EW Car Club & Racing Mondays

B

babs

We need to be getting a car and design for the club, let's get some designs and cars put forward. Maybe it's a little predictable but what about Mitsubishi Lancer Evos? :)

Is everyone up for racing tomorrow, the 23rd? I'll be on from shortly after 8 again.

I'm just waiting for Mart to actually get me some logo's etc, then I'll be cracking ahead with an Evo-Web car. ;)

I'm all for using an Evo VIII, probably the car I would have put it on anyway, so I'll get going on that whenever Mart gets the finger out. :mrgreen:

Oh, and I should be there tomorrow evening, hopefully.

I should be on tonight unless something happens to me during the course of the day

And am I hosting again or does someone with half a clue want a go?

I should be there too, does that mean I should have an upgraded Lancer Evo until tonight? What classes do you want to race in anyway? I only have a decent D1 Peugeot, anything else I'd have to buy and upgrade to stand a chance. ;)

I'm like Ike,(if I make it tonight) I have little cars that have been upgraded etc. Currently have a limited selection of duffers really, and not alot of credits to do anything to them with, doubt I'd have the 28,000 to even buy an Evo. But hope to see ya on Live later anyhow

Oh yeah how many people can be racing on Live anyhow, seeing we have 8 replies here now? And I will be on Live tonight, tis official. ;)

Last week Chris changed the car class after every race, so starting in D and working up to R, it worked really well as we god to try out different cars. Don't worry about not having a modded car, I picked stock cars last week and it was a great laugh. I'm sure I will be giving my Supercharged Mini Cooper a run out tonight when we race in the A Class.

Holio said:
Oh yeah how many people can be racing on Live anyhow, seeing we have 8 replies here now? And I will be on Live tonight, tis official. ;)
8 players maximum afaik. I'm not sure if there's a donation system so I could borrow you the money. ;) Or I could just buy one of your cars for a higher amount if that's possible.

Also could we race each track twice? I think a second race is usually more fun when everyone knows the track.

Also, is the club already in place, and who's da president?

Last edited:
I will be able to make it Tonight ... Thats' if there is going to be any room left at the Inn this week ? ;-)

There's a very easy way to make a lot of cash if you have about 60-70k spare, involving a VW Jetta ;)

Just texted Wrighty there, with the response so far, it could be a case of having TWO ROOMS!!!!!!!!!! Yes two rooms, probably since the first week of HALO2's release. So Wrighty proposed a 'serious' racer room and a 'causal' racer room, i.e. Classic hosting and Wrighty hosting, with people able to move between rooms as such, though I'd probably be set in the 'causal' racer room ;)

Classic and Babs and a few others seem to have many modded cars and mucho casho, so probalby have a better grip of the game, whereas myself has only 3% of the career mode done.

What do you guys think?

And what is this dubious cash enhancement programme that uses a VW Jetta Babs?

babs said:
There's a very easy way to make a lot of cash if you have about 60-70k spare, involving a VW Jetta ;)
Exploiting a game glitch! I'm disappointed babs. ;)

I'll be there but it looks like it's gonna be packed out, would have been great if they'd got like 16 players on at once. On second thoughts Chris does enough damage with 8.

ClassicD said:
I'll be there but it looks like it's gonna be packed out, would have been great if they'd got like 16 players on at once. On second thoughts Chris does enough damage with 8.

Oh, har de har.

We will see how we get on anyway. I will be opening my room from 730 should anyone wish to join me for my "How to crash into someone and get away with it" lessons

I should be there just before 8pm, should be a laugh. We will have to make sure there is an even split between the rooms.

Are you able to lock a room to just Car Club members only?

ReActor said:
I should be there just before 8pm, should be a laugh. We will have to make sure there is an even split between the rooms.

Are you able to lock a room to just Car Club members only?

I would have thought so, maybe one of the people who spend all their lives on the game will let us know ;)

Heh I dare say it'll get fixed, but if anyone wants it here's how.

Also note that despite trying it, I already had over 400k sitting there doing nothing.

1. Buy a VW Jetta
2. Buy all engine upgrades for it, and that means all 3 exhausts, all 3 ignitions etc.
3. Buy and equip the alternative engine (about 2,500).
4. Now equip the old engine, then sell the one you just bought. You should find it goes for about 37k, and it can be repeated ad nauseum in about 4 seconds.

I'm not normally one for hacks or exploits, but there hasn't been a single occasion yet where I've not been able to buy something or do something due to a lack of cash. It just struck me as funny. I've got about 35 cars sat in the garage atm with a value of over 2.5M and that was before even trying this. I'm just over 25% through career.

babs said:
Also note that despite trying it, I already had over 400k sitting there doing nothing.

Is that your get out of jail free card ;) You are still guilty in my eyes :D j/k

at risk of sounding like a complete twit, wtf are you all talking about, is this a game or what?

edit - oh forza... hmm .. can x-link people play live people? I didnt think they could?

Well what a top night of racing that was then!!! Took me an hour to get into any sort of driving ability, suppose it doesnt help when your going round the track the wrong way!!!! ;) Hope that we can get a few more nights of Forza Mayhem in the future too. All in a great laugh.

Have to admit I did enjoy driving round Nurburgring on another game, was truly great fun, just the curbs are a little more aggressive in this than in PGR.

That R-class race was amazing on the speedway track, the lead changed hands 5 or 6 times per lap, and then on the final straight, 200 yards form the line some fking APE coming the other way hit me head on with me doing 205mph.

I was fuming, but it was great fun :)

You could of taken your pic of apes in that race, there was 4 going forward, of which i was one this time!!!!!!!!; and 4 going in reverse including Wrighty, Dar, Classic and maybe Flawless.

Holio said:
You could of taken your pic of apes in that race, there was 4 going forward, of which i was one this time!!!!!!!!; and 4 going in reverse including Wrighty, Dar, Classic and maybe Flawless.

I spent most of the night going the wrong way, though Flawless was my main target for no other reason than his name was in pink ;)

Back
Top Bottom