FIFA 06 is comin!!!!

wtf. It's faster than we9, slower than PES4.

They can't win can they. lol.

it looks to play a lot like WE crossed with FIFA now.

I'll play it like I do all football games on any platform in the hope it's a step forward....... Konami is really pissing me off with the little tweak syndrome it's got into and I really hope EA has got it's finger out and come up with some great game play and a game to beat Konami. I love the fact I can play with Wrexham in a full league and cup system and by the sounds of it they have added to the management side which has got to be good. It's nice to play with top stars but I love playing with lower league teams and scrapping for your lives, getting young nobodies and turning them into club heroes......Because of that god awful ML system it is always too easy to get to the top and too dammed short.... It's a god dammed rip off by Konami not to put in a full league system. Licensed or not......

Nick Cave said:
I love the fact I can play with Wrexham in a full league and cup system and by the sounds of it they have added to the management side which has got to be good.
Good choice of team mate! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I agree with you on the League and tweaking bit, Konami have got the gameplay right now, but they need to do far more with the other features now, the Master League format is getting rather old hat IMO, we need proper leagues and cups and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year I bought and played FIFA, but it was only until PES4 came out on the XB and was such for abit of Live play. All in I played for about a month, I started a career mode, got my team promoted and then took another job as such, it was fun in the begining as Nick says, taking a lower league team and your young players getting better. The first touch system was fun too, taking a ball in your stride was great.

However I bought PES4 and never touched FIFA again, all in it was probably worth about a 7 out of 10, it tidied me over till PES came along, but after seeing how much lag it suffered I played neither of them much.

EA's Live play was alot better than PES, it was a great set up, you could see a percentage beside a players name of how many matches then didnt finish, plus you had a gauge showing how good their connection was. It actually had a lobby, not like in PES were ya hang about and hope to get connected.

Setting up your own control system in a MUST in any game, but in football it's a total necessity, one that EA should learn from. Overall I'll have a look at the review scores, and think about getting it, depending on the time between FIFA and PES released will probably make me decide whether to get it and try it or not.

You guys saw those gameplay movies? It's just Bullshit! If you look at that penalty, the guy just first walks to the ball and you can't even see him touch the ball but nonetheless the ball goes into the net with a huge amount of speed!

Don't get me wrong parts of FIFA are a shambles I don't like much of the game play the running off the ball thing is a joke as is the shooting, the corner system, in fact most of it.... Which is why I’m praying they pretty much just rip WE8L and drop it into their management and league set up!!

If you look at the Fifa 06 videos on the site watch the defender they run in the opposite direction once the player passes them that worries me! But that said the game does look promising and I resently bought UEFA Champions League 05 and the game play have improved a hell of alot compaired to Fifa 05 so lets hope theres a good strong fight between Fifa and PES/WE because I am a huge fan of Fifa and a massive fan of PES/WE! and another reason I get Fifa is for the PS2 online play! something us PS2 users should of had before Xbox in my book we've been the fans buying the game for it to be considered for Xbox so PLEASE have online play on the PS2 version of PES/WE.

Does anyone know when the Demos will be out on any Magazine for these 2 game?

Nick Cave said:
Shame about Ugarte though goals are gonna be hard to find i fear...
Yep though at least ya can win home games now! He'd only score away from home! :lol:

I wonder if €A's shoddy researchers could get things right this time, over on SG in that thread where they asked people to post team info, I even posted the squad, player appearances (skin colour, hair etc.), kick takers and the kit... AND THEY DIDN'T USE ANY OF THE STUFF.

To be honest €A's research team seems to be some teenage kid finding stuff during a fag break on work experience!

cigol... see if it is faster than WE9 when it actually comes out... Then you will see.

By the way Pes4 is only fast (well super fast) on 50hz

Holio said:
Last year I bought and played FIFA...All in I played for about a month, I started a career mode, got my team promoted and then took another job as such, it was fun in the begining as Nick says, taking a lower league team and your young players getting better. The first touch system was fun too, taking a ball in your stride was great.

However I bought PES4 and never touched FIFA again...

Replace PES with WE and I thought I was reading the story of my life there for a second...

JimJoeC said:
This is exactly right, it used to be get home from work PS2 straight on till midnight.

Now I play acouple of games and get pissed at it when my players run around like they are walking through toffee, and the slowest defender can catch my fastest striker.

These comments are the most positive about a FIFA that I think I have ever seen!

Well the latest FIFA game I played was FIFA 2004 for GC, and it was pure bullcrap, the CPU would always catch up to my player, so hopefully they will fix that.

Chris Davies said:
So why, prey tell, did they spend all that time signing up Rooney to appear on the front of the box so that every glory hunter in the world will go "OOOOOH" and buy it

Haha! That makes me laugh.. One of the reasons I might buy this game is because Ronaldinho will be on the cover.. If it wasn't because he's on the cover and they put in some moves he does, I don't think I would buy it.

Last edited:
I got to play FIFA 2006 recently, EA brought it to Dublin for some playtesting along with some suit from EA who apparently knew everything about the game. The guy from EA told me that they basically realised that PES was better so they rewrote the whole AI and something like 50% of the code, apparently they got some Japanese programmers who did a game called Total Football or something to program the AI. The gameplay does appear closer to PES and they have even included a default PES control setup so you won't get confused between the two. I was quite impressed, the game was quick and fluid but there was still that stickiness to the player movement and the slight lag with kicking the ball. The keeper AI still seemed way off to me. Graphically it was class as you would expect. They have removed the off the ball control and brought back the radar which is cool. I didn't get FIFA 05 but I think I would buy this but having played WE9 I still think PES is better

ive always bought fifa up until last year when i thought i'll give pro evo a go, i will never buy fifa again. pes/we is the best footie game around and no other game will compare.

pes/we graphics are much better than fifa. i remember fifa 04 had a white man with long hair supposed 2 be peter nlovu for coventry!!! fifa is shite.

I also think WE/PES graphics are 1000 times better than FIFA's.. If you look closely at the players in FIFA they got like different skin tones.. Which looks retarded and long hairs.. actually all hairs look like is just paint and is coming off.. This one looks like is going to be a good one tho.. I just saw some new movies, Chelsea vs Barca and the intro and some other movies, and it looks a lot better.. FIFA Fanboys are going to stay quiet for a while now that FIFA realised PES is better and is actually trying to copy the Konami style of football.

This is normal, it happens every year.. FIFA/EA do have really good commercials and they know how to get all eyes on them HOWEVER, this will go on..and on.. and Konami will always prevail no matter what FIFA brings to the table. If I was KONAMI I would sue FIFA/EA for copying their WE/PES things.. Konami needs to put their game under copyright laws otherwise soon we will have the same games except WE/PES with better gameplay.

I am telling you this and all of you know this.. when FIFA 06 is released it will be no different then FIFA 05.. They did improve but its still pile of crap. For the love of god WE9 will own FIFA in their next-gen consoles.

I agree that FIFA has pretty much sucked in the past, but at least they try to improve each year, they even have a web forum with fans to get an ideas for what to change. Plus this year they've implemented a complete management program into the equivalent of Master League, which can last 15 seasons and see you managing different teams. A lot of people on here said a mix of that type, management and sim in the same package would be a dream, and I agree. They might not have it right yet in the gameplay department, but at least they're trying. It seems to me that Konami do s&^& all each year, tweak a couple things, make big sweeping statements like players are now in more control, or dumb or whatever, and release it 3 times a year. Fine, if it ain't broke don't fix it, but man, fix everything else (sound presentation, liscenses, cups, ML, etc...)

One day at this rate FIFA will catch up in terms of gameplay, and when that happens Konami's going to be screwed, because thats all they have going for them. Hopefully that'll force them into making an even better game, but with Konami you never know, maybe they'll just bring back the L1 + triangle pass and say look at the new through pass feature!

;)

Haha, Konami. I bet they tout the all new and improved through ball system in one of the games iterations coming up, which will in fact mean they just fixed the terrible version that is in WE9 ;)

Konami, look at the pitches and grass textures in FIFA 2006....That's exactly how they should look. Hope you learn something from this.

With that said, I'm sure NOKAMI won't fail us in grass textures and stadiums in PS3 version...Crossing my fingers....

The ball sticks to much has no bounce They need to fix that

Welcome to the money making scheme that is fifa.

As someone pointed out - they have no confidence in their gameplay, thats why they advertise big names - this years turn is Rooneys and Ronaldhinos.

Looking at those vids thay look smoother and more fluid, but the players just act rigidly, theres no flow from them. In essence, comparing with WE9 theres no competition, both in terms of graphics and gameplay. We9 never feels scripted and you always feel in control - fifa feels scripted and ultimately leaves you feeling hollow. last year i bought and played 05 for while but at times it just felt horrible. I scored a goal with Vieri that would grace any top matc - but i didnt do it. He nutmegged the defende(scripted) i then shot, but his shot was not what i intended ad he did this beautifully scripted top corner curler finish.

They will never get it right im convinced. because mainly THEY DONT WANT TO.

because they make their money and meet their marketshare every year and as long as a game is doing that theres no reason to put your soul into it.

i expect all the 12 year olds are saving their pocket money as we speak in anticipation in paying wayne rooney with the real kit on.

i just hope EA sports buy over winning eleven and make FIFA with winning eleven gameplay, tat would be perfect, no more patches needed

BK_83 said:
i just hope EA sports buy over winning eleven and make FIFA with winning eleven gameplay, tat would be perfect, no more patches needed

Yep I'm sure they could afford to buy Konami,It would be great to have a European slant on Winning Eleven with the FIFA league set up........

Been reading the previews in the mags for FIFA06 and it's lookin more and more like they are trying to copy PES even down to a straight button copy on controls.....They have even dropped their manager game to get the guys onto the FIFA title........ OH my god PES with FIFA league and manager structure.... :)

Back
Top Bottom