Explain your club's colours:

N

ninjabreakz

For example, United's is RED jersey, WHITE shorts and BLACK socks.

Although we will wear black shorts or white socks if other team wears similiar colours.

Why does your club wear their colours?

What are the alternatives if other teams wear similiar colours?

e.g. AC Milan - I am correct in saying RED/BLACK stripe jersey, BLACK shorts and BLACK socks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Explain YOUR CLUBS colours:

Fair enough, Bradley - I would just like to know why Milan sometimes wear white shorts/socks etc.

My club when was funded was with Red shirt, white short and black socks.

The eagle means liberty, bravery and claw.

Nowadays (since 40's) Benfica uses Red shirt, white short and red socks, the away was always white with some red lines.

Pelintra said:
My club when was funded was with Red shirt, white short and black socks.

The eagle means liberty, bravery and claw.

Nowadays (since 40's) Benfica uses Red shirt, white short and red socks, the away was always white with some red lines.

That is very interesting, Pelintra. Benfica do still play with black socks though, don't they?

ninjabreakz said:
That is very interesting, Pelintra. Benfica do still play with black socks though, don't they?

Last year they played with black socks with centenary kit.

Here's the image:
benfica.jpg

SL Benfica first home kit (imported by an English catalogue):
benfica-11.jpg

I'm 90% sure that was to imitate Manchester United

SL Benfica nowadays kit:
Benfica_62.jpg

When I was a kid Stockport adopted the Argentina kit so they might get some success. Within a year, they had invaded the Falklands (Argentina, not Stockport County)and they scrapped it. Before that, it was all white. Nowadays it's mainly blue.

The best kit ever is this seaso,'s Arsenal kit...soooo lovely....

Stan said:
The best kit ever is this seaso,'s Arsenal kit...soooo lovely....

Yeah, I have to admit it is LOVELY!

see this is more interesting...i thought you meant what do your clubs do when there's a clash. the history of kits is interesting. arsenal's colours come from the fact that three ex-forrest players joined us and they brought their old kit with them. the cheapest way to make a kit was to kit out the rest with similar colours. the red and white was introduced
by herbert chapman in about 1925

our badge comes from coat of arms of the borough of woolich...which is where originate from.

Not entirely sure about the following info, but the juve shirt was supposed to be pink.
The manufacturer of the shirt in london though, saw a design of the pink shirt which looked pretty white and it had some smudges on it.
The manufacturer saw the similarity between the "stained" jersey and Nott's County's jersey.
The County's jersey was also back and white. He sent their jersey, now black and white to Turin and it was never changed.

Didn't Juve play in black shorts and black socks at one point?

Yeah, kit designs of certain seasons. Mainly though the shorts and socks have been white. We play black shorts and black socks, when the opposing home team's shorts and socks are white.

The thread title says Explain, but several have just said RED shirts, blah blah blah

Thats called describing

Stan.

What is that pink kit on your avatar?
Looks like the Tottenham kit got mixed with their wives underwear in the wash.

I think it belongs to an Italian team,marukomu.The Juve story is true,explained numerous times.Juve did wore their Centenary kit sometime ago,pink top with black shorts and socks.Juve's red away kit this season was due to the owners of the club owning Ferarri or sumthing,thats why they wore Ferarri's famous red colour,interesting really.

marukomu said:
Stan.

What is that pink kit on your avatar?
Looks like the Tottenham kit got mixed with their wives underwear in the wash.

Its Palermo. You wouldnt want to mess with the Cosa Nostra.

phrase said:
I think it belongs to an Italian team,marukomu.The Juve story is true,explained numerous times.Juve did wore their Centenary kit sometime ago,pink top with black shorts and socks.Juve's red away kit this season was due to the owners of the club owning Ferarri or sumthing,thats why they wore Ferarri's famous red colour,interesting really.

Yeah, you're right. In 2003/04 the away kit consisted of a pink top with black shorts.

Don Domenico said:
Yeah, you're right. In 2003/04 the away kit consisted of a pink top with black shorts.
Do you mean this top?

JuveCentenario1997b.gif

That was 1997/98's away kit, quite liked that one. I don't remember another Juve pink top recently?

Real Madrid used to wear white shirt with a violet diagonal stripe across the chest, representing the Castilian color. However, they dropped the stripe a long time ago, now being replaced by tiny details in violet or purple, but never dark red-maroon, which is Madrid's color. Real Madrid is a Castilian team, and when Madrid was established as a separate region from Castilla, the team preserved their history and colours.

In fact, Real Madrid's second division team was historically dubbed "Castilla FC", and was the only subsidiary team to ever get to play an European Tournament (Cup Winner's Cup 80-81) having managed to reach the Spanish cup final, which they lost against... Real Madrid. That "second" team had Butragueño, Michel, Martin Vazquez, Sanchís as young stars, and from that year on they started playing with the first team.

After 15 years of being called "Real Madrid B", the second team is again called "Castilla". Hence the importance of Castilla's purple color in Real Madrid's kits.

Back
Top Bottom