´s unfortunetly the same mess with the GP from Fifa 21. I tested it already at the release in the Trial from Origin. It was such a worse development into the false direction again. Good to have still Fifa 16 to switch back if we want.

Hello! I still follow this thread.
I asked you a question on your last Youtube GP mod video.
I ask also here. Maybe somebody is interested in it.

Fifamod manager Software says to me that this mod is for an older fifa version. Is therea newer version or can I use it anyway?
Other question. is it compatible with GFX Mod? Thanks a lot for your job!

Hello! I still follow this thread.
I asked you a question on your last Youtube GP mod video.
I ask also here. Maybe somebody is interested in it.

Fifamod manager Software says to me that this mod is for an older fifa version. Is therea newer version or can I use it anyway?
Other question. is it compatible with GFX Mod? Thanks a lot for your job!

You can ignore the warning, as the gameplay mod is compatible with all versions.

GFX mod, it depends on what you use. I understand the GFX mod guy has its own gameplay mod... but I don't know if it's all-in-one or separate files. If they are separate, yes, you can use the eSim gameplay mod for gameplay and basically any other non-gameplay mod with it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop the CPU from dribbling so much and increase the amount of crosses? I've gone up and down with the x and y axes for the crossing functions and I don't see a difference in gameplay either way.

You can ignore the warning, as the gameplay mod is compatible with all versions.

GFX mod, it depends on what you use. I understand the GFX mod guy has its own gameplay mod... but I don't know if it's all-in-one or separate files. If they are separate, yes, you can use the eSim gameplay mod for gameplay and basically any other non-gameplay mod with it.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop the CPU from dribbling so much and increase the amount of crosses? I've gone up and down with the x and y axes for the crossing functions and I don't see a difference in gameplay either way.
Have a look in gp_cpuai , gp_cpuaidribbledecision and gp_cpuaicrossingdecision

@Anth James Thanks for the help. I've not tried cpuaidribbledecision yet as there are lot of options. But I have tried cpuaicrossingdecision set x and y to 0 and 100 and not seen any difference. Do you have any suggestions on values that you've seen work here? I'm really sure where to start here as I can't even get extreme effects working.

Have a look in gp_cpuai , gp_cpuaidribbledecision and gp_cpuaicrossingdecision

@Anth James Thanks for the help. I've not tried cpuaidribbledecision yet as there are lot of options. But I have tried cpuaicrossingdecision set x and y to 0 and 100 and not seen any difference. Do you have any suggestions on values that you've seen work here? I'm really sure where to start here as I can't even get extreme effects working.
I don't think I ever really played around with those values in particular. From memory though, and in general it seems like the Y axis is the one you want to be manipulating more than the X. I think X seems to be a reference point and Y is the value which makes change. I'm not entirely 100% sure this applies to all values but that's what I found in my experience.

I've become a little curious about trying to fix the midfield tracking problem from FIFA 21. I do like certain elements of FIFA 21 - especially the heavier ball physics so I thought I'd have a go and see if anything good can come out of it (definitely not confident though).

I had a bit of a go a few months ago but I didn't have any luck. I've had another look today into some of the newer options in the gameplay files for this year and I've made a couple of decent discoveries in relation to positioning which are interesting. These are early impressions and I need to test further but so far this is what I've found...

1. In FIFA/Attribulator/Gameplay/groups/gp_positioning , there's a file called 'DeeperMFLineWeighForFastBuildUp'. This was set to 1 by default. I've changed this to -1 and the result is really good. When you lose the ball the defensive team doesn't retreat like they would - they hold their position much higher and keep the pressure on forcing you to have to work the ball up the pitch with much more thought.

2. The other thing I've changed is a group of files in the FIFA/Attribulator/Gameplay/groups/gp_positioning group.
They are 'minWingerposfor8ManBehindBall', 'minDMposfor8ManBehindBall', 'minCMposfor8ManBehindBall' and so on (7,8,9).

For all of those files I first tested the Y axis to a much higher rate than default and this resulted in the midfielders and wingers staying extremely high up the pitch when they aren't in possession - not good!

I then changed the Y axis to extremely low values (0.01 and so on) and I'm now seeing my midfielders and wingers dropping into much deeper positions and helping out the defensive duties more with their tracking. There's overall a little more movement off the ball on the defensive side. So based on this it seems as though the Y axis is telling the DM for example not to engage beyond a certain position on the pitch and by lowering this it allows them to track into areas they previously wouldn't.

It's by no means fixed yet and there's definitely still plenty of issues, but from a couple of adjustments it seems like I'm seeing some kind of a positive change. I will test more and see what happens. If anyone else is keen to get on board and see if we can try and solve this that would be great too.

Edit: I played 1 game and was seeing some good things but as soon as I started my second game it was business as usual with both midfielders just sitting there on the edge of the box. ARGH why is this game so broken!!:RANT::RANT::RANT:

Last edited:
I've become a little curious about trying to fix the midfield tracking problem from FIFA 21. I do like certain elements of FIFA 21 - especially the heavier ball physics so I thought I'd have a go and see if anything good can come out of it (definitely not confident though).

I had a bit of a go a few months ago but I didn't have any luck. I've had another look today into some of the newer options in the gameplay files for this year and I've made a couple of decent discoveries in relation to positioning which are interesting. These are early impressions and I need to test further but so far this is what I've found...

1. In FIFA/Attribulator/Gameplay/groups/gp_positioning , there's a file called 'DeeperMFLineWeighForFastBuildUp'. This was set to 1 by default. I've changed this to -1 and the result is really good. When you lose the ball the defensive team doesn't retreat like they would - they hold their position much higher and keep the pressure on forcing you to have to work the ball up the pitch with much more thought.

2. The other thing I've changed is a group of files in the FIFA/Attribulator/Gameplay/groups/gp_positioning group.
They are 'minWingerposfor8ManBehindBall', 'minDMposfor8ManBehindBall', 'minCMposfor8ManBehindBall' and so on (7,8,9).

For all of those files I first tested the Y axis to a much higher rate than default and this resulted in the midfielders and wingers staying extremely high up the pitch when they aren't in possession - not good!

I then changed the Y axis to extremely low values (0.01 and so on) and I'm now seeing my midfielders and wingers dropping into much deeper positions and helping out the defensive duties more with their tracking. There's overall a little more movement off the ball on the defensive side. So based on this it seems as though the Y axis is telling the DM for example not to engage beyond a certain position on the pitch and by lowering this it allows them to track into areas they previously wouldn't.

It's by no means fixed yet and there's definitely still plenty of issues, but from a couple of adjustments it seems like I'm seeing some kind of a positive change. I will test more and see what happens. If anyone else is keen to get on board and see if we can try and solve this that would be great too.

Edit: I played 1 game and was seeing some good things but as soon as I started my second game it was business as usual with both midfielders just sitting there on the edge of the box. ARGH why is this game so broken!!:RANT::RANT::RANT:
Yeah, the Gameplay make no sense at all. From time to time I also try to find more good aspects than worse when I returned to Fifa 21. But the scripted gameplay hits you right in the Face. I wonder if the EA devs play the game before they release it?! And I would be curious what they talk about their "End Product".
I really guess this year is complete waste of time try to find something positive GP related. Last week I played it on Legendary Level as usual and I stopped after 2,5 games. First game I lost 3-5, second game the amount of goals was long time acceptable (playing 2x7 Minutes) but at the end the AI Midfield and their Strikers running over my defense like they wanted to Conquer Sparda. No chance to defend my own skin without tackle them hard or even with a rude foul because their supernatural Dribbling Skills are protect them from my atempt to clear things with a decent Roy Keane Tackling.
Nah, nah, the Game is lost.

So after all the news this week I decided to fire up FIFA 20 and my old gameplay mod to see how it felt. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the experience after all of this time. I forgot how much time I actually spent on this thing!

I know 20 is looked on very unfavorably and to a very large part I agree, but there are still some aspects of the game with the mod I enjoy still (and in some regards I think it's an improvement to what we got out of a 20/21 title). I find there are passages where this game plays quite well - and passages where it can be pretty awful.

My biggest focus on the mod was to make the game more defensive focused and less of a goal fest. I did this by trying to address positioning (much more narrow team shape, covering passing lanes and less retreating), improve physicality and more human error on passing/shooting/first touch to create bigger differences between players and teams.

I also spent a lot of time on trying to make the ball feel and look more natural (especially when coming off the boot).

I looked a little at speed of turning/player weight, but I didn't address much about the movement of the players/animations - so it's still 'skatey'.

The dreaded 1v1 problem was the worst thing about this game and it couldn't be eliminated - but playing with the mod it's definitely improved from what it was (and even at default, it was nowhere near as bad as FIFA 21 in this regard). You should see less of defensive players 'giving up' to focus on a different target with this mod - the chase should remain aggressive for the most part.

The base of the mod was @Matt10 OS sliders (which I've included in the download).

If anyone still has 20 installed (or you're back here on a journey of going through every football game again (I'm looking at you @Chris Davies :LMAO: ) maybe give this a go as it might improve your experience.

Anth's FIFA 20 Gameplay Mod - https://mega.nz/file/URsQEBTT#MinE7DIHTE56XK8G0vCQJuo0-2ohuGu7wp7eVi-_jxU

Last edited:
So after all the news this week I decided to fire up FIFA 20 and my old gameplay mod to see how it felt. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the experience after all of this time. I forgot how much time I actually spent on this thing!

I know 20 is looked on very unfavorably and to a very large part I agree, but there are still some aspects of the game with the mod I enjoy still (and in some regards I think it's an improvement to what we got out of a 20/21 title). I find there are passages where this game plays quite well - and passages where it can be pretty awful.

My biggest focus on the mod was to make the game more defensive focused and less of a goal fest. I did this by trying to address positioning (much more narrow team shape, covering passing lanes and less retreating), improve physicality and more human error on passing/shooting/first touch to create bigger differences between players and teams.

I also spent a lot of time on trying to make the ball feel and look more natural (especially when coming off the boot).

I looked a little at speed of turning/player weight, but I didn't address much about the movement of the players/animations - so it's still 'skatey'.

The dreaded 1v1 problem was the worst thing about this game and it couldn't be eliminated - but playing with the mod it's definitely improved from what it was (and even at default, it was nowhere near as bad as FIFA 21 in this regard). You should see less of defensive players 'giving up' to focus on a different target with this mod - the chase should remain aggressive for the most part.

The base of the mod was @Matt10 OS sliders (which I've included in the download).

If anyone still has 20 installed (or you're back here on a journey of going through every football game again (I'm looking at you @Chris Davies :LMAO: ) maybe give this a go as it might improve your experience.

Anth's FIFA 20 Gameplay Mod - https://mega.nz/file/URsQEBTT#MinE7DIHTE56XK8G0vCQJuo0-2ohuGu7wp7eVi-_jxU
Thanks for another Attempt to avoid the games unbreakable hunger to try tweaking the results in direction Handball results. :D
Very welcome, Anth. I already downloaded it and will test it after work this evening. I have still all Fifa´s installed from 16-21, though.
Just yesterday I played some matches of Fifa 20 and 21 on my XBox Series X. I was curious about the gameplay consider to PC. Not many news, but it feels a bit more fluid and the first thing I noticed in both Console Versions, the AI shoots from outside the box. I never saw an AI goal shooting in my own goal where the Leftwing Striker turns inside direction of my box and half way he shots an finesse shot with the right foot directly in the the free long corner of my goal. My goalie had no chance. In the games progress the AI tried it 2 times again, playing 2x6 minutes for testing many opponents. Also I had the feeling the Fifa 21 gameplay was not that much Fifa street dribbling to death bullshit. Of course the dribblings are there but on PC with default game it was not so overhelming. For Fifa 20 I can say it´s rarely better with defensive behaviour. When I run down the line with my RB or LB the AI let me go through. Same on my defense behaviour. :-(

WEll, so let´s test your new Gameplay for Fifa 20 PC.

Thanks for another Attempt to avoid the games unbreakable hunger to try tweaking the results in direction Handball results. :D
Very welcome, Anth. I already downloaded it and will test it after work this evening. I have still all Fifa´s installed from 16-21, though.
Just yesterday I played some matches of Fifa 20 and 21 on my XBox Series X. I was curious about the gameplay consider to PC. Not many news, but it feels a bit more fluid and the first thing I noticed in both Console Versions, the AI shoots from outside the box. I never saw an AI goal shooting in my own goal where the Leftwing Striker turns inside direction of my box and half way he shots an finesse shot with the right foot directly in the the free long corner of my goal. My goalie had no chance. In the games progress the AI tried it 2 times again, playing 2x6 minutes for testing many opponents. Also I had the feeling the Fifa 21 gameplay was not that much Fifa street dribbling to death bullshit. Of course the dribblings are there but on PC with default game it was not so overhelming. For Fifa 20 I can say it´s rarely better with defensive behaviour. When I run down the line with my RB or LB the AI let me go through. Same on my defense behaviour. :-(

WEll, so let´s test your new Gameplay for Fifa 20 PC.
Haha I have every football game since 2010 installed aside from 2 or 3. It’s a sickness!!

It’s not a new mod, it’s the same one - I just went back to it today after a long time without it.

Haha I have every football game since 2010 installed aside from 2 or 3. It’s a sickness!!

It’s not a new mod, it’s the same one - I just went back to it today after a long time without it.
Understood! But for me it´s always fun when I read something in the related Fifa threads related to gameplay and work on it. I instantly become the wish to test the game again, even I was apart for some time. ;-) Just for nostalgic. haha

Hi guys,

Thanks for this amazing resource, just found out about it now and I'm slowly making my way through it. I have made gameplay mods for FIFA 20 and 21, but I started a couple of days ago on my own gameplay documentation document. Thought I would share the few things I noticed, although you may have already have known this:

gp_actor_action_runtime

These files have an impact in-game, related to controlling out-of-possession speeds, and presumably the movement file controls in possession speeds?

ACTION_IntensityToSpeed
  • Editing this array to have all values at 0.001 causes all off-the-ball players to be completely immobile and static. Editing just [10] in that manner causes all off the ball players to be pretty static, as in they can’t sprint, but they can still walk normally/maybe a light jog. Editing [0]-[9] seems to change nothing though, which is weird. Changing [10] to 0.7 has a very similar impact 0.001, maybe slightly less drastic, but hard to tell.

ACTION_IntensityToAccel
  • Editing this array to have all values at 0.001 causes the game to feel a bit weirder, but maybe that’s placebo. In theory, it should make the off the ball players have a lot slower acceleration, therefore fewer runs, which maybe happens, but it’s not very noticeable
I haven't found any other fields in this file which have a noticeable impact in game

gp_actor_facialanim_runtime

Anyone even know what this file is for, other than just facial animations? Couldn't see any changes in game when editing

gp_actor_movement_runtime

This file looks to have a lot of useful stuff as you guys have discovered, as well as my testing. However, whenever I edit any value in this file, when dribbling with Neymar, sometimes the ball "teleports". Do any of you guys run into that as well?

Resurecting this thread because FIFA22 has a great base. Much better than what we had with 20 back in time.

Here is a first mod that target the defensive line positioning. More precisely how it breaks when players are following attackers runs.
With the mod, the d lines hold up together much better and also higher. It makes the game really more tactical both for the human and the cpu but also more physical.
It is not a fine tuned mod, just a try, but it holds up really well I think.

I will provide more details on the edited lines later. The edited file is gp_positioning_defense_general_runtime

Attachments

• Mod.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
In addition to the help with the defensive line cohesion, the above mod makes your teammates way more reliable. Yes, I said reliable. When they are marking someone, they will not give up for no reason. No need to switch between your players like crazy with it. Even central midfielders are joining the defence. Breaking the CPU defence is also tougher.

Last edited:
Resurecting this thread because FIFA22 has a great base. Much better than what we had with 20 back in time.

Here is a first mod that target the defensive line positioning. More precisely how it breaks when players are following attackers runs.
With the mod, the d lines hold up together much better and also higher. It makes the game really more tactical both for the human and the cpu but also more physical.
It is not a fine tuned mod, just a try, but it holds up really well I think.

I will provide more details on the edited lines later. The edited file is gp_positioning_defense_general_runtime
Hey mate. Amazing work.
This was basically one of the most important part of gameplay that is missing in Fifa22. I hate so much when you can make dozen of touches with the ball.
If you look at a real game, you can see that players usually not doing more than 3 touches. But mostly it is even 2: first - stop the ball, then with very next touch they are passing the ball.
Before your mod I tried to fix this but setting in sliders marking ~85/95 (Human/CPU) and putting line height higher (~60). And its more or less working form me.

Tested your mod by playing ~10 games on legendary yesterday.

Changes are very noticeable when you are playing against teams that are not sitting too deep and are at least a bit pressing minded.
But when I was playing against passive teams like Newcastle and Burnley, they are still avoiding any defensive activity even on their own half. I'm not expecting them to press hard but at least to have a bit tighter marking.
This of course might be an issue with tactics and mentioned teams are using very extreme-defending setup, and not an issue with gameplay. It might be easier to adjust default tactics for that king of teams, rather then searching for a proper solution in gameplay parameters.

But anyway, thanks for a great start. Looking forward for another useful findings.

Back
Top Bottom