FA bans unnamed player for drugs

Professor Nutmeg

ML Fanatic
3 July 2002
Master League
The Football Association has banned an unnamed player for six months after twice testing positive for cocaine.

The player first returned a positive finding early in 2004 and appeared before a disciplinary hearing inAugust of the same year.

He was ordered to reappear in April 2005 while his case was reviewed but was caught again when drug-testers swooped between October and December.

UK Sport claim the player received his ban and a fine in December.

In a similar case, another unnamed player has been given a suspended six-month ban after twice testing positive for marijuana.

He was due to re-appear before a disciplinary commission in September 2004 after returning a positive finding but he too was target-tested and was found to have used the drug again.

The FA have given him a conditional suspension of six months, suspended for two years.
BBC Link

For which club plays Sao Paolo????
Seriously, i hope it will not be Rio Ferdinand after that would spark another Man Utd-Arsenal abuse match...Furthermore i like the man, he's a good player, on coke or not... (i don't consider coke as a performance enhancing drug, it's purely recreational on the other hand these guys are supposed to be role models, but so is Joostebrood.

Saying that he is quite thick though, so wouldn't surprise me, he even has one of those docile faces too.

FD

yeah and apparently he is only a 'squad player' so even if he was named, many people wouldnt know who he was!

Must be on a pretty decent wage (for a lower league player) to be able to fund a coke habit.

Also apparently he wont have played this weekend as the ban was implimented on Thursday or Friday, it just news of it only broke today.

Back
Top Bottom