fatique is a joke!!!

antred

Banned
15 August 2003
whats the effing point? its driving me mad here!. i have always played with fatique in the league believing it would offer more realism but its just a joke. Your players cant last more than 3 matches without becoming total wrecks which means wholesale changes, that just wouldnt happen in real life. Whats more i've realised the opponents teams in the league never fatique! Barca had all the same lineup and they played like they were on steroids while my real madrid where all knackered.

If konami want to put this into a game it should apply across the board and be a little less harsh, some players its like controlling a steam boat while the opposition cath you up when running and walk past you when dribbling.

i've turned it off now but i suspect the realism factor i wanted in the first place will be lost.

yes just played my first game since turning it off my players now cut through opponents no problem. :(

suppose i'd better put it back on...

I hate how it works on a weekly basis so if you leave them out of a league game their still knackered for the cup game.

But at least it makes the game different and makes you change your players.

It's there for realism and it works good. Especially for young players. In real life you can't play them in 6-7 matches straight especially if matches are every 3 days or so and even if they do, they either get subbed in most of them or come on as a sub. Even in real life this is something managers are WARNED against because if they try to play a Mr. Rooney when he's 18 he'll BURN OUT and never develop beyond his current level.

I like how fatigue works in this game except 2 things.

1) Mentioned by Embrace, it's stupid that its weekly. If you rest a player for one league match, he should be feeling better or fully fit for next CUP game but he doesn't.

2) GK's should not be fatigued enough for you to have to rest them. In real life if they don't get injured, they can play every match in a season due to being idle for long periods in the game. In real life they're never RESTED, if they are its because that manager wants to try other GK too but never due to being tired from previous versions.

Im also curious about this fatigue.
I do not play champions league but in multiplayer my full backs seem to be the ones with the near to empty bars by the middle of the second half. Eg. Thuram, Riise.

How does this effect them? Slower in pace or response or what?

Its like the yellow and red cards . Never played vs. Brasil without an carlos , ronaldinho or ronaldo in the league .

Well it affects them in many ways. When a player is tired, they're less responsive, more likely to get balanced off the ball by opposition shoulder checks, they become slower and run out of gas quickly when sprinting after 4-5 seconds. Many bad things.

Players also get tired by HOW MUCH you ask of them to do in a match.
People usually like to put all kinds of arrows on their player which not only makes team unstable but players more tired. If you're asking your fullback to join attack with 2 forward arrows or even 1 and also put HIGH defence on him or a backward arrow, this poor fella is gonna have to be very fit. Now even some of the best players with high stamina can get quite tired in this position so if you play with crappier teams and less stamina, you should ask LESS of your players.

Full-backs make overlapping runs when needed even without ARROWS so it's best not to give them so they don't run forward EVERYtime you get possession of ball and have defence safer meanwhile keeping them less tired.

I have found that running down with Turbo pressed down gets your players tired QUICKLY... Like when I was on defense I would chase around players with Henry holding Turbo..... Well ever since i stopped doing this i have found that i can play henry in more games because he fatigues slower.... so less running with turbo= more games.....

PLF said:
Well it affects them in many ways. When a player is tired, they're less responsive, more likely to get balanced off the ball by opposition shoulder checks, they become slower and run out of gas quickly when sprinting after 4-5 seconds. Many bad things.

Players also get tired by HOW MUCH you ask of them to do in a match.
People usually like to put all kinds of arrows on their player which not only makes team unstable but players more tired. If you're asking your fullback to join attack with 2 forward arrows or even 1 and also put HIGH defence on him or a backward arrow, this poor fella is gonna have to be very fit. Now even some of the best players with high stamina can get quite tired in this position so if you play with crappier teams and less stamina, you should ask LESS of your players.

Full-backs make overlapping runs when needed even without ARROWS so it's best not to give them so they don't run forward EVERYtime you get possession of ball and have defence safer meanwhile keeping them less tired.

Whoah, i never knew it had so many effects.

Nick Cave said:
PLF
Do you not use the arrows at all then, i have some players who suffer and I just put it down to their stats though most are mid 80's.... Maybe i use too many arrows etc!!
I use arrows but the first step in my opinion of managing a successful side is knowing your squad and every player's strengths and weaknesses one by one and so designing a tactic which utilizes those player's strenths and hides their weaknesses as much as possible.

I do use arrows on my forwards most of the time but if they have 85 and above for attack and especially a special star like "Scoring" or "Reaction" or "Line Positioning" you'll notice that they make pretty descent runs themselves in this game and so it's not necessary. By putting arrows you can make them more tired and get caught offside more.

However I do play with crap teams a lot and have had forwards with 73 for ATTACK and no special stars. This dude does not have good OFF THE BALL movement so as a striker I wanted him to make runs and I HAD To give him a forward arrow.

It's just about trial and error but in general my fullbacks don't even get arrows unless I notice for example that a RM of opposing team is always open in which case I might put a BACKWARD arrow on my LB or Backward Diagonally on my LB.

and also if it's a more DEFENSIVE LB, but has good crossing and I want him to join the attack more, I do give him a diagonally outside forward arrow.

In the middle of the park for 2 central midfielders I try not to give arrows because if you do, you notice there is NO ONE to defend in middle of park, either you CM are beside your forwards or beside your CB which means their midfielders have a lot of space to give that throughball or try long distance shot.

So overall I use arrows maybe on 3-4 players max and even then only one arrow but i can't tell you exactly what I do because it's different with every team I play and depends on if i'm protecting the lead or want to get back into the match.

Take care

Back
Top Bottom