Fallout 3

Re: Fallout 3, Xbox 360, PS3

The creature in the first pic looks terrible on the 360 version. And when you look at the detail/texture of the structure in the back it's painful looking at the console versions. The ps3 one retains some of the shine on the creature and the overall darker colours while the 360 looks to be more bright and colourful.

On the second image i prefer both console versions - I don't like that the pc has no blur in the background.

The bottom image though - the PC blows everything away. The 360 is a clear second with the PS3 one looking very spare and washed out.

-

But there's nothing on any of these that looks like it will ruin the game for me. Is the PC version cheaper at all?
[Just checked play and it's £24.99]
if history repeats itself on oblivion, then expect the mod communtiy to release high res textures of the game making it look alot more better then it currenty looks

Yeah, I remember downloading the 1.2 gb texture pack for Oblivion. The game never looked better. It still stands the test of time for a game released three years ago.

Are there any comparisons with Mass Effect or anyone that compare them here?

Thats the last rpg I played and I wasnt too impressed in the end. I knew I would have some trouble with it as the whole "space/aliens/destroy the world" story doesnt do anything for me while I also found it to be very repetative in its settings (another bloody planet with the same bloody "dungeon" but with a different texture got very tired very quickly). Nor am I that interested in the leveling so its really about the story, settings and some decent combat. Oh and endlessly talking to strangers isn't my favorite pasttime either.

This has one of my favorite settings, don't know what the story is so it's really how repetative the assignments/locations are that will determine whether I get it. Bioshock and HalfLife are probably my two favorite games so if its near those two it would be great.

Any advice?

Last edited:

Are there any comparisons with Mass Effect or anyone that compare them here?

Thats the last rpg I played and I wasnt too impressed in the end. I knew I would have some trouble with it as the whole "space/aliens/destroy the world" story doesnt do anything for me while I also found it to be very repetative in its settings (another bloody planet with the same bloody "dungeon" but with a different texture got very tired very quickly). Nor am I that interested in the leveling so its really about the story, settings and some decent combat. Oh and endlessly talking to strangers isn't my favorite pasttime either.

This has one of my favorite settings, don't know what the story is so it's really how repetative the assignments/locations are that will determine whether I get it. Bioshock and HalfLife are probably my two favorite games so if its near those two it would be great.

Any advice?
well mate this is supposed to be the best console rpg ever apparently.... getting game of the year for sure

well mate this is supposed to be the best console rpg ever apparently.... getting game of the year for sure

Agreed, this is going to be awesome. I'm getting it, best game of the year so far IMO.

Yeah should do :). Problem now is having time to play it :LOL:

Already have Far Cry 2/FIFA 09 and a few others on the go :CW:

I know, too many good games all at the same time. Doesn't make good business sense to me but it's the same every year!

Last edited:

I guess it's a mix of Oblivion, BioShock and Mass Effect.

So it's a win, win, win for me :DD

Get in!

The collectors Edition in the metal lunchbox just arrived, looks absolute quality. Cant wait for work to end!

Why do people buy these collector edition ones? To sell on at a later date or something?

I bought the Bioshock one for the limited edition Big Daddy figure, which I love. Old fogeys collect puppy figures and bear figures, us cool kids should grab grotesque scary robot men from games. Makes sense to me, and on Antiques Roadshow 2074 we'll make a mint.

But some limited edition stuff is naff, I bought the Gears of War one and the Halo 3 one and they were rubbish, there was nothing special about them, so I sold them on. Did make a bit more money than usual though.

I want the Fallout 3 collector's edition because the figure would go with my Big Daddy figure, but they're sold out in the shops (they are here at least) and I wouldn't pay £50 outright, I'd want to trade in games for it. So there goes that idea.

Last edited:

i got it as fallout 1 and 2 were two of, if not my favourite games ever growing up.

it was a tenner more, big deal.

i want this so bad, but between fifa09, nhl2k9 and nba2k9 i dont have the imte, oh yeah and i have a wife, lOL

Received the game this morning and have been playing it for a few hours. Wow the potential of this game is huge, and the story is so appealing. On the technical side of things the visuals are great and the sound is very atmospheric. I can see why it got 10/10. It does have a lot of influences from Oblivion but you can tell they have reworked some parts such as the fighting. I think they have also pulled off the shooting mechanics well.

I hope this doesn't put a dampener on things but have already spotted a few bugs/annoyances. Firstly when ever someone signs into PSN or goes offline and you get a message in the top right hand corner of the screen, there's a pause while that message is showing and as soon as it goes away you are back into the action. This can be annoying though as it happens with every message. Also, I'll spoiler this so it doesn't ruin anything for those who want to experience it first-hand;
when you have to take the exam to determine your career within The Vault the first time round I was sat in my seat for a good 20mins with nothing happening. The test didn't start, nobody spoke and I couldn't leave my seat. So quit the game and reloaded my save point and then the teacher started the test. Weird one.

I really want to carry on playing but really have to complete Far Cry 2 before committing myself further to another huge game.

I read about the pausing when you get a message about people coming and going online. I think it was the eurogamer review - seems its best to just play this offline but then you miss out on mates coming online and setting up other games together

But then if you're playing Fallout 3, you're not going to be trying to setup multiplayer games.

Doesn't bother me turning off friend notifications, I have them turned off half the time anyway :))

Oh I meant ... well if I was playing on Fallout3 and then 2 mates came online playing Farcry 2 - I'd send them a message to set up a game of that with them. But if i was offline or had the notification turned off then id end up missing out on some online games.

I don't mind turning off any game to have a bash on something else

no, it really isnt a big deal.

Spoiling??!!

but have already spotted a few bugs/annoyances

All the reviews said that this had probs on the PS3 which is a biatch as i wanted to get this on the PS rather than the 360.

My 360 has been making some funny noises of late and this is the sort of game that will make you lose track of time.

Red rings here I come!!

Last edited:

Spoiling??!!

All the reviews said that this had probs on the PS3 which is a biatch as i wanted to get this on the PS rather than the 360.

My 360 has been making some funny noises of late and this is the sort of game that will make you lose track of time.

Red rings here I come!!

I am in the same boat except i am buying a 360 for it...not happy at all. Bethsada sort it out

It's just laziness I'd say, the PS3 has shown it can handle anything the 360 can and vice versa.

Oblivion was just as good so why not this!

360 is where the money is...plus the game was going to be PC exclusive but i agree Oblivion was just as good so why not Fallout?

Dont want a 360 but may as well have the best of both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep, it's just that constant threat of RROD that does your swede in.

Still few more hours and I'll be finished work, then it'll be fallout untill midnight!!

It's an incredible game. I said I wouldn't go back and play it because of Far Cry 2 and everything but I just can't help myself.

Gonna pick this up from Asda on my dinner. Hopefully it's not as addictive as people are saying because I want to complete Saints Row 2 as well.

Back
Top Bottom