FIFA 06 is comin!!!!

S

shajisiddiqui

although i am not a big fan of FIFA series but i do buy the game:D, yesterday the first impressions of FIFA 06 were released i was just curious to know whether PES5/WE9 will again out perform FIFA 06.
waiting for ur comments. :)

I think PES5 will outperform FIFA 06 unless (like it says in my xbox magazine) they reall have worked on the game instead of just changing rosters each year!

DJ

at ign.com and gamespot.com and gamesradar.co.uk

I've been looking at the screenshots and videos, I never bought a fifa game, and that's because when I was younger I wasn't interested in football, I've played FIFA world cup 2002 and fifa 2004, at a friends house, but I was checking this one out, and it looks better than the other ones, graphics look improved, and from a video i've seen, they "fifa guy" said it was going to be a simulator..

EDIT: www.mundofifa.net, it's a spanish site, but it has pictures and videos, on the left there's a FIFA 06 logo click on that and you'll get videos options, pictures(pantallasos) etc.

I'm probably going to buy it because I'm a big Ronaldinho fan, and he's on the cover and there are some moves that he performs, or at least I heard.

I hardly watch the spanish league what are his most common moves? Stepovers flip flaps, what else?

I don't know if the flip flap is going to be in, I saw a video where they do 360s WE has it already, step overs WE has it, the way they recieve the ball.. I think they added some type of side step, WE has it.. and I saw other moves in the video.

Sulph said:
I hardly watch the spanish league what are his most common moves? Stepovers flip flaps, what else?

Let's see....

-No look passes
-Sombrerito's...or flicking the ball over two players at a time when he feels like it.
-Back heals and side heals
-Auto Pases....Or Auto Passes. Flicking the ball on the run around, over and through defenders legs and meeting with the ball on the other side.

When he was in Gremio, I saw him flick the ball as he was about to cross it, and in quick succession, pick it up and swing it around behind his left leg and flick it to his right to take the cross. You have to see it to beleive it. It's like Ronaldinho makes the ball dissappear for a couple of seconds, only to reappear again in a different direction.. The defender along with me, looked shocked and confused trying to figure out where Ronaldinho had hid the ball.

Ronaldinho is with out a doubt the best most exciting complete player to watch in the world of Futbol today. I'm just thankful to still be alive to appreciate and enjoy watching his magic..

Last edited:
Wow, the videos of FIFA 2006 really look quite promising both in graphical terms and in gameplay terms. It looks to me like a mixure of the previous FIFAs but a much more pristine, smoother, less muddier flow - in fact I'm reminded a lot of PES....

Check it out.

I think FIFA is utter tripe (with only one or two redeeming features) but even I had to rethink my position after watching.

This is going to be interesting I think... finally some credible competition? Okay, okay, not so fast - but it looks a lot better.

Fear is that ultimately, although it looks good the behind the scenes stuff will not be as in depth as PES. So characters will all essentially be the same. As is FIFA standard.

jflores said:
Let's see....

-No look passes
-Sombrerito's...or flicking the ball over two players at a time when he feels like it.
-Back heals and side heals
-Auto Pases....Or Auto Passes. Flicking the ball on the run around, over and through defenders legs and meeting with the ball on the other side.

When he was in Gremio, I saw him flick the ball as he was about to cross it, and in quick succession, pick it up and swing it around behind his left leg and flick it to his right to take the cross. You have to see it to beleive it. It's like Ronaldinho makes the ball dissappear for a couple of seconds, only to reappear again in a different direction.. The defender along with me, looked shocked and confused trying to figure out where Ronaldinho had hid the ball.

Ronaldinho is with out a doubt the best most exciting complete player to watch in the world of Futbol today. I'm just thankful to still be alive to appreciate and enjoy watching his magic..

That's the hocus pocus... only a handfull of players can do it... on of my fav tricks ever...

I practiced for some time, and now I can do it too.. but of course, there's a diference to doing on the street and doing it on a profesional pitch.

EAUK_Protagonist - Thanks James. We'll move onto gameplay now, which is the key focus for many FIFA players

fiFranky - but can [goalkeepers] get a red card?
Marcel EA - The truth is they can't due to technical difficulties

HAHA!! God that's cheered me up. Thanks thread-starter. :D

f to the vipe said:
That's the hocus pocus... only a handfull of players can do it... on of my fav tricks ever...

I practiced for some time, and now I can do it too.. but of course, there's a diference to doing on the street and doing it on a profesional pitch.

Yep, same here, I love that move.....I always use it wen playing football.

I found something in a chat log of FIFA 06, heres the website http://footballcommunity.ea.com/content.php?i=15, look at what I found "James EA - FIFA 06 now includes a variety of new controls and that includes shielding. You can use R2 to control the ball more precisely when dribbling. Also, pull off defence-splitting 'one-twos' to breakdown the opposition and get through on goal by holding down L1 when passing to a team mate. Careful timing will see the original player run forward to another position to receive the return pass." Sounds like WE controls to me...

It all sounds promising but as previous versions show they do the same every year,I feel it'll be another let down

Just checked out some screenshots etc.

This game looks a vast improvement, nets, balls all the additions from the pes series. It may well be time for the bar to be raised again, watch out Konami, Im no FIFA fanboy by the way before I get flamed. But his may be the kick up the Arse Konami needs.

New Stadiums in FIFA 06 -

Ataturk, jose Arvalade, Millenium Stadium, Azteca, Estadio Da Bessa, Stadio De Luiz, Seoul, Daegu, Dragao.

I would like to know what difficulty is set on some of the new vids i saw... because the defense looked like WE defenders on 2 stars...... if thats how it is on pro its gonna be a sad simulation to say the less.....

Nevermind the screenshots and gameplay READ THIS.

The Manager Mode of FIFA 06 borrows even more elements from Total Club Manager (the management-only simulator that PC fans have enjoyed for years). Team chemistry will truly matter this year as adding or subtracting popular and important players will have an effect on the rest of the team. Winning cures all ills, that's true, but the thought here is that if you ruin good team chemistry, those wins will be hard to come by because your squad will be severely depressed. If you play with Liverpool and decide it's worth it to sell Steven Gerrard so you can buy Ronaldinho, the fans and Reds as an organization may be more than a little upset with you. On a similar note, you don't have to worry about ruining your entire FIFA universe during your Manager Mode games, because teams will actively try to spend money and stay competitive in reaction to your transfer market moves. You can assemble your own team of Galacticos by grabbing Thierry Henry and Adriano and putting them on your version of Manchester United. But you'll pay through the nose for them and Arsenal and Inter, respectively, will spend that money on new superstars to replace the ones you've jacked from them.

In fact the whole concept of money management is more prominent in FIFA 06. You'll have a team budget like before, but you'll have to keep an eye on it from week to week now. Changing ticket prices, hosting games against weak competition, sponsorships, tournament payouts, and other elements factor into your team's financial health and you're responsible for all of it. You may have to wait until a particular week when your team's pockets are fat to pull off a move on the open market. Maybe you'll loan that promising young player to that struggling lower-division team so you can sell your aging star at the end of the season knowing you'll have his replacement ready. You get the money and the future is secure.

You'll also be able to negotiate sponsorship deals for your team with both real and fake companies. The version we saw didn't put any new logos on your team's uniform but the sponsorship paid out weekly and was apparent on your team ledger. Certain sponsors offer bonuses or balloon payment with loyalty while other companies simply aren't going to waste their dollars on a second rate team in a third rate town. So now winning in FIFA won't be enough, you'll get a crash course in sports team management, as you have to learn how to monetize your team's success and put them on the path to greatness. Madden fans have had a taste of this in ownership mode but in FIFA 06 the nature of the sport changes things. It's a lot tougher to "make" soccer stars through your own gaming skills since soccer doesn't have the same level of specialized skills as we see in the NFL. Losing great receivers to free agency doesn't hurt as much when your quarterback is still All-Pro. In FIFA you'll feel it when your star center-back leaves for greener pastures.

COME ON KONAMI THIS IS WHAT WE NEED SO BADLY FOR THE MASTERLEAGUE WAKE UP.

hopefully this fifa game will make Konami react in a positive form at last

Back
Top Bottom