Explain the nets in PES6???

gfunk

SPL
18 July 2005
Glasgow
Dumbarton
Ok, Ive been to some god-awful grounds in the Scottish lower leagues but and I have NEVER seen nets that have those odd wee rectangles lying in the back of them - so WHERE did Konami get this idea from???

The nets in PES6 are odd!!!:lmao:

Its slightly offputting seeing this broken white line in the back of the goals!

Anyone got a view on this???

i think the nets are pretty cool in this version... about the only thing that is tho... gunna take mine back today.. not spending 50 quid on a game i can hardly play online... tiger woods is a coming in...

I'm with you on that one mate - I think the nets look great apart from those weird things!

Also, I don't get all this "I'm taking PES 6 back because it doesn't work online". It will obviously be sorted soon and generally those that have managed to play online think it's pretty good. GRAW had similar problems and that was sorted by an update patch so just be patient lads. I agree their shouldn't be any problems but still, I'm confident it'll be sorted this week.

kuky said:
hmmmm ..lets concentrate on moaning about servers mate ....

There is a forum Thread already about servers, if I wanted to moan about them I wouldnt have posted about the nets.

Just trying to start a discussion here!

I like the way the nets react, however, even us lads from round here stopped using big log/stones to pin down the nets a long time ago.....
ANd weve just stopped shagging our sisters!!!

de_Campo said:
I'm with you on that one mate - I think the nets look great apart from those weird things!

Also, I don't get all this "I'm taking PES 6 back because it doesn't work online". It will obviously be sorted soon and generally those that have managed to play online think it's pretty good. GRAW had similar problems and that was sorted by an update patch so just be patient lads. I agree their shouldn't be any problems but still, I'm confident it'll be sorted this week.

I agree, things like server faults get sorted fairly quickly - PES5 online was a nightmare on the PC last year for the first few weeks, and if people would cast their minds back the server was constantly being updated. I dont know how easy it will be on Xbox Live though to shut PES6 down for a day the way they did last year on PC to fix server bugs

Besides, PLAY IT OFFLINE! its still fun and has plenty things to do that way - or invite a REAL friend to play it in your house or something

de_Campo said:

I can see why people are getting frustrated but now i have figured out how to get more online games (with the strategy in another thread from Pesfan) its a lot better. Its not ideal, and still nowehere near perfect, but getting around 4 games in about 10 attempts is better than before when i was getting 0 in 100 attempts!

As i said in another thread, when you do finally connect it is actually pretty damn good. I have played about 15 matches altogether and haven't had a laggy game yet!

I am less than happy with the poor connection that most people are suffering from, as well as the lack of offline options, but now i have managed to get online im glad i didn't take it back!

I wouldnt get all your hopes up with an Xbox live patch.

They did the exact same pile of shite for pes5 online. Then they released a patch and what did that do?

fuck all.

The online system for PES is a joke.

Nick Cave said:
gfunk just check jflores's posts the guy is a net freak, anything to do with nets he's there talking about them!!

I'm a net-maniac too!!! And we have another one... A Polish guy. I don't know what his name is...

I agree with the nets comment. pretty good as a whole but the white logs around the bottom are a joke! (not nearly as bad as fifa's nets though - shocking!) however i still cvan't believe that with all this extra processing power neither game can compete with football kingdon on ps2.

gesusaldinho said:
I agree with the nets comment. pretty good as a whole but the white logs around the bottom are a joke! (not nearly as bad as fifa's nets though - shocking!) however i still cvan't believe that with all this extra processing power neither game can compete with football kingdon on ps2.

Ive never played Football Kingdom, so cant comment (Ive never even heard of it, but then again I sold my PS2 two 1/2 years ago so Im unaware of many PS2 games!)

But I agree that FIFA 07 (xbox360) nets suck - they dont even move when the ball hits them - pes6 are great but the logs baffle me! At first I thought it may be a Japanese thing, but Ive seen J-League highlights on Sky and they too dont have them, so WHY Konami, WHY???

gfunk said:
Ive never played Football Kingdom, so cant comment (Ive never even heard of it, but then again I sold my PS2 two 1/2 years ago so Im unaware of many PS2 games!)

But I agree that FIFA 07 (xbox360) nets suck - they dont even move when the ball hits them - pes6 are great but the logs baffle me! At first I thought it may be a Japanese thing, but Ive seen J-League highlights on Sky and they too dont have them, so WHY Konami, WHY???

Maybe they had to weigh the nets down,so the ball doesn't roll under?

Maybe they ran out of ground pegs?

:D

jambotommy said:
Maybe they had to weigh the nets down,so the ball doesn't roll under?

Maybe they ran out of ground pegs?

:D

Well games production costs run high these days, so perhaps Konami spent all its cash getting the image rights for Dynamo Kiev and Djurgarden and had none left to buy pegs? Hence they needed a couple of kerb stones to hold the net down.:roll:

I' HERE, I have come to moan with you about the nets

WE Want cool nets.

I'm with you WEtongelre
we want cool net frames and cool nert phisics (the way they move.)

I have an idea maybe we (the netmaniacs) should start a petition or something to Konami they made the best game but thhe nets ....

Last edited:
I' HERE, I have come to moan with you about the nets

WE Want cool nets.

I'm with you WEtongelre
we want cool net frames and cool nert phisics (the way they move.)

I have an idea maybe we (the netmaniacs) should start a petition or something to Konami they made the best game but thhe nets ....

If you want to talk about bad nets,Fifa is just awful(the thing that really bugs me about fifa most).
I think the nets in PES6 are quite superb(taking away the lady lumps at the bottom):D

yes, I agree, I had the chance to see both games in action and the PES 6 nets are way better then FIFA, but when you look at the nets in PC PES 6 they are.....bad.

I have pes 6 for both xbox 360 and pc and i like both nets but i think the nets in pc version are better.

What a pointless thread, how can you complain about a net unless it looks fake or isnt there! For me the nets look great, more realistic than in any football game ive played yet. middlesbrough used to have those nets as well so its not like they are mad eup.

hmmm very nice Fairfield, but you cant stop us crying about nets. Some people moan about turfs, kits, balls, shoes :roll but we moan about nets. only a true net maniac can understand it :D

definitly bulwa-boy! I hate it SO much that the nets are awful in all football games ex. Football Kingdom. People gonna think now like... what is he talking about? the nets in PES6 are great!? NEVER! Only Namco can help us my friend! seriously... so we must go to Namco and steal there Nets-formula haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom