Extras - Ricky Gervais

G

ghazi

Been watching this show lately on HBO and its hysterical. it's not as good as The Office but its still hilarious.

I was wondering if its already aired in the UK and if they are planning more seasons, or is it gonna be a short series like The Office?

Also, what accent does his female friend have (his roommate)?

The only good episodes were the Les Dennis one and the last episode. The rest of them I found to be absolutely dire.
The Les Dennis one was a different class though, one of my favourite comedy episodes of all time.

**Les Dennis and Gervais are on stage in panto as 2 genies**
**Les Dennis is having a bit of a breakdown**

Kid in the audience: GET ON WITH IT!

Les: You bloody get on with it! IGNORANT!

:lol: That particular scene was performed to absolute perfection.

I thought the Kate Winslet dirty talk episode was brilliant.

Les Dennis episode was hilarious but most of us over here don't know who the hell he is anyway, so some of that was lost across the pond.

But Kate talking about "playing with her dirty pillows" and how she's aching for the "purple headed womb ferret"...

I thought the first two, the Ben Stiller one and the Ross Kemp one, were just ok. But the rest was brilliant. I thought Stephen Merchant as the useless agent was hilarious.

ghazi said:
Been watching this show lately on HBO and its hysterical. it's not as good as The Office but its still hilarious.

I was wondering if its already aired in the UK and if they are planning more seasons, or is it gonna be a short series like The Office?

Also, what accent does his female friend have (his roommate)?

Her accent is Scottish!

I loved the episodes with Les Dennis and Samuel L Jackson.

Problem is, everytime I watch Ricky Gevais all I can see and hear is David Brent!!

I nearly choked in the Ben Stiller episode when Stiller lost it and put a gun to the kid's mom's head and said in a British accent, "Would it by funny if i killed your mommy?" :lmao:

LOOOOOOOOL

yeah, extras was a hit and miss for me.

it was hilarious but i thought it coulda been funnier with more brent-style events happening

Just saw the Samuel Jackson one. . hilarious.

"I hate reggae!"

Meh, I would have completely adored it in a universe where The Office and Partridge did not exist.

kevano22 said:
LOOOOOOOOL

yeah, extras was a hit and miss for me.

it was hilarious but i thought it coulda been funnier with more brent-style events happening

Hit and Miss and hilarious?

your being a bit picky then arn't you

Did anybody see the last one?

Absolutely superb. More drama and philosophy than comedy but superbly well put together. They don't make enough TV like this any more.

The Christmas Special? Downloaded it the other week, really good, very poignant, the three of them working in the mobile phone warehouse was hilarious :)

It was absolutely brilliant :) As you said, very well put together. Some of the comedy is quite obvious, but so well acted it doesn't matter :)

Loved it, thought the rant in the Big Brother house was brilliant. Also enjoyed someone actually saying Catherine Tate's not funny for once aswell :lol:

Did you know that Ricky and Dawn French HATE each other?

I own all the Extras DVDs, genius comedy. The Xmas one was amazing.

I read an interview with him in the Independant - he just thinks she is really unfunny and doesn't understand why she is so big (no pun intended). He also thinks her husband Lenny Henry is shit.

Thought the X-Mas Special was ace. Getting pissed off with people saying it was 'rubbish' etc - I dont think you can compare it to the series of 'Extras'.

Take it as a stand alone piece of comedy/drama and enjoy it for what it was - absolutely superb.

I read an interview with him in the Independant - he just thinks she is really unfunny and doesn't understand why she is so big (no pun intended). He also thinks her husband Lenny Henry is shit.
I agree in fairness, but then saying that I'm loving her "boys who do comedy" series.

Back
Top Bottom