FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

listen ANY soccer game is good in my book because I love soccer.
But there are levels.

WE9 is strategic and ends up playing like the real sport
fifa world cup is the best arcade soccer game i've played
and Fifa RTTWC is a mix between a strategy with horrible goal kicking

Nah RTFWC is a shitty excuse of a football game! the shooting and physics of the game were pathetic! and only some of the visuals were half decent IMHO. WC 06 is an improvement physics wise and appearance wise it aint bad but and this is a big but the gameplay still lacks overall depth and the shooting still feels heavily scripted!

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Nah RTFWC is a shitty excuse of a football game! the shooting and physics of the game were pathetic! and only some of the visuals were half decent IMHO. WC 06 is an improvement physics wise and appearance wise it aint bad but and this is a big but the gameplay still lacks overall depth and the shooting still feels heavily scripted!

DJ
To think if you'd said that a month or so ago I'd have thought you were taking the piss, you truly have seen the light matey!! \\:o/

RTFWC sucks donkey balls, terrible game, typical EA "crap gameplay but 12 year old kids will buy it because Ronniedinho is on the cover" blarb.

Last edited by a moderator:

RTWC is a joke. Its more scripted than any other FIFA out there. Strategy and tactics are non existant, dribbling is scripted as you just have to run straight while tapping the stepover buttons. Shooting is unrealistic as the ball 'floats' all the time at random speeds. The only nice thing is the grass.

Milanista said:
RTWC is a joke. Its more scripted than any other FIFA out there. Strategy and tactics are non existant, dribbling is scripted as you just have to run straight while tapping the stepover buttons. Shooting is unrealistic as the ball 'floats' all the time at random speeds. The only nice thing is the grass.

Agree. And WC06 hasn't made me think otherwise for Fifa 07

WC 06 has made me think FIFA 07 will be a waste of a DVD9, the casing, the packaging and the front cover....

How do EA get away with it?

DJ

djdoc360 said:
WC 06 has made me think FIFA 07 will be a waste of a DVD9, the casing, the packaging and the front cover....

DJ
Easy, they LIE to the public with their big ass promotional cloud and dozy fuds believe them. :lol:

easyeasyeasy said:
Easy, they LIE to the public with their big ass promotional cloud and dozy fuds believe them. :lol:

Dozy Fuds???

Chavs more like!

;)

djdoc360 said:

DJ
Read your posts, minus the last month or so's worth, and you'll see how they get away with it. When people see the graphics they fool themselves into thinking the game is the best game ever created, combing over the faults as "little things" which they'll fix "next time round" (bear in mind EA have said the next FIFA will be a WE-beater for at least five years, every year without fail).

Which I have done as well, I might add. I see Tranmere, fall in love, get married, then after a few weeks of Blackpool playing like Brazil I'm looking for the divorce papers. Again.

I spose mate im stickin with the Konami Guns, ive got right back into PES5 again.

DJ

here here! PES for the win :) I second that, now can we close this FIFA 07 thread? ive jumped through the hoop now on a game thats got more depth and is miles more playable.... Goodbye EA.

DJ

The thread will not close, so only FIFA comments only from now on, and please no WE/PES vs FIFA posts. People can enjoy a different game. No one goes into the Love Football or World Football Climax and slags them for not being WE/PES so no one should do in this thread.

Easy Holio was only joking. I know you wont close a thread based on what I said.

DJ

yeah i agree with the mod, lets post some fifa 2007 news in here, every thread seems to be about fifa v's pe/we

new pro evos make lots of little changes which keep it moving, and after playing a bit of fifa world cup tonight it could easily take a few things from the ea game, apart from the obvious licenses etc..

- curve to passes and long balls
- game atmosphere - enhanced crowd, excitement, dramatic intro, commentary makes it feel like tv
- ingame tactics - using d-pad for 4 tactics, and L1+dpad fro defensive tactics
- more original (not dated-looking) cutscenes (and menus!)
- fifa world cup game speed was spot on i think, slightly slow build ups but you can break on the counter quickly enough
- passes in pro evo are too accurate and easy
- some of the animations, maybe the ones for hitting long balls n few keeper ones are pretty sweet

im guessing iv drifted off-topic from what this started out as but needed to vent my views somewhere vaguely relevant!

Konami's TV Style presentation sucks basically. The commentary is awful in comparison to EA's very good FIFA Commentaries but thats where I draw the line. FIFA's are either Mediocre or they just aint the real deal and you think "This Game Lacks Something".

DJ

are there any screens on the net for fifa 2007 xbox 360?

Theres a huge EA event in the US on the 13th July. They're gonna show of games like Need for Speed Carbon, so expect some news on the new next-gen Fifa.

A couple of things that impressed my in 06WC:

first time shooting
low crosses
speed. Can slow the game down and speed it up, ala real football, also helped by a speed bar option to customise it to your liking.
Stiker movement

and of course the atmoshphere, audio, career modes etc

i think this game is really good once you give it a chance...for some reason people are flaming it when theyv'e only played it once...correct me if i'm wrong but don't alot of people say the same about pro evo every year when it's released

danhammer, ive played WC06 more than just once, in fact ive done all the achievements on it and ive come to realise how dire it is! I then pick up PES5 and enjoy tonnes of depth! it feels like a football title!

DJ

Ewlesy said:
- ingame tactics - using d-pad for 4 tactics, and L1+dpad fro defensive tactics
As someone already said, PES/WE has had ingame tactics for a long time. You know, those L2 + X, square, triangle, or circle things. And those are far more advanced than the predefined crap ones EA gives you.

deftonesmx17 said:
As someone already said, PES/WE has had ingame tactics for a long time. You know, those L2 + X, square, triangle, or circle things. And those are far more advanced than the predefined crap ones EA gives you.
And they are editable arent they deftones? on PES/WE you can assign your own tactics to each key combination you use where as ur stuck with EA's shitty and often useless Default Tactics on FIFA.

DJ

Hey mate, it doesnt mention FIFA 07 on there. It mentions other EA games but not that one.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom