FC Barcelona Thread

Something is wrong at Nou Camp. Maybe the main problem is Frank Rijkaard. I've never liked him and I think he isn't the right person to manage a big club such as Barcelona. Psychologically inconsistent and tactically a disaster this man.
Me, as a Madrid supporter, I hope you could improve until the end of season to give more fight to Real. But no too much ok?

¡HALA MADRID!

Only two years ago Rijkaard was a genius and a hero in the Catalans hearts.

How fickle football fans can be eh?

Don't think Rijkaard has ever been considered a genius. He's a great coach for teaching attacking football, that we all associate with Barcelona. But tactically, he's not the best is he? Problem with Barcelona is that all teams in La Liga have gotten used to them. I am yet to see Barca thrash a team this season, and it's because they don't know how to play. They only have one way to play, and most teams just counter that by playing 2 defensive midfielders, and choking up Deco/Iniesta and Xavi who are the main playmakers for Barcelona. Once they are out, the team does suffer from a lack of ideas. Even their one touch passing is not working, because it's become all too predictable. And Rijkaard doesn't know what to do when this happens. He just hopes Messi or sometimes Xavi saves Barca again. Last year's UCL match against Liverpool showed that much.

And his man management is a joke. He doesn't know how to keep so many big egos together on the pitch. There's too many problems between the players and between the player and manager.

Well if we beat Roma in the Quarters we'll get to meet Barca! Woohoo!

I can honestly see Atletico, Sevilla overtake the 2 Spanish giants in the next few years. Especially Sevilla, they're the next 'European Giants'.

Valencia had the squad to win La Liga, but board room politics ruined it.

I think Sevilla will going down in the table next few years like as Deportivo La Coruña. After Ramos exit I don't see a champions' spirit in Sanchez Pizjuan.
Atético Madrid is becoming stronger year after year and Valencia will be back to the top.

I think Sevilla will going down in the table next few years like as Deportivo La Coruña. After Ramos exit I don't see a champions' spirit in Sanchez Pizjuan.
Atético Madrid is becoming stronger year after year and Valencia will be back to the top.
Once Manolo Jimenez leaves in the summer and Sevilla appoint a top class manager, I can see them seriously challenging for the La Liga title.

I would disagree. I think they might just qualify for UCL this season (their chances are hurt after their loss to Atletico).

I don't think it even matters if Alves, Poulsen, Fabiano etc leave. We know that Monchi will find 2-3 top class players again. And most probably, Marcelino is going to take over as manager (who I rate highly). They should be there or thereabouts next season.

I am hearing rumors that Abrahimovic wants Xavi? He's got to be deluded, Xavi is worth 40M or more.

I still can't believe how a team like FCBarcelona can lose 3-2 when at the half time they were winning 2-0........
Something is very wrong with Barcelona and it must be fixed soon so that our champions league run isn't damaged by stupid mistakes. I can clearly see that problem is the coach not suiting Barca anymore, but where is he missing??..

omfg,...
Im so pissed right now we only needed one goal and we could not create a Great opportunity, but at least Messi won the challenge against Ronaldo about who being the best in the right moments, and messi (even if not winning) clearly won it.
Yet we lost, have to start thinking about next season, some new adds to the team specially in that defensive midfield and the defense atck seems medium/high right now, but with too many old "experienced" players or too young players, coach needs to leave though.
Keep things active in here, Barca needs some support!!!

Barca looked like Arsenal a few season back lovely passing and build up ,but shot blanks in the end you lots can grow

Barca looked like Arsenal a few season back lovely passing and build up ,but shot blanks in the end you lots can grow

EXACTLY what I thought. Henry was shite when he came on too. Don't think he can handle not being the only "superstar".

The thing is how do you put a kid to play against the likes of RIO... who puts strikers in his boot to give to his dog to play w/ after a match. Henry is out of sorts cause AW took his mojo before he left. Ronaldinho was the missing spark for Barca I can only assume :))

I can say only one thing.Barca needs RONALDINHO.If he would in yesterdays match like old days barca could win.messi played well but a team with messi and a normal form ronaldinho is unstopable.

yea ronnie is the main guy for barca, even if barca bring some talent next year they will still struggle cause Ronnie is the MAIN reason why barca have gotten to a suppracy stage for years...now its all over
cause of rikjaard that stupid idiot, ronnie is not even injured for real its just an excuse so the media can leave the team away.

So, looks like the summer will be a big one for Barca with a major rebuild. Who all looks set to leave? And who's going to coming in?

According to Guillem Ballague:

As for Barcelona, I think everything is going to be put in the hands of Josep Guardiola. Frank Rijkaard will leave and Johan Cruyff says at least 10 players need to move on as well. I'm not sure the market is there for all of them, but at least seven will definitely go.

Interestingly enough, they are looking for a team in the Premier League that will take Thierry Henry - and that is definite.

Back
Top Bottom