Evoweb Gameplay Lab, FIFA 20 (Frostbite FIFAs?)

Did you restart the match after you changed the value?

No... I will try

Also does the default display for say ball size match your expectation: 0.365 I think? Depending on if you edited with frosty the files you want to test in CE you might need to open the corresponding script and uncomment the correct define... line.

I have it at 0,379 and CE correctly picked it up.

Hi guys! Do you know what's the problem, after a few matches, players movement turns twitchy, as if locale.ini stops working... it happens every time. After this i copy my backup locale and it's good, few matches and it's happen again. And i noticed that, it happens when i play CL or EL match in career for example. I am using locale from @Anth James .

Hi guys! Do you know what's the problem, after a few matches, players movement turns twitchy, as if locale.ini stops working... it happens every time. After this i copy my backup locale and it's good, few matches and it's happen again. And i noticed that, it happens when i play CL or EL match in career for example. I am using locale from @Anth James .
I haven’t come across that man but if it’s happening maybe don’t use the lines I posted. Might be conflicting with something?

I’m not so sure on the gameplay 2.0 anymore! I really like some elements and others I’m not so sure of the more I play. Sometimes I think it plays well, others it’s a bit fast and AI too direct again. I just need to remember it’s positive to learn the files regardless, but still so frustrating!

Last edited:

Today there was a FiFA update, and updates restore the default locale.

Are you sure you haven't updated?

Anyway, I have always known that game speed is random in FIFA... Based on nation and match importance I guess...

Anyway, I have always known that game speed is random in FIFA... Based on nation and match importance I guess...
Locale is ok. I think problem is in random speed, i dont know about this. Thank you !

the game updated today. now can`t run game from frosty mod manager, what to do? any fix for this?

FMM works even after an update.

Some mods will not work after an update.

But all mods shared here will work after any update.

Just delete the Data mod folder in the FIFA folder and ignore messages telling you mods were made for different versions.

Larger mods like Infinity, Fifer, and so on... Will not work after an update and you have to wait for a new version

Does Champion's League play faster do you think?

A good quick fix people can make for long passing is in kickpass_gp - kickpass_passing - PASS_DistanceLobGraph. If you increase the Y axis slightly for all 15 variables you can get some extra distance on your long passes. I've always found the long passing to fall slightly short on FIFA, this really helps you be able to switch the ball better.

Meanwhile I've deleted my earlier post with links to the new mod I was working on. I woke up today and hated it haha - it's a little 'slidey' and was annoying me! Working on getting it to a better level.

FMM works even after an update.

Some mods will not work after an update.

But all mods shared here will work after any update.

Just delete the Data mod folder in the FIFA folder and ignore messages telling you mods were made for different versions.

Larger mods like Infinity, Fifer, and so on... Will not work after an update and you have to wait for a new version
thanks for the info mate! I had fifer mod also and that`s why game can`t run. Thank you :)

@papinho81 I gave those values a try. I see what you're saying! I quite like it, even with that extreme value, I hadn't really noticed much negativity about what it brought, have you? I definitely saw more movement and tracking into the box - great work.

I played 2 games yesterday with it together with the bad offside and the jokey mod and I liked how it played. It was maybe a bit too open and it could also take an improved ball physics. I didn't see any drawback of being using it except if you are looking for less pressure throughout the pitch.
I also had more fouls, probably because with it players are closer and then there is more opportunities for collisions.

I think I ve had better succes with @Anth James first gameplay version with the fouls. But I just used the 2 mods I mentioned while you are using them with others and sliders, am I right?

😓

I am currently using my own mod (called More fouls and New Ball btw), plus Perception and Gameplay Test mods; sliders (with Control Error to 100); and edited locale with a few lines about Agreessiveness and Match Importance.

So when i play premier league match for Arsenal, my players movement is ok, after that i start EL final(for Arsenal too), and OMG whats's going on??? So twitchy movement. It seems like the game just ignore locale.ini. It's true in Serie A I really enjoy playing for Atalanta, gameplay smooth and slow.

I played 2 games yesterday with it together with the bad offside and the jokey mod and I liked how it played. It was maybe a bit too open and it could also take an improved ball physics. I didn't see any drawback of being using it except if you are looking for less pressure throughout the pitch.
I also had more fouls, probably because with it players are closer and then there is more opportunities for collisions.
That's great, I'll give it more of a run. I'm looking at trying to 'wake the zombies' with a couple of files. I'm wondering if the playerbehaviour - lookatbehaviour files have something more to do than just the animation of players turning their head. There's so many variables in there that surely it has to do more than that. I'm also looking at some of the perception files in player behaviour too (mainly perceptionincreaseforlookingatball/actor). I swear I've seen some midfielders tracking into the box today in some games, I just haven't worked out if it's coming from one of the marking files or somewhere else and it doesn't always happen..

😓

I am currently using my own mod (called More fouls and New Ball btw), plus Perception and Gameplay Test mods; sliders (with Control Error to 100); and edited locale with a few lines about Agreessiveness and Match Importance.

I am sorry mate to make you repeat yourself :WORSHIP:.

I don't know why but I thought you were using a more elaborated slider set with higher line length ect.

I am curious do you see the ref advantage bug from time to time? The walk speed at 0.18, which is what contain the gameplay test mod, caused this bug in my experience. I tried with 0.15 and I have no bug but it makes the game more open.

Last edited:
That's great, I'll give it more of a run. I'm looking at trying to 'wake the zombies' with a couple of files. I'm wondering if the playerbehaviour - lookatbehaviour files have something more to do than just the animation of players turning their head. There's so many variables in there that surely it has to do more than that. I'm also looking at some of the perception files in player behaviour too (mainly perceptionincreaseforlookingatball/actor). I swear I've seen some midfielders tracking into the box today in some games, I just haven't worked out if it's coming from one of the marking files or somewhere else and it doesn't always happen..

I did some test with both files, but really far from being exhaustive. I think they can help to make players more aware and may be to change a bit their focus.
There is a variable at the bottom of the lookatbehavior file that says something like min time since no look at target change or something... I decreased it by half and I think it helped making players more aware. They were looking around more often and communicating about danger more often with their teammates. You know when they show a free players with their finger.

Plays much better with the mods. Still annoying that when you're defending and press for secondary press the game brings out a centre back instead of the closest midfielder. You're forced to defend using the furthest defender away from the ball to have any joy using the press button.

But still great work by all involved.

I am sorry mate to make you repeat yourself :WORSHIP:.

I don't know why but I thought you were using a more elaborated slider set with higher line length ect.

I am curious do you see the ref advantage bug from time to time? The walk speed at 0.18, which is what contain the gameplay test mod, caused this bug in my experience. I tried with 0.15 and I have no bug but it makes the game more open.

No, the sad smiley was because of not getting the desired results with fouls... Yes, I do use sliders for team lenght, depth and width.

I remember seeing that bug in the past, thought it was because some values with the referee was changed, so I stopped using that mod, but I can't remember what was the name of that. I am still using the one called "Gameplay Test".

Last edited:
I did some test with both files, but really far from being exhaustive. I think they can help to make players more aware and may be to change a bit their focus.
There is a variable at the bottom of the lookatbehavior file that says something like min time since no look at target change or something... I decreased it by half and I think it helped making players more aware. They were looking around more often and communicating about danger more often with their teammates. You know when they show a free players with their finger.
Yeah I found something similar. I'm going to dramatically lower all of the values and see where it gets me now. Something else I find which helps close things up a little is to increase defensive workrate in 'positioning - difficulty'. If you increase too much it does some weird stuff, but I usually got to 1.2 or 1.3 and leave the attacking workrate as it is and find it's helpful. This combined with marking tightness up by .1 or .2 is effective.

Edit: Oh and I think runpathblock in positioning, if you up the workrate values a few, match the side with the centre of the pitch (something I didn't do in the mod I released) I think it impacts the urgency a team moves across the pitch, like when the shuffle across and back into the middle etc.

Nope, I didn't test that variable yet. It sounds like a good reasoning.
I did it...not sure it does anything. I'll keep looking.
Edit: Actually this might be worth looking at.

Sometimes which I found has helped is I've changed your original defenderbadoffsideposition/rate to 0 for both. I was finding even with a tiny value the defender will follow the attacker for a short amount of time. 0 for both seems to have stopped that and keeps them from retreating a touch more.

Last edited:
Guys, I won't say too much about it, but give this a try! For me, easily the most sim experience I've had with FIFA 20 to this point. As I always say, it isn't perfect, it will continue to be improved as we learn more about the editor and files, but give it a go and see what you think.

Project files included as well as a slightly adjusted OS V3 sliders, settings to use/locale.ini lines to add in. I would describe it as much more solid than the last few attempts. I'm finding it positionally to be better (possibly some big fixes in there), lots of midfield and hard to break teams down. It's nowhere near as 'slidey' as the last piece of **** I uploaded the other day and pass error is subtle but there.

Sim gameplay mod 1.0 -
https://mega.nz/file/MEc3gIyA#xOqGx7fmriqWZ488OmjQ6BzudWLatAK21Jiv-w_nvvI

Last edited:
Guys, I won't say too much about it, but give this a try! For me, easily the most sim experience I've had with FIFA 20 to this point. As I always say, it isn't perfect, it will continue to be improved as we learn more about the editor and files, but give it a go and see what you think.

Project files included as well as usual sliders and setting recommendations. I would describe it as much more solid than the last few attempts. I'm finding it positionally to be better (possibly some big fixes in there), lots of midfield and hard to break teams down. It's nowhere near as 'slidey' as the last piece of **** I uploaded the other day and pass error is subtle but there.

Sim gameplay mod 1.0 -
https://mega.nz/file/dQNyVQyZ#wzFA-SixiZ54k1JhLm14mS5H-KgQ86Yy5JYvIMNpU5U

I'll check it out tonight. I finally got around to trying your previous release (as well other people's work in here) last night and it was the most fun I've had with FIFA 20 yet. It shows how much a passionate community can achieve. You can't fully polish a turd, but this thread is certainly getting there.

Project files included as well as usual sliders and setting recommendations. I would describe it as much more solid than the last few attempts. I'm finding it positionally to be better (possibly some big fixes in there), lots of midfield and hard to break teams down. It's nowhere near as 'slidey' as the last piece of **** I uploaded the other day and pass error is subtle but there.

Sim gameplay mod 1.0 -
https://mega.nz/file/dQNyVQyZ#wzFA-SixiZ54k1JhLm14mS5H-KgQ86Yy5JYvIMNpU5U

I have just played two games with this and what to say... I think it really deserves the name you gave it. It really plays much like a simulation. It is fun to play, it is challenging, it is fair and you are forced to think. Their is a lot of the sport I love in this.

What stroked me the most are
1) the ball physics, it feels really really good;
2) players movements are incredibly improved compared with the default game;
3) Positioning and marking are really good, there is no highway in this. Coupled with the improved one on one awareness of the cpu you can't just dribble or run your way to the goal. Also you can set efficiently traps to get the ball back from the cpu;
4) Contextual error when passing, shooting or dribbling is really great you better take the extra touch instead of going for a weird angle. Coupled with the point 3 it makes for more thinking and trade off. Also it is so nice to see the cpu missing a pass or a shot because it is pressed. Much less easy missed passes compared with the previous version. ;
5) Their is much more midfield battle and box battle.;
6) Their is a few fouls and appropriate call by the ref.;
7) The difference in quality between average and top team is really striking. I played Olympiakos then Bayern with Tottenham. I could easily dominate and shut down Olympiakos (even though I didn't manage to score 0-0) but Bayern was clearly the better team, having the ball and managing to create great chances but they still missed a few (I lost 1-0).

The game is really more defence oriented and I really like that! So far so good!

Video to illustrate what I am talking about: (Sorry about the quality, my shadowplay recordings are choppy since about 3 weeks)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom