Fallout 3

Re: Fallout 3, Xbox 360, PS3

http://prepareforthefuture.com/?fbid=eIS9p#/5/
f3-goat-pic-490.jpg

This is starting to loook like an excellent game.

31st Oct release which is about right as Saints Row 2 is out couple of weeks beforee and Resistance 2 is out a few weeks after.

Too many games coming out at the same time!

Wow how you getting it tommorow you will have to submit a mini review please :)

They must have pushed the release date back. Have a pre-order email saying it was out on the 3rd October from last June, so ShopTo would normally have had it out to me for the 2nd.

Sorry... will have to wait like the rest of you

:LOL:

Last edited:

As a fallout 1 and 2 fanatic i consider myself suspicious to talk about this game, but i´ll try to write some few words about it. After played about 30-40 hours i guess i have my conclusions, and as i post before the game is simply fantastic.

First thing that you notice when you´re out in the wasteland is how huge it is, how many places there is to explore. I probably spent 50% of the time exploring places and searching for items. Even playing that much time i still couldn´t find 30% of the locations on the map. Graphics are really good, not the best on the market, but the artwork compensate that. The destroyed landscape is simply amazing, creating the perfect abandoned atmosphere of an apocaliptic world. It is great to see all the ambient from previous fallout games in full 3D.

The battle engine works fine for me, it´s between a turn based RPG and a shooter. That might sound strange and was a bigger worry for me to see if it was really work, and it does. Basically you can make your own strategy based on that. Some enemies are better killing with the AP (action points), aiming on certain parts, but other you´ll have to simply burst your minigun to blow him away from the map! Personally i prefer to use the AP most of the time, since the game is an RPG and not a shooter.

One of the best thing about Fallout was always the freedom to do whatever you want, and this time it´s not different, just be ready to face the consequences. For example, if you want to exterminate a whole city (like i did in Fallout 1) you can, if you´re strong enough to kill all the citizens, but you´ll have to deal with the fact that you´ll loose all the help you could use from the city, like merchants, side quests and doctors. That same rule applies to quests and merchants that you find traveling in the middle of the wasteland. I still didn´t find an NPC that couldn´t be killed.

Won´t talk about the story since you guys would play it and i don´t want to ruin it for you. I´ll just say that the main quest can be finished in about 40 hours, but it´s just impossible to play fallout without explore the world and make the side quests (for sure the most fun part of the game), and there are so many of them that i guess i´ll spend more than 100 hours to finish the game. In fact, there are so many different ways to make the quests, depending on your karma, skills and perks, that i´ll probably play the game again after it´s finished, simply to make it all different than i made before. As all the previous Fallouts, the longevity of the game is huge!

Well, i hope you all enjoy the game when it´s out next week!

Is it similar to Oblivion? That's what I've been hearing (not a bad thing IMO) similar things to cave's/dungeons to explore? Cool weapons/armour to find?

Is it similar to Oblivion? That's what I've been hearing (not a bad thing IMO) similar things to cave's/dungeons to explore? Cool weapons/armour to find?

i didn´t play oblivion, so i can´t tell that. but there are lots of places to explore, places that are not even close to the main quest. there are some cool weapons, some you can create yourself buying or finding the right scheme/materials, others you find in the game, i just got a weapon called "fat boy", it´s like a missile launcher but almost 10 times more powerfull, the ammo for this gun is called "mini nuke", might be a hell of an explosion!

Nice, sounds like it is, I've been looking online and it says that it's Oblivion with guns.

Think I'll be getting this Friday.

Oh and if you like this game Honome you should think about getting hold of Oblivion, it's a stunning game.

one of the reasons why i am getting it on the pc instead of teh ps3.

Some nice comparison screens showing off the graphical differences between the three verisons.

(According to IGN, the PC version is superior in every respect--presentation, graphics, controls, and features--except for sound, in which it ties with the other versions. The PS3 version is the worst of the three.)

head-to-head-fallout-3-20081027050947508364.jpg

head-to-head-fallout-3-20081027050940430647.jpg

head-to-head-fallout-3-20081027050933305962.jpg

one of the reasons why i am getting it on the pc instead of teh ps3.

The creature in the first pic looks terrible on the 360 version. And when you look at the detail/texture of the structure in the back it's painful looking at the console versions. The ps3 one retains some of the shine on the creature and the overall darker colours while the 360 looks to be more bright and colourful.

On the second image i prefer both console versions - I don't like that the pc has no blur in the background.

The bottom image though - the PC blows everything away. The 360 is a clear second with the PS3 one looking very spare and washed out.

-

But there's nothing on any of these that looks like it will ruin the game for me. Is the PC version cheaper at all?
[Just checked play and it's £24.99]

Last edited:

Guess I'll have to read some more reviews, the critic in the preview from eurogamer seems to not be mentioned so hopefully they fixed it.

I'm still on the fence about this game to be honest..Not sure. I didn't enjoy Oblivion too much..just wasn't up for the longgg journeys and hunting.

I'm still on the fence about this game to be honest..Not sure. I didn't enjoy Oblivion too much..just wasn't up for the longgg journeys and hunting.
Ditto, I'm in two minds now that I hear people comparing it to Oblivion, but it looks so similar to Bioshock that I don't think I'll be able to resist it.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fallout3
Fallout 3 xbox360 Game Reviews
Critic Score
Metascore: 93 Metascore out of 100

based on 27 reviews

Upcoming & Recent Releases
sort by score

1 93 Fallout 3
2 93 Braid
3 92 Rock Band 2
4 90 Portal: Still Alive
5 90 Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
90 Fable II
89 Dead Space
89 NHL 09
88 FIFA Soccer 09
87 Guitar Hero World Tour
85 Far Cry 2
85 Soulcalibur IV
85 Pure
85 NBA 2K9
84 Bionic Commando Rearmed
84 Civilization Revolution
84 Madden NFL 09

Official Xbox Magazine
Games this captivating do not come along often. Between its engrossing story, ginormous world, well-crafted RPG side, and white-knuckle FPS combat, Fallout 3 completely, utterly gives you your $60 worth. [Dec 2008, p.52]

1UP
Faults be damned, though; this is the kind of hugely ambitious game that doesn't come around very often, and when it does, you'd be a fool not to play it and enjoy the hell out of it and look forward to the day (next-next-gen?) when the fidelity of open-world RPGs takes another big step closer to the uncanny valley's far side.

EuroGamer
Fallout 3 almost effortlessly succeeds in its central aim of reviving a much-loved brand to appeal to the vast majority of players. It's a thrilling, all-consuming experience that will absorb you for weeks, whether you're attracted by the action, the adventure, or the role-playing, as you fall in love with the relentless excitement, incredible atmosphere, sense of place and sheer choice...Bethesda has once again delivered a game of life-affirming brilliance that will be heralded as a classic, and talked about for years to come.

GameSpy
Yes, Fallout 3 is a lot like Oblivion (with guns!), but it's a superior game in nearly every way, as it features a more engaging storyline, impeccable presentation, and hundreds of hours of addictive gameplay. While the jury is still out on whether or not hardcore Fallout enthusiasts will accept the game as part of the storied franchise, Fallout 3 is a must-have title for most RPG fans, as well as one of the finest games of this generation.

GamePro
Heck, it might just be the best console RPG of all time. It's deep, complex and tremendously addictive. From the amazing character development system to the engaging and satisfying combat, Fallout 3 has everything you could want in an RPG experience.

Game Revolution
That’s the beauty of survival, and this world of fallout: It feeds on adventure and breathes in freedom, yet it dreams of order and the safety of the Vault. I can describe it, explain it, tell it in finely chosen words, but I can never make you fully understand for as long as you sit and listen. But even if I die, I do not worry. There will come a time when you will seize that lever and open that metal door, and it is then I will return. And the Wasteland will greet you, the birth of a legend.

Planet Xbox 360
The presentation of the game, as a whole, is what really takes Fallout 3 and boosts it into a level high above most of the other games being released this year on the Xbox 360.

GameFocus
If you like role playing games, buy it. If you like first person shooters, buy it. The game is just amazing in everyway and we could not have expected a better Fallout title. Bethesda has another huge galactic hit on its hands and now we need to see some downloadable content please.

IGN
Fallout 3 offers freedom without sacrificing a focused story. It delivers fantastic combat without forgoing a deep role-playing system. The characters you meet are engaging and oftentimes hilarious without feeling out of place in this harsh world.

Game Informer
This game is massive, and as your character’s stature in the Wasteland grows, so does the excitement. It’s not a true sequel to the Fallout series, but as a fan of the games of old, I found it to be every bit as good.

Xbox World 360 Magazine UK
In almost all respects, Fallout 3 is a staggering, genre-defining achievement - marrying an utterly immersive world, memorable characters, incredible production values, some of the most inspired RPG mechanics ever devised and so much heart. It might not steamroll the epic "Oblivion" in the manner we all hoped, but maybe that was simply asking too much. Instead, Fallout 3 stands as the perfect companion piece - a near unparalleled RPG that stands so far ahead of the majority of the games on 360 that it would be a crime against gaming not to laud this title as anything other than a masterpiece.

Official Xbox Magazine UK
It's simple what Bethesda's done here - it's taken Oblivion's engine and design ethos, and applied it to a fresh franchise. The results are truly impressive, and we've no hesitation in slapping on a Must Buy badge, but you can't help but notice that for every problem it's fixed from Oblivion, a new leak's sprung.

GameSpot
In fact, Fallout 3 is leaner and meaner than Bethesda's previous efforts, less expansive but more intense, while still offering immense replay value and quite a few thrills along the way.

Can't wait for my copy to arrive. I still got Oblivion+mods aplenty in me HD.
Really looking forward to try this out.

I loved Oblivion so im sure I will enjoy this too. Just have to find enough cash for the PS3 version on Friday.

Does anyone know where I can find a storyline of the fallout series?

Would like to know a little more about the backstory before I play Fallout 3 on Friday.

Edit: never mind found it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom