Fernandos Patch combined with Evo Web Option File on CD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLF

Legend
2 August 2004
Guys i currently have Fernandos patch on DVD am playing but since i heard theres a new EVo web option file that converts 99% of players and teams names I want that! but i dont have Xport and i saw that this option file is also available on CD on PESINSIGHT!

So now i'm asking, is there a way for these 2 to be combined so i can enjoy both ENG menus and Eng playuer and team names instead of hours of editing myself!?

Can anybody help me if there is?

thanks a lot in advance!

Just use them both. Whats stopping you?

Heres a cd based version of the official evo-web option file export file I knocked together.

http://www.iol.ie/~linux/misc/we/Evo-Web_WE8_Option_File_v1_0.bin
http://www.iol.ie/~linux/misc/we/Evo-Web_WE8_Option_File_v1_0.cue

Heres a guide to use it, step 1-5 are done for you, just follow 6 & 7

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/cd2mem

I wish people would do a little reading, and i wish we had some moderation which deleted these requests which are repeating ad infinitum.

Metal Mickey, SORRRY!!!!

I have done a bit of reading bro, infact in've been on your site before with the tutorial however i didn't know if they can be COMBINED! Meaning if i boot up the CD with the option file.... then how can i also use Fernando's patch?

P.s. thanks for helping

gaza1725 said:
The cue file is just a text link m8 please re post many thanks :D
Gaz ;)

It's supposed to be a text file, either cut and paste the contests into a .cue file and save it with the same name (Evo-Web_WE8_Option_File_v1_0.cue) or right click on the link and click "save target as"

Cheers

The cue file is just a text link m8 please re post many thanks

/me bangs head against wall

of course its a text link, its a link to a text file!!!!

I have done a bit of reading bro, infact in've been on your site before with the tutorial however i didn't know if they can be COMBINED!

Yes they can be combined for use. Use fernandos patch as normal, and use the evo-web option file above as normal. Now your players and your menus are english.

If you mean can you comine them both into a patch, then no. The evo-web option file changes the data structures for player names etc. which we stores on a memory card wheres the fernando patch hex edits values stored within the actual we dvd, requiring you to make changes to your game dvd.

Player names can aslo be editied in situ on the dvd, but this will come much, much later with patches from the big groups.

thank you metal mickey so much!

Yeah i hope we get an editor soon so we can type names on keyboard and do extensive editing on PC but i guess that'll come even after some patches....

ok anyways so what i do now! Is that i follow those steps which i just read and it's so easy especially from 6-8 since i dont have to do 1-5, thank you very much!

Once i do all that... it copies the option file to my MEMORY CARD.... and once that's in my memory card... then i can throw the CD i just burnt away and put in my patched DVD CD and play!

thanks a lot

thank you it worked!

Sorry for double post

by the way there's some mistakes in option file?? like Rae instead of being transferred to Rangers was transferred to Chelsea!

thanks a million though, i can always change that stuff myself.

one thing i DONT KNOW how to do though is HOW do you tranfer a player at a club in the game to the FREE AGENT section of players who dont have clubs???
is there a way?

PLF said:
one thing i DONT KNOW how to do though is HOW do you tranfer a player at a club in the game to the FREE AGENT section of players who dont have clubs???
is there a way?

There's no way unfortunately :(

One question though, how much of the menus are translated in that patch? Are the player abilites and special abilites translated?

nop. No attributes and ML and Edit menus are still not translated!

But it's good still... many menus are translated

Hey MetalMickey I followed your guide for transferring the option file onto my mc but I keep getting a corrupted file instead! Any idea of what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

ok i gotta it working :) what's up with some of those kits lol the crest looks gay :(

thanks a lot MetalMickey. Will try your method out when i'm back home. Urging to start my first ML on Winning Eleven 8! :D

I've tried burning it with alcohol on the lowest speed but it isnt working, any ideas? I've tried ps2 datatype and customise datatype and neither work- the cd's just dont load (disc reading error etc.).

Christ.. moneys tight, i have the game and the time, but now the patches are arriving my DVD player has packed in!

So i can't record an iso :l

Fucking marvellous :(

i just got back home....burn the iso file & tried booting... but the disc doesn't work.. i've read the steps..and believe i've not done a step wrong..
any ideas ?

i downloaded both files. Went into alcohol, did image burning wizard, then loaded the .cue file, and burnt the cd at a slow speed. The cd wont load in the ps2. what am i doing wrong? (i have tried customise and ps2 datatypes)

guys i dont know what's wrong with yours but i just did what he said in one of the first posts with NERO and burning at 48x!!!!!!!!!!

so burning at high speed is not your problem because it worked for me.

I've also tried this i just used ur files metalmickey, started nero and selected the cue file but when i try and boot with my swap magic v3 it goes to the red screen and there's a black border round it and nothing happens. I know i've not made a mistake cos i only followed step 6 cos all the others were done. Any ideas why it won't work, is it my swap magic?

I can't get it to work with swap magic v3 it just goes to the red screen then nothing. I've done everything correctly, has anyone got it to work with swap magic?

hi i'm new here (normally on pesinsight) i've got an ordinary PAL ps2 and we9 works fine with the swap disks for me, also refering to plf's earlier enquiry, i patched the game using fernando's english patch, used the option file which converts the players and the teams names to english and i have'nt looked back since..all i'm waiting for is an option file with all the correct kits and logo's...have you seen the pics what the in-game editor can do? amazing!!! when do you think someone will get an option file out?

Hi mate, I have no idea why you bumped a YEAR OLD thread and not just make a new one since your questions don't have much to do with this anyways.

I don't know when the new option file with kits come out but yes they do look super and you could've asked in the "in-game editor" thread or make a new thread with whatever you think it is we can help you with.

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom