F1 2018 [PC/PS4/XB1]

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
Tranmere Rovers
AI is really dump and just follow a racing line, therefore keep crashing into the side of your car when overtaking, apart from that it is enjoyable once you find a skill level to match your own skill.
Urgh, I was hoping they'd have patched this by now. It's what's holding me back from buying it.

bsmaff

International
11 August 2003
Welwyn Garden
Exeter City
Urgh, I was hoping they'd have patched this by now. It's what's holding me back from buying it.
I will post a video online later tonight to show what I mean, but it has happened in nearly every race so far.
You go up the inside to overtake brake a little later than normal and the CPU just smacks into the side of you.

Gunslinger

Championship
5 September 2016
It's easily the best F1 game to date. Better physics and force feedback this year. Not on par with Rfactor, Assetto Corsa and Raceroom but good enough to be driven on my sim rig. I'm half way through a season and not had any issues with the AI that have been reported in here. In fact, the AI is very impressive this year and don't back off like in previous Codemasters games. They also do a good job staying out of the way during blue flags etc... I don't play career mode as I'm not a fan of the RPG cutscenes and press interview crap, but thoroughly enjoying Championship mode.

rockstrongo

World Cup Winner
25 August 2006
Sweden
Hammarby
Updated the title as no need for a new thread.

Probably the only person to have purchased the game.

But initial impressions are the gameplay hasn't changed much, however the graphics on the PC version in 4K have improved.

AI is really dump and just follow a racing line, therefore keep crashing into the side of your car when overtaking, apart from that it is enjoyable once you find a skill level to match your own skill.
Played the crap out of F1 2017,and i saw that F1 2018 is on a 70% sale on Xbox right now so I'm getting it.
Haven't played in a month or so ,right now I'm rubbish,hardly made it around The Melbourne track
Not really used to the wheel(anymore) ,but its no fun with a controller

Top Bottom